Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:02 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
I know this sounds dirty, but...

C'mon, we just want to take a quick peek!

Just one little look, we promise we won't touch!

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:06 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Gemgirl,,, Re: your stripes: Congratulations!! I think we chose a great dealership black with white trim will really look gooooood. FWIW they did a great job putting my bonnet stripes on Sloopy.
Otto's is the best!!! they worked me in on Saturday!! This saturday
Nugget and I are both excited!!!

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:30 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
I saw it!!!! I saw it!!!

No, no, not Martha, the classic mini, but the pic in that 3D thing. I had to do the "put the laptop up to the nose and slowly pull back" technique, and it worked. Yay!

Old 01-06-2009 | 09:04 AM
SpitfireMkI
6th Gear
The best cure for a hangover (easily obtained whilst following this thread) is to have another beer.....so with that, please hand me another.....what number do I check off ?

Old 01-06-2009 | 09:38 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
I saw it!!!! I saw it!!!

No, no, not Martha, the classic mini, but the pic in that 3D thing. I had to do the "put the laptop up to the nose and slowly pull back" technique, and it worked. Yay!
Cool, it still takes me a while to see them. My wife can look at them for about 1/2 second and tell you everything in the picture.

Old 01-06-2009 | 10:22 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Cool, it still takes me a while to see them. My wife can look at them for about 1/2 second and tell you everything in the picture.
Oh, be sure to thank her for the hippie pen, btw.

Old 01-06-2009 | 10:58 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Hey skillet! Did I miss them or did she not send you the pics!?

We must have pics!

All this suspense over this mini... I'm tellin' ya, it better be worth it!

Old 01-06-2009 | 12:11 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Since the courts will award damages for pain and suffering, is this mini still really "free"?

Old 01-06-2009 | 05:35 PM
OKMini
4th Gear
Since "minicooperwill" brought up the courts, what happens if this deal does not happen?

A legal definition of a contract is:

Contracts are the foundation on which business is conducted. Properly drafted contracts can help you avoid unnecessary and costly disputes. This article discusses some of the items that you should consider having in your contracts with vendors and customers.

What Is a Contract?

A contract exists when two or more parties agree to exchange either property (including money) or promises of future performance. Contracts can be verbal or in writing. Contracts can be part of an invoice or a purchase order, or they can be drafted as separate documents.

Verbal contracts are risky because the parties’ memories or understanding of the deal may differ. Also, if a contract is verbal, it may be unenforceable due to a law known as the Statute of Frauds. This statute provides that verbal contracts which cannot be performed within a specified time (such as one year) or which involve more than a specified amount of money (such as $500) are not enforceable. An exception to the statute may arise if one or more parties have partially performed their responsibilities under the contract. However, even if the exception applies, proving that your understanding of a verbal contract is the correct version may be difficult.

So is this contract for a "free" mini verbal or written? We all saw it on-line so I guess it is written. If it considered verbal it is certainly under the $500 threshold in the Statute of Frauds - perhaps we will still be talking about this in 1 year and the contract will not have been performed within the one year timeframe!

Its getting hard to believe that we can't get a picture and Skillet can't get a commitment to come get the car?????

Skillet - what's happen'n? At this rate if your drive it home, you won't have to worry about snow - only Spring rains

Back to waiting...

Old 01-06-2009 | 05:44 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
seems like this would qualify for a verbal agreement?? But what do I know???

All I know is that if this is a hoax, well, I promised myself that I would stay upbeat and positive on this thread and I am not ready to change that outlook just yet.

The Buckeyes lost last night but it did my heart good to hear "Hang On Sloopy" a few times....

Oh, maybe I mentioned this earlier and if I did I apologize for a rerun but seriously, does MINI put some sort of elixir in the ventilation systems of these precious cars? I swear I start driving and I get happier and happier!!!

Old 01-06-2009 | 06:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Oh, maybe I mentioned this earlier and if I did I apologize for a rerun but seriously, does MINI put some sort of elixir in the ventilation systems of these precious cars? I swear I start driving and I get happier and happier!!!
It's not just you, Cabwy, it has been 6 months and i still run out for light bulbs even if there are some in the closet!
I still feel like running to the store for ice cream!
and OMG if someone along the way should ask one simple question about Nugget, let me tell you they go running, screaming after about 17 minutes!!!!

It is the best fun, and sure you will agree, worth the wait!

Old 01-06-2009 | 06:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I'm staying upbeat for Skillet also, but let me say the tree will have to come down this weekend.

skillet hasn't been on for a while.... maybe... do i dare say it.... is he....

Old 01-06-2009 | 06:14 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gemgirl, so Nugget is going to Otto's spa on Saturday??
Be sure and post pictures ((of course!!))

Old 01-06-2009 | 06:20 PM
Dex05S
3rd Gear
I am a very patient person... ok, most of the time, but this is pushing my limits and it's not even my mini! Like some have already said, I sure do hope and pray this works out for Skillet. I'm still pullin' for ya buddy!!

On a different note, refering to the stereograms versus mindset, I am definitely of the analytical mind. Don't really know what that means though?!

Old 01-06-2009 | 07:20 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
So, what's going to happen first?
1) This thread dies away because Skillet gets his mini
or
2) This thread reaches 2009 posts

Old 01-06-2009 | 07:26 PM
Dex05S
3rd Gear
I'm going with my gut on this one. Option #1

Old 01-06-2009 | 07:28 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
I know this thread has been compared to Soap Operas:
"As The Mini Turns":

Like the badge through the hourglass, so are "The Days of Our Mini":

Old 01-06-2009 | 07:33 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
So, what's going to happen first?
1) This thread dies away because Skillet gets his mini
or
2) This thread reaches 2009 posts
I want #1 to happen, but I think it'll be #2.

Has anyone offered up a prize for post #2009? I've given 3 toys away and I bet I won't get #2009.

Old 01-06-2009 | 07:45 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
CC I am loving your mini soap opera badges!!! Good job?

As for the prize for the 2009th post, if I recall correctly Scooop offered up a prize,,, but it was never determined what the prize would be???
Forgive me but I don't have the energy tonight to scan back through the pages to see if I am right....

Hey, skillet, I am getting worried, you okay over there in funeral home land??

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:00 PM
Dex05S
3rd Gear
HDHIY(He Doesn't Have It Yet)

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:33 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I'm sorry to see HDHIY?? (Even a Pic.) But I'm keeping the FAITH!!

Skillet "Here's to Ya' Man!!" Pass me a BEER!!

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:36 PM
cr_03_mcs
2nd Gear
Is it me or is it weird that Apple hasn't been on since the 15th of December?
Skillet I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I want you to get the mini
Doug

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:44 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by OKMini
Since "minicooperwill" brought up the courts, what happens if this deal does not happen?

A legal definition of a contract is:

Contracts are the foundation on which business is conducted. Properly drafted contracts can help you avoid unnecessary and costly disputes. This article discusses some of the items that you should consider having in your contracts with vendors and customers.

What Is a Contract?

A contract exists when two or more parties agree to exchange either property (including money) or promises of future performance. Contracts can be verbal or in writing. Contracts can be part of an invoice or a purchase order, or they can be drafted as separate documents.

Verbal contracts are risky because the parties’ memories or understanding of the deal may differ. Also, if a contract is verbal, it may be unenforceable due to a law known as the Statute of Frauds. This statute provides that verbal contracts which cannot be performed within a specified time (such as one year) or which involve more than a specified amount of money (such as $500) are not enforceable. An exception to the statute may arise if one or more parties have partially performed their responsibilities under the contract. However, even if the exception applies, proving that your understanding of a verbal contract is the correct version may be difficult.

So is this contract for a "free" mini verbal or written? We all saw it on-line so I guess it is written. If it considered verbal it is certainly under the $500 threshold in the Statute of Frauds - perhaps we will still be talking about this in 1 year and the contract will not have been performed within the one year timeframe!

Its getting hard to believe that we can't get a picture and Skillet can't get a commitment to come get the car?????

Skillet - what's happen'n? At this rate if your drive it home, you won't have to worry about snow - only Spring rains

Back to waiting...
Didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express or anything (I know... probably used a zillion times by now ) but I would think this is both verbal AND written except that there is nothing signed. Although not signed, it seems pretty clear to most here that this particular "Classic Mini" was "offered" and gladly "accepted". But was this a "serious offer" or was Apple "joking"? I certainly thought she was serious. Anyone else? Now as for "consideration" (usually money, goods or services) I did/do wonder about giving something away for "free" and if that creates a problem. Maybe Skillet could bring some corn from the cornfields? Personally I was thinking that Skillet should get his $29 tickets and at least come and see the car in person. I don't know how he can stand it! Just look at how we are and we're not getting anything! Martha is gone, so there'd be no reason that he couldn't drive it home (unless of course the keys are in Vancouver???). If that happened to be the case... anyone know how to hot wire a Classic? Must be something on YouTube (don't post it)... I know I've seen videos of people picking locks so... maybe there'll be a mad search on there later.

CC- Look at you with all that soapy tech stuff! Cool. I have the old hourglass song in my head now!

cabwy & gemgirlpa- I totally agree about the special something. I've had a Cooper since Jan '05 and still smile every time. Today I was feeling dumpy so this evening I dropped the top and took a spin to the airport. (It was 73.) I have a special place where I sit and when the planes land a certain way (which they were tonight) they come in low right over the top of my head. It's SO fun. I always wave to the pilots too as they're coming toward us. (My guess is they're probably thinking "OMG is that a MINI? It's SO cute! I want to get one someday!". )I just need to get a schedule of arrivals and stuff. There's always that risk of a tire or landing gear falling off or one of those frozen toilet water ice ***** taking us out (or the plane comes in too low too fast could be a problem )... but what can I say... I'm dangerous... I'm a cake makin' bad ***.

Dex05S- I would consider myself to be more artistic... I forgot, could you see them?

Where is Skillet??

*BTW- I had sent Apple a "pm" a few days ago to ask her about a link she had posted for speedtraps. The link didn't work anymore. I haven't heard anything from her... so I guess she's busy or I'm on her naughty list now.

Last edited by miniola; 01-06-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2009 | 08:46 PM
2phun
4th Gear
I think Gramma Friend found out that Apple was offering the car up and did a Jeffrey Dahmer on Apple.

Old 01-06-2009 | 09:40 PM
pilotart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cr_03_mcs
Is it me or is it weird that Apple hasn't been on since the 15th of December?
Skillet I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I want you to get the mini
Doug
Apple's first screen name here was cybergypsy; if you Google cybergypsy you will find
that Sandy is very active on this BMW Forum

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...