Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010 | 03:10 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OLA- LOVE LOVE LOVE MY BLING BALL!

And the disco dance instruction made hubby and I laugh... too funny! We will incorporate it into our own dancing sometime! Interesting to watch!!!

thanks for the bling!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2010 | 05:39 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
So with 'PacMan' turning 30 and Ola bringing up Disco...I'm feeling so OLD!!
How come the Guy looks like he's trying to...ummm...trying to Dump a Load!!

Old 05-23-2010 | 07:39 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
How come the Guy looks like he's trying to...ummm...trying to Dump a Load!!
I cracked up when he "thurst his hips" and his a$$ followed! Too funny.
Ola you don't dance like that, please tell us NO!
OLA FESS UP.....

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:05 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Uhhh...Gemmy that WAS Disco...admit it...you Danced that way AND you liked it!!
Don't you remember "Do The HUSTLE"??!!
Yeah...well DISCO Baby!!!

Old 05-24-2010 | 05:50 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OMG... Disco?!?
Now I feel old! I had to put up with my Puerto Rican cousins & their crazy clubbing. Granted when I was dancing with them & their friends, all was good, but the music drove me crazy. As in, it would come on the radio & I was history. That's how I developed a taste for classical music. LOL...

Hi everyone!

Ok, back to my regularly scheduled nutty life...

Bye everyone!

Old 05-24-2010 | 05:54 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Tn & UhOh,
Here's a neat little truck I think both of you can appreciate.

Little truck with extra horsepower

Old 05-24-2010 | 08:22 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Tn & UhOh,
Here's a neat little truck I think both of you can appreciate.

Little truck with extra horsepower
Haha - Nice!!

Old 05-24-2010 | 08:24 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Uhhh...Gemmy that WAS Disco...admit it...you Danced that way AND you liked it!!
Don't you remember "Do The HUSTLE"??!!
Yeah...well DISCO Baby!!!
SSHHHHHHHHHHHH, RJ don't go there!

yes i remember the hustle and disco very well, but come on that guy was just wrong in his sneakers and all!

Old 05-24-2010 | 10:28 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Ahhhh...BUT it made you Laugh!!

Old 05-25-2010 | 04:42 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I one upped him, Hal... as I have 2 mini horse power to add, plus a whole bunch of mini pig power... but I think I can only add the mini pigs power to a Harley (giggle)

Old 05-27-2010 | 04:37 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
I am higning my head in shame. I haven't touched base on here for ages and now I see that I missed Gemmy's b day???
Well, Happy Belated Brithday Gem,,, you sweet young thang, you!!

I am guilty of getting involved with Fb... I have reconnected with 3 gals from my high schol and have been talking silly for days on end..

PLUS on top of that, my ex husbands family has reconnected with me and I am busily catching up with them.... and that is a real treat!! I have missed them terribly.

Then!! Yesterday was hubby and my 10 yr. Anniversary!! woo hoo,,,

It sounds like all are doing well on here,, AK,, glad you got the motherly advice from the gals on here, I was thinking the very same thing!!

2phun, good to see that you are back and still here..

mini0la,,, love your D. *****,,, LOL LOL LOL you are a piece of work.

RJ-- keep up the good work,, you are well healed !!
HI Tnny, Uhoh,,, Hal, hope you are all doing well...!!

Old 05-29-2010 | 09:50 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Well my work out in the field is done, for now. I finally made it out of there this afternoon and now I'm waiting in the Anchorage airport for my flight home. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed!

I hope you freebies are enjoying the weekend.

Old 05-29-2010 | 11:51 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hi AK, glad to see you are headed Home. Our Oldest Daughter was visiting for a week, she's flying out tomorrow, going back home to Anchorage. Hubby has been away for 5 Days now, enjoying the TX Hospitality. He will be flying in Tomorrow and Very Happy to be Home.

Old 05-30-2010 | 05:04 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Happy Memorial Day Weekend everybody!!

God Bless American and those who have helped to keep us free!!

Old 05-30-2010 | 04:41 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Happy Memorial Day Weekend everybody!!

God Bless American and those who have helped to keep us free!!
AMEN!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 05-30-2010 | 06:31 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Yes Cab- DITTO. And BTW Happy Anniversary!

Gem I'm glad you loved your bling ball. And I hope you guys didn't think I was seriously thinking that guy was a good dancer. OMG he was HORRIBLE!!! But that's what made it funny.

Wish I could stay but I have to go get cleaned up and ready for bed.

Hello to everyone. Hope all is well.

Old 05-31-2010 | 08:50 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Happy Anniversary Cabby- And RJ, so glad you got to spend time with your daughter. If it helps, when I read your post and "feel" your sadness that she's going back to her home, I remember that my kids will go off someday and I need to treasure every minute with them.

I'd wish you all a happy Memorial Day, but this day always gets me sad... I think about the loss of life- about the people who gave their lives for Our Country. Then I think about the families they left behind, the parents (especially the mothers), the siblings (I am a surviving child, it's a very hard role to play), the spouses, girlfriends/boyfriends and the children who grow up with out a parent. While we often consider how noble and selfless it was for our soldiers to give their lives, the ultimate sacrifice, we often forget the pain their loss leaves behind...

Old 06-01-2010 | 04:57 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Happy Anniversary Cabby- And RJ, so glad you got to spend time with your daughter. If it helps, when I read your post and "feel" your sadness that she's going back to her home, I remember that my kids will go off someday and I need to treasure every minute with them.

I'd wish you all a happy Memorial Day, but this day always gets me sad... I think about the loss of life- about the people who gave their lives for Our Country. Then I think about the families they left behind, the parents (especially the mothers), the siblings (I am a surviving child, it's a very hard role to play), the spouses, girlfriends/boyfriends and the children who grow up with out a parent. While we often consider how noble and selfless it was for our soldiers to give their lives, the ultimate sacrifice, we often forget the pain their loss leaves behind...

Vivi,

What you wrote was very heartfelt and so true. I had no idea that you lost a sibling that way. You know the sacrifice, first hand. God Bless you and your family...
How is your poison ivy? How is the basement flooding,,? Isn'mt about time for you to take a road trip? I think you need one... sending you a big hug!!

Old 06-01-2010 | 05:04 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Funny story,, Bob and I were doing so yard work yesterday,, it was hot and sunny and we were trying to get a few tings comleted before the heat did us both in.
I decided to trim back a shrub that was kind of taking over one side of our porch-- and I didn't work for too very long before I decided that I needed Bob to help. I had a trash can, my shears, a small pruner and scissors all together by the shrub and headed to the back yard to find Bob,, he wasn't there so I circled back around to the front, called his name and no Bob.. Inside the house, called upstairs, no answer,, called downstairs into the basement, no Bob,, so I stopped in the kitchen, got a glass of ice water then headed back outside,, where I see the garage door is now down and locked up,, so I go back to the shrub and everything is gone,, the trash can, shears, everything!! Somehow, while I was calling and hunting for Bob, he had circled back behind me, saw my stuff out and figured I had finished so he put away all of my stuff and closed up the garage!!
I finally found him downstairs in the shower,,, he was thinking we were finished,,, hahaha
And that is what married life is all about!!

Old 06-02-2010 | 02:37 AM
pilotart
6th Gear
Nice try, Bob.

BTDT

Old 06-02-2010 | 07:25 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Vivi,

What you wrote was very heartfelt and so true. I had no idea that you lost a sibling that way. You know the sacrifice, first hand. God Bless you and your family...
How is your poison ivy? How is the basement flooding,,? Isn'mt about time for you to take a road trip? I think you need one... sending you a big hug!!

Oh Cabbie- I must confess, my brother didn't die in combat. In fact, he was home, and in the process of receiving his honorable discharge when his girlfriend was driving his car too fast on a country road and lost control and they were both killed. Now there is a strong thought (by me, the local police and an outside investigator) that the REASON she was driving 110 mph on a road that's dangerous to go 45 on, is because she was being chased by a mob goon (she was an informant into a heroin trafficking ring), and my brother was trying to get her out of that life, so in one sense, he died in the line of duty. But losing my brother like that, quickly, unexpectedly, is very hard. And I truly feel for the families and friends of those who don't come back from war. The sacrifices our men & women in uniform make are far reaching. And that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Ugh, the poison ivy.. ended up getting a shot yesterday for it. My left eye is almost sealed shut. I look like something out of a grade b horror flick. and I ITCH... UGH. Even the good stuff isn't helping. AC is still out because I'm itching to much and can't see so I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I want to go live in Norway.. I'd say Iceland, but there's that pesky volcano... Alaska would be good about now... I'm hearing it's even hot in Maine (got into the 90's a week ago up there... that's unheard of in May, as there is sometimes snow then).

OK, I'm going to stop feeling sorry for myself and get industrious.

Ciao Freebies

Old 06-02-2010 | 08:48 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Naughty Bob. (Pilotart your comment made me laugh. )

TNMM sorry about your poison ivy garbage. That is one thing I have never had. My mom and my brother used to get it often but I never did. I did the same things that they did so I wonder if I have some kind of immunity to it. I've thought about touching some to test but... nah... .

Old 06-02-2010 | 03:09 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I feel for you Vivi.

I'm extremely sensitive to poison ivy. When I was a small child I got some on the worst place for a guy to get it on. I was one hurtin' little guy. I won't go into details.

Seems like all I had to do to get infected with blisters was be downwind from a vine. Funny thing was I went through a time period without getting blisters even though I know I had made contact with several vines. But that only lasted a few years. Now I have to be very careful to stay away from it.

Last edited by HalAC; 06-06-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-02-2010 | 05:15 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Sorry about your private parts Hal.

Old 06-03-2010 | 11:40 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hal, my son can commiserate with you... except in his case it was a tick. I, on the other hand, was camping about 25 yrs ago and had to relieve myself in the middle of the night... in mt. lion land. so I didn't go far, and I had forgotten to take the flashlight with me, but had a full moon. Squatted, grabbed some leaves, wiped and...
24 hours later I was in the most pain I've ever been in. Ended up at an emergency clinic in a town I was passing thru. Massive drugs later, I was told the only way I was getting home was to drive (oh, did I mention I was driving cross country?) without anything on my lower parts, except a towel drenched in medicine...
This was back in the CB days. Got LOTS of comments.
I lived. And I will never do that again.

OUCH OUCH OUCH...

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...