Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009 | 06:08 AM
IanF
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Scooop
sat in my first classic today. Roomier than I thought. Awkward trying to figure out how to do the whole right-hand-drive thing. But I can adjust. Hopefully someday.
It is roomier, ain't it? RHD is pretty easy to get used to. Even shifting. The whole "experience" is so different that shifting with your left hand just seems... normal. If I were planning to use a classic Mini as a d.d. (which is impractical here in the rust belt), then I would want LHD, but for a w/e fun car - gotta be RHD!

Skillet - I feel for you.

Apple -

Old 01-20-2009 | 06:16 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Just because there's been a lot of questioning as to what's going on with the car, as of yesterday I've finally decided to stop wasting my time trying to get information out of her. She's not worth it anymore... Basically the last transaction we had, I was on the other forums leaving messages stating "Drop me a line." Well, she finally did and here's her e-mail

[SIZE=4]"Why do you keep asking me to send you a email. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I sent you The last one i needed to send. Have a good day!"[/SIZE]

and here's my response...

[FONT=Arno Pro][SIZE=4]"Umm, no you have not. You blatantly have not replied to my last e-mails. I obviously stated that I had someone willing to look at the car, and you've blown me off. If the car even exists, why won't you take pictures or allow me to send someone over to look at the car? In the last e-mail you stated "I do not feel like I have anything to prove to you or anyone else..." Yes you do. Burden of proof lies in your court. You obviously have time to take pictures and post them considering you're on the internet all day long... Thank you for responding...I'd feel bad for taking a minute of your time away from the forums..."[/SIZE][/FONT]

That was the last of the communication. Have not heard anymore. Oh well.

So at this point and time, I think I'll have Norm rename the thread and keep it open. Too much fun in here How does "Once upon a Free Mini" sound?

Last edited by skillet; 01-20-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2009 | 06:22 AM
LIL PIGG
3rd Gear
Miniola,

Thanks, my mini (the blue one) was shipped from New Zealand. I got it from a guy in Ohio that had it shipped. It is a 68 mini 1000 but it has the 1275 in it. The mini next to mine (the yellow one) is my brothers. He bought his in the east part of Ohio from a guy that lives in Florida. PM and I can give you more details.

Jason

Old 01-20-2009 | 06:23 AM
AstroBlackS
5th Gear
sorry to hear that skillet. It was an interesting experience if nothing else!

Old 01-20-2009 | 06:30 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
Hi all. I'm still here too. While I have not totally given up, I have begun the process of taking the Christmas trees down - and I do mean trees. I still have a small one up however and it can stay until we all decide as a group that we should give the "Classic Mini for Skillet" its last rights.

My puppy (a young 13) had minor surgery today, but I always stress when they have to put him under. He came thru just fine and is adapting to the "cone" as best as can be expected. Just like last time, he forgets that he is a wide load and tends to smack into things. He is sleeping and appears to be comfortable given the head gear situation. He is baby #1 and has his own car seat in the MINI. I can hardly wait to take him out this spring for some country motoring.

He loves to sit in "his" chairs (yes he has several) in the livingroom, particularly next to the front door when the weather is nice, like yesterday - 70 degrees in January - sweet.

The garden picture was in March of 2007. With the warmer weekends it is time for me to begin the spring yard work to get the play area back into shape for the baby. Oh his name is Krissy, actually Kristopher Kringle. He was a Christmas present many years ago.

Krissy is beatuiful, hope he recoverys quickly from his surgery!!!
70 in January!!! send some our way!

Old 01-20-2009 | 06:33 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
[quote=miniola;2635724] So tonight in the grocery store (laundry aisle) talking to the husband about how the difference between Woolite for darks and lights and I'm thinking it's probably more psychological than anything else... but I actually saw in my mind, a giant one of these- . It was really weird and funny. I told him I really need a giant green rolling eyes smiley for whenever he says things. (And I know he needs one for me!)
[quote]

Now that is very funny!!!

Old 01-20-2009 | 06:35 AM
LIL PIGG
3rd Gear
Hey cabwy,
Yes I have heard and been to Washington C.H. It is a nice city, and I have been there many times. I live on the east side of Columbus. It you see a little blue mini running around on the east side of Columbus then it is more likely it is me. The mini is in the garage waiting for the good weather right now. I try to get out as much as possible.

Old 01-20-2009 | 06:55 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by skillet
Just because there's been a lot of questioning as to what's going on with the car, as of yesterday I've finally decided to stop wasting my time trying to get information out of her. She's not worth it anymore... Basically the last transaction we had, I was on the other forums leaving messages stating "Drop me a line." Well, she finally did and here's her e-mail

[FONT=Arno Pro][SIZE=4]"Umm, no you have not. You blatantly have not replied to my last e-mails. I obviously stated that I had someone willing to look at the car, and you've blown me off. If the car even exists, why won't you take pictures or allow me to send someone over to look at the car? In the last e-mail you stated "I do not feel like I have anything to prove to you or anyone else..." Yes you do. Burden of proof lies in your court. You obviously have time to take pictures and post them considering you're on the internet all day long... Thank you for responding...I'd feel bad for taking a minute of your time away from the forums..."[/SIZE][/FONT]

So at this point and time, I think I'll have Norm rename the thread and keep it open. Too much fun in here How does "Once upon a Free Mini" sounds?
Skillet, I'm sorry she is such a bi***!!!!
She obviously never had a classic, she is a lonely person looking for people to talk to her on forums. That is her pathetic life looking for attention.

Apple you disguet me!!! What goes around comes around, just keep in mind treat people as you would want to be treated, you, my dear, have a sad life. Paint your toes and post pictures, that will be all you life has to offer you!

As for this thread, there are great, honest people here, I'm glad I have met and chatted with everyone of you!
Skillet you will get your classic one day and when you do you will enjoy every single second of it and know you have many many friends there to support you!

Old 01-20-2009 | 07:37 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
So sorry to see that she has finally proven herself to be a rotten apple. Unfortunately it was expected, but I was really holding out hope for skillet.

What's sad is if she had been the one (supposedly) getting a free car and got treated like she treated skillet, she'd probably be on here-as well as every other forum she belongs to-whining and crying, calling people names and then contacting an attorney to try and take legal action.

What a loser!

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:00 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Wow, We are next in line for that classic MINI !!!!

I PM'D Apple about 1/2 second after she posted the free Mini and offered to buy it from her. She then informed me that I was second in line. She also informed another NAM forum member named cr 03 mcs that he was also second in line.
I guess since Skillet did not recieve the free Mini Classic, Myself & cr 03 mcs are still second in line to recieve the car.
I guess it is our lucky day. Too bad Skillit but I guess me and cr 03 mcs will just have to share the Mini Classic that you didn't recieve.
Really though, I have been keeping up with this thread hoping you did get the mini even though I probably knew Apple was just playing a terrible joke that is not very funny.
One thing she did do was get a good thread going that brought enjoyment to more then a few NAM forum members.
She probably did not know the value of a classic mini when she offered it for free.
Ronnie948

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:21 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
So at this point and time, I think I'll have Norm rename the thread and keep it open. Too much fun in here How does "Once upon a Free Mini" sounds?

I think this is a good thread title - or as somebody else suggested: "As the Free Classic Mini Turns...." It'd probably have to go off-topic, too. But it's DEFINITELY a keeper!!!

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:23 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
ronnie948 since she isn't giving it to skillet, you should tell her that since you were next in line it's now your Mini. Start asking for pics, when you can pick it up, etc.

Last edited by Mishka; 01-20-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-20-2009 | 08:28 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
I had been hanging on to a wisp of a hope that somehow this would still happen, but based on her last email exchange, I guess I can finally and fully concede that Apple is a worthless piece of trash. What a sad, sad excuse for a person. If she had any shame, I would hope that she feels at least an ounce of regret, but I doubt it. How truly pathetic.

Old 01-20-2009 | 09:52 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ronnie948
I PM'D Apple about 1/2 second after she posted the free Mini and offered to buy it from her. She then informed me that I was second in line. She also informed another NAM forum member named cr 03 mcs that he was also second in line.
I guess since Skillet did not recieve the free Mini Classic, Myself & cr 03 mcs are still second in line to recieve the car.
I guess it is our lucky day. Too bad Skillit but I guess me and cr 03 mcs will just have to share the Mini Classic that you didn't recieve.
Really though, I have been keeping up with this thread hoping you did get the mini even though I probably knew Apple was just playing a terrible joke that is not very funny.
One thing she did do was get a good thread going that brought enjoyment to more then a few NAM forum members.
She probably did not know the value of a classic mini when she offered it for free.
Ronnie948
YUP! I was laughing when I read this... you sure are 2nd in line you lucky dog! Shall we start a separate thread for you? That's funny. Start pm'ing her right now 'cause it might be a couple of months before you hear anything.

I personally think that if she ever did have a car like that, she would know the value... she's on the internet everywhere ALL DAY LONG! That's why I have that suspicion that she may have used the "FREE CLASSIC MINI" as an ad scam to get attention to get multiple behind the scenes bids. I just know she must've had SO many pm's with offers to buy that car. I'm waiting to see it show up on a forum somewhere. Only thing is, it's probably not orange, probably not RHD and who knows what else.

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:06 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Good job Skillet! Great idea!

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:14 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Scooop
sat in my first classic today. Roomier than I thought. Awkward trying to figure out how to do the whole right-hand-drive thing. But I can adjust. Hopefully someday.

DHHIY?
OOOOOOOH. Cool! We sat in one at Momentum Mini in Houston. Yeah, we were totally drooling over it and we weren't supposed to touch itl It was all locked up. Now... we were told that we were SO SPECIAL that they actually opened it up and let us sit in it. Now how many of you other people got to sit in it?

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:19 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
I would have to share it with cr 03 mcs

Hi Miniola,
Apple also told forum member cr 03 mcs that he was second in line for the Mini Classic so I would probably have to share the car with him. There are probably more second place members out there that we would have to share with.
I live in Daytona so I really should get the address from Skillit and drive over to her house to view the mini that don't exist. At least I could tell my partner cs 03 mcs about the car I didn't see.
I still have to thank her for this "FUN" thread.
Ronnie948

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:21 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Wow, I just thought of this.

If all of us that was promised this car got in it at the same time it would look like the old circus clown car. Skillit would get to drive because he was first.

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:33 AM
miniola
6th Gear

So at this point and time, I think I'll have Norm rename the thread and keep it open. Too much fun in here How does "Once upon a Free Mini" sound?
I really like "Once Upon a Free Mini"... but also really liked "The Great Pumpkin"... and then there was the big kibosh!

And so the last email she sent was the one where she said if you had doubts then maybe you're not the person that should have it?

OH APPLE/SANDY/CYBERGYPSY- we believe, we believe! We are not worthy of your superior-ness. (I've always wanted to use that "we're not worthy" smiley!)

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:34 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jpigg
Miniola,

Thanks, my mini (the blue one) was shipped from New Zealand. I got it from a guy in Ohio that had it shipped. It is a 68 mini 1000 but it has the 1275 in it. The mini next to mine (the yellow one) is my brothers. He bought his in the east part of Ohio from a guy that lives in Florida. PM and I can give you more details.

Jason
Cool. I've got to clean out my inbox first... got too many pm's in there!

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:38 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pilotart
Daytona-SilverSprings area is forecast to hit 27f Wednesday and Thursday, coldest in Florida so far this season,
South Florida is looking for high 30's, but no snow expected.
I wonder if our snowflakes that tell us when it's too f'ing cold outside will finally come on?

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:39 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
OOOOOOOH. Cool! We sat in one at Momentum Mini in Houston. Yeah, we were totally drooling over it and we weren't supposed to touch itl It was all locked up. Now... we were told that we were SO SPECIAL that they actually opened it up and let us sit in it. Now how many of you other people got to sit in it?
I feel gipped, they didn't let me sit in it!

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:42 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ronnie948
If all of us that was promised this car got in it at the same time it would look like the old circus clown car. Skillit would get to drive because he was first.
Yeah, ROAD TRIP! Let's go see how many we can stuff in there!

Old 01-20-2009 | 10:44 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
I feel gipped, they didn't let me sit in it!
Well, did you start crying? That helps. I'll post a picture in my gallery of the husband in it.

Old 01-20-2009 | 11:37 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Well, did you start crying? That helps. I'll post a picture in my gallery of the husband in it.
No, but I should have! I did all the appropriate drooling motions, but that didn't work. I even told them of being in one when I was a kid, hoping it would trigger off some primitive Mini response - didn't work!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...