Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008 | 03:09 PM
skillet
6th Gear
Kind of explains it all doesn't it?

For some reason, I just like taking shots in the cemetery. The one we take care of is the oldest in our town, and there are a lot of neat and interesting things to be found. There is a headstone that is all cast out of steel. From 10 ft. away you'd never be able to tell it, until you walk up, tap it with your knuckles, and hear a "TONG"

Old 12-02-2008 | 03:18 PM
LtRex
4th Gear
Where I work, a construction crew dug up three unmarked old graves. All three caskets were the old lead caskets with a window at the head. One of these caskets broke open by the equipment that was digging and the young man inside was dressed in his civil war uniform. That tells you how old that was!

The city arranged to have these three apparent family members buried in a nearby cemetery. Just like this thread concerning the free mini will be!

Just playing with ya!

Old 12-02-2008 | 03:35 PM
skillet
6th Gear
LOL. We've had a couple of glass top'd caskets found up here, too. These were found in an OLD cemetery (which had been moved for a reservoir). Every year, they find bones, caskets, trinkets, etc...

Old 12-02-2008 | 05:55 PM
2phun
4th Gear
Grandma hasn't shown up because I met her in the driveway, sweet-talked her, took her out for some beers, and now the Mini's MINE!

Old 12-02-2008 | 06:00 PM
LtRex
4th Gear

2phun, that was great!

Old 12-02-2008 | 06:06 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
Old 12-02-2008 | 06:09 PM
skillet
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 2phun
Grandma hasn't shown up because I met her in the driveway, sweet-talked her, took her out for some beers, and now the Mini's MINE!
You forget what occupation I'm in

Old 12-02-2008 | 06:11 PM
LtRex
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Alpha Motoring
Wow, I'd love to have a classic one day!

FOR FREE!!!

Old 12-02-2008 | 07:01 PM
2phun
4th Gear
Originally Posted by skillet
You forget what occupation I'm in

Old 12-02-2008 | 07:40 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LtRex
My friend, I have been working in law enforcement for the last 2+ decades. Prior to that, I spent 6 years studying terrorist training and movement in Europe before anyone knew their potential. I have a great deal of "street smarts."

I will say this, if "Apple" (whom I am told is a woman, not a man) gives you this valuable mini, I recommend that you run out and buy every lottery ticket you can get your hands on! Knowing that this person is a woman, I am FURTHER amazed that "she" has already given something away, that her "grandma" like friend is in the process of bringing "her." Come on........

If I am proven wrong, I will be the first to tell you congratulations. My fingers are crossed for you.

But "Apple" has said nothing about being from a Royal Nigerian family or anything. Does anyone know her? Big Norm?
I just love these popcorn guys! Have some!

Old 12-02-2008 | 07:52 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
nope, this was the first time i ever seen apple post in classic mini section.

when im not eating

im

which will lead me to

Old 12-02-2008 | 11:28 PM
MtyMous
Banned
I wish someone would give me a mini for free. Heck.. I will do anything for a classic. I'm serious... anything..........

lol. J/k. But I wish I could get a loan or some money to buy a decent classic. Time and patience I guess.

Good luck with the mini though. and Congrats on the good catch.

Old 12-03-2008 | 04:39 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
Hagerty.com offers pretty decent classic car loans......

Old 12-03-2008 | 05:47 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
when im not eating

im

which will lead me to

That's funny

Old 12-03-2008 | 05:58 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Just talked to Sandy Her friend has not made it down to her house yet, still having some issues closing it, and she plans on seeing her today or tomorrow WooHoo! Norm you have a dancing smilie?

Old 12-03-2008 | 06:21 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
no but here are some celebratory ones

Old 12-03-2008 | 06:32 AM
skillet
6th Gear

BTW: Sandy was really nice to talk to. We had a short but good conversation. I look forward to finally meeting her in person.

Old 12-03-2008 | 09:28 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Not to throw cold water on the thread or anything, but even if she just had no interest in the car why do you suppose the OP didn't just put an ad online somewhere and sell it, then give the cash to Granny?

I really hope this whole thing works out for Skillet, but I have to say, something smells here.........and I don't think it's a lil ol Mini..........

Old 12-03-2008 | 09:38 AM
skillet
6th Gear
LOL, well, I don't know...it is Christmas time

Old 12-03-2008 | 09:38 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by skillet

BTW: Sandy was really nice to talk to. We had a short but good conversation. I look forward to finally meeting her in person.
WAIT! I thought you were supposed to wait until "she" was gone? Now you are talking to her? I guess I've gotten confused somewhere along the way because I thought I remembered that "Apple" didn't have the heart to tell "like Grandma" that she didn't want her car? I thought it was kind of a secret.

Old 12-03-2008 | 09:57 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Question:

For Big Norm or anyone else- Does anyone know if a car can be given away for "free" legally? Doesn't a person need to pay at least ONE DOLLAR to make a transaction legal and get a bill of sale in order to be able to register it? Skillet, I think you might have to cough up a buck! (No longer "free"... see it's starting to all add up now!)

Also, I bought a couple of "Classic" books to learn more (back in August when we were thinking that's the route we wanted to go)... however, I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express. SO MUCH STUFF TO LEARN! I do not know enough to venture into it... but I was reading about re-vinning, re-shelling and some other things that go on with these cars. Apparently there are lots of places to look for identification to see if the cars have been pieced together. Although, I guess if it's free it doesn't matter... only when you're buying one would it be a big problem. Honestly, you can't even cry about anything if you just got it for free.

Old 12-03-2008 | 10:04 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIdave
Not to throw cold water on the thread or anything, but even if she just had no interest in the car why do you suppose the OP didn't just put an ad online somewhere and sell it, then give the cash to Granny?

I really hope this whole thing works out for Skillet, but I have to say, something smells here.........and I don't think it's a lil ol Mini..........
I think your water is quite warm compared to Lt. Rex from before!

I wondered the same thing... especially about the "smell". But, apparently Skillet is quite accustomed to umm... the "passing on" of people so I think he's good with that! (I've also had the movie "Christine" in my mind.)

And BTW Skillet- still love ya, still jealous and still hoping that it all works out for you!

Now can someone tell me how to get the cool smilies??? Please?

Old 12-03-2008 | 10:08 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
skillet, congratulations. I REALLY do hope this is real and you get the car. I hope to get a classic someday to park between our 2 MINIs.

But to quote MINIdave "Not to throw cold water on the thread or anything" remember when "Apple" was "Cybergypsy"? She has said in other 2nd gen threads that she's able to change colors on factory NAV systems, but hasn't posted a pic. Not to mention her turnover rate on cars. I just hope it's legit and she's not just .

Old 12-03-2008 | 10:08 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
WAIT! I thought you were supposed to wait until "she" was gone? Now you are talking to her? I guess I've gotten confused somewhere along the way because I thought I remembered that "Apple" didn't have the heart to tell "like Grandma" that she didn't want her car? I thought it was kind of a secret.
Sandy is Apple Sorry about that. I'm not sure what her friend's name is...Friend (grandma) has not arrived yet. Per our phone conversation this morning, she does not want to disclose that she'll be letting the car go/has no need for a classic. So, if her friend asks her for pictures, she'll be contacting me to send her (Apple) some pictures of the car and then she'll pass them onto her friend... Does that get you back on track? It is a little confusing... I can write up a whole script up to this point if you'd like

Old 12-03-2008 | 10:12 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
IAnd BTW Skillet- still love ya, still jealous and still hoping that it all works out for you!

Now can someone tell me how to get the cool smilies??? Please?
Thanks. It's made this past week better having you guys hang out with me in this thread...keeping me company I've learned a lot (whether this goes through or not) about Classics, and this is actually a first that I've spent so much time in the Classic portion of NAM lurking around...I've always wondered about the other 1/2 of the Mini/MINI world

I just did a search for Smiley Emoticon and started looking around...

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...