Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010 | 08:16 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Ok...Ok...I joined Facebook!! BUT I only did it to have access to the PDX MINI Club Page!! So where is everyone on FB...can you PM me your Address??!!

Old 06-16-2010 | 02:51 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Ok...Ok...I joined Facebook!! BUT I only did it to have access to the PDX MINI Club Page!! So where is everyone on FB...can you PM me your Address??!!
Just do a friend search on our names; i.e. Hal Corum

Old 06-16-2010 | 05:03 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I PM'd you my facebook link!

Old 06-16-2010 | 05:06 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Haha, we're all facebook geeks.

Old 06-16-2010 | 05:33 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
do a search for my car... Mochalattecooper

(giggle)

I'll pm you my name

Old 06-16-2010 | 07:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I am on Fb as xxxxx,,,, friend me!!!

Hey!! If any of you are on here tonight,, looks like I need a new washing machine,,, does anyone have a new-ish washer that they love and have had long enough to say it is dependable??

Last edited by cabwy; 07-05-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2010 | 07:52 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
I am on Fb as Carol Bradstreet Dean,,,, friend me!!!

Hey!! If any of you are on here tonight,, looks like I need a new washing machine,,, does anyone have a new-ish washer that they love and have had long enough to say it is dependable??
Sears, just got a new one about a year ago, it is a front load Samsung, I really like it.
it has settings, like sanitize, a nice option.

Old 06-16-2010 | 07:59 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
I have a fb account but don't go on often, so please don't be upset if i don't get on too to answer!!! PM sent

Old 06-16-2010 | 08:13 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Sears, just got a new one about a year ago, it is a front load Samsung, I really like it.
it has settings, like sanitize, a nice option.

Well,, it's like this,, i have a "newfangled" machine that has cost me so much money over the past 5 years that I am now giving up,,, I am going back to the reliable top loader,,, from what I am hearing and reading, no washing machine, these days, is a good washing machine,, How can this be???!!

Old 06-16-2010 | 08:26 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Because the Maytag Man died... then Maytag died and was bought by Whirlpool, who made the Neptune and then got their fannies handed to them when the Neptune continued to have a gadzillion problems. I think they went belly up and got purchased by another company. Or maybe Maytag bought them?
I have a Bosch front load. I've had it for a couple of years and it actually works well. I have front load (and Bosch) because we're on a well and need to conserve water (have a Bosch dish washer as well, love it). Because it is such a water miser, it takes a lot longer to do the wash- but it seems to be fairly gentle on my clothes... I'm using a lot less detergent since I went front load, and my clothes seem to last longer. It has a "sanitize" feature, which I don't use much (it increases the water temp up to something unbelievable), except when the flu is going thru the house or I've been mucking stalls and need to make sure my clothes are super clean.

Modern top loads seem to have many features of the front loads (except they use more water).

Hope that helps...

HI Freebies!

Old 06-17-2010 | 06:48 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Thanks Vivi!! I have heard good things about Bosch,,

Hey,, I hate to bring up bad memories, but how did the poison do?? Are you itch free, now?? I sincerely hope that it din't drift to your nether regions,,,!! I still can't get the image of a bottomless ViVi going cross country

Old 06-17-2010 | 07:22 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I seem to be PI free... I was very lucky about the spreading, it was mostly contained to one arm and my face, then a week later appeared on my stomach and on my leg/thigh, up to my panty line but no further (phew!). I ended up with the summer flu on top of it (my theory is that my immune system was so taxed with fighting the PI, it couldn't handle fighting off the flu too...) which whupped my hiney.
But I'm back on my feet and healthy and now madly ironing in name tags for the kids clothes to camp, trying to organize the house, panicking about packing (have to pack 2 trunks for camp, the kids bags for driving up & sight seeing, my Maine stuff and my Wyoming stuff). I'm worried about my critters... everyone is walking funny, cats are being especially needy, and the dogs are going to be super lonely. The new dog is already having problems in this heat (did I mention it's been in the mid to high 90's with heat indexes over 100...UGH).

OK, back to work. Can't fiddle on here for too long... Hugs-

Old 06-18-2010 | 02:17 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
HIYA Freebs! Don't think I've forgotten you! MWAAH!

Old 06-18-2010 | 07:50 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!

Old 06-19-2010 | 12:42 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hi Gang!! I'm still here too. I've just had one Wild Week. I had been having severe Chest Pains for 4-7Days, so I called my PCP and since I'd only seen her one time she recommended that I call my Cardiologist. I did and had an Appointment for Monday PM, she did an EKG, prescribed Pepcid and Prilosec, had me do a Chest X-ray which I did at a Clinic close to our house. I continued the Prilosec Tuesday/Wednesday AM with no refief. I called back and they doubled check X-Rays that I had taken in the Hospital and found that I had Fluid on the Left Lung. So Wednesday PM at work I get a call from my Cardiologist's Office; get to the Emergency Room ASAP!! I had Blood Work done including Cultures, got stuck 4x, only vein found was by Ultrasound. I also had a CAT Scan, which showed Fluid around my Heart!! Turns out thankfully that that was over-exaggerated. So after 4hrs. in the EDT, I get a prescrption for Oxycodone, I've only taken the 1 on Wednesday Night, and I'm feeling 100% Better!! But boy was I STRESSED there for a bit, I even "Went Off" on my Husband...'cause HE wasn't helping matters any??!!

A nice relaxing Weekend here, mid 60s and Showers, but I should still give Molly some TLC!!

Old 06-19-2010 | 12:57 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Glad you're feeling better now RJ.

Old 06-20-2010 | 08:25 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Wow RJ! That is scary! I'm glad everything is ok now...

BTW, did you send me a FB friend request? I've got one that I think is you, but don't want to accept unless I know for sure...

Thanks and let us know if we can do anything for you. Your weather sounds lovely (it's a sweltering 98+ here... UGH).

Ciao

Old 06-20-2010 | 11:04 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
BTW, did you send me a FB friend request? I've got one that I think is you, but don't want to accept unless I know for sure...Ciao
That was me Vivi...RJKimbell=RobertJulie Kimbell on FB!!

Old 06-21-2010 | 05:32 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
<runs to FB to accept friend request>

Old 06-21-2010 | 09:11 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Holy smokes, RJ...that must have been quite scary. Glad everything turned out ok!

Old 06-21-2010 | 10:38 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
RJ-- I am so sorry that yo had to go through that!! Do they know what caused fluid to accumulate in your lung? Glad to hear that you are feling better now and thanks for friend'ing me on FB!

Old 06-21-2010 | 08:36 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
<runs to FB to accept friend request>
Vivi you are too Funny!!

Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Holy smokes, RJ...that must have been quite scary. Glad everything turned out ok!
Not really scary AK just stressful like I said, the pain wasn't radiating, like moving to my arms, I didn't have a Fever, and other than than it hurt to take a step pain. I'm in very good hands with my Cardiologist!!

Originally Posted by cabwy
RJ-- I am so sorry that yo had to go through that!! Do they know what caused fluid to accumulate in your lung? Glad to hear that you are feling better now and thanks for friend'ing me on FB!
Cab, nope I have no clue. All I know is what they told me and that I will have to have another Chest X-ray in 30 Days. Guess we'll see what transpires after that.

Old 06-22-2010 | 10:31 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
RJ... what the heck is UP with that body of yours?

You need to have a conversation with your physical health. I'm glad you're all right and hope you continue to do better.

Old 06-22-2010 | 07:52 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow RJ, get better or we will come out to you in a MINI Pack!

Hi all hope everyone else is going good!
Not much on this end, just busy with life.

Old 06-26-2010 | 10:13 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hi guys!

And yes- I finallllly caved and joined FB a few weeks ago. Holy crap what a time suck! I don't know what all that farming for truffles and stuff is all about... but it's probably better that I don't. I need to get some housework done!

RJ hope your heart issues get worked out soon.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...