Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009 | 11:52 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
You guys are freaking me out. My hubby's from Ohio.
If he knows the locales we're talking about, that will be the top on the "freaky" cake!!

Old 01-21-2009 | 12:58 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
today's interview was with a "higher" end agency, they feel confident they can place me with a permanent position pretty quickly!!
Why didn't i think of this before????

thanks for all your support everyone!!!

Old 01-21-2009 | 02:31 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
today's interview was with a "higher" end agency, they feel confident they can place me with a permanent position pretty quickly!!

YAY GEM!!!

Old 01-21-2009 | 04:08 PM
DrewN
6th Gear

Yeh, this thread ROCKS!!

Old 01-21-2009 | 05:11 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

Hey, G.G., sounds like a good idea!! Keep us posted!!

Old 01-21-2009 | 05:18 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
You guys are freaking me out. My hubby's from Ohio.
OOooohhhhh, I sure wish you were on here last night, it really was getting freaky!!

Want to give me a hint and see if I can figure out hwere he lived???

x uh oh X---I still cannot believe that you lived in Ridgeville,,,, and for any of you who don't know the area, it is like postage stamp sized.......

uhm,,,, I know I haven't been on today but I am starting to hear the crickets again........ and I especially smell that one in particular...

Old 01-21-2009 | 08:35 PM
Scooop
2nd Gear
We lived in Upper Arlington for a year.

Does that count as Ohio?

Old 01-22-2009 | 07:20 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
PDC is audible tone. No, no noticeable issues with the power steering at all. However, looking back, when we were on the NC twisty road mountain trip there was a point where I remember saying that my right foot felt really hot. I had heat on pretty high and socks with boots but it felt like my foot was on fire. (I was driving). So I guess what happens is that the fan shorts out and that blows the fuse. (?) Did I already say that?

..............[edit]..........
I remembered this thread when I read about your hot foot issue:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-footwell.html

I am glad your issue was resolved quickly!

Old 01-22-2009 | 10:59 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey thanks for the support everyone!!!

wow I haven't been on the computer since yesterday afternoon and all you folks give me to read today is 6 posts??????? come on guys - 6 posts, it didn't even turn a page yet!!!

start typing!!!

Old 01-22-2009 | 11:01 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ok so i'm having another conversation by my self again...
today i went out with no coat on, it is 40 degrees and feels like a heat wave.. i was going to wash nugget today but holding out for tomorrow it is supposed to be 45 degrees!!! woooohhhhooooo, we are getting warmer!!!

Old 01-22-2009 | 02:12 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Scooop

Does that count as Ohio?
Hey Scooop! That sure does count! If I remember correctly that is a mighty nice area to live......

Old 01-22-2009 | 02:14 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Scooop

Does that count as Ohio?
My sister and her husband lived there until the spring of 2006 when they retired and moved to The Villages in Florida. Small world again.

Old 01-22-2009 | 02:19 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey Gemgirl,,,, I actually DID go and wash Sloopy again today, simply because I am too booked tomorrow to get away to the car wash. I think that is twice in one week??? Poor thing was covered from head to toe with salt and grime. and yes, it is awfully quiet on here,, I wonder if poor miniola is too busy fighting Mr Frost away from her plants? And I am sure that we lost MCWill to his Gameboy..... sigh
I booked this day a little lighter than normal, figured I could use a break then my other appts cancelled short notice so I had a free day!! Good thing since I woke up with a thumper of a headache. Of course hubby is busy with IC work and teaching a class tonight so I am all alone all day and into the night.... has been kindof nice,, no makeup one and in sweats and my Uggs..... nice...... I did rally enough to get some major projects finished ( taxes, cleaned basement) and now I am debating making cookies....and if I do they call for--------PEANUT BUTTER!! So here is my contribution to useless rambling......

Old 01-22-2009 | 02:21 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
My sister and her husband lived there until the spring of 2006 when they retired and moved to The Villages in Florida. Small world again.

Wow,, I am starting to see a pattern here.... Seriously Ohio is a nice State!!

Old 01-22-2009 | 02:39 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hey Gemgirl,,,, I actually DID go and wash Sloopy again today, simply because I am too booked tomorrow to get away to the car wash. I think that is twice in one week??? Poor thing was covered from head to toe with salt and grime. and yes, it is awfully quiet on here,, I wonder if poor miniola is too busy fighting Mr Frost away from her plants? And I am sure that we lost MCWill to his Gameboy..... sigh
I booked this day a little lighter than normal, figured I could use a break then my other appts cancelled short notice so I had a free day!! Good thing since I woke up with a thumper of a headache. Of course hubby is busy with IC work and teaching a class tonight so I am all alone all day and into the night.... has been kindof nice,, no makeup one and in sweats and my Uggs..... nice...... I did rally enough to get some major projects finished ( taxes, cleaned basement) and now I am debating making cookies....and if I do they call for--------PEANUT BUTTER!! So here is my contribution to useless rambling......
Hey 2 times in one week, wow I have washed nug every week in the summer into fall but never 2 times... I keep her in the garage and she is still so bad i can't imaging not having a garage. I looked at the boot today and i don't want anyone to see her until i was her - i'm so ashamed!
Hubby is a little late..
I make sugar cookies the other day, I really dislike peanut butter except in cookies... ohhhh speaking of pb cookies i made a new kind the past christmas and got rave reviews from everyone, add a bag of crushed butterfingers into your pb recipe - it is fantastic... Miniola where are you???

Old 01-22-2009 | 02:48 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
YUM,,,,, butterfingers pieces,,, sounds awesome,, one of my favorite candy bars. I really think our poor miniola is frozen somewhere clutching her whithering plants.......maybe we should plan a road trip and save her?? We can take her our warm woolies.

Old 01-22-2009 | 03:27 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
cabwy, i think you are correct about miniola, poor thing, getting a blast of cold.. you said it...ROAD TRIP. let's gather all our booties and sweats and head to Fl!!
you won't have to twist my arm!

if you love butterfingers -you gotta try the cookies... my husband "braged" all around work he loved them that much!

making veggie style French Onion Soup for dinner tonight! so gotta go shortly. have a great night all - i'll try to stop back late (after he goes to bed)...

Old 01-22-2009 | 04:41 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
okay I have a sad story for you. I bumped Sloopy into a tree.... :( it happened that last snowy day, and I believe that was the day I was saying how I loved driving in the snow???? jeez. So I have to replace the trim that goes around the tail light/ brakelight in the back by my clubdoor on the drivers side. I was in a client's driveway, a steep driveway and she had a repair man already in her drive. She called me and told me not to worry just pull in beside him and block their cars since her husband wasn't going anywhere... well I got there and my initital thought was that there wasn't enough room for me but figured that she knew her driveway and dumb me pulled in and I went off of the driveway into the ivy/grass and snow/sleet. No problem, I thought,, I will just back down the drive with my one wheel in her ivy until I could pull it back up on the driveway. For the life of me I swear that tree lunged out at me,,, I didn't see it at all ( I think it blended in with the snowy haze- it was still snowing) so there you have it. My precious little Sloop has a pimple.... well more like a boil.... anybody have any idea how expensive that panel is to replace??? Sadly it is a chip about the size of a quarter and a small crack....

Old 01-23-2009 | 05:25 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
oooohhh sloopy, I'm so sorry!
Hang on Sloopy, mommy will fix it!!

That is horrible- really sorry to hear that!

you should go out and chop down that tree, for jumping out like that!

Old 01-23-2009 | 07:34 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Well, I probably dented that tree,,,LOL what a pain,,you are right, poor little Sloopy.

Old 01-23-2009 | 12:27 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok finally got Nug washed, waiting in line for an hour after driving over 2 x... I was even going to just wash her in our driveway but hubby turned off the water to the outside, i guess to prevent freezing. So back out i went!!!

Nothing new on hte job front, eating a bag of potato chips now!!! I ready to start with the chocolate too!! Help me someone i'm fading.....

Old 01-23-2009 | 05:47 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gosh Gemgirl,,, is it our breath!!?? Are we the only ones on here??

Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllooooooooooooo? ????????

Old 01-23-2009 | 06:43 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hi! Bit busy today! Everyone okay?

Old 01-23-2009 | 07:45 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Old 01-23-2009 | 07:48 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hmmmmmm..........I guess that's a no!