Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:08 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hey ladies... AHEM...

Be careful how much info you put out... there are some people that do know how to Google! You get too carried away and soon enough you'll be giving out social security numbers and credit card info and all of your passwords. And somwhere along the way I am sure there'll be a weight listed.

LOL,,, I was thinking that very thing!!! And I gave my cousin's name,,,,, eeek!

You didn't laugh at my pageant troll..... I thot that was pretty good.... I bought a couple,,,BTW... I love them,,,,

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:16 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Mike Bradstreet is my cousin, we were raised on the same farm,, he is like a brother to me......I am dying here!!! Mrs Metzger,,,, is she older? That name sounds so familiar....

And yes I know the big house you refer to.... gosh that country road was beautiful to me, I used to drive it on my way home to Wash. CH. . Did you live there? OMG.....
I'm thinkin' it's a good thing she didn't say Mr. Bradstreet was a big a-hole... especially before you disclosed that he's a relative!

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:16 PM
Dex05S
3rd Gear
How about.... "the little Thread that could" ....??

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
LOL,,, I was thinking that very thing!!! And I gave my cousin's name,,,,, eeek!

You didn't laugh at my pageant troll..... I thot that was pretty good.... I bought a couple,,,BTW... I love them,,,,
Sorry... typing while sitting sideways not very good. Of course I love her!

I liked on the E90 where Skillet confirmed that Apple was a TROLL and not the cool kind that allows you to style her hair.

*Sorry, not reading well either. You bought TWO?!?!

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:23 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dex05S
How about.... "the little Thread that could" ....??
That could work.

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Yes!! I bought 2 of them on EBAY,,( got carried away) *L* and I loved Skillet's post also,,,it absolutely made my night tonight, I think that is why I am so hyped up!!

I have debated whether to offer up one of my new trolls as a prize on here,,, but am torn,, I love them both.....

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:26 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I'm thinkin' it's a good thing she didn't say Mr. Bradstreet was a big a-hole... especially before you disclosed that he's a relative!

This is true since he drives a "bimmer"

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:28 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hey BigNorm - are you the only moderator for the Classic thread? I've seen some other threads that were eventually moved to a different topic (no, not all of 'em are OFF topic), so I wonder if we can get one of the "big cheeses" to help move us and rename us (after we finish voting on the new title, that is)? We just don't want to get locked down or something for always being *relatively* off topic.

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:28 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
okay guys and gals,,, I simply must stop this and get ready for bed.... I had a long day workwise and it starts again with an 8 am appt.......

x uh oh x,,, I guess I need to include you in the family holiday dinners,,, I feel so close to you now!! Maybe we can continue our walk down memory lane tomorrow?? Thanks for the PM!!!!

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:29 PM
miniola
6th Gear
This is true since he drives a "bimmer"
I heard a joke a long time ago...

What's the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine?

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:32 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

Has something to do with where the "*****-ly" things are!

YES, cabwy - family dinners and BBQs! Hope your appointment goes well.

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:35 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Old 01-20-2009 | 08:36 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

The porcupine wears lipstick....?

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:37 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I simply MUST go to bed........

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:46 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Good night!

Old 01-20-2009 | 09:01 PM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
Wow, now we can add class reunion to the list of off-topicness!!

Happy reunioning people!!

Old 01-20-2009 | 11:20 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Thanks so much for the positive words, in my heart I'm feeling like the company from last week was really good and yes I think your husband is correct, they are huge, and that is what i keep thinking all the red tape just to hire someone. I'm positive but trying to stay prepare if they call with bad news.
This one tomorrow is intriguing so i will go and find out more!...
I am thinking the same as what you said, I just needed that reassuance! thanks...
Don't give up hope. I work for my City Government after 21 years in private industry. My first year here I nearly went bald from pulling my hair out due to how slow everything worked. We always joke that thank gawd we don't run a hospital! The patients would all be dead before we made up our minds as to what the treatment should be. To hire anyone here takes an act of Congress. The work that the new person was going to do is already obsolete before we even get them hired.

I am sure that your person really is sick and has not been able to address the "process" properly. Look on the bright side, I bet your tree is nicely packed away, you were able to watch the national events today and enjoy history in the making. Your job is out there and it will come at the right time. Keep the faith.

Thank you all for the good wishes for Krissy. He is doing well and adapting to his cone head. He was selected originally because of his happy little face and his sweet disposition. No matter what, he is my angel. He does have a personality and is vocal when things are not to his liking. Once when he was out of water, he took the little liner bowl and proceeded to take it in is mouth, go over to the top of the stairs and toss it all the way down the staircase to let me know in no uncertain terms that it was empty. His special treat is canned whipping cream on his dog food. Yuck!

Skillet, I am really sorry, but as has been said before, you are the most gracious and upstanding person ever. Thumbs up, hats off, high five to you. I am honored to share a thread with you and the others that have taken this adventure with you. After all, isn't that what Mini/MINIs are all about.... sharing the adventure and experiences of life with other individuals that truly understand the discovery of the true meaning of Mini/MINI ownership - sharing with others. One bad apple cannot ruin this thread. As I always tell my nephew, group hug and Krissy kisses make any day better. Everyone should consider yourself hugged and throughly kissed by my happy poodle!

Old 01-21-2009 | 04:14 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
kikimowse-- what a wonderful pep talk and all around wonderful post........

I am glad I didn't read this til morning it is a great wake up call

Old 01-21-2009 | 05:01 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
Did you add the random chatter part to the original post? What about if you delete that part... can you add something else? Like FREE CLASSIC MINI (The Story of One Bad Apple)... or something like that? Do we have to move somewhere else now?

**Sorry just don't want to be on lockdown.
i did add that but cant figure out how to totally change the title on how you see it when you open classic forum.......i'll ask around after Skillet PM's me with the new title name....figure he has the last say in this one

Old 01-21-2009 | 05:47 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OK Gem- can't find a video but this picture says what it needs to...
THAT IS GREAT!!! THANKS, MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!

sorry went to bed early last night. was tired! THANKS - GOSH DARN IT -THANKS!!!!

Old 01-21-2009 | 06:02 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
Don't give up hope. I work for my City Government after 21 years in private industry. My first year here I nearly went bald from pulling my hair out due to how slow everything worked. We always joke that thank gawd we don't run a hospital! The patients would all be dead before we made up our minds as to what the treatment should be. To hire anyone here takes an act of Congress. The work that the new person was going to do is already obsolete before we even get them hired.

I am sure that your person really is sick and has not been able to address the "process" properly. Look on the bright side, I bet your tree is nicely packed away, you were able to watch the national events today and enjoy history in the making. Your job is out there and it will come at the right time. Keep the faith.

Thank you all for the good wishes for Krissy. He is doing well and adapting to his cone head. He was selected originally because of his happy little face and his sweet disposition. No matter what, he is my angel. He does have a personality and is vocal when things are not to his liking. Once when he was out of water, he took the little liner bowl and proceeded to take it in is mouth, go over to the top of the stairs and toss it all the way down the staircase to let me know in no uncertain terms that it was empty. His special treat is canned whipping cream on his dog food. Yuck!

Skillet, I am really sorry, but as has been said before, you are the most gracious and upstanding person ever. Thumbs up, hats off, high five to you. I am honored to share a thread with you and the others that have taken this adventure with you. After all, isn't that what Mini/MINIs are all about.... sharing the adventure and experiences of life with other individuals that truly understand the discovery of the true meaning of Mini/MINI ownership - sharing with others. One bad apple cannot ruin this thread. As I always tell my nephew, group hug and Krissy kisses make any day better. Everyone should consider yourself hugged and throughly kissed by my happy poodle!
Thank you very very much, you really picked up my spirits this morning! You say such kind words and cheered me up! As a matter of fact everyone here has been great with kind words and keeping me occupied while unemployed! thank you all -
kiki you are correct, my house is clean, every sheet from every bed and every piece of clothing is wash and put away, and yes I did have the tv on all day yesterday!

I'm keeping the faith. Maybe this is a test to give me patience, because lord knows, i have none!

I think Krissy deserves some whip cream today!!! keep us informed on his progress! Sloppy kisses all around, even by my princess Thistle!

Old 01-21-2009 | 09:54 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
i did add that but cant figure out how to totally change the title on how you see it when you open classic forum.......i'll ask around after Skillet PM's me with the new title name....figure he has the last say in this one
Agreed. Whatever Skillet wants to call it.

Old 01-21-2009 | 10:01 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
THAT IS GREAT!!! THANKS, MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!

sorry went to bed early last night. was tired! THANKS - GOSH DARN IT -THANKS!!!!
Hope it worked for you today!

I wanted to find the video when he does his little daily affirmation in the mirror but I couldn't find any online. Maybe NBC removed them or maybe Al Franken removed them due to his running for office. I thought he used to say "doggone it" but... .

Old 01-21-2009 | 10:04 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse

I like you.

I hope that your baby is better soon. I don't remember if I said anything about how cute he is or about your sweet little garden entry but I meant to. Sometimes it's a challenge to keep up here.

Old 01-21-2009 | 11:21 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
You guys are freaking me out. My hubby's from Ohio.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...