Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
I think you need an intervention. Okay everyone,,, sit still, picture Gemgirl receiving a phone call telling her that she got the job,,,,, focusssss,,,,,,focccusssss,,,,,,
Ok everyone do what she says... PLEASE, PLEASE EVERYONE GET TOGETHER AND SEND GOOD VIBES MY WAY FOR THIS JOB...I have been sitting by the dam phone for 2 days now...
I'm begging you .....

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:06 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Ok everyone do what she says... PLEASE, PLEASE EVERYONE GET TOGETHER AND SEND GOOD VIBES MY WAY FOR THIS JOB...I have been sitting by the dam phone for 2 days now...
I'm begging you .....
My toes are crossed.

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Big Norm, I really like that Nova too!

no chocolate cake recipe sorry, i don't make them i just eat them! (with ice cream!)

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:24 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I can't help with the cake recipe either,,,sorry. But I can help you eat one!!!

My laptop is goofy too! My letter C is cutting out,, I have to stop typing fast and hit that key HARD to make it work,,,,,,,,

skillet, you have clammed up--- don't you have some details to tell us?? Do I have to PM you again???
Quit stuffing your face with pizza and get to typing!!

Ashley 3D I loved your side order quip,,,after I figured it out!!

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:29 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
on an side note- last night while at the dealer, my MA told me the new convertible build for the 09 is on the miniusa website... we were playing...

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:30 PM
MtyMous
Banned
mmmmm... pizza.....

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:30 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Since I don't have kids, I have two bedrooms that can be used. I think the spa could fit about 12 people although not sure I'd like to sit in a 12 person stew.

It's supposed to get cold here later.

Does anyone have a good chocolate cake recipe? I only know a good white cake.
12 people huh? Swimsuit required?

We're getting Santa Anna winds, so its been nice and toasty warm here (70s, 80s).

Only cake recipes I know of come out of a box.

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:31 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Just 300-ish until 2009!!!

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:35 PM
skillet
6th Gear
lol, I'm trying to catch up on all the reading No new news...She still hasn't even responded to the post over on 8thcivic...

What do you guys think about me hyperlinking this over there, and bringing some light into their world abour Sandy?

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:36 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
For chocolate cake... it's betty crocker super moist dark chocolate.

The trick with this cake is actually the icing. The icing helps seal in the moisture so that you end up with a moist, fluffy cake that has a smooth texture. I find it best to actually do cupcakes with this mix, but you can also do it in layers. Don't buy the canned stuff, make your own. Alton Brown's ganache is my favorite.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:41 PM
MtyMous
Banned
Skillet.... I think it's a GREAT idea. lol Just link us to that area too. I might sign up for a new forum. :D

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:48 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
I'm thinking hyperlink this thread to ALL the forums she frequents, but figure that's probably a little too much. (Be sure to warn them that there's a lot of off-topic conversation in the thread. )

Now, can I have some pizza and ice cream, please?

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:50 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
The bad Carol says,,, "go for it!!"

The good Carol says,,"hhhm what do you hope to gain from that?"

But as the two my my parts discuss this we have decided that it might be good to show her true colors and make her a little uncomfortable.... and if it upsets the mods on the civic forum,,well, you aren't planning on beoming a member over there are you????

But do it really soon or your surprise element will be gone, I am positive that she is here often reading this post..
I am so full,,,, I need to lie down for a bit........ maybe I should have waited before eating the ie cream,,,,,,

Old 01-13-2009 | 02:51 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill

We're getting Santa Anna winds, so its been nice and toasty warm here (70s, 80s).

Can only go from bad to worse if I answer that... ... not gonna do it.

But if your feet look like the Chupacabra it's definitely a no go.

Thanks for the cake tips RG.

Big Norm- do you ever see any Riley Elf cars around?

Old 01-13-2009 | 03:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill

funny at our hot tub area we have a sign that says, " bathing suits optional beyond this point"... we saw that sign somewhere and couldn't resist!

ok since hubby is on his way and there is no pizza left, i must go to start dinner...

Cabwy are you looking at the weather report on channel 6? yuck!

Skillet, this is technically your thread, we are just your guests, you can do what you feel is right, but i don't hear a fat lady singing yet, (but then again i'm hearing humming.) Don't want to get anyone angry...

Old 01-13-2009 | 03:41 PM
mini on
4th Gear
Originally Posted by skillet
lol, I'm trying to catch up on all the reading No new news...She still hasn't even responded to the post over on 8thcivic...

What do you guys think about me hyperlinking this over there, and bringing some light into their world abour Sandy?
If she's giving away her BMW I want first dibs. Funny how nobody would want her house though. Furthermore she'd be better off just renting her cars.

Old 01-13-2009 | 04:24 PM
mach schnell
4th Gear
wow - i remember seeing this thread start and then seeing that skillet was the first to respond. then i forgot about the thread. however today i went to look it up to see pictures of this freebee - was actually gonna show the thread to a colleague who is more interested in classic mini's. but, it became increasingly (painfully) obvious that there was no free classic mini (and i realized that by the time i got to page 3 of this horrendous train wreck).

no one in the r53 forums was gullible enough, but looks like i have a good group here - can everyone send me $1.00 and have your friends send me $1.00 and their friends, etc. i've got an awesome technique that works guaranteed to make you a lot of easy $$$ really fast. The $1.00 covers s/h...

with the $$$ you could make using this technique you could buy a classic mini (or as many pictures of a classic mini as you'd like).

Old 01-13-2009 | 04:56 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
miniola: i dont see many elfs around.......every once in a great while i see someone who owns one, but they seem to be very seldumly for sale

Old 01-13-2009 | 05:01 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mach schnell
wow - i remember seeing this thread start and then seeing that skillet was the first to respond. then i forgot about the thread. however today i went to look it up to see pictures of this freebee - was actually gonna show the thread to a colleague who is more interested in classic mini's. but, it became increasingly (painfully) obvious that there was no free classic mini (and i realized that by the time i got to page 3 of this horrendous train wreck).

no one in the r53 forums was gullible enough, but looks like i have a good group here - can everyone send me $1.00 and have your friends send me $1.00 and their friends, etc. i've got an awesome technique that works guaranteed to make you a lot of easy $$$ really fast. The $1.00 covers s/h...

with the $$$ you could make using this technique you could buy a classic mini (or as many pictures of a classic mini as you'd like).
Whatever - you obviously don't "get" us.

Old 01-13-2009 | 05:03 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I'd love to get one someday. I think their marketing ploy as the "Rolls Royce" of the Mini was pretty funny. I also liked that they had the special compartment for the lady's cosmetics. I don't know why but that car really makes me laugh.

So the Dodge Dart- that's a pretty cool car! We had one that was a bit newer when we were kids but it certainly wasn't as nice looking as this one. It was a total rust bucket and the floor panels were rusted out. No heat... and in Maine winters it was cold. I can remember my mom took Christmas wrapping paper tubes to try to connect to the front heater under the dash and try to blow warm air back to us. My brother and I would sit on the floor behind the front seats trying to keep warm. Oh, the good ol' days.

Old 01-13-2009 | 05:09 PM
mach schnell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
no i think i do and i'd love to "get" a hold of your $$$$

Old 01-13-2009 | 05:12 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Love those big eyes!

BTW- I meant to tell you that I really liked the trimwork in your house on the staircase (way back when)... I bet you have a really cool older house.

Old 01-13-2009 | 05:26 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mini on
bad apple bad
Originally Posted by elprofe
elprofe,
Such powerful words you have without even saying anything. Would that be a Granny Smith apple or just an old wrinkled apple that has lived too long in a trailer?
My computer seems like it's acting weird too. Maybe we have a virus?
No its not a virus, you have just been appled. You will be promised many free things but receive nothing, sorry.

Old 01-13-2009 | 05:33 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
BTW- I meant to tell you that I really liked the trimwork in your house on the staircase (way back when)... I bet you have a really cool older house.
Thanks! I do have an awesome old house, ifIdosaysomyself!! Renovations (i.e. wall-tearing-down) is good for frustration work outs.

Old 01-13-2009 | 05:34 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Thanks for the cake tips RG.
Welcome!

Also, the cupcake episode of Good Eats is on right now!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...