Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008 | 04:33 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
I haven't had my share yet....

Old 12-05-2008 | 04:46 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIchaser
I haven't had my share yet....

I was thinking everyone left! I can't believe no one else had checked in today!

Hopefully Skillet is on his way to go get the car and surprise everyone.

Old 12-05-2008 | 04:48 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
i've been on and off all day.....at least once an hour...lol....just had nothing to say....patiently waiting for good news or some news...

Old 12-05-2008 | 05:02 PM
miniola
6th Gear
We went to Lakeland today to pick up the BMW (not the MINI) after service and saw a few choppers around and flying above us in Plant City. They closed part of I-4 for a little bit so we had a bit of a detour. Apparently some crazy guy with an AK-47 was shooting people! Came home and checked status of free Mini... nothin'. Left again and just got back but Skillet's no where to be found. Hmmmm...

We're going to watch a movie now... don't know if I'm ready to eat real popcorn though... kinda stuffed!

Old 12-05-2008 | 05:31 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
yeah thats about 20 min from me......pretty scary.....here is the story to give everyone some reading material while we wait to find out about the free classic

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2...n+into+custody

Old 12-05-2008 | 06:03 PM
skillet
6th Gear
I apologize for the delayed response. Were currently at a Christmas party. I just thought I'd check in.

Ok, a small update... Called Apple this afternoon only to have another lady answer the phone...hmm. I didn't want to ask her if she owned a mini, so I told her I'd just call back later tonight. I tried at 6:30, but nobody was home. So, I'll try in the morning. I'm praying I'll here from her tomorrow... Thanks for staying tuned!

Old 12-05-2008 | 06:35 PM
skillet
6th Gear
New update: Apple just pm'd me! I apparently spoke to her sister this afternoon, but anyways...her friend (grandma) just arrived! Woohoo! I should have pictures tomorrow! Right hand drive!!!

Old 12-05-2008 | 08:18 PM
2phun
4th Gear
This is good news!

Old 12-06-2008 | 05:34 AM
OKMini
4th Gear
Big Norm -

Just read the story about the Plant City Gunman. Couldn't help but notice the quote below:

"Very scary, very scary," said neighbor Rene Kincaid. "I'm glad that he's caught. The neighborhood then will be a little bit quiet I hope."
"He was all tattooed," said Mario Delcampo. "He looked like dangerous people and now I know."

Is there something you are not telling us all?

He was all tattooed = looked like dangerous people and now I know

Perhaps it was not a Mini tattoo

Just in case - I'm just kidding!!!

Back to the popcorn and another episode of "As the Mini turns". Perhaps the Happy Ending is just around the corner...

Old 12-06-2008 | 05:59 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Yuh! No joke... it's like a freakin' popcorn soap opera.

Nice ride by the way.
thanks, loving my Nugget!!
pass the popcorn please!!!

Old 12-06-2008 | 06:07 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
"As the MINI Turns" = funny
that is perfect for this thread...

so the grandma finally arrives!!!!
yes???........ (sitting on the edge of my seat)...

Old 12-06-2008 | 06:11 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
if you hear on the news that the guy was 7ft tall and covered in tattoo's, then you know who to look for....lol....sometimes it sucks to be tall......try playing hid and go seek when your 7 ft tall.....you can only hide behind buildings .....ever wonder what it's like to hid your head on a door way, or maybe run into a ceiling fan going at full speed, yeah those dont hit you just once...it a multiple rampage of fan blades attacking your scalp and forhead.....you only do it a few times, then you learn to duc around everything

Old 12-06-2008 | 07:53 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by OKMini
Big Norm -

Back to the popcorn and another episode of "As the Mini turns". Perhaps the Happy Ending is just around the corner...
"As the Mini Turns"... PERFECT! Thanks OKMini. (Anyone hear the dramatic music in the background?)

So Skillet is at a "Christmas Party"... WHAT?!? Boy, you are CRAZY! No more parties allowed.

Now onto the unknown woman's voice... is it the sister? Is it "Grandma"? Or is it really "APPLE" IN DISGUISE? For anyone that watches or has watched the soaps... (and I'm sure there are some out there that would NEVER admit to it ) regardless... DUN DUN DUUUUUN... there's always the twist.

Is there really a sister?

Is there REALLY a "GRANDMA"?

Is APPLE really a lady?

"Multiple Personalites" could be a distinct possibilty.

But SOMEONE will have to die? You know that someone always dies, right? I mean, usually there is a car wreck over a cliff or off a wet road/bridge into the ocean and the "body is never found"... said car would then be pulled from the water as a mangled mess rendering survival...well, impossible. (The good thing is that the characters never REALLY die... they just disappear for awhile... get some facial surgery or a boob job and then come back.)

BigNorm I feel your pain... but obviously in the most completely opposite way. I can never clean those stinkin' fan blades! I never know when the top of my refrigerator is dirty. If I play hide and seek, there are SO many places to hide that eventually the others just STOP LOOKING! (There's only so many mushrooms a person can look under before they decide to give up!) And I have to sit SO close to my steering wheel (in order to fully engage the clutch) that I can actually honk the horn with my *****! (That's actually kinda funny to do.)

The husband just called me crazy... DUH! Was there really ever any doubt?

BTW: We had chicken fingers and Tater Tots during the movie (yeah, hadn't eaten all day). You know how people always say, "tastes like chicken"? Well the chicken actually tasted like POPCORN! Perhaps I'm eating too much of this stuff on here!

Old 12-06-2008 | 08:50 AM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
I hear ya. I have to ask perfect strangers to get things off the top shelf for me in stores, or jump up and down and attempt the "knock down and catch" action. I have seen more than I care too of belts and/or love handles when in a large crowd and I hate always having to be in the front row of the group picture. Nearly every sweater or sweatshirt I own has the three inch thick rolled cuff look and pants should not have a train. Society is either going to have to go back to platform shoes or I have to find shorter friends to hang with. Now on the bright side, sometimes being pushed to the front so that I can see is nice and I never have problems with leg room on planes, trains or in cars. The seat being forward so that I can reach the pedals does make me seem driver friendly when I have guests in the back seat. When they tell me that they have plenty of room and I can move my seat back, I just say "oh no, I'm fine," and don't admit that if I did we would not be going anywhere as I would not be able to reach pedals. We all have our challenges but then again good things come in small packages, just like the MINI and the Mini.

Old 12-06-2008 | 09:05 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
I hear ya. I have to ask perfect strangers to get things off the top shelf for me in stores, or jump up and down and attempt the "knock down and catch" action. I have seen more than I care too of belts and/or love handles when in a large crowd and I hate always having to be in the front row of the group picture. Nearly every sweater or sweatshirt I own has the three inch thick rolled cuff look and pants should not have a train. Society is either going to have to go back to platform shoes or I have to find shorter friends to hang with. Now on the bright side, sometimes being pushed to the front so that I can see is nice and I never have problems with leg room on planes, trains or in cars. The seat being forward so that I can reach the pedals does make me seem driver friendly when I have guests in the back seat. When they tell me that they have plenty of room and I can move my seat back, I just say "oh no, I'm fine," and don't admit that if I did we would not be going anywhere as I would not be able to reach pedals. We all have our challenges but then again good things come in small packages, just like the MINI and the Mini.
Whenever someone else gets in my car it is the same exact way! I insist that it's all good but... anyway... it's always a good laugh. Almost like the passenger behind me is riding in an SUV! (Ok... maybe tiny exaggeration )

In all of my "American" cars I had to drive with pillows under my butt and behind my back. I am SO thankful for MINI (and would be even more thankful for a "FREE Mini" ) and my 6'5" husband (who has been dwarved by BigNorm) is thankful that we don't have the good 'ol bench seat!

OMG I have got to get off here and get some sh... stuff done.

And the saga continues...

Old 12-06-2008 | 09:26 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
this is so funny....this thread is all over the place....lol.....anyone wanna talk about different types of yard grass

Old 12-06-2008 | 09:41 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
this is so funny....this thread is all over the place....lol.....anyone wanna talk about different types of yard grass
Ok... last post for awhile. I'm leaving for a bit.

Since you asked... I have to have St. Augustine grass where I live and I hate it. I would prefer Bahia or Bermuda.

Ok bye. For real. I think.

PS As soon as Skillet gets his car all this fun will be over... but until then... .

Old 12-06-2008 | 09:56 AM
skillet
6th Gear
lol, this was perfect way to start my work day off with I say even after this is all done and over with we keep this thread going. This is awesome! To clear up a few things:

1. PM came in from Apple saying pics would be here today (Saturday), and to give her a call. Woman I talked to yesterday was her sister, but "grandma" had arrived with a right hand drive Mini.
2. Called this morning at 11:XXAM, no answer
3. Still no update (it's only 12:52 PM), so I can't really be upset...
4. Flights for Monday/Thursday are still $29.00!!

What's so crazy about a Christmas party

Old 12-06-2008 | 10:20 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
who do you fly with to get tickets at 30.00

Old 12-06-2008 | 11:06 AM
emu2swan
1st Gear
I've been reading this thread since day one, hanging on the edge of my seat.
What a funny bunch y'all are.
Skillet, I sincerely hope this comes to fruition for you. Take care.
Happy holidays everyone.

Old 12-06-2008 | 11:50 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Allegiant Air

Old 12-06-2008 | 12:55 PM
wearlaz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by skillet
Allegiant Air
Do they allow livestock and poultry on board? JUST KIDDING!

Best of luck with your Mini adoption!

Old 12-06-2008 | 02:03 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
Time for the nightly update. Can you stake out the house?

Old 12-06-2008 | 02:08 PM
OKMini
4th Gear
Skillet coming in for a landing on his $29 flight...

Still waiting...

Old 12-06-2008 | 02:15 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
i thought ValueJet went out of buisness....lol

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...