Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010 | 08:13 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
HOW THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS DID I MISS RJ's BIRTHDAY!!?!?!?!?!?

Hey RJ!! Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a good'un!

Old 02-25-2010 | 06:18 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Happy Late Birthday RJ, hope you got over feeling sick and enjoyed yourself!
Gemmy, Mom is doing better...
I'm down in Hollywood, FL helping mom recupe after surgery. It's nice to be down here, as it is so completely different from my life in TN and what has been going on up there.
I'll check back in. Hope you East Coasters are surviving the snow... RJ, let us know what's up- sorry I haven't been there...
Hugs-

Old 02-25-2010 | 06:25 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I HATE SNOW!!!

SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP ALREADY, HOLY CRAP BATMAN, SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP ALREADY!

Old 02-25-2010 | 06:32 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
cabby, yes both me are on the mend, well for my dad as best as he can. but hubby is the enerigizer bunny.
2 week after surgery, doc released him and asked when he wanted to go back to work! He is getting around nicely and the nurse, as of today, is no longer coming to the house. She said he is more along then most people in 4 weeks time. He still has a dull pain but that is to be expected.

dad is in a rehab home and they are doing as much as they can. He had bleeding in his brain and the bleed stopped!!!!!!!!!! What a fighter he is, they said if we would not have told them he had a stroke they would not have know. He is an amazing man and glad he's my dad. I just miss him, his new place is too far for me during the week with my hours. But he is doing good.

Now I told hubby he picked a hell of a winter for surgery and I deserve a diamond bracelet for all this dam shoveling.... 3 storms back to back all over 1 1/2 feet EACH!

Old 02-26-2010 | 06:57 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ANOTHER DAM FOOT OF SNOW THIS MORNING...

Old 02-27-2010 | 07:26 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hi everyone!!... RJ-- how are you faring?....
Cab, I'm doing fine...I've gotten some news that isn't what I expected, but like this whole ordeal...I don't have a choice about what happens. It is out of my hands at this point. I'll fill everyone in below.

Originally Posted by cabwy
Hey RJ!! Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a good'un!
Thank you for the Birthday Wishes Cab and Everyone...it makes a Girl Melt knowing she has so many Friends and hasn't even met a single one!!

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Happy Late Birthday RJ, hope you got over feeling sick and enjoyed yourself!... RJ, let us know what's up- sorry I haven't been there...
Hugs-
Thanks TNMM...being sick spoiled 1/2 of my Birthday Day, but guess half is better than all...at least I got Molly's Windows Tinted!!

Ok Gang...so here's the update. Word of warning it is a bit long.

I will have to have surgery, I have a Saccular Aneursym which developed Inutero, it was something that was supposed to fall off a few days after birth, but never did. So the Surgeon I saw yesterday wants to either put Stents in (not keen on that idea) or a Graft (much more to my liking), I'm leaning toward the Graft because I have a very narrow (15.5mm) Descending Aorta Artery and thus it limits blood flow. The Graft would essentially correct the narrowing of the Artery and thus increase blood flow. The Saccular Aneursym and narrowed Descending Artery would be cut out and the Graft would be sewn in place.

The surgery is not without risks, no surgery is, but the Dr. mentioned Paralysis due to deprevation of blood to the Spinal Cord, a Heart Lung Machine will be used to keep the blood circulating during the operation.

I have another test to do on Monday called an ABI (Ankle-Brachial Index), basically a test to see how the circulation is in my extremities. Once I've completed that I will have an appointment with a Heart Surgeon, a Partner of the Vascular Surgeon I saw on Friday. This is to get a 2nd Opinion on how we should progress, then I'll meet with the Vascular Surgeon again to make sure everyone is on the same page. The Heart Surgeon may also order more tests after I meet with him, I don't know.

So as gory as it sounds that's what's going on, like I said I wasn't expecting to have to have surgery, but knew it was a possiblity. I won't have to have it until I'm ready, but I'd rather do it now while I'm "healthy" like the Dr. said rather than later and my recovery won't go as planned. I'm looking at 3 Days in the Hospital and a month off of work. The Dr. said also that this won't be the last surgery I have to have, I still have the Bicuspid Aortic Valve and I'm guessing at some point that will have to be replaced as well.

Old 02-28-2010 | 10:30 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
RJ, sweetie, do you need us to do anything? (Evidently I can't find my "We're concerned about you and we're giving you virtual hugs" smiley.)

Old 02-28-2010 | 10:52 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
HOW THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS DID I MISS RJ's BIRTHDAY!!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry UhOh...I think this one got missed in my Multi-Post...I L@VE these guys...Thank you so much!! (((Hugs)))

Old 02-28-2010 | 10:57 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
RJ, sweetie, do you need us to do anything? (Evidently I can't find my "We're concerned about you and we're giving you virtual hugs" smiley.)
UhOh...Thank you for your concern, I'm really fine, quite calm actually. I keep thinking about what's ahead and although it makes me a little queesy, what can I do??!! I can do nothing and let things take their course, but either way surgery is inevitable, so let's do it and get it over with and hopefully recovery will be a lot easier when I'm "youg" and "healthy", so the Dr. says!!

Old 02-28-2010 | 12:38 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RJ you have alot of freebie friends praying for you speedy recovery. I'm so sorry about all this news and I agree with you, get it done sooner then later is the best idea.
They always have to tell you the worst that could happen but please promise me (and the rest of us) you will stay positive and not worry about the unknown!
thanks for the up date, keep them coming - we are here for you and if need be we can take over the hospital parking lot with MINI's if that would cheer you up loads!

seriously, if you need anything at all. And yes it is so comforting to know that you have so many people in you life that care and support you, and never met! that means your special!

Old 02-28-2010 | 04:04 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Wow RJ,
I'm sorry you have to have this surgery, but... at least they have something they KNOW they can do. Wish you were closer, I'd bring you post surgery comfort food or coloring books or something. Glad your doc is on top of things & going to hook you up to a heart/lung machine to avoid major complications. You just let us know what you need... in fact, if you want to IM us your snail mail addy, I bet we can all send cards, care packages, good books, etc.
Many hugs-
Vivi

Old 02-28-2010 | 05:40 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
RJ you have alot of freebie friends praying for you speedy recovery. I'm so sorry about all this news and I agree with you, get it done sooner then later is the best idea.
They always have to tell you the worst that could happen but please promise me (and the rest of us) you will stay positive and not worry about the unknown!
thanks for the up date, keep them coming - we are here for you and if need be we can take over the hospital parking lot with MINI's if that would cheer you up loads!

seriously, if you need anything at all. And yes it is so comforting to know that you have so many people in you life that care and support you, and never met! that means your special!
I've got a Great Support System Gemmy, my Freebie Friends and my Husband has been Wonderful...I know he is pretty worried too, I saw it in his eyes the day the Dr. told us I needed Surgery. We talked about it that night and he promised me he wouldn't let it show anymore!!

I am a very positive and upbeat person anyway, so this is just a "Bump in the Road", I'll get through it and have a lot of years ahead of me.

I L@VE the idea of a MINI Parking Lot Parade!!

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Wow RJ,
I'm sorry you have to have this surgery, but... at least they have something they KNOW they can do. Wish you were closer, I'd bring you post surgery comfort food or coloring books or something. Glad your doc is on top of things & going to hook you up to a heart/lung machine to avoid major complications. You just let us know what you need... in fact, if you want to IM us your snail mail addy, I bet we can all send cards, care packages, good books, etc.
Many hugs-
Vivi
TNMM Thanks, as the time gets closer, I might just do that. Still don't know when yet, Hubby and I were thinking Late April (20th), if they give me the option. Hubby needs to be in Texas in June, so I'll be out of the Hospital and recourperating at home during May and he should be able to go to Texas without having to worry about me.

My MOM has already been looking for Plane Tickets. She's a Worry Wart and I don't like to think about the Stress I'm putting on her right now. But she'll insist on being her when I have the operation, so I'll just have to grin and bear it!!

Old 02-28-2010 | 07:18 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Holy Krap, RJ!! That is some kind of news... I am so sorry you have to worry about and go through this surgery. But, seriously, aren't we lucky to live in this day and age?? We have so many more options than our ancesters had. Two of my clients recently went through open heart surgeries. I worked on one of them yesterday. He was 4 weeks post op and looked amazing!

The other client, I havee't seen yet-- she is like 3 weeks post op and her surgery was more extensive- I spoke with her on the phone and she sounds strong and just had such great things to say about her surgical team and the entire process. She actually went to the Mayo Clinic and was really really really impressed,,, just food for thought. This was her 4th surgery and first one at Mayo and while her other surgeries went well, she is blown away by the quality of literally everything at Mayo.

Anyways, it is always encouraging to me to see these people immediately following their surgeries and see them looking and acting so peppy! I have no doubts that you will do the same!
Tnny and I must be related somehow, that was my first thought too, that if we could get your snail mail through IM'ing that you just might possibly get some really gooooood cards and correspondence heck,, maybe even before your sugery,,, uh huh,,, you heard me,,, that's right!! So, dear RJ let's cough up an address,,,yes??

Gemmy, you must have pi**ed off the snow gods.... Only you would get the shoveling duty on the record breaking year of snow!! I feel for you, kid,, I love snow,,, I really do and it is finally starting to tick me off a bit too.

I hear another storm is a comin on Wednesday?? I think, Gem, you will be safe, unless it comes up further North,, hopefully it will miss us-- I have daffodil shoots coming up and hyacinths and tulips,,, now that is optimism!! There is still 2 feet of snow around and they pop up anyway!!

Uhoh,,, how close to Co. Springs are you?

Hey, Hal, Uhoh, Miniola, RG and whoever else still drops by,, how are ya'll doin??

Old 02-28-2010 | 08:21 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I know Cab...it SUCKS!! But I'm encouraged by your Client's progress, thanks for sharing that and keep me updated on the one you have yet to see.

You guys are to funny, I'll certainly pass along my Snail Mail Address, once I know for sure when I'm going to have the surgery.

Old 02-28-2010 | 09:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
HOLY CRAP RJ!!! I guess getting your junk shaved into some weird landing strip by two unattractive men is the least of your worries, 'eh? So with previous heart problems that you've had, no one has ever noticed that you had this thing from birth? I hope that they are 100% positive that THIS is what has caused your most recent problems... you know... before you they put through all that surgery and recovery. WOW! And yeah, let us know if you need anything.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Let me go dig up some really good smileys for ya! *heading off to hunt*

TNMM- Sorry for your loss and for the loss of your friends. Very sad.

Cab/Gem- I can't believe the snow you guys are getting up there!

Old 02-28-2010 | 09:25 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I don't know why but these dancing bananas seem like a good birthday idea! Looks like they've got some good moves.

BTW- These are SPECIAL BIRTHDAY BANANAS!! RJ- No one has ever gotten these before! (I don't think anyway.)

Last edited by miniola; 02-28-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-01-2010 | 07:09 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Ola...my Husband had to ask me what was wrong??!! When I showed these to him, he knew nothing was wrong...I was just laughing so hard!!

Thank you so much!!

Old 03-01-2010 | 07:44 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I don't know why but these dancing bananas seem like a good birthday idea! Looks like they've got some good moves.

BTW- These are SPECIAL BIRTHDAY BANANAS!! RJ- No one has ever gotten these before! (I don't think anyway.)
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I love the moonwalk.

Old 03-01-2010 | 08:25 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Cabby, just watched the weather- the snow for wednesday is now going to Jersey area...

I don't know what i did to pi** off the snow gods but dam I'M SORRY ALREADY.

oh and by the way my hubby is removing my snow boot from his butt as we speak!

Old 03-03-2010 | 04:49 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
<giggle>
Gemmy... you'se a funny gal!

Hi Freebies <waves to all>

Glad RJ is laughing. I think the Bananas are mighty funny too!

Old 03-03-2010 | 07:54 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Well I fell apart last night...our Hot Water Heater bit the dust and on top of that I had not heard from the Thoracic Surgeons Office about my appointment with the Heart Surgeon. All the stress just got to me. So Today I called the Thoracic Surgeons Office to see how the scheduling was going, the person I talked to made it sound like NOTHING was happening, and said she would get back to me in 2-3 Days, that wasn't good enough, but I was drained, SO I had Hubby call!! Later this afternoon she called back and let me know that my Appointment with the Heart Surgeon is scheduled for Thursday, March 11th @ 1:30PM.

Hubby has been my Superman through all of this, he's tried to make sure that I don't have a lot of stress added to an already stressful situation. He got the Hot Water Heater fixed Today!!

People at work have been great too!!

Old 03-03-2010 | 08:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
You've got a great man! Good for him and glad for you.
My hubby is my rock too.

glad you have the appointment down, I would say to relax some but I know that won't happen for a while so I will just say to take a breather!

Old 03-04-2010 | 01:05 PM
miniola
6th Gear
One banana was fun... but adding a whole dance crew... well... that's just CRAZY! Glad you liked them.

Sorry about the ordeal with the appt and stuff. So do you HAVE to get this surgery done right now? Is it something that could just rupture any day? Or is it something you can wait and do later on down the road?

Old 03-04-2010 | 01:07 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh yeah... HEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOO to the rest of the buddies!

I think this has been the coldest winter we've ever had since I've been here almost 12 years! Certainly the longest period of cold weather. BRRR!

Old 03-05-2010 | 02:18 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Well I fell apart last night...our Hot Water Heater bit the dust and on top of that I had not heard from the Thoracic Surgeons Office about my appointment with the Heart Surgeon. All the stress just got to me. So Today I called the Thoracic Surgeons Office to see how the scheduling was going, the person I talked to made it sound like NOTHING was happening, and said she would get back to me in 2-3 Days, that wasn't good enough, but I was drained, SO I had Hubby call!! Later this afternoon she called back and let me know that my Appointment with the Heart Surgeon is scheduled for Thursday, March 11th @ 1:30PM.

Hubby has been my Superman through all of this, he's tried to make sure that I don't have a lot of stress added to an already stressful situation. He got the Hot Water Heater fixed Today!!

People at work have been great too!!

Hey RJ! That is great about your husband!! Good for him! So, now that you have this date set, try to get some of your "to do's" done and keep busy ( in a good way) no since worrying til you really have to-- that is my motto, LOL.
So, like Gemmy said, try to take a breather, maybe do something fun with your kids... or whatever really lifts your spirits.
Hang in there,, you can do this..

Last edited by cabwy; 03-06-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...