Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009 | 06:16 PM
MtyMous
Banned
Geez... I just didn't wanna threadjack. Too late for that? haha
Name:  PIC_0030-1.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  97.1 KB
Name:  PIC_0029-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  100.7 KB
Name:  PIC_0028-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  84.6 KB
Name:  PIC_0027-1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  138.7 KB
Name:  PIC_0026-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  120.7 KB
Name:  PIC_0025-1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  111.9 KB
Name:  PIC_0024-1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  93.5 KB
Name:  DSC00197.jpg
Size:  134.1 KB
Name:  DSC00192.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  74.0 KB
Name:  DSC00191.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  78.3 KB
Name:  DSC00190.jpg
Size:  146.0 KB
Name:  canvas5.png
Views: 25
Size:  984.3 KB

Last edited by MtyMous; 01-04-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2009 | 06:17 PM
MtyMous
Banned
Originally Posted by skillet
Rub it in...Rub it in....
Hey... you're the one with the beautiful MINI in your sig.. I'm still jealous of that car. But I'm content with my purchase.

Old 01-04-2009 | 06:18 PM
Dex05S
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by lilruffcat
I have been lurking following this.. but what is the reason for the delay? in the pictures? in the car being taken? I feel so lost.. yet I have been trying to stay on the yellow brick road!

Welcome to LA (lurkers anonymous) ... by the way, am I correct that you will be at Helenblitz09? I seem to recall that from that thread. If so, looking forward to meeting you!

Old 01-04-2009 | 06:21 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Threadjack?? I thought this was one of those watercooler threads,,,,,
I think pictures of a classic mini is a refreshing concept for this thread...

9:20 pm. EST

Old 01-04-2009 | 06:25 PM
skillet
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MtyMous
Hey... you're the one with the beautiful MINI in your sig.. I'm still jealous of that car. But I'm content with my purchase.
You've got nothing to envy my friend Mine looks like a lot of others out there. You truly have a one of a kind I'd sell mine in a heartbeat to have an original. Actually, the wife has declared that as soon as I get this Mini, we'll be getting rid of the '03 and looking for another car. Oh well...

Old 01-04-2009 | 06:27 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
MtyMous I love her name,,,"Tink"

I understand your wanting to drive and drive. I was finding all kinds of excuses today. Funny thing, I debated driving to all of my different clients homes so I could enter them in my new Garmin,,, now that is a desperate act!!

Old 01-04-2009 | 06:32 PM
Dex05S
3rd Gear

So thaaaaaats what a classic mini looks like!? I had almost forgotten. Skillet and MtyMous, as a compliment to you both, I am jealous!One day...!

Last edited by Dex05S; 01-04-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-04-2009 | 06:34 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
At what point do we call a turd, a turd?

Oh well... who cares?!

MtyMous! Tink is GORGEOUS! I am so jealous of your new classic! What a beautiful, beautiful car! I expect to see LOTS of pics from you!

Old 01-04-2009 | 07:16 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Tink is beautiful!

Skillet what do you mean you will have to sell you current MINI if you get this one??? but... but...

Old 01-04-2009 | 08:23 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
When I looked first at the link to the pics, it said the photos were moved or deleted. Then I see a post where the pics are supposed to be and it says the same thing.

Old 01-04-2009 | 08:29 PM
Scooop
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
When I looked first at the link to the pics, it said the photos were moved or deleted. Then I see a post where the pics are supposed to be and it says the same thing.
what minicooperwill said.

Old 01-04-2009 | 09:24 PM
MtyMous
Banned
sorry guys/gals. It should be fixed now.

Old 01-04-2009 | 09:37 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
sorry guys/gals. It should be fixed now.
It is!

Wow, nice car.

Old 01-04-2009 | 09:45 PM
MtyMous
Banned
Thank you very much.

Old 01-04-2009 | 10:27 PM
MtyMous
Banned
More pics. I let my brother sit on the right side (driver's side) because he was very taken by the interior. haha.

Name:  DSC00198Large.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  110.4 KB
Name:  DSC00199Large.jpg
Size:  107.9 KB
Name:  DSC00200Large.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  108.9 KB
Name:  DSC00201Large.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  113.8 KB
Name:  DSC00202Large.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  96.3 KB
Name:  DSC00203Large.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  94.4 KB
Name:  DSC00204Large.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  122.8 KB
Name:  DSC00205Large.jpg
Size:  112.1 KB
Name:  DSC00206Large.jpg
Size:  89.2 KB
Name:  DSC00207Large.jpg
Size:  72.7 KB

Old 01-04-2009 | 10:59 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
I guess the photos of the "other" mini must be coming next weekend, assuming that conditions are perfect, and nothing else comes up in the meantime, et cetera.

At least we get to see a newly-acquired mini somewhere in this thread, huh?

Old 01-04-2009 | 11:12 PM
miniola
6th Gear
It's 2:07am or something... just quickly read through before I head off to bed. It's officially MONDAY morning now... no longer "the weekend". I guess it must have been this coming weekend? Skillet, you must be bummed... I guess you get to keep your current cool car for a bit longer. (Sorry, had to do it)

Big Norm- that car is a freakin' SCREAM! Confused about the "off topic" thing though... I think I asked before if we are supposed to announce that before posting... don't know if I ever got an answer. As someone mentioned, it's like the watercooler chat... I'm thinking it's also a combination of Cheers and Seinfeld... where the conversation isn't about anything in particular and everybody knows your name. Glad to see you came back to us!

MtyMous- which guy are you in the pics? I really hope to have a Classic one day. Actually we had seriously considered getting one this summer but we ended up getting the '08 PW MCSC. One day though... we will. We had purchased a couple of books to learn more, did lots of research but there's SO much info and opinion... especially about bringing them into the country and such. Basically we didn't want to get unknowingly taken to the cleaners buying a POS for way too much money. Glad everything worked out for you and you were able to get your loan and everything squared away. AND... I hope you keep those fuzzy dice!

Funny story cabwy about the Cooper disappearing in parking lots. One night I was going to a hockey game at the St Pete Times Forum and going through this huge parking garage... can't find a space anywhere. I get up to the top where there's only sky above and row after row of full spaces. Finally I see an empty one, woo hoo! race around the lane to get into it and just as I'm coming past this parked mammoth of an SUV I start to pull in and HS! The "empty spot" had a Chili Red Convertible in it... just like mine! How awful would that have been to plow into the same car that I had? So after discussing the "odds" of what had happened we learned a lesson... whenever I park in a space I don't pull all the way forward. I try to keep my boo-tay out and even with the bigger vehicles. It helps a little more in finding the car too.

Hope I didn't miss much. Dex05S- glad you're enjoying the beer! It's the good stuff... whatever your favorite may be! Do I need to bring by some of the hard stuff for the rest here?

I did make a cake today... took most all day and the fingers were definately too covered to type. Anyway, it was my first cake covered with fondant and I totally f'd it up. Thankfully (sometimes) my brain works in a different way and I came up with a plan to save it. Originally it was supposed to be a mug filled with hot chocolate and snowman made of marshmallows floating around and celebrating Christmas around a palm tree decorated with lights. (But it's past Christmas now.)

Well, since this was my first time covering a cake with fondant (I made bright red) and it wasn't rolling out right... I used my store bought white and f'd that up too.Then as a last resort I used the little bit of leftover white that I had made and as I was draping it over the cake it started to crack and I couldn't fix it. SO, plans changed and I ended up making a hot tub (made out of "ice blocks" handbuilt by the snow family) and filled with hot chocolate. And the story goes like this- BIG MOMMA marshmallow snowman (woman) just couldn't resist doing another cannonball into the hot tub. Although the previous damage (sidewall blowout) from before was repaired with candy cane sticks... she creates such a humungous chocolate splash that she blows out even more of the sidewall. The marshmallow kids in their red inflatable tubes are nearly blown out of the water and are trying to hold on for dear life. They are all covered in Ghirardhelli "hot" chocolate which is also oozing out everywhere. And what would you expect with a hot tub made of ice and BIG MOMMA causing such a displacement of water? I took a couple of pictures. I'm no cool tattoo artist and I can't fix cars yet... but if you're interested in looking (yes I'm nervous about doing this)... I will post them in my gallery.

Old 01-04-2009 | 11:46 PM
MtyMous
Banned
I'm the guy with the Texas Tech hoodie in the first set of pics. In the second pic set I am the guy wearing the greyishgreen jacket. I'm in the drivers seat in the 4th 5th and 6th pictures. The guy with the "70's style cop mustache" according to my girlfriend. haha

Old 01-04-2009 | 11:49 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
More pics. I let my brother sit on the right side (driver's side) because he was very taken by the interior. haha.
Very nice car. Congrats.

Should we start a pool as to the excuse for no picture this weekend? Any hurricanes in Florida this time of year?

Old 01-04-2009 | 11:56 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I'm the guy with the Texas Tech hoodie in the first set of pics. In the second pic set I am the guy wearing the greyishgreen jacket. I'm in the drivers seat in the 4th 5th and 6th pictures. The guy with the "70's style cop mustache" according to my girlfriend. haha
Yeah, I figured that out with the 2nd set of pics.

She calls it a "70's style "cop" mustache"? My guess is that she's not a big fan of it? Keep the fuzzy dice though... .

Hey CC- no hurricanes until at least May. I don't think I can do this 'til May.

Old 01-05-2009 | 05:02 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Miniola, love the cake!!! wow, looks great! Do you do this for business or pleasure?
early on didn't you say you made a mini cake? pictures?

Old 01-05-2009 | 06:15 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Tink is beautiful!

Skillet what do you mean you will have to sell you current MINI if you get this one??? but... but...
Well, I had bought a G35 coupe for my wife, and even with brand frickin' new all season tires, we had to park it last winter for all but a month... then when she became pregnant, we kept her car until she left work and then put it up for sale as she didn't want to have it through another winter and it was only 2 seats in the back and not really able to put a child seat in there like the MINI can... so, staying at home, she doesn't need another car, but if I get an original Mini, then she's wanting to sell the '03 and buy something more practical I'm looking at 335i's right now, but I have a feeling we'll go with something a little older and cheaper... If I had my way, we'd keep both Mini's.

Old 01-05-2009 | 06:18 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Miniola, love the cake. Nice granite countertops BTW

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:27 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I did make a cake today... took most all day and the fingers were definately too covered to type. Anyway, it was my first cake covered with fondant and I totally f'd it up. Thankfully (sometimes) my brain works in a different way and I came up with a plan to save it. Originally it was supposed to be a mug filled with hot chocolate and snowman made of marshmallows floating around and celebrating Christmas around a palm tree decorated with lights. (But it's past Christmas now.)

Well, since this was my first time covering a cake with fondant (I made bright red) and it wasn't rolling out right... I used my store bought white and f'd that up too.Then as a last resort I used the little bit of leftover white that I had made and as I was draping it over the cake it started to crack and I couldn't fix it. SO, plans changed and I ended up making a hot tub (made out of "ice blocks" handbuilt by the snow family) and filled with hot chocolate. And the story goes like this- BIG MOMMA marshmallow snowman (woman) just couldn't resist doing another cannonball into the hot tub. Although the previous damage (sidewall blowout) from before was repaired with candy cane sticks... she creates such a humungous chocolate splash that she blows out even more of the sidewall. The marshmallow kids in their red inflatable tubes are nearly blown out of the water and are trying to hold on for dear life. They are all covered in Ghirardhelli "hot" chocolate which is also oozing out everywhere. And what would you expect with a hot tub made of ice and BIG MOMMA causing such a displacement of water? I took a couple of pictures. I'm no cool tattoo artist and I can't fix cars yet... but if you're interested in looking (yes I'm nervous about doing this)... I will post them in my gallery.
Funny cake. At first I couldn't figure out why Big Momma had four arms then I remembered about the cannonball. Good job with the chocolate splashes.

I also thought I saw one of our beers on the counter, but realized it was way too dark for our taste.

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:47 AM
SpitfireMkI
6th Gear
I've got #100 coming down or has it already been taken ?.....ah, one of my favorites, an Adnams Bitter, and I swore I would never drink this early but...........

Last edited by SpitfireMkI; 01-05-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...