Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009 | 07:57 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
thanks CC on the location of the window sticker! I will check it out.

Old 01-17-2009 | 07:58 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the time on each post of off by an hour!
weird, or is this website in central time zone?

Old 01-17-2009 | 07:59 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
am i here by myself?
ohhhh I might win!
I'm used to conversations by myself, Hey Apple you wanta chat??

Old 01-17-2009 | 08:13 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
am i here by myself?
ohhhh I might win!
80 posts by yourself, that's a lot of talking to yourself!!

BTW to get the correct times you need to go to the User CP (user control panel on the left column) then go to edit options, then go down to the bottom and edit the date/time to show your current time zone.

Old 01-17-2009 | 08:27 PM
emu2swan
1st Gear
Well well, evening people. Looks like this thread is drawing to a close. It's been a good thread too, a real good one. Got me out of lurking (I'm a world class lurker) and provoked me to post at least a few times. I can say, with my hand over my heart I've read every post since this threads inception.

First I'd like to say I am so sorry Skillet, from the bottom of my heart of hearts I'm sorry. You are a good sport, I doff my cap to you, raise my cup to you, give you a high five, a thumbs up and I bow to you, you are a fine example of a human being. One of these days you'll get a mini classic, I've no doubt, if you want it bad enough you will have it.

Apple honey, you are a vile person who has planted seeds all over the internet, and from those seeds tendrils have spawned and slithered all over the web. Get some help, seriously.

To the rest of you, you've all been a joy to read, I've had so many laughs, I've seen yours pets, your cars, your houses and I've seen what lovely folks you are. It has been my pleasure from the first day to this one to read your posts.

*Takes a bottle of beer off the wall* but I'm not opening this one. I'm going to save it for sentimental reasons.

Cheers and hugs, Shayna

Oh Yeah I think the last post should be reserved for Skillet

Last edited by emu2swan; 01-17-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2009 | 08:27 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI-IZED
80 posts by yourself, that's a lot of talking to yourself!!

BTW to get the correct times you need to go to the User CP (user control panel on the left column) then go to edit options, then go down to the bottom and edit the date/time to show your current time zone.
wow really? and i'm not even blond!
be right back, and thanks....

Old 01-17-2009 | 08:37 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
nope my time zone was/ is set correctly....

hummmm - i will look into this further

Old 01-17-2009 | 08:39 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by emu2swan
Well well, evening people. Looks like this thread is drawing to a close. It's been a good thread too, a real good one. Got me out of lurking (I'm a world class lurker) and provoked me to post at least a few times. I can say, with my hand over my heart I've read every post since this threads inception.

First I'd like to say I am so sorry Skillet, from the bottom of my heart of hearts I'm sorry. You are a good sport, I doff my cap to you, raise my cup to you, give you a high five, a thumbs up and I bow to you, you are a fine example of a human being. One of these days you'll get a mini classic, I've no doubt, if you want it bad enough you will have it.

Apple honey, you are a vile person who has planted seeds all over the internet, and from that seeds tendrils have spawned and slithered all over the web. Get some help, seriously.

To the rest of you, you've all been a joy to read, I've had so many laughs, I've seen yours pets, your cars, your houses and I've seen what lovely folks you are. It has been my pleasure from the first day to this one to read your posts.

*Takes a bottle of beer off the wall* but I'm not opening this one. I'm going to save it for sentimental reasons.

Cheers and hugs, Shayna

Nicely said!

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:27 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
We can't stop now!

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:37 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Well,,,,heeelllloooooooo everyone!! Who's still up and at 'em? I haven't given up on this thread, just had a party to attend. Remember I mentioned it?? A fish fry? At my dive shop?? anyone?? anyone???
sigh,,, just like talking to my hubby,,,,,*L*

Gemgirl we are getting little puffy flakes of snow,,,no sleet -THANK GOD!!

Sloopy received rave reviews tonight, several of my friends spotted her on the street and seemed to like her
Emu2swan, what you wrote earlier was wonderful,, I am glad that we could help drag you out of your "lurkerdom" please stay here with us,, sometimes it wanes but never fizzles completely. Besides we have to see who will win scooop's prize!!
Oh and I was looking today at this time zone thing and like you Gemgirl, I had mine set correctly but it shows incorrectly on the posts for me too.

And now I will bid you all good night, sleep tight and don't let that one bad Apple spoil your batch!!!

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:37 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
am i here by myself?
ohhhh I might win!
You're not all by yourself. We just got done watching Mirrors. Creepy movie.

No one is going to ask why I have this on my car?

It's because I see signs like this at the mall or other stores.

No one has messed with my car yet, so I figure it's working.

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:38 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Unless of course we just stop talking.
Hello fellow night friends! Insomniacs like me perhaps? I was just joking about not talking... I was feeling like I was having a gemgirlpa moment and felt silly talking to myself. And I was thinking that if we didn't get to 2009 then maybe there'd still be some hope left.

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:41 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
So, a while back, the question was:

Which will come first? The classic or post 2009.

I think we know now.
I didn't want it to come true.

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:45 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker

That is toooooo funny!!

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:46 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dex05S
mmmmm... cookies! Thanks Miniola. Now I gotta go see if the milk is lumpy!
Did you find your lumpy milk?

Anyone sick from the salmonella peanut butter cookies yet? I'm feeling ok so far. The dough tasted like a mild peanut butter fudge. mmmmm ... so I figure if I didn't get sick from the peanut butter salmonella... the raw eggs could do it! Covering all my bases!

I see that gemgirlpa talks to herself all this time and now she has disappeared.

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:48 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I think Gemgirl is fast asleep in her chair with her feet up in front of the fire.......

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:49 PM
miniola
6th Gear
wow really? and i'm not even blond!
be right back, and thanks....
That was a good laugh gem... you said, "be right back" and I thought you were going somewhere to "check" to see if you WERE blonde!

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:50 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by emu2swan

Apple honey, you are a vile person who has planted seeds all over the internet, and from that seeds tendrils have spawned and slithered all over the web. Get some help, seriously.

Cheers and hugs, Shayna

That was really sweet. Wish you would have hung out with us more... more fun than being a lurker.

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:51 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Funny thing, I opened a new jar of PB this morning and spread some on my whole wheat toast and I thought it tasted funny, kindof "fishy" so imagine my dismay when I heard the news tonight!!
But so far I am still okay ... so I am in the running for that 2009th post and I will be here with bells on when Skillet gets his classic mini!

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:55 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
see you all in the am...... just gotta get some sleep!!

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:55 PM
miniola
6th Gear

Interesting... never seen that before. I know where I'd like to see that Apple Bait car... and it's not AZ!

cabwy- so your fish fry actually happened? I'm thinking fishsticks... seeing as how frozen birdies were flying by earlier. Didn't look promising.

We were trying to watch "Tropic Thunder" but the husband started falling asleep and I made him go to bed.

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:56 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
I don't want to irritate you east coasters and mid-westerners but I can't believe how warm it's been here lately. It was 72° coming home from work at 6:30 tonight. The other day I was finishing taking down my Christmas lights, I started out in pants and a long sleeve shirt but had to change to shorts and t-shirt. I used my IR temp gun and it was 93° in the attic. Hope it's not a sign of the summer coming too early or too hot.

Old 01-17-2009 | 09:59 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Funny thing, I opened a new jar of PB this morning and spread some on my whole wheat toast and I thought it tasted funny, kindof "fishy" so imagine my dismay when I heard the news tonight!!
But so far I am still okay ... so I am in the running for that 2009th post and I will be here with bells on when Skillet gets his classic mini!
The good news is that they are thinking that jarred peanut butter is ok and that it's the peanut paste used in shelved baked goods (like Keebler) is the culprit. But who knows... after the whole tomato fiasco.

Old 01-17-2009 | 10:04 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I don't want to irritate you east coasters and mid-westerners but I can't believe how warm it's been here lately. It was 72° coming home from work at 6:30 tonight. The other day I was finishing taking down my Christmas lights, I started out in pants and a long sleeve shirt but had to change to shorts and t-shirt. I used my IR temp gun and it was 93° in the attic. Hope it's not a sign of the summer coming too early or too hot.
OOOOH... you're fannin' the flames man! Snowballs are probably heading your way... fortunately they'll probably melt before they get there!

SNL has a skit right now about a game show called "Good Excuse"... sounds almost as good as some of Apple's excuses.

Old 01-17-2009 | 10:07 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Well, going to bed. Good luck on post 2009. About 60 more to go, huh?
I don't think I can stay up for that.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...