Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009 | 08:09 PM
donaldb
Neutral
I think that sounds like a hell of an idea. sickem
take a can of whup a$$ up there

Old 01-07-2009 | 08:11 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
minicooperwill can you give us a photo of you with your free classic mini and camper????
I'll take a picture of it soon. Things are kinda busy right now.

Old 01-07-2009 | 08:18 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
By the way, what IS a "standing ovation?" I mean, is it something besides everybody standing up and clapping for me, or did I miss something?
You didn't miss anything, its the standing and clapping. When I was in 2nd grade, for some reason I can't remember, I was helping one of the lunch ladies do something. She had a big stack of trays or something she wanted moved and told me if I could move them all at once, she'd give me a standing ovation. I didn't know what one was at that age and was really disappointed when she gave it to me. But still, to this day (obviously) I'll give it to someone when they feel they deserve something.

Old 01-07-2009 | 08:31 PM
Dex05S
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
OK... so I can't see a "stereogram" but this is crazy... like 6 degrees of separation but worse. Here goes:

Link above shows "macrumors"... My brain instantly thinks "Fleetwood Mac- Rumours"... CC had previously posted "Fleetwood Mac" video and Stevie Nicks was discussed. The Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" album was supposed to have the song "Silver Springs" (town where Apple lives). Then came "Gypsy" on the "Mirage" album. Martha Mini Mirage? Is this one giant riddle that we're supposed to figure out?

Miniola - I can see the stereograms.

Skillet... I'm not really sure what to say. Maybe that I'm still pulling for you inspite of what has transpired lately. Also, I will volunteer to drive the 10+ hours to Fla. myself to a) get a picture or b) put my foot in a liar's ..donkey. Yea, I know it may not help you out any but it would make me feel alot better!! I know of many "good" people who have given away valuable items, mostly because they knew that someone needed it or the help or just to be nice.

Dexter

Old 01-07-2009 | 09:09 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Martha Mini Mirage???

OK... so I can't see a "stereogram" but this is crazy... like 6 degrees of separation but worse. Here goes:

Link above shows "macrumors"... My brain instantly thinks "Fleetwood Mac- Rumours"... CC had previously posted "Fleetwood Mac" video and Stevie Nicks was discussed. The Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" album was supposed to have the song "Silver Springs" (town where Apple lives). Then came "Gypsy" on the "Mirage" album. Martha Mini Mirage? Is this one giant riddle that we're supposed to figure out?
Ooh ooh, the the Fleetwood Mac thing continues. The Blue Horizon Story 1965-1970 Vol. 1 a Fleetwood Mac compliation album features the song "I'm Gonna Leave You" sung by or written by Martha Velez .... the Martha connection? Also the album has songs entitled "Christmas Time", "Mean Old World", "Warning", "She Drives Me Out of My Mind", "Black Magic Woman", "Someday Your Gonna Learn", and "Blues Feeling". But then again it also has ""Solid Gold", and "Everything Gonna Be Alright". And then of course we have " Empty Arms", "Prison Bound Blues", "Albatross", and the ever popular "Layin In My Cell Sleepin'. Something to ponder.....

Old 01-08-2009 | 08:22 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 2phun
I'm willing to pick you up at the airport and drive you up to see Apple firsthand.
You have a PM

Old 01-08-2009 | 08:31 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Miniola wow...your Fleetwood Mac Conspiracy awesome I'm still in contact with Sandy. Her reason for the phone being disconnected is she's switching services... I'm in contact now with 2phun to see what we can get accomplished

Old 01-08-2009 | 08:46 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by skillet
Miniola wow...your Fleetwood Mac Conspiracy awesome I'm still in contact with Sandy. Her reason for the phone being disconnected is she's switching services... I'm in contact now with 2phun to see what we can get accomplished
That'd be cool. But what about her not having any time, but she has time to take pictures (1/5/09) of the camaro at the car show she is buying for her son or pictures (12/23/08) of the key scratch on the hood on her car.

Old 01-08-2009 | 09:50 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
Any way of finding out which trailer park she lives in? We could arrange a day trip from the dragon to say 'hi'.

Old 01-08-2009 | 10:31 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Does Miniola have any trolls to give away??? I want one of those!!! I would treat my little pink troll so well, I would even give her clothing.......
I do not have any other trolls. I had two bigger ones with pink hair that I sent to my little nieces and a light blue one and white one that I had given to two of my friends.

Now as for "treating her well"... putting clothing on her would be just plain disrespectful. (It would be like having a MINI/Mini and not driving it. )She is a free spirit and loves being in the buff... big hair blowing in the wind... and since she has no "parts" other than her belly button... she offends no one. Well, I'm sure SOMEONE must be offended somewhere but... oh well. The only other thing that would be acceptable for clothing IMHO would be a Marilyn Monroe style halter dress (white of course) and then there would finally be a reason for that useless top of the dash vent.

Old 01-08-2009 | 10:36 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
Ooh ooh, the the Fleetwood Mac thing continues. The Blue Horizon Story 1965-1970 Vol. 1 a Fleetwood Mac compliation album features the song "I'm Gonna Leave You" sung by or written by Martha Velez .... the Martha connection? Also the album has songs entitled "Christmas Time", "Mean Old World", "Warning", "She Drives Me Out of My Mind", "Black Magic Woman", "Someday Your Gonna Learn", and "Blues Feeling". But then again it also has ""Solid Gold", and "Everything Gonna Be Alright". And then of course we have " Empty Arms", "Prison Bound Blues", "Albatross", and the ever popular "Layin In My Cell Sleepin'. Something to ponder.....
Kikimowse- It's like no matter how crazy I seem... you always have the ability to "one up" me. I love you!

Old 01-08-2009 | 10:42 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by veggivet
Any way of finding out which trailer park she lives in? We could arrange a day trip from the dragon to say 'hi'.
It's in the YouTube video.

I always thought it would be cool to plan some kind of a "send off" meet for Skillet... of course that was SO many posts ago. It's really nice out though... so I'm all for some top down motoring!

In my mind I picture a large group of MINI/Minis rolling into a trailer park in Silver Springs. Would probably attract a bit of attention.

Old 01-08-2009 | 11:01 AM
Scooop
2nd Gear
Skillet: PM me if you want that gift

Old 01-08-2009 | 11:40 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
You didn't miss anything, its the standing and clapping. When I was in 2nd grade, for some reason I can't remember, I was helping one of the lunch ladies do something. She had a big stack of trays or something she wanted moved and told me if I could move them all at once, she'd give me a standing ovation. I didn't know what one was at that age and was really disappointed when she gave it to me. But still, to this day (obviously) I'll give it to someone when they feel they deserve something.
*WHEW* thought i was showing my ignorance again. Although isn't there a Hershey's candy called Ovation? I'm going to give my recently-acquired standing ovation to Skillet, though, I think. His preserverence and good humor keep us nice people. Mostly.

Old 01-08-2009 | 11:58 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Well, I wish I could stil say "yes, look at the youtube video and you'll be able to figure out where she lives" but it has since been made private (after CC found it, a nd made it known ). Thanks CC. I do know where she lives and the mobile home park. I'll only disclose the location if the Mini never happens

JK of course or am I?

As Mr. Burns would say "Release the hounds"

Old 01-08-2009 | 12:14 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Interesting.

Old 01-08-2009 | 12:20 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Interesting.
Please tell me you're not surprised.....

Old 01-08-2009 | 12:45 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
I haven't posted in this thread, but I've been watching it since the beginning.

Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
You would also think if she was in her driveway with a camera taking a picture of her BMW, she could take a picture of the Mini at the same time.

I wonder if she's just talking about her son or if she's also referring the Classic Mini here.

Old 01-08-2009 | 01:38 PM
skillet
6th Gear
That was in reference to her BMW I believe.

Hey Miniola, I'm on the phone with you now. Talking about Leo the Coon Cat.

I'll edit the post to not say we've not talked on the phone...

Old 01-08-2009 | 01:40 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Commercial Break.....
wish me luck on my 2nd interview tomorrow, friday morning!!!
Cabwy and Miniola, who has the smiley candles???? I need some pleasssse...

back to your regular scheduled program!

Old 01-08-2009 | 02:02 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Commercial Break.....

Here you go! Just right click- copy and paste! Bada bing bada boom!

Old 01-08-2009 | 02:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

thanks!!!

Old 01-08-2009 | 02:53 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Commercial Break.....

Good luck Gemgirl!! Did I tell you that my poor husband has been laid off for a year now?? Well, not entirley laid off, he is teaching graduate courses for some of the universities around here and doing some finance/valuation work for another company as an independent contractor but he needs a "full time, with benefits" job. So we know how hard it is out there!!
Sending some powerful energy your way all tomorrow morning!!

Hey does anyone have their tree up still? Mine is down,,, sorry skillet.
BTw,, kudos to CC,,, CC you rock!! I hope to heck that I never tick you off and you try to hunt me down,,,,

Old 01-08-2009 | 02:59 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
It's in the YouTube video.

I always thought it would be cool to plan some kind of a "send off" meet for Skillet... of course that was SO many posts ago. It's really nice out though... so I'm all for some top down motoring!

In my mind I picture a large group of MINI/Minis rolling into a trailer park in Silver Springs. Would probably attract a bit of attention.

Miniola,,,, plan it and we will come......

Old 01-08-2009 | 03:00 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Commercial Break.....

Oh geez!! I'm sorry... I just saw "candle smiley" and I guess my mind went blank... "must get candle smiley" mission.

Good luck on your interview tomorrow!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...