Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009 | 04:07 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Goooood morning!! Well, I guess I haven't missed TOO much! I just couldn't stay awake last night or I would have traded posts with you, mini on!!

Can you all believe it? We are sooo close to the 2009th post..... this thread rocks!!!!

CC, honey,, I miss you, keep your head up!!!

skillet, did you EVER reply to Scoop about his prizes??? Hey Will,,, YOU won the 1001 post, don't you dare move in and take the 2009th one too.... jk, ok?

oh, BTW,,, breakfast here is pretty boring,, dry whole wheat toast,, half a grapefruit and yogurt,,,now don't you all come racing over for this delicious meal!! And it is da**ed cold here this morning,,,,,,, ( I picked the blue smiley for a reason,,,)

Old 01-16-2009 | 04:47 AM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
The you tube video I posted, is not the only thing I have posted, back near the beginning, and I think in the middle too. I've been lurking.. reading every morning... and then.. yesterday an epiphany... it was the cowbell , it brought me out.. just like I love to share the love of a mini.. there is something about a cowbell.. that needs to be shared with the world!!!
If you vote for me, for the next president... I promise, everyone in the us.. will have their own mini cooper and a cowbell!

Old 01-16-2009 | 06:29 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wbarnhill
http://www.starmagazine.com/news/10972

The only thing I've seen to corroborate the story...
H*O*L*Y C*R*A*P!!!!!! does it surprise me that she's the prime interviewee of the story? Um...Nope.

Old 01-16-2009 | 06:34 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by xnotfunkylex
Holy Crap. I just quickly blased through every page here and it took me at least 30 minutes. What a crappy thing to happen. I can't believe she just stopped talking to skillet. I'm sure something good will happen for him soon.
You made it through this entire thread in 30 minutes!!!
dam your good!!!
have a beer and stay a while!

Old 01-16-2009 | 06:35 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Minicooperwill- wow your pups are great!! look at those faces, they could pretty much get as many treats as they wanted from me with that look!!

Old 01-16-2009 | 06:42 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
cabwy, you siad it perfectly, d**m cold here today!
good morning all and yes my breakfast was just as boring, bowl of raisin bran crunch, lots of coffee...

tree was out in the trash last night and the needles were cleaned up too, sorry Skillet, Thistle was starting to get needles stuck to her fur!
But the good vibes are still there for you and maybe Apple will do the right thing once in her life!

Old 01-16-2009 | 07:25 AM
Scooop
2nd Gear
skillet never PM'd for the prize. So it's still available. We better hurry and get to 2009 though, the company is rumored to be "cost cutting" any day now.

Old 01-16-2009 | 07:25 AM
Scooop
2nd Gear
Oh, and DHHIY?

Old 01-16-2009 | 07:46 AM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
H*O*L*Y C*R*A*P!!!!!! does it surprise me that she's the prime interviewee of the story? Um...Nope.
For the record... the person mentioned in that article does live in Ocala, FL (Silver Springs is a suburb), with an address near Jumbolair (where John Travolta lives)...

Only thing is, Google Street View doesn't show a single house on that street with a carport, which is what I believe I've seen in photos of Apple. *shrug*

Old 01-16-2009 | 07:53 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
For the record... the person mentioned in that article does live in Ocala, FL (Silver Springs is a suburb), with an address near Jumbolair (where John Travolta lives)...

Only thing is, Google Street View doesn't show a single house on that street with a carport, which is what I believe I've seen in photos of Apple. *shrug*
Oh, you've done VERY well with the detective stuff. This article definitely coroborates her stories, even if they're a little "extended."

Old 01-16-2009 | 07:55 AM
wbarnhill
Oh, you've done VERY well with the detective stuff. This article definitely coroborates her stories, even if they're a little "extended."
My Google-fu is strong.

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:04 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
My Google-fu is strong.

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:07 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok so i'm a little slow on catching the details.. yes just saw the belly dancer but didn't read the entire story.... ok so sandy is not only a liar but cashes in stories about her family members for money!
good work Mr. Google -Fu!!!

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:07 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
took some pics of the engine and bay of my new Dart

Name:  0116091046.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  75.1 KB

just shows how well this car was taken car of

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:14 AM
wbarnhill
Originally Posted by Big Norm
took some pics of the engine and bay of my new Dart

just shows how well this car was taken car of
There's way too much available space in there. You could probably actually reach things without contorting yourself like I have to do with my R56.

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:30 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
I gotta ask (and I realize it may have already been asked), but are we sure that her stories are true? Or could she have the same or similar name and is just saying she is the person related to Depp?

I know, I shouldn't doubt her honesty. After all, her statements have proven to be true soooooo many times.

skillet: did you ever decide to post on the other forums about this thread?

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:39 AM
wbarnhill
Originally Posted by Mishka
I gotta ask (and I realize it may have already been asked), but are we sure that her stories are true? Or could she have the same or similar name and is just saying she is the person related to Depp?

I know, I shouldn't doubt her honesty. After all, her statements have proven to be true soooooo many times.

Thus why I pointed out that there was no carport on the street address of the person listed in that article. Things definitely don't add up.

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:50 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

Thus why I pointed out that there was no carport on the street address of the person listed in that article. Things definitely don't add up.
No, we're not sure if her stories are true - and to be honest, most of us don't believe them. wbarnhill has provided the only "evidence" that she might not be totally, utterly, completely lying. Mostly.

Old 01-16-2009 | 08:54 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
Just wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything. This thread moves so fast sometimes I have trouble keeping up.

In the interest of being fair, are the street view images live or could they be a year or two old?

Old 01-16-2009 | 09:16 AM
wbarnhill
Just wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything. This thread moves so fast sometimes I have trouble keeping up.

In the interest of being fair, are the street view images live or could they be a year or two old?
Could be a year or two old, but the area didn't seem like you COULD build a carport. Most houses had what looked to be a garage, but they were awfully crammed together.

Of course she could've also moved from that location, but it's the one that is close to Jumbolair.

Lots of variables, but still, fishy.

Old 01-16-2009 | 09:25 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
You still can't call the guy your next door neighbor if you don't actually live in his neighborhood tho...

For all I know... she may be Johnny Depp's step sister... or it could be that she read that article in star magazine a little over two years ago and saw that the step sister's name was Sandy and decided to go from there...

If she lied about the car and the macbook air... who knows what else she's lied about?

I stand behind my statement: this woman needs help regardless of who she's related to by marriage.

Old 01-16-2009 | 10:53 AM
mini on
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Apple
I have a old friend Like a grandma to me who is sweet and thoughtful, I told her i loved Minis, so she is driving her 1 owner classic down to me, i think she said it is a 1979, it pretty mint and low miles, she is a sweet old lady, but I have no room for it or interest in old minis.

If some one wants it please let me know I am in central Florida, If you pay shipping or come and get it, is yours.

Miles are under 40K, I would love to keep it but can't .. Please pm me it will be here by the end of the weekend.
The thread that will not die

Old 01-16-2009 | 11:12 AM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
is DHHIY in your sigs for this thread?? and does it stand for DOES HE HAVE IT YET?!?! : O

Old 01-16-2009 | 11:36 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
alot of places here in florida sell easy up car ports for 800.00.....i see them all the time while driving around....

Old 01-16-2009 | 12:11 PM
miniola
6th Gear
She does NOT live next door to Travolta. 100%.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...