Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010 | 04:23 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
I was always a huge fan of Darth Vader from age 1.5 on. Hunka hunka burnin' beat-your-butt!!!
SSSSSOOOOOOOOO shocked! But he had a big fat head and you couldn't tell if he was hot or not.

Old 03-26-2010 | 07:45 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
SSSSSOOOOOOOOO shocked! But he had a big fat head and you couldn't tell if he was hot or not.
Must have a Men-in-Black thing. Or tall, dark, and shiny black leather fetish.

Old 03-27-2010 | 07:08 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

AND... he had a breathing problem. Terminal Asthma kinda thing... Bad Obscene Phone Call kinda thing...

Old 03-27-2010 | 04:35 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey Julie's husband,, that is great news!!! I am thinking that Julie is................

SUPERWOMAN!!

This is Julie, showing off her fresh, shiny, pink scar....

Seriously, though, this is really great news.... you just can't keep a Mini Cooper person down..

Last edited by cabwy; 03-30-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-29-2010 | 02:00 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Old 03-29-2010 | 07:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Waiting for another update on Julie....

hum, that would be you Superman....

Old 03-30-2010 | 04:51 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
ROFLMAO! Ola, you're a mess!

Old 03-30-2010 | 05:03 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
RATS!! I posted a few days ago and didn't hang around long enough to see if the photo uploaded,,,sigh, let's try again..........

I hate those pesky little details,,,,,,,

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-superwoman.bmp  
Old 03-30-2010 | 06:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
too funny Cabby... between you and OLA you make a perfect match!

Old 03-31-2010 | 04:48 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
By the way Freeb's!! I had another Freeb's encounter with gemgirl last weekend

OUr Phillymin group was hosting our first big Mini member meeting and I had RSVP'd for both myself and the hubby. The hubby found a photog course that he would rather attend so I took Gemmy ( who was on the waitlist with phillymini) as my "date"-- we had a great time!
Our club is such a great group of people and we had a family style dinner which was even better yet because it encouraged us to introduce and interact with the other miniacs. So, we both walked away with a bag ful of Mini goodies and new friends..
Get this, the restaurant/bar had us in this large dining room off from other patrons so the limit for this was 100. We had 100 people there and on top of that was a wait list with 30 morn hoping to attend!! Phillymini rocks!!

Old 03-31-2010 | 04:50 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
too funny Cabby... between you and OLA you make a perfect match!

I love my silly 'Ola,,, she is definitely out of my league with her humor... LOL

but Gemmy, you were a pretty good date last weekend too.

Old 03-31-2010 | 10:53 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Okay... I've missed a lot and there's too much to read.

RJ: What on earth did you DO to yourself? I'm reading all this crap about the hospital and the ER... and... WTH? I need the entire story... condensed into one post please.

Gem: How's things honey? I have puppy pics for you, stay tuned at the end of the post.

Ola: I saw one of those trolls the other day, it had white hair, and I immediately thought of you, almost bought it... but I was in a HUGE hurry.

cabwy: Glad you and gem had such a great time!!

Finally... Hello Freebies!!! I've been busy, as I'm guessing you can imagine.

Viola is heading over to Seattle MINI on Friday for her warranty service inspection that the douchebag at the OTHER dealership said she would not need before July of this year... that was supposed to be performed July of last year... The folks at Seattle MINI informed me that their system said that the service inspection had been performed at the other dealership. I happily informed them that this was NOT the case. I want the service inspection done and the oil change done. If they screw this up... well... I probably won't be getting another MINI.

Mugen... has grown a LOT since I last posted pics of him. He will be 10 months old next week and currently weighs around 70 pounds. He is only half way through growing. I suspect he'll settle out at somewhere around 80 or 90 pounds once he's done getting taller.

This is what Mugen looks like now:

Also... some of you may remember that I adopted another dog in November, Miss Lucy is still doing great, though she has turned out to be allergic to everything under the sun...

And... I hope to have some pics for you guys of Viola after my birthday. They've come out with a few new accessories that I'm planning to pick up for her as a birthday gift to myself.

Love to the freebies.... and btw... I've REALLY missed you guys.

Update: Oh.. and the son... got his driver's license. It happened last weekend. Those of you in Washington, please stay away from the eastern half of the state as it is no longer safe to travel the public roads there.

Last edited by RandomGemini; 03-31-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-31-2010 | 02:45 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Weird random piece for today:

Dad and I after grandma's funeral. Dad used to be 6', and i'm only 5'9-5'10" in those heels.

Name:  SarahDadJeanfuneralMAR2010.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  54.9 KB

New kitteh (yet-to-be-named), sitting in the sun and spying on the neighbors

Gotta go do make-up homework. Peace Freebs!

Old 03-31-2010 | 03:48 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Wow Sara, that video almost makes me want to go out and get a VDub with a trailer setup like that. That is one maneuverable rig. Would make parking at camp grounds a breeze.

Old 03-31-2010 | 04:01 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
*big hugs* Sarah.

Old 03-31-2010 | 08:05 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
By the way Freeb's!! I had another Freeb's encounter with gemgirl last weekend

OUr Phillymin group was hosting our first big Mini member meeting and I had RSVP'd for both myself and the hubby. The hubby found a photog course that he would rather attend so I took Gemmy ( who was on the waitlist with phillymini) as my "date"-- we had a great time!
she told me i was her "pity-date"....

we had a great time, lots of laughs! and fun!! Our group is great! I was on the waiting list and Cabby called out to me so I could go to the party!!!! I love ya Cabby!

Old 03-31-2010 | 08:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RG, mugen is huge! beautiful but huge! and Miss Lucy is a lovable pup. Not sure if it is just Yellow labs or all labs but they are prone to allergies. My pup is allergic to grass. she is on pills from about mid summer to October. After the first couple grass cuts.
thank for the photos...i love them.

Old 03-31-2010 | 08:11 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
X- I love the photo of you and your dad. cherish those days that you can be together, no matter how sad the day is.
I miss my dad so much and when ever I am sitting with him I wish for our conversations we used to have, oh never mind....

Oh and we should have a contest to name your kitty!!!

Me first me first.... I say hummm.... Dolce (sweet in Italian) or Latte (milk in Italian).....

Old 04-01-2010 | 05:35 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
RG, mugen is huge! beautiful but huge! and Miss Lucy is a lovable pup. Not sure if it is just Yellow labs or all labs but they are prone to allergies. My pup is allergic to grass. she is on pills from about mid summer to October. After the first couple grass cuts.
thank for the photos...i love them.
Thanks! I'm planning to compete with Mugen in Rally trials next fall. He's one bored dog and he does amazing things with obedience. He's a show quality dog, but showing him would be difficult because he's a chocolate and he's got that zipper on his nose... judges aren't huge fans of cowlicks.

Lucy has food intolerances (pork, duck, turkey, chicken, beef lamb and rice, which is in every dog food on the planet now) and is allergic to pine and sagebrush, which is actually horribly ironic. I adopted her from a rescue in Indiana, where there is almost no pine or sagebrush... and they shipped her to me... and I live in the pine and sage brush capital of North America.

Not all Labs are prone to allergies... unfortunately, to get the ones that aren't, you have to go to a show breeder who researches the genetics of their dogs... which is where Mugen came from and you end up dropping a chunk of change for a puppy that way. Reilly had allergies too and he was black. I think they're just over bred because Labs are so popular.

Old 04-02-2010 | 05:06 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
OMG...I've Missed My Freebies!!!

Ok...so my Husband has fallen off the Superman Turnip Truck!! He should have kept you guys more informed.

Where do I start??...I came home from the Hospital on Monday PM, on Wednesday, I got to take an Ambulance ride back to the Hospital, a Chest Tube opening began to ooze, and since we were not informed of this possibilty before hand Hubby kind of "Freaked Out". ER Dr. said it was normal and patched me up. Went home and it happened again, this time only worse, no ER Visit, but we did call my Heart Surgeon, he said that if things didn't settle down by today to call his office. I've been leak free for 36hrs., so I'm calling it good.

I've been up 2x today, due to my Step-Sister being a Cardiac Care CNA and pushing me to get up and get moving, or I won't like the results...Pneumonia. I've already had it once and she is right it is not something that I want to repeat, so I'm going to get up again here in a bit and see what's for Dinner??

I loved all the cards you guys sent...FREEBIE MINIs ROCK!! I don't know what else to say but THANK YOU!!

Old 04-03-2010 | 08:37 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
YAY, RJ IS BACK!!!!

50 lashes with a wet noodle for Mr. RJ-formerly-known-as-superman for not at least letting the crowd know how concerned to be about you!

Oh and we should have a contest to name your kitty!!!

Me first me first.... I say hummm.... Dolce (sweet in Italian) or Latte (milk in Italian).....
Very cute. Only I veer towards Gaelic! (Funny how that works, eh? You, Italian, me, Irish...BWAHAHAHAH!!!) We ended up naming him Finn which is "white" in Scottish-Gaelic. I wanted Socair, which means "tranquil, peaceful, relaxed" but it kept sounding like "SOCCER." I tried combining the two - Socair and Finn - but that just ended up sounding like SOCCER FAN, so I gave in to family votes and settled with Finn. He is DEFINITELY a laid back kitteh. VEEEERY laid back.

Ok, so for those of you who aren't on Facebook, Sarah went modding nuts yesterday. I'd been trolling the NAM and other website marketplaces for good deals on mods, now that I feel I've got finesse driving with a stock car under my belt...I've done the research, and when i found the good deals (especially when my tax returns came back!), i STRUCK! So parts and pieces have been stacking up in my back door entryway for a few months now. One of my NAMie friends is also located here in Kansas - an older Audi and Porche mechanic who can not only properly show he knows what he's talking about, but he's a phenomenal teacher. So I asked if he could teach me to put the parts on (knowing he has more tools and nifty stuff in just his little garage than I could EVER buy), and he and another KS club member who was lusting for a garage day with nothing to do to HIS own car... Well, Let's just say I'm still finding grease and dirt all over myself. My car sounds reeeeeeally sweet (ok, as Hal put it, "Wicked!") and I can definitely feel a difference in the performance. Im a happy girl. One more thing to add (Parrot Blue Tooth) and I'm good for now!

Aaaaanyway, I'm procrastinating on my homework. Later Freebies! Have a beautiful day.

Old 04-03-2010 | 11:22 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Okay... I've missed a lot and there's too much to read.

RJ: What on earth did you DO to yourself? I'm reading all this crap about the hospital and the ER... and... WTH? I need the entire story... condensed into one post please. .
One Post condensed just for you RG.

It began on a Friday Night while Hubby and I were out to Dinner (Date Night), I felt like I was going to pass out, not faint, but Black Out, so I told Hubby I wasn't feeling well, he thought it was on of my Vertigo Episodes, it wasn't. He got things moving for us to leave, once I got outside I felt better and we were able to continue our Evening Plans.

I had known that I had Valve Damage, but though it was only my Mitral Valve, turns out not to be the case...I do...have a Biscupid Aortic Valve, but in Prestine Shape according to my (Now) Heart Surgeon. His diagnosis is that I have a Biscupid Aortic Valve, a Cooarction of the Aorta, a Sacular Aneursym, and a Narrowed Aorta Artery.

So approx. 2 weeks after my Passing Out episode I was able to get into see a Cardiologist...and that's where it began to Snow Ball...

On Feb. 5th I met with her, on the 9th I had an UltraSound in her office, on the 11th I was given a Seven of Hearts Heart Monitor to wear for 30 Days. At the Ultrasound I knew something was wrong when the US Tech had me wait for her to fill out her paperwork and she consulted with my Cardiologist, who was On-Call at the Hospital. She came back and said, "the Dr. will want to run some more Tests!!"

The next Test to be done was a Cardiac MRI, on Feb. 16th. I then had a CT Scan on Feb. 22nd, to narrow down the problems.

I met with a Thoracic Surgeon on Feb. 26th, I had an ABI (Ankle-Brachial Index) Test on March 1st. I then met with a Heart Surgeon on March 9th.

I met again with my Cardiologist on March 18th, had another CT Scan of the Coronary Arteries, to be sure I had no other blockage, thankfully I don't.

So considering all of those tests, and Dr. Visits, we ended up deciding to have a Partial Aorta Artery Replacement, using a Dacron Graft.

And that's where I am 10 Days Post Op. and feeling Good except that I can't believe how the simplest of tasks can seem to take so much out of you.

Both of my Parents came, my Dad drove in from Prescott, AZ on Monday, March 22nd, my Mom flew in that night from Bayfield, Co., my Mom is still here but will be leaving Tomorrow.

My Condensed Heart Surgery Saga!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 04-03-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2010 | 12:00 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
One Post condensed just for you RG.

It began on a Friday Night while Hubby and I were out to Dinner (Date Night), I felt like I was going to pass out, not faint, but Black Out, so I told Hubby I wasn't feeling well, he thought it was on of my Vertigo Episodes, it wasn't. He got things moving for us to leave, once I got outside I felt better and we were able to continue our Evening Plans.

I had known that I had Valve Damage, but though it was only my Mitral Valve, turns out not to be the case...I do...have a Biscupid Aortic Valve, but in Prestine Shape according to my (Now) Heart Surgeon. His diagnosis is that I have a Biscupid Aortic Valve, a Cooarction of the Aorta, a Sacular Aneursym, and a Narrowed Aorta Artery.

So approx. 2 weeks after my Passing Out episode I was able to get into see a Cardiologist...and that's where it began to Snow Ball...

On Feb. 5th I met with her, on the 9th I had an UltraSound in her office, on the 11th I was given a Seven of Hearts Heart Monitor to wear for 30 Days. At the Ultrasound I knew something was wrong when the US Tech had me wait for her to fill out her paperwork and she consulted with my Cardiologist, who was On-Call at the Hospital. She came back and said, "the Dr. will want to run some more Tests!!"

The next Test to be done was a Cardiac MRI, on Feb. 16th. I then had a CT Scan on Feb. 22nd, to narrow down the problems.

I met with a Thoracic Surgeon on Feb. 26th, I had an ABI (Ankle-Brachial Index) Test on March 1st. I then met with a Heart Surgeon on March 9th.

I met again with my Cardiologist on March 18th, had another CT Scan of the Coronary Arteries, to be sure I had no other blockage, thankfully I don't.

So considering all of those tests, and Dr. Visits, we ended up deciding to have a Partial Aorta Artery Replacement, using a Dacron Graft.

And that's where I am 10 Days Post Op. and feeling Good except that I can't believe how the simplest of tasks can seem to take so much out of you.

Both of my Parents came, my Dad drove in from Prescott, AZ on Monday, March 22nd, my Mom flew in that night from Bayfield, Co., my Mom is still here but will be leaving Tomorrow.

My Condensed Heart Surgery Saga!!
Good Christ!

That's a heck of a lot to go through. I'm glad you're okay and I wish you a speedy recovery. I wish I had been keeping up with the freebs a bit better, I would have sent you some flowers at the hosp. *big hugs*

Old 04-03-2010 | 03:28 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
WELCOME HOME RJ!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH YOU SOUND BETTER ALREADY! I'M GLAD.

RG sounds like Mugen and Miss Lucy is keeping you busy

X- love you kitty's new name! we were thinking alike!

hi everyone else, bye everyone, going out for dinner now.

Old 04-06-2010 | 04:59 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Welcome home and back to us Freebs, RJ!! See?? I just knew it!! Hubby would fall from Superman"dom" and you would remain as the REAL SUPERWOMAN!!! Tah dah!

It sounds like you are right on track with your recovery.... kudos to your Step Sister for making you get up and keep moving!!!

RG-- great dog pics,, those are some handsome hounds!!

Sarah,,, honey,,, great mods,,, somebody is reeeeallly in love with their mini,, yes?? Seriously,,, it all sounds awesome-- but even more :awesomer" is the photo of you and your dad.... that is a great photo!! And I always tell my male clients that bone density issues can effect men as well as women, and here is a good example...

I love the puddytat!! Love him!! And I love the name Finn!! I am a Gaelic kind of gal too...

And Gemmy!! You were the best pity date ever!!! This isn't going to sound right but I think of you every time that I suck on a mini mint.... good eye for spotting those on the tables!!

I hope all of you Freebs are getting this great weather,,, I have been soooo enjoying the yard work, but now I am limping around like I am 80 plus years old...!! Thank goodness my work week is a little lighter than usual!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...