Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011 | 09:07 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Well...well...well L@@K who's coming out of woodwork...FREEBIES!! It's like a Freebie FAMILY Reunion!! (Sorry UhOh...I love this guy!!)

Old 01-04-2011 | 07:44 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
not much of a new project, more of a project that the partner took under his wing, and then decided to play games with me....i will post pics of the project as i get underway with it...have to get it towed from its current location to the new shop i will be working out of....we will be doing any and all new and classic mini work from this new shop so feel free to message me if you need anything

Old 01-04-2011 | 10:44 AM
Vollgas
6th Gear
Just thought I'd add to post count.

Old 01-04-2011 | 07:53 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Holey Moley RJ!! Close your mouth!! Protect those tonsils!! lol
This is what happens when it's cold outside!! We're baa--aaacck!

And RJ,, while I am harrassing you I may as well as, how are you feeling these days??
Norm, sorry to hear about that partner going rogue,, what a bummer,,

Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Well...well...well L@@K who's coming out of woodwork...FREEBIES!! It's like a Freebie FAMILY Reunion!! (Sorry UhOh...I love this guy!!)

Old 01-04-2011 | 07:57 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey Tnny!! Thanks for the advice on the hand-- it's healig nicley,, and I am back to work. I am wearing a bandage and glove but it's not too bad. Aloe and light massage for the scarring..
BTw-- I got to visit with Gemmy again this past December at the Deck the Mini's event.
She was looking good and she had hubby with her.

I really enjoyed catching up with her..

Plus Otto's had a Countryman on display,, I ust admit I have a hankering for one of those!!

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
OMG, if we all have to courtesy or salute Uh Oh, we'll never live it down! <giggle>

Happy New Year Freebies!

Cabbie, so sorry to hear about your hand. OUCH! ouch! OUCH! Don't forget aloe to help reduce scar tissue...

NORM! yay, a new project

I went to a NY Day party and ran into some folks I had met a couple of years ago when I was trying to help all the folks who got hit by the tornado around here. They knew I had a Clubbie, and they were pleased to tell me they'd gotten a classic!

OK- off to the races... <sigh> when did reality decide to hit.

Old 01-08-2011 | 10:21 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Holey Moley RJ!! Close your mouth!! Protect those tonsils!! lol
This is what happens when it's cold outside!! We're baa--aaacck!

And RJ,, while I am harrassing you I may as well as, how are you feeling these days??
Norm, sorry to hear about that partner going rogue,, what a bummer,,
Cab...it is so good to see you!! I am feeling TERRIFIC!! Thanks for asking!!

Old 01-09-2011 | 08:17 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Welcome to the insanity Vollgas... Rules of the family are you have to read every 5th page of this until you're caught up...

Happy family reunion Freebies... and happy New Year!

ok, off to go make pancakes for the kiddles!
Originally Posted by Vollgas
Just thought I'd add to post count.

Old 01-28-2011 | 06:50 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi Freebies!!! Happy New Year and apologies for not stopping by earlier. Surprise to see how many posts I had missed. I never get emails any more.
Life has been good. Holiday the best. Snow sucks.
School busy and tax season about to start again. where did the last year go?

OhXoh congrats on the Masters!!! way to go girl, I'm starting to think I'm never going to graduate another year to go but then doing what I can in the evenings. Oh well!
Hi TN, RG, RJ, AK, Hal, and all the newbees. and anyone else I missed. Hope everyone is well!

Old 01-29-2011 | 09:02 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
We miss you Gemmy girl, but you're studying, so you have a hall pass on this. As does UhOH... Proud of you both.

I won't torture you and tell you it's already in the mid 50's and the birdies are all singing. I'm going horse back riding this afternoon. Haven't been on a horse in a week cause I fell-went-boom on some black ice and also got the creeping crud. But I'm over the crud, and while my pride got bruised, no serious damage from the fall (just sore as all get out). So off to ride!

Hope all is well with all my fave Freebies~

Old 01-29-2011 | 09:14 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
be careful TN!!!
and thanks for the hall pass.

Old 01-30-2011 | 07:24 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hey Gemmie where ya' been Girlfriend??!! Not much happenin' in these parts, did get the two 4-tire Kids washed today, temps. in the Upper 40s!! Nothin' like a clean MINI to bring a to your face!!

Old 01-31-2011 | 07:34 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Gemmie where ya' been Girlfriend??!! Not much happenin' in these parts, did get the two 4-tire Kids washed today, temps. in the Upper 40s!! Nothin' like a clean MINI to bring a to your face!!
Hi RJ, been bussssssyyyyyyy - school, work, and well just life! My poor Nugget is so dirty, but it is too cold and snowy and slushy here to even attempt to get the dirt and salt off yet. another storm is set for tonight along with ice, i hate ice. My snow tires are great but can't find ice tires.

anyway how are you feeling?

Old 01-31-2011 | 10:01 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Doin' great Gem, guess what Friday starts my 1yr. Dr. Appts.!! It will be 1 year ago Friday that I saw my Cardiologist for the 1st time and we all know how the story ends!!

Old 02-01-2011 | 06:45 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Doin' great Gem, guess what Friday starts my 1yr. Dr. Appts.!! It will be 1 year ago Friday that I saw my Cardiologist for the 1st time and we all know how the story ends!!
wow one year already! Good for you! Way to go- you showed them

Old 02-01-2011 | 06:47 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
TN how did you make out with your ride?
Almost saw Cabby last weekend but the snow was more then i could handle and cancelled on her! so close and yet so far!

Old 02-04-2011 | 07:22 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
*crawls out of the woodwork, waves to the freebies and dashes off for parts unknown!*

Old 02-04-2011 | 11:20 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
No Dr. Appt. for me today, down in AZ looking after my MOM!! BTW...Molly came too!!

Old 02-05-2011 | 12:36 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
RJ, hope your mom is ok. I'm hoping you just got tired of cold weather and went to go check on her... not that she suddenly needed you.

<Waves at RG!>
Good to have you back here in Freebieland.

The horseback riding has been wonderful. I'm having a blast riding regularly and am learning a lot and remembering more. I may want to re-think the whole "ride 2+ hours then go to Pilates" thing... That really does seem to do me in. But I'm getting back in shape (hey now, round is a shape!).

OK, I'm going to take a nap... ttfn.

Old 02-06-2011 | 12:47 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
RJ, hope your mom is ok. I'm hoping you just got tired of cold weather and went to go check on her... not that she suddenly needed you.

<Waves at RG!>
Good to have you back here in Freebieland.

The horseback riding has been wonderful. I'm having a blast riding regularly and am learning a lot and remembering more. I may want to re-think the whole "ride 2+ hours then go to Pilates" thing... That really does seem to do me in. But I'm getting back in shape (hey now, round is a shape!).

OK, I'm going to take a nap... ttfn.
I wish too TNMM, but nope she needed me. I think she has exactly what I have Menierse Disease but she won't be able to see an ENT until Tuesday. I'm hoping not, but all of the symptoms are pointing that way or she simply has Vertigo, but it has lasted for Days now. Today was the 1st Day she was able to leave the house, we had Lunch out, and went to CostCo, may have been a bit much for her 1st outing, but she and I had a good time!!

Old 02-06-2011 | 08:16 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
RJ, my late mother suffered from dizzy spells in her later years. It was particularly bad during the winter months. Doctors said it had something to do with the fluid thickening in her semi-circular canals. That is the part of the inner ear that helps a person keep their balance.

Old 02-06-2011 | 09:10 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

RJ, I hope everything goes well with your mom.

Old 02-06-2011 | 09:50 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

RJ, I hope everything goes well with your mom.

+1, huggs to your mom from all of us.

Old 02-06-2011 | 10:03 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
What they said RJ. Hope your mom is doing better soon.

Old 02-06-2011 | 11:49 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
RJ - hope your mom recovers soon. I've had issues with vertigo in the past and it's not fun at all. Wouldn't wish that on my enemies!

Old 02-07-2011 | 08:00 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
And on a completely different subject, a candlestick just fell off the top shelf of my pantry and shattered and the door was shut... and nothing in the house had moved for about 20 minutes. I was sitting here, reading the board and the news and it just... fell.

I'm completely freaked out now.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...