Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010 | 09:32 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs!

Dad went back into the hospital last week. AFTER mom had to harrass him to get his butt to the hospital, but he's doing Ok. They're keeping him until at least Monday, and they're talking some scary but interesting "fixes." They just have to check with his regular cardiologist and oncologist first, and both of those gents weren't available until next week. Dad's name is Bill, so my brother and I figured we'd get him an "oh NO, Mr. Bill!" figurine. Mostly because we couldn't find a decent Energizer bunny.

ANYWAY. TOday is a pretty day outside - sunny and NOT 30 degrees or below! Unfortunately, I MUST MUST MUST do homework. Which is why my butt is parked in front of Cartoon Network with a pot of coffee, leaving notes for my Freebie friends.

Later, Freebs!

Old 03-07-2010 | 01:27 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Hi Uh Oh

Old 03-07-2010 | 04:19 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi all, just jumping in really quick....

tax season is in full swing and my hours are around 60 hour weeks these days.

Hope all is well with everyone... X thinking about your dad, RJ thinking about you... and Cabby wasn't today FANTASTIC.... 55 degrees and i washed nugget and drove home topless!

Old 03-07-2010 | 05:52 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hi Freebies!

I've out of touch with the Internet since Wednesday evening. Deb and I went down to Florida for a quick long weekend. Deb stayed in Clearwater to visit her mother while I went on down to Zolfo Springs to participate in Pioneer park Days. It's an antique flywheel engine and tractor show I've been going to since 1981.

My best friend Ross had a close call this weekend. Ola has met him when we had dinner together last Thanksgiving weekend.

He was heading toward Zolfo Tuesday afternoon when the wind pushed his truck towing a travel trailer onto the shoulder. This happened just as he was approaching a driveway which had a concrete culvert running beneath it. when he hit the culvert it caused his truck and camper to go airborne. The truck rolled onto it's roof crushing the passenger down to about 4" off of the back of the seat. The drivers side only came down about 6-8", just touching his head. Luckily he had his seat belt on. He only had some bruising. Both vehicles will probably be a total loss.

Deb and I will be on the road early tomorrow to get back home sometime in the late afternoon. Have to get back to work Tuesday.

Old 03-08-2010 | 04:50 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OMG- Hal that's a truly scary story. Please let Ross know we're so glad he's ok (and I'm assuming there was no one in the passenger's seat?!)

X, you and your brother are too funny! I'm glad your dad seems to be in good hands, and laughter is the best medicine... I hope the new doc knows what he's in for with Mr. Bill's Family

Gemmy, I feel for you- I've been studiously avoiding my tax info and have to get on it. UGH. Glad at least you're not shoveling snow with the Incredibly Cute but very Toothless kid... But does your Hubby know you drive around topless? (giggle)

Cabby... oh Cabby! Come out come out where ever you are.

RJ- I'm glad you have a date. Hopefully you have some nice weather to enjoy before you go in. We're here for you!

Sorry if I missed anyone... Not quite awake yet. I got to ride a horse on Saturday, finally. It was just around my barn yard, no saddle, no bridle, just a halter, and I let him do what he wanted to do, I just sat on him. My balance is off, and I haven't ridden since, oh, November (eek), so I thought this would be an easy first step to get back in the saddle, so to speak. I hope to get on someone today, although my food buying club truck is coming in around 11 and then I have to run to Nashvegas for physical therapy (I've got a disc issue in my back)... Shhh, don't tell my pt, but I went rollerskating yesterday (for the first time in my life). couldn't stop hugging the wall...

Otay Ladies & Germs,
I'm outta here

Old 03-08-2010 | 07:57 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hal, I'm glad you friend is around to tell you that story!
X how's pop?
TN, horse back riding with a bad back and then rollerskating...
speaking of rollerskating, where Ola these days?
Cab, come out and play the weather is great isn't it....

Tn, how do you know i'm not running topless with the toothless wonder??
yes 60 hour work week beats shoveling anyday!

Old 03-09-2010 | 04:43 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Gemmy, my physical therapist gave me the ok for riding, as long as I didn't go crazy. Since I was bareback, I was doing a lot of stretching on Beamer's back, and it was supposedly the right thing to do... She said my back didn't feel like it had as much concrete in it!
Topless with Toothless? Sounds like a really bad movie... the kind of movie I don't want to watch, LOL!
Enjoy your topless days Gemmy- We're getting rain (read storms) for the rest of the week, so I won't be able to go outside and play (now, maybe I can get my taxes done?!)
Ciao Bella and the Rest of the Freebies!

Old 03-09-2010 | 01:47 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey hey everyone!!!

I am indeed enjoying this fabulous weather,, I have been power walking each day, the dogs need it, I need it and it is just such a wonderful, uplifting activity this time of year...!

Uhoh,, how's your dad? Your story was funny, I hope my sons show that kindof humor if and ewhen I start "declining" or is that "Reclining"?? Or Supine'ing??
Viv, I rode for years and years with crush fractures, don't you find that you just adjust the stirrups and take more of the weight into your legs/ At least that is how I cope with it. plus I found a nice smoooth gaited Qoaurter Horse,, he literally floated when he cantered... awwww... sigh,, awwww mm,,, ok,,, got lost in the memory for a second!

I am going nuts,,,NUTS, I tell you! I leave Thursday am for Colorado... I have a very fance soiree to attend.. my grandson will be turning 5 and we are having a par--taaay!!

Hal,, wow,, what a story! You friend was keeping his angels busy, wasn't he? Thank God he wasn't seriously hurt, and I hope it didn't ruin his plans for a fun weekend/week.
I had one of those freaky accidents when I was a teenager. see above comment about back fractures. We weren't wearing seatbelts,, but our front seat split in two so there were all of these conjectures about whether the lack of seatbelt actually did more good than harm? Who knows, right?
It was bad timing, we were turning into a driveway-- turning right-- and a truck rammed us from behind, which wouldn't have been so bad except the driveway was at the top of a good sized hill- so imagine our car turning with the wheels twisted and getting rammed from behind-- we did 2 1/2 flips down that hill.... jeez... that was a sucky date!! (my boyfriend was driving)

So, sometimes I think we really do have guardian angels who are keeping us safe...

So! If I don't "talk' to you all for a few days, know that you are in my heart and possibly in my feeble mind,,, lol
I am not taking my laptop but hopefully I will get to use my son's laptop occasionally... lucky for me I can get FB on my Blackberry..

Old 03-09-2010 | 06:14 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Here's a link to a photo of Ross' truck.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...00000132083500

He's very lucky not to have been seriously hurt.

Old 03-09-2010 | 07:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Ola' Freebies...I've not been away, just preoccupied AND this time it is NOT about ME!! (Sorry...I just had to put some Fun in there)

My Husband's Aunt passed away today, she had had a Stroke last week, but had been going down hill for awhile, anyway. She kind of became a Hermit, she was in a Care Facility, but didn't want to interact with the other residents, wouldn't go to meals, just stayed in her Apt. by herself. The staff did what they could to try and get her involved in the activities, but she wasn't interested. Anyway, Hospice finally became involved prior to the Stroke even, but the Stroke made her Bed-ridden, paralysis was on the left side, it just wasn't going to get any better for her, so her being at peace is a God Send.

We were on our way home from work last night and the Hospice Gal called us to let us know that the "Time was Near", so I helped Hubby get ready and he left last night around 7:30ish, it's a 2hr. drive to where Aunt Ada was, he stayed with her all night, only leaving to try and rest for an hour, but he wasn't able to. This morning he called me before 10am, to let me know that she has passed on, so I left work and drove down to be with him and to say Goodbye to Aunt Ada. It's been a very emotional day.

News about me isn't all that great either...I got a call from my Thoracic Surgeon yesterday to let me know that the ABI Test I had on March 1, showed blockage, not sure where though. And he said he would try and meet with us and the Heart Surgeon on Thursday @ 1:30PM (1.5Days, yes I'm counting), that way we don't have to meet with him again, I take that to mean that after we see the Heart Surgeon we will have a "Date" for Surgery, I've already warned my co-workers who cover some of my duties to possibly expect me to be admitted to the Hospital on Friday, March 12th, I don't know what else to think, if not then then soon.

My Mom has already called to ask if she can come TOMORROW, come to my Heart Surgeon Appt. and hear what he has to say. I told her "NO", I'm 47 Years Old, and I have a Wonderful Husband who takes very good care of me. Besides, I don't even know when Surgery is going to be, try telling that to your MOM!!

I know something will happen soon, just not sure when (1.5 Days).

We are also meeting with an Attorney Thursday afternoon @ 4:30pm, to get all the Legal Mumbo Jumbo out of the way, at least the Preliminary Part. Yes, it is something that should have been done long ago, but I guess it takes something like this to make you realize that you cannot take any day for granted!!

So let me say now, I L@VE each and every one of my Freebie Friends and may each day bring you peace, harmony, joy and love!!

Old 03-09-2010 | 07:38 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
with a tear in my eye, RJ, I'm sorry for your Aunt, and yes she is at peace now.
my prayers are with you and on the 12th i will say an extra for you.

Old 03-10-2010 | 04:29 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Good morning Freebies!

RJ,, God Love you, that is a shame about Aunt ada, but in her case it seems that she is in a better place... that is wonderful about your husband sitting with her,, he must be pretty exhausted, mentally by now...

You are officially on the top of my prayer list,, and maybe you could have your husband post updates on here when you do go in for surgery??
But only if he has time, I surely do not want to add to his list of to do's!

If it helps, I have seen and worked on both of my clients who had open heart surgery last month, it is amazing! They both look great, and are up and walking around like normal.. I was amazed at how easily they could sit up and lay back on the table without my help.
I am sure you will do just as well,,, sending you a huge- 2 armed hug.... and a "noogie" for good luck!!

And in the tradition of our Freebies thread we will be waiting for your return,,,

Old 03-10-2010 | 04:31 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC

He is EXTREMELY lucky to have walked away from that!

Last edited by cabwy; 03-10-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: becasue I have no idea what wlaking is!!
Old 03-10-2010 | 08:01 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC

Holy Cow, take that guy out for a beer!

Old 03-11-2010 | 04:51 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
RJ, we got your back! And there are no razors involved ... at least here Think positively, as that's going to help you heal the fastest and get back on your feet-

Hal, man oh man, your buddy Ross is a lucky man.

It's raining here folks. Send snorkles!

Old 03-11-2010 | 06:36 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
TN, we are supposed to get rain starting tomorrow for 4 days. when your done with the snorkles, send them up.

Old 03-11-2010 | 06:37 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RJ my thoughts are with your tomorrow!
((((HUGS))))

Old 03-11-2010 | 09:12 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Well Freebies...I have a Date with a Scalpel!!

My Surgery has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 24th. The Surgery will take 4-6hrs, I can expect to be in the Hospital for 5-7Days, and recovering at home for an additional 7Weeks.

My Mom is flying in on Monday Night at 7:39pm from Durango, CO. We will need to be at the Hospital at 5am, Surgery will begin at 8am.

My Heart Surgeon appt. ended up being yesterday @ 2pm, his office called me at 1pm and asked if I could come in right away as Dr. Martin would be in Surgery all day Thursday and Friday and be gone all of next week, so we high tailed it to his office by 2pm with 2minutes to spare.

The discussion went well, with a model heart as the prop, and the Dacron material he will use. He described in detail the incision he will do, he will need to remove a bit of my 4th rib in order to allow the other ribs to be spread apart for access to the aorta. Lots of other gory details that I won't burden you with, just suffice it to say that I won't be having much fun that day.

As requested I will pass out my home address, I've already received a few Get Well Cards!!

Thanks Freebies...keep me in your prayers!!

Old 03-12-2010 | 04:55 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
You got it RJ, I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers! ((((((HUGS)))))

Old 03-12-2010 | 09:51 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Prayers for everyone and love and hugs!

RG

Old 03-12-2010 | 01:42 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
RJ, I think I missed something..... are you broken??

Old 03-12-2010 | 03:38 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
RJ, I think I missed something..... are you broken??
MINIxB I got a Good Laugh out of this...THANK YOU!!

You will find the Details beginning at Post 7456...and after that Turn Around 3 Times, Touch your Nose with your Tongue and Go (((Hug))) the Next Person you S@@!!

Old 03-12-2010 | 04:13 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Oh noes!! That sounds scary. I'm sure after surgery everything will turn out ok though Get better soon (((Hugggggsssss)))

Old 03-12-2010 | 06:54 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RJ, you are only temp. broken!
to be fixed really soon.
thanks for the address!

Keep smiling and staying positive,you've got a great team behind you and lots of MINI love and prayers!

Old 03-12-2010 | 07:04 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
RJ, I hope everything turns out OK and you have a speedy recovery.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...