Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:09 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Wow, you guys are in page 91!!!

Sorry I haven't chimed in for awhile. With the grandbaby here it was crazy. Our oldest daughter came over from LA to meet her niece, so we had a full house again for a while.

I'd like to say that it's been a totally fun week, but like miniola I've got a crime story too. Unfortunately, it's because my dumb a$$ 17 year old got arrested for drug possession. It's a long, depressing story so I'll save you all from reading it. Needless to say he's on lock down until he's 18.

You guys haven't been giving Apple your credit card numbers have you?

So, do you guys think Will will just hang back until page 99, then sneak in for the Trifecta?

Cc I am sorry to hear about your stresses with your son. I have 2 sons and there were times,,,, boy oh boy,, were there times when I wanted to put them in foster care,,,,!! But they come around and start giving you blessings back and it is all worth it. Hang in there, like my husband says guys are missing vital parts til they are 30!!!

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:10 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
So miniola - we're still waiting for the busted crime-ring story! Don't pull an Apple on us and leave us hanging, just guessing...that might mean another 1,000 pages of this thread....
It's in storage.

My Grandma is visiting.

I'm on a diet and painting my toenails.

I'll try to get some pictures.

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:12 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Just in case anyone out there cares--- I am freezing today!! I just cannot seem to get warm enough. I know this will start the wamr weather friends a gloating but gosh I am tired of being cold and seeing grey sunless skies....
sorry.

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:16 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
It's in storage.

My Grandma is visiting.

I'm on a diet and painting my toenails.

I'll try to get some pictures.

I think it will be worth the wait,,, but if you delay too long?? Well, remember what CC was able to dredge up on Apple????? heh heh heh

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:23 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Brrr!!! It is cold here today. Even though the sun is out, it is only like 60 degrees! Almost too cold for my fingers to do any posting.

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:23 AM
miniola
6th Gear
You really want to read my long story?

In case y'all haven't noticed... I write long posts (even though I try really hard NOT to. )

BTW- Does anyone remember that in the beginning of this soap opera thread I said that someone always dies???

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! (It's the YEAR of the OX... but will the waving cow do?")

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:24 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Brrr!!! It is cold here today. Even though the sun is out, it is only like 60 degrees! Almost too cold for my fingers to do any posting.
Me too!

Old 01-26-2009 | 12:05 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

Old 01-26-2009 | 12:07 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
I've decided that it would be wise for me to NOT post a pic in the "Hot Guys with MINIs" thread. I'm too old to be hot; I'm just "incredibly handsome."

Old 01-26-2009 | 12:08 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Oh poop. I just now saw that the thread is "Handsome Guys in MINIs." Well, I don't have a pic of me in the MINI that I want to post anyway!

Old 01-26-2009 | 12:14 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I started a snowball fight with you, one more comment about you being cold and you really will get the snowballs i have stashed in the freeze...

go ahead post on the handsome guy thread, and seriously what is "too old"???? careful!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2009 | 12:18 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I've decided that it would be wise for me to NOT post a pic in the "Hot Guys with MINIs" thread. I'm too old to be hot; I'm just "incredibly handsome."
It's not "old," dear....it's "distinguished." And "incredibly handsome" is perfectly acceptable in that thread!! I think I'm going to start the "Goofy girls in MINIs." I could post my pics all day long in that one!

Old 01-26-2009 | 12:19 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I started a snowball fight with you, one more comment about you being cold and you really will get the snowballs i have stashed in the freeze...

go ahead post on the handsome guy thread, and seriously what is "too old"???? careful!!!!!!!
I can't get into a snowball fight with you; all I can throw back are rays of sunshine and warmth. But you'd like that, wouldn't you?

I guess I was thinking of "cute." I hate it when people say "oh, s/he's cute!" "Cute" is for puppies, kittens, and some children. So I know I am way beyond cute, and "hot" is for those without a bunch of wrinkles and the bodyfat I have. So I am too old for both of those, IMO.

Old 01-26-2009 | 12:24 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
as x uh ohx said, the word is "distinguished"...
now i vote to put your picture up!
anyone else???????

Old 01-26-2009 | 12:25 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
by the way, start throwing those rays of sunlight!!!! PLEASE

Old 01-26-2009 | 01:41 PM
sikamini
6th Gear

In case y'all haven't noticed... I write long posts (even though I try really hard NOT to. )

BTW- Does anyone remember that in the beginning of this soap opera thread I said that someone always dies???

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! (It's the YEAR of the OX... but will the waving cow do?")
Happy New Year!!

Old 01-26-2009 | 01:51 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

waiting....

Old 01-26-2009 | 01:54 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Come-on MC Will!! We want a pic! We want a pic!! It's the least tht you can do after taunting us with your rays of sunshine and too cold to type comments..... are you enjoying that second prize that you bilked away from the rest of us ???
miniola, I haven't ever noticed that your posts are too long....

hahahah no, really, all of your posts are extremely well written and witty I always think to myself " why can't I write like that" ?**?

Maybe if you give us the story like in 5 or 6 stages, a little bit on the first day and a little more on the second day and we are required to give you so many replies to get the next part of the story....then we make it to 100 pages and you don't have too write so much in one day and ----WE GET THE DING DONGED STORY!!!

x uh oh x, I loved your picture of your hubby,,, that was funny,, was he really that nervous? I guess I should drag my husband out to my MINI and snap a pic,,,,,

Old 01-26-2009 | 02:02 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Come-on MC Will!! We want a pic! We want a pic!! It's the least tht you can do after taunting us with your rays of sunshine and too cold to type comments..... are you enjoying that second prize that you bilked away from the rest of us ???
Ummm, the second prize has not been determined yet, so it has not arrived and thusly cannot be enjoyed. We're trying to determine what software Scooop has available to send that I don't already have.

Is this the thread where one of the women posted pics she photoshopped with her head (and the head of a man and an animal like a cat or dog) on people inside a MINI? I don't recall seeing pics of too many of us, so if you all want to provide a link to where you are on the "gorgeous girls" thread, then I'll get my pics posted pronto!

Old 01-26-2009 | 02:07 PM
Le Fraug
1st Gear
I saw "Frost/Nixon" too and didn't notice any minis.
I didn't see it yet.. but there is a red Mini and a blue wagon... (unless the scene got cut)

the red mini belongs to Ralph (ex-club pres) and Boris (ex-club vice pres)

Old 01-26-2009 | 02:29 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ummm, the second prize has not been determined yet, so it has not arrived and thusly cannot be enjoyed. We're trying to determine what software Scooop has available to send that I don't already have.

Is this the thread where one of the women posted pics she photoshopped with her head (and the head of a man and an animal like a cat or dog) on people inside a MINI? I don't recall seeing pics of too many of us, so if you all want to provide a link to where you are on the "gorgeous girls" thread, then I'll get my pics posted pronto!
this site would shut down if i posted a pic....

Old 01-26-2009 | 02:43 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gem, I have seen a pic of you!! You do very well for yourself, dear!!

MC Will, so you are a picky prize winner?? Is that what you are saying?
It was a Game Boy or software to a gameboy, right? so you already had most of that stuff?

I don't know about the gorgeous girls in minis but you really need to add to the handsome men in mini's.

seriously I am just "funnin" you,, sometimes there can be too much pressure to post a picture of yourself for your online peers,, you don't have to do ANYTHING that you don't want to!
What's important to me is that all of you guys and gals are considerate and funny and a heck of alot of fun to chat with....

Old 01-26-2009 | 02:47 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Le Fraug
I didn't see it yet.. but there is a red Mini and a blue wagon... (unless the scene got cut)

the red mini belongs to Ralph (ex-club pres) and Boris (ex-club vice pres)

Whew! Maybe the mini's didn't make the cut. I would like to think that I would have noticed, my obsession level with mini's/MINI's is pretty high at this point!
But I tell you, that was a very well scripted movie and I literally was glued to their faces so maybe a mini scuttled across the screen and I didn't see....I'd hate to think that tho.
But that is pretty cool that your friends got to be part of the filming..

Old 01-26-2009 | 03:04 PM
miniola
6th Gear
miniola, I haven't ever noticed that your posts are too long....

hahahah no, really, all of your posts are extremely well written and witty I always think to myself " why can't I write like that" ?**?

Maybe if you give us the story like in 5 or 6 stages, a little bit on the first day and a little more on the second day and we are required to give you so many replies to get the next part of the story....then we make it to 100 pages and you don't have too write so much in one day and ----WE GET THE DING DONGED STORY!!!

x uh oh x, I loved your picture of your hubby,,, that was funny,, was he really that nervous? I guess I should drag my husband out to my MINI and snap a pic,,,,,
OK... in parts sounds like a good way to go.

Are you sure?

CRIME FIGHTING COOPER... the MINI SERIES

So, as the story goes... it was around February/March 2007. The husband and I had a house that we were getting ready to sell. We had lived in it for two years and had rented it out for two. In hindsight, we'd wished we'd sold it earlier... but what can you do, right? As you may know, you can keep a property for five years and as long as you've lived in it as a primary residence for two of those five years... you do not have to pay capital gains.

It was after the peak of the market and there were several similar houses for sale in the neighborhood. The previous tenants had moved out and left it a bit undesireable. Anyway, we knew we had to make our house stand out above all competition (within reason of course) so we started doing lots of work. We hired someone to do the interior painting and hired someone to put in new granite counters in the kitchen and marble counters in the two bathrooms. We worked on putting in Brazillian Cherry wood floors and I made upholstered cornice boards to dress the doors and windows.

We spent several weekends over at the house and the '05 Chili Red MCSC was always in the driveway.

Killer suspense, 'eh?

Last edited by miniola; 01-28-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-26-2009 | 03:20 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Ooooohhhhh,, good start!! And then?? And then???

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...