Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009 | 07:25 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Cute.

Good night Gem!

Old 01-26-2009 | 07:31 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Anything looking more promising on the job front?
thanks for asking, nothing new yet... I am very confused on the actions of some... the interview i went on last Wednesday, the guy told me "thier requirements are identical to my resume"... so Thursday I sent an email thanking them for their time and thought i would hear some thing by today, but he never responded!!
But the one i really would like to get emailed me on Sunday (surprised) and said i should hear somehting by the end of this week and that i'm still high on their list. Since my calendar and their calendar is not the same (my first interviewed was early December) I don't expect to hear anything until next week at the earliest!
Oh well, i'm turning into Betty Crocker, tonight I made chocolate volcano's cupcakes for dessert! 16 of them there goes 7 more pounds! a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do!

Old 01-26-2009 | 07:33 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok now really going to bed!!
hahaha, i will catch up on part 2 of the story tomorrow morning!
Oh and snow, ice and rain tomorrow - sorry cabway.

Old 01-26-2009 | 07:37 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
thanks for asking, nothing new yet... I am very confused on the actions of some... the interview i went on last Wednesday, the guy told me "thier requirements are identical to my resume"... so Thursday I sent an email thanking them for their time and thought i would hear some thing by today, but he never responded!!
But the one i really would like to get emailed me on Sunday (surprised) and said i should hear somehting by the end of this week and that i'm still high on their list. Since my calendar and their calendar is not the same (my first interviewed was early December) I don't expect to hear anything until next week at the earliest!
Oh well, i'm turning into Betty Crocker, tonight I made chocolate volcano's cupcakes for dessert! 16 of them there goes 7 more pounds! a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do!
Sounds promising!

(Fingers and toes crossed)

Volcano cupcakes? Are you offering any to us or keeping them all?
Sure sounds yummy.

Ok... good night for real now ... this always happens to me too!

Old 01-26-2009 | 07:39 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
cabwy- I am not sure that there are enough people still here that would really care to hear... the rest of the story. (Did you hear the voice there?)
STOR-EE, STOR-EE, STOR-EE, STOR-EE (that was loud chanting if you couldn't tell.) Pretty puhleeeeeeze?

Old 01-26-2009 | 07:42 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
cabwy- I am not sure that there are enough people still here that would really care to hear... the rest of the story. (Did you hear the voice there?)
I'm still here and waiting for the rest of the story.

Old 01-26-2009 | 07:48 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I don't know... but the chant made me think of this...

I just realized I made it to 5th gear!

Old 01-26-2009 | 08:12 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I don't know... but the chant made me think of this...

I just realized I made it to 5th gear!

PROCRASTINATOR!!!!

Old 01-26-2009 | 11:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear
OK... in parts sounds like a good way to go.

Are you sure?

CRIME FIGHTING COOPER... the MINI SERIES

So, as the story goes... it was around February/March 2007. The husband and I had a house that we were getting ready to sell. We had lived in it for two years and had rented it out for two. In hindsight, we'd wished we'd sold it earlier... but what can you do, right? As you may know, you can keep a property for five years and as long as you've lived in it as a primary residence for two of those five years... you do not have to pay capital gains.

It was after the peak of the market and there were several similar houses for sale in the neighborhood. The previous tenants had moved out and left it a bit undesireable. Anyway, we knew we had to make our house stand out above all competition (within reason of course) so we started doing lots of work. We hired someone to do the interior painting and hired someone to put in new granite counters in the kitchen and marble counters in the two bathrooms. We worked on putting in Brazillian Cherry wood floors and I made upholstered cornice boards to dress the doors and windows.

We spent several weekends over at the house and the '05 Chili Red MCSC was always in the driveway.

Killer suspense, 'eh?

CRIME FIGHTING COOPER... the MINI SERIES (2)

I'm not much of a mystery writer but I am quite a "McGruff"... you know... that detective dog? (I don't look like him but I've got some mad skills and a mean sniffer! )

I think it's probably a Sunday night and we're wiped. Anyone that has done any kind of renovation work knows it can be hard. Thankfully the house was only about 4 years old so we didn't have lots to do. The Brazilian Cherry floors were nice and clicked together easy enough but the job took much longer than we had expected. My back hurt so much and I wreaked of Ben-Gay (yup... was old then too!). I had dried bits of caulking on my hands and under my fingernails... yeah, I know how to handle a caulking gun so that is MY job.

We decide that it's time to call it a night... I think it's around 8:30pm. The husband is bitchy and tired and wants to go home. We don't have any food in the house and we'd had Subway the night before... decision made... PIZZA! Leave the house and take the one new curvy road that splits our neighborhood from the Country Club and connects the two main roads. It's a very skinny road... no bike lane or anything and no entrance or exit points along it. It's not the fastest way but it's a short little fun twisty and there are almost always four deer around. I'm very good at spotting the deer and I always like to say hello!

The husband calls in the Pizza order for two... one cheese and one with all of the crap he likes on his. We get there and he goes in, picks up the two pizzas and we start to head back home. The top is up because it's a little chilly for top down motoring. He works hard to hold the two pizzas level because I freak out if he tips it and the cheese squishes all to one side.

Get back to the entrance of "the curvy road" and we're just a few minutes from home. OH, I can't wait to just get in the tub and clean up, eat and relax with my pain meds. Ahhhh...

Looking for the deer and over to the left I see weird lights. I'm quite perceptive and the lights don't look right. I drive this road all the time at night and think that I would remember seeing them at some point before. And they're moving! WTF? Are those HEADLIGHTS?!?! In the trees?!? The husband assures me that it's probably just lights on someone's car over in the park in our neighborhood. "Let's just go home", he says. His theory is plausible since there are some parts near the park where the depth of the trees is thinner. In the daytime I can see the covered picnic area and sometimes a roof or two. But the lights are moving in a really strange way... they are pointing up and pointing down and turning and I just say something's not right. AND BTW- this is not an area that's like "country woods"... this is a preserve area where a car shouldn't be... ever.

So I drive a little further down the road and decide that I'm going to stop and wait and see if I can figure out what's going on. I put the window down turn the car off and just leave the parking lights on. We're watching and it's very quiet. The headlights in the woods point up to the sky and then they level off. The car is coming up over a banked area and out of the woods and it's driving along the edge of the pond toward the road. They get to the edge of the road and stop. I think they see us! We're thinking what the hell are they doing in the woods?!?! I'm saying SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT!!. The car sits for a bit then creeps off the curb (so as not to pull off the exhaust I assume). They get on the road and start to slowly drive and they're heading the opposite way.

Quick discussion ensues between the husband and I and I tell him that I have really bad feelings about this. There's something going on. I'm thinking there could be someone that was being held down there or someone is dead and left out there... had no idea... just knew it probably wasn't "kids hanging out". It was too far off the road for it to be that. I felt like the cops needed to be called so they could check it out but I wanted to get a license plate number and a description of the car. I wanted to follow them.

The husband says, "You can get 'em! If you want to go LET'S GO!!". My concern is that I am one of the only MINI Coopers in the area... and I'd never seen another Chili Red one... I'm thinking I'd be pretty easy to find if they wanted to find me. But as soon as their car goes around the curve and their taillights disappear, I start the car... lights on... and due to the ability for the turn with a tight radius... IT'S GAME ON!!!!

Ok... enough for tonight.

Last edited by miniola; 01-28-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: had to be done
Old 01-26-2009 | 11:11 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
I'm here too! I love a good story.

I am MINIless tonight and depressed. My baby had a flat and I had to borrow another car until I can replace the tire. She got me home even though she was not feeling well. I have had the sensor go off before but tonight I could not reset it. It was after 8:00 pm and I was only a mile from my parents so MINI and I took it easy and motored on. When I got out and checked the tire I could squish it with my hand and it hot to the touch. I pulled the tire and looked for a nail or something else. I found nothing. I aired it back up and spritzed it with soapy water (no more tears baby shampoo). Guess what I found - a failed bead. The tire is leaking air about 1/3 of the way around the rim. Now to find someone in my area that carries them. The closest MINI dealer is almost three hours away. By searching the internet I think I found a place that carries them locally.

Unfortunately tomorrow I am in chambers all day so I my super Dad is going to check on it for me. He let me borrow his car. I have two cars but the Bug needs the clutch adjusted and can only be driven short distances so he is taking the Bug and loaned me his car. I had the clutch replaced on the Bug before Christmas and his "Doctor" has not had a chance to adjust the clutch cable. My Dad's car nearly did not fit into my garage! Both width and length are more than I am use to. I am going to need those wide-load flags tomrrow.

Gemgirlpa, you are going to have to start listing your recipes or start a mail order business so that we can buy your deserts online. I've shipped baked goods through UPS before for the holidays. We can be your regional sales people. We even have a MINI Cooper cookie cutter, that can be your trademark product! Of course we have to sample them to inorder to really be able to make the sales pitch from personal experience.

Well I am going to go cry myself to sleep and hug my MINI bulldog until I get my car back. Nite all.

Old 01-27-2009 | 05:17 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
CRIME FIGHTING COOPER... (2)

Ok... enough for tonight.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! McGruff, my DUFF!!! Ellery Queen more like!

Old 01-27-2009 | 05:20 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
I am MINIless tonight and depressed.

Gemgirlpa, you are going to have to start listing your recipes or start a mail order business so that we can buy your deserts online. I've shipped baked goods through UPS before for the holidays. We can be your regional sales people. We even have a MINI Cooper cookie cutter, that can be your trademark product! Of course we have to sample them to inorder to really be able to make the sales pitch from personal experience.

Well I am going to go cry myself to sleep and hug my MINI bulldog until I get my car back. Nite all.
Poor thing. Hope you get baby back soon. And I'm +1 on the "testing" for the sales pitch.

Old 01-27-2009 | 06:38 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
OMG!! Did I ever go to bed too early last night!! How will I catch up????!!!!???

Gem you are funny, here I was laughing about Holly and that caption, good thing I didn't throw her an email,,,she would think I am nuts, well let's just say it would be further proof...........
Your smiley dreaming of tropical weather hurt just a bit,,,, *sob* have you noticed the early snow already where you live? I have a client tonight at 6 pm,, if it is snowing like they predict ( and we know that is a 40 % correct call at best) I may just cancel it. She lives in area that is really hilly and twisty on back roads and I wouldn't be heading home til 8 pm...... hhhmmm

and remember that I am not that very far away,, I may show up on your doorstep with my desert bib on!! the job search process is oh so frustrating, my hubby has been up and down with it and has heard all of those lines too. He is working pretty steadily right now but soley as an IC-- it has it's downside but at least he is working and he takes the time weekly to look at job prospects which are about nil in his field!!

Kikimowse so you are mini-less?? I am so sorry,, but it sounds like it will be a quick fix? I want to know what do you do that you are in the chambers all day today?? Are you a judge or are you working with decompression chambers?? So many questions!!

'Ola this is such a great story!! You really have a knack for adding just enough suspence and mystery,,,, we want more!! we want more!! You lurkers out there just have to make some noise so she gets to part 3 today!!!! BTW you husband sounds like a really good sport,,, mine would have told me to mind my own business!! and most importatnly why you were sitting there and watching this car did you eat a piece of pizza? Di you husband keep the boxes fsteady and not moosch the cheese??

I know I have missed some of the other points addressed last night but I forget-- this has taken me an hour to finish - my phone keeps ringing and distracting me...

Old 01-27-2009 | 06:57 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Sure sounds yummy.
not sure what happened here, sorry folks, getting coffee now!

Last edited by gemgirlpa; 01-27-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2009 | 06:58 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Sure sounds yummy.
I'm sorry - where were my manners? coffee and chocolate volcano cupcakes at my place in 1/2 hour!!

Last edited by gemgirlpa; 01-27-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-27-2009 | 07:20 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Kiki- you may be on to something here, my next occupation?? maybe??? i love to bake, cooking not so much but love to bake, my signature pie, a Peaches and Cream pie, everytime i make it - if we have guests over, there is never any left! I sent one into my hubby's work and one guy just took the whole thing and ate it!!!
hum, sales people?? hum, kiki should we talk? Oh and you have a mini cookie cutter?? where did you find that and how do i get one???

Ola, wow your husband is a great supporter! BUT WE WANT MORE!!! TELL US MORE...

Cab, we know you are crazy, but hey htat is why we love you! come on up and have a cupcake and some coffee. do you have clients around the Perkiomen area?

X UH- another sales person, great your all hired!!!

Old 01-27-2009 | 07:38 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Kiki- you may be on to something here, my next occupation?? maybe??? i love to bake, cooking not so much but love to bake, my signature pie, a Peaches and Cream pie, everytime i make it - if we have guests over, there is never any left! I sent one into my hubby's work and one guy just took the whole thing and ate it!!!
hum, sales people?? hum, kiki should we talk? Oh and you have a mini cookie cutter?? where did you find that and how do i get one???

X UH- another sales person, great your all hired!!!

You can get the cookie cutters from www.coolministuff.com or www.ubermini.com ....the one I got from ubermini, though, came apart before I even used it. I can put it back together, though. And I volunteer for taste testing FIRST. Sales next. If there's any left....

Old 01-27-2009 | 08:13 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
You can get the cookie cutters from www.coolministuff.com or www.ubermini.com ....the one I got from ubermini, though, came apart before I even used it. I can put it back together, though. And I volunteer for taste testing FIRST. Sales next. If there's any left....
Deal- come on over, still cupcakes left.

thanks for the cookie cutter info, won't hubby be surprised next week to come home to mini cookies!
I can only make one fattening dessert a week.

Old 01-27-2009 | 08:19 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Gem Your smiley dreaming of tropical weather hurt just a bit,,,, *sob* have you noticed the early snow already where you live? I have a client tonight at 6 pm,, if it is snowing like they predict ( and we know that is a 40 % correct call at best) I may just cancel it. She lives in area that is really hilly and twisty on back roads and I wouldn't be heading home til 8 pm...... hhhmmm

and remember that I am not that very far away,, I may show up on your doorstep with my desert bib on!! the job search process is oh so frustrating, my hubby has been up and down with it and has heard all of those lines too. He is working pretty steadily right now but soley as an IC-- it has it's downside but at least he is working and he takes the time weekly to look at job prospects which are about nil in his field!!
sorry the deaming of tropical weather was supposed to cheer you up, it was better then one of these...

I ran out this morning and did what i needed to do, cuss i'm not taking NUG out in the ice!
Good luck to your hubby too!

Old 01-27-2009 | 08:33 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Cupcakes! Did I miss out on food!

Old 01-27-2009 | 09:20 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Cupcakes! Did I miss out on food!
nope didn't miss out, still have some left! com on over!

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:51 AM
MINI-IZED
2nd Gear
Darn, I came back to late to post "and now page two..."

Oh well, that's ok. I am ready for more!!

How many cupcake calories do you think we can burn reading miniola's story?

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:51 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Someone let me know when miniola posts the next installment!

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:57 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
I'm here too! I love a good story.

I am MINIless tonight and depressed. My baby had a flat and I had to borrow another car until I can replace the tire. She got me home even though she was not feeling well. I have had the sensor go off before but tonight I could not reset it. It was after 8:00 pm and I was only a mile from my parents so MINI and I took it easy and motored on. When I got out and checked the tire I could squish it with my hand and it hot to the touch. I pulled the tire and looked for a nail or something else. I found nothing. I aired it back up and spritzed it with soapy water (no more tears baby shampoo). Guess what I found - a failed bead. The tire is leaking air about 1/3 of the way around the rim. Now to find someone in my area that carries them. The closest MINI dealer is almost three hours away. By searching the internet I think I found a place that carries them locally.

Unfortunately tomorrow I am in chambers all day so I my super Dad is going to check on it for me. He let me borrow his car. I have two cars but the Bug needs the clutch adjusted and can only be driven short distances so he is taking the Bug and loaned me his car. I had the clutch replaced on the Bug before Christmas and his "Doctor" has not had a chance to adjust the clutch cable. My Dad's car nearly did not fit into my garage! Both width and length are more than I am use to. I am going to need those wide-load flags tomrrow.

So sad for you! Glad you have someone that lives nearby that can help with alternate transportation! Were you able to find a new tire? We ordered ours from either Tire Rack or Discount Tire... anyway... they were delivered the next day!

You have a BUG too?!?

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:58 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! McGruff, my DUFF!!! Ellery Queen more like!
At least I gave you SOMETHING... callin' me a procrastinator...

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...