Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010 | 04:42 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HI all, just checking in this morning to see how my freebees are doing.
Yes I also would like to see the countryman in person, i like the looks.

On a side note yesterday was a very busy day for the household, introducing another 4 legged member to our current spoiled princess. Long story short, they met in the park and got along very well, better then i expected. throught the day we took baby steps (well puppy steps) and when it was time to bring the new guy into the house and see how the current ones feels. every thing went fine!!! My princess woke up htis morning and looked at him like "you still here" but was fine.
So with this said, allow me to introduce you all to Chip a 7 year old chocolate lab. and you already know Thistle our current 7 year old yellow lab.

Better photos when they relax a little more.

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-thistle-and-chip.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010 | 10:00 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Very Sweet Gemmy!! So where did Chip come from?? You mentioned he and Thistle met in a Park (Dog Park)?

Rosey & Sadie send Welcome Hi-5 Paws!!

Old 08-15-2010 | 10:37 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Boy, you guys are all turning into chocolate and creme lab people!!

Old 08-15-2010 | 01:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Chip was a rescue lab. the first 1 1/2 of his life to was total abuse, and he was found chained to a tree skin so sunburned they didn't realize he was a chocolate, they thought he was a yellow, I hate some people!
after that the family that rescued him is my daughter in laws cousin, had him for 5 years and had had a great life. that family is getting transfered to another country. I did not want him to go to a shelter. So they drove up from Delaware and we meet in a park to meet each other.
That is Chips life in a nut shell, now he has a great home with us and will be spoiled like our current princess is and i know he is going to be a happy pup....
it's it fitting his name is chocolate chip, i like chocolate in case nobody remembered!!! he is a very good boy!

Old 08-22-2010 | 10:31 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Knock, knock... Freebies... Anyone home? I'm back from my travels, got a HUGE pile of stuff to go thru here and am trying to avoid it like the plague! Hope all my Freebies are doing well- it's hot and sticky here in TN. Makes me want to go back to Maine, or never leave the air conditioning. And that's saying a lot cause I HATE air conditioning (makes me sneeze).

Ok, well, that's all I have to say for the moment.

Old 08-22-2010 | 08:44 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Knock, knock... Freebies... Anyone home? I'm back from my travels, got a HUGE pile of stuff to go thru here and am trying to avoid it like the plague! Hope all my Freebies are doing well- it's hot and sticky here in TN. Makes me want to go back to Maine, or never leave the air conditioning. And that's saying a lot cause I HATE air conditioning (makes me sneeze).

Ok, well, that's all I have to say for the moment.
Welcome Home TNMM!! I've been following your travels on FB, looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time, glad the trip went well. Can't say much for the HOT & Sticky stuff your experiencing, we haven't even had a real Summer this year, it is usually that way here.

Old 08-23-2010 | 04:03 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Thanks RJ,
It was a great trip. Glad my kids are adventurous, cause it makes traveling a lot more fun (eww, let's stop here and see what kind of trouble we can get into, etc)...
I've been trying to keep up with my Freebies, altho I haven't posted much... Didn't mean I wasn't thinking about you all. How's your health RJ? I'm hoping you're doing well and getting back on your feet. I've heard about your cooler weather ~ I wouldn't complain too much... altho my friends in CA have been complaining because they can't seem to get their tomatoes to grow in the cooler weather.
OK, well, I've gotta get the kiddos up. Man, 6 am comes early!!! I may have to come home and take a nap.
Ciao

Old 08-23-2010 | 06:15 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gemmy!! I love Chip!! Good for you for adopting him,, ( it is a him, right??)

NAM irritates me,,, I never get any notice that anyone is repying to this thread, all of a sudden I realise many days have gone by and then I rush to see what I have missed.
I am sure once the days get shorter and colder that we will all be snug inside typing away on here!! Until then,,, everyone take care!!!

RJ-- How are you feeling, hon?? Are you back to 100%??

Old 08-24-2010 | 08:14 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Gemmy!! I love Chip!! Good for you for adopting him,, ( it is a him, right??)

NAM irritates me,,, I never get any notice that anyone is repying to this thread, all of a sudden I realise many days have gone by and then I rush to see what I have missed.
I am sure once the days get shorter and colder that we will all be snug inside typing away on here!! Until then,,, everyone take care!!!

RJ-- How are you feeling, hon?? Are you back to 100%??
I'm feeling GREAT!! I did have another Ambulance ride to the Hospital a couple of Friday's ago...I've realized that Margaritta's and I no longer see eye to eye as it were, oh well, I'd much rather enjoy my Husbands company than have him following me down the road in an Amublance.

And I did a 2mi. walk today at Lunch, in the 90* Heat, I felt great to be able to get out and walk and not feel like my Heart was going to jump out of my chest, or that I wasn't getting enough oxygen. I just realized today that that was what I was feeling like when I used to walk at Lunch prior to my Surgery. Speaking of Surgery...Today is my 5th Month Anniversary!!

Oh...and Today I bought a Trek 7500 Hybrid, used, but I want Hubby and I to get out and be as active as we can, now that we have 2 economical vehicles and either one will be able to haul the bikes, we just have to get the necessary accessories!!

Thursday (26th), Molly, Hubby, and I will be tearing up the Twisties at PIR (Portland International Raceway), Rasmussen MINI is Sponsoring a Track Day, Molly is signed up for the FAST Group...Wooo Hooo!!

Old 08-27-2010 | 03:58 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey RJ!! That is wonderful news,,, it really is... and OMG- you guys are doing alot of exciting things, that is so good for you both. What's up with all of these new vehicles??
I love your comment about getting up and active.... all I can say is good for you!! whoot!! yee haw!!

Old 08-27-2010 | 09:35 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Well Cab, the Newest Vehicle is just another way to get around more economically than 12mi. to the Gallon and NOT have to Fill-up a 26g Tank!!
Hubby is loving his New Ride, I'm glad because I was the one who "pushed" him into it. Now with less $$ going for maintenance and Fuel, we can start enjoying the outdoors more!! And what better way than on a Bike??!!

Old 09-04-2010 | 06:53 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi all, been thinking about everyone here and WHERE HAS THE SUMMER GONE?
Cab, I miss you!!! so close and yet so far!! (and I don't get mails from NAM either)
RJ, 5 months wow, you and hubby sounds like you are having some fun! you go girl.
X- what's up???
AK- Same!
Hal - Same!
RG - pups?
OLA- wow!!
TN- welcome home!

ok think I have caught up! we have had a FAST, beautiful summer here (i love the heat) and today is getting cooler.
Pups are getting along great, I think Thistle is in love as a matter of fact.

He is not a Chip, He is a Moose! a big lovable moose! our family is complete!

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-chip-and-thistle-meet-2010-034-small-.jpg  
Old 09-04-2010 | 06:56 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
oh and my licence plate came in.... it is.....

24K ORO

(translation= 24k GOLD in Italian)

gemgirl is retired.

HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE, be safe and enjoy the weekend!

Old 09-04-2010 | 07:12 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hey Gemmie, we're still here!

Deb and I went on an all day drive out and about the countryside. We were doing a dry run of the route a group of us Middle TN MINIacs will be taking in two weeks time. Some stretches of this route are very like the Dragon.

We had a picnic lunch at Fall Creek Falls state park, then did a bit of sight seeing while we were there. Deb was able to do some geocaching while we were there also.

We then took a bunch of twistie-turnies though the country side to get over to another state park at Rock Island. There's some really spectacular twin waterfalls there.

We ended the trip at a little restaurant whose slogan is "You Need to get Lost to Find Us.". The chefs there are CIA trained and their meals reflect the training. We both had just fabulous meals there.

We both had a great time out today.

Old 09-05-2010 | 07:33 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Freebies!

Hal, that sounds like a fabulous trip. <sigh>

Gemmy, are you now going to be known as La Bella de Oro???

David is coming back next week. I haven't seen my dear husband since July, the kids haven't seen him since June. To all you active duty military and vets out there, I don't know how you do it. My heart breaks for you and your families. This was a very tough few months... but then again, we were also dealing with David's elderly father, dementia and his other health issues...

OK, I've gotta clean house- seems I got talked into having folks over today. <sigh>

Have a great weekend y'all-

Old 09-05-2010 | 07:39 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Gemmy, are you now going to be known as La Bella de Oro???
YUP

Old 09-05-2010 | 10:24 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Tnny,,, glad to hear your huby is returning home,,, and I agree about being apart for long stretches at a time, the military families really do go through a lot.
Gemmy,,myabe we can try to get another dinner on the books? We are thinking of doing the Phillymini Tikki run next wkend but it looks like you can't make that one??
And I love Chip- the Moose,,, he has such a big wise face... LOL

And hellp to the rest of you, have a Happy and Safe Labor Day weekend.. we are going to Longwood Gardens tonight for the fountains and fireworks show,, I love going there,, it is just sooo nice!!
Sure wish NAM would get their notifications working,,,,,

Old 09-05-2010 | 02:47 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Gemmy,,myabe we can try to get another dinner on the books? We are thinking of doing the Phillymini Tikki run next wkend but it looks like you can't make that one??
And I love Chip- the Moose,,, he has such a big wise face... LOL
Oh Cabby - we would love to get together sometime.... oh the problem is the time!
the tiki run, I have 3 appointments that day and an open house. but the restaurant is literally 4 minutes from my house! How i wish I could be there. I was thinking after the open house, stopping by for a drink with who ever is there. another guy that lives right around the corner said he and his wife will be there later so might try to do that!

Chip the Moose is so cute and I think Thistle is in love!

Old 09-06-2010 | 03:27 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
It has been a fairly relaxed weekend for me. I went fishing and finally caught some cohos. I guess all the rain we had over the weekend finally allowed some of the salmon to finally start going up the rivers. Got to chat it up with some tourists from the UK, Australia, and Germany. It was pretty cool giving them some fishing pointers and seeing results right away. They were quite ecstatic when the cohos attacked their lures! Wish I would have gotten that on video!

Old 09-07-2010 | 03:53 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Would love to see some of your Alaska pix, especially the ones of fishing. Jealous!
Morning Freebies, it's too early for me... didn't sleep well last night either.

Old 09-13-2010 | 07:36 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
hello world

Old 09-13-2010 | 07:51 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hey Norm, how's St. Pete doing these days?

Old 09-14-2010 | 07:50 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
hello world

Hey Big Norm!!!

Old 09-14-2010 | 08:28 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Norm!! *said in a Cheers Crowd voice*
Where ya' been...How ya' Doin'??!!

Old 09-15-2010 | 04:34 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
NORM! <all the peanut gallery says>

Been super busy around here. My husband is home, after being gone for 6 weeks to care for his Dad. His dad is back in Nashville too, at an assisted living facility. We're all splitting time between our farm and Nashville. Poor kids have to get up at 6 am to get to school on time (schools start wicked early around here).
OK, I'm outta here.
Ciao Freebies!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...