Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN) Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (C.O.R.N.) club forum.

Awesome info on the new JCW Edition Cooper S and Clubman S!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Sithor
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome info on the new JCW Edition Cooper S and Clubman S!

Steve G. my MA forwarded this info on the new JCW option package that you can start adding to your Cooper S Hardtop or Cooper S Clubman in June. The price is hefty at $7,350 but includes alot. Here is the info:

[FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeHeadline-Bold][SIZE=4]John Cooper Works prices
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=MINITypeHeadline-Bold][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=MINITypeHeadline-Bold][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]
Preliminary pricing has been announced for the 208-hp John[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]Cooper Works models. With destination, the Hardtop will[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]check in at $29,200* and the Clubman is slated to retail for[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]$31,450*. Production starts in June and the cars go on sale[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]July 17[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=1]th[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]. You can start ordering from your April allocation.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]So, if you’re good with math and MINI history, this price[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]represents a $7,350 jump from the current Cooper S, which is[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]more than what we used to charge for the factory-installed $6,000 JCW kit on the previous-generation R53. So[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]where does the extra $1,350 go? Well, let’s do the math, shall we? For the new John Cooper Works car, you get the[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]following over the older car-[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=SymbolMT][SIZE=2]
• [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]DSC (previously a $500 mandatory option with 3AL)
[/FONT][/SIZE]

• [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]Lightweight 17-inch Challenge Spoke Alloys (previously, 17s were a mandatory $750 option for 3AL)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]So there’s the instant $1.250 value. Now look at how much you get for just $100 more-
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]
[/FONT][/SIZE]

• [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) with EDLC (Electronic Differential Lock Control) ($500 value)
[/FONT][/SIZE]

• [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]Massive 12.4” front brakes with four-piston Brembo calipers and larger 11.0” brakes in back (Big bucks)
[/FONT][/SIZE]

• [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]Premium interior trim - Piano Black dash and Anthracite headliner ($250 each = $500 value)
[/FONT][/SIZE]

• [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]Badging throughout, gray gauges, 160-mph speedometer, red stitching on shift boot and brake handle and[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]a red-illuminated **** (Cha-ching!)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]So once you lay it all out, the value in the new John Cooper Works models make a lot of sense for the hardcore MINI[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]enthusiast and represents newfound value. I’m just worried that I won’t be able to outdo this packaging in the[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]future but for now, let’s run with it! Oh yeah, don’t forget to drive home MINI’s high resale value, Free Full[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]Maintenance program, Roadside Assistance and New Vehicle Warranty. They are all unmatched in this segment.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]Again, we want to make note that the John Cooper Works accessories that you will be seeing in the marketing[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]materials are not included in the base price (such as the John Cooper Works Aero Kit shown above.) However, this is[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]a great time for your team to effectively showcase these components once your display cars are in place,[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]It’s a scuttle-but not the right one.
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=1]
*MSRP includes $650 destination charge.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]© 2008 MINI, a division of BMW of North America, LLC[/FONT][/SIZE]

[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeHeadline-Bold][SIZE=4]
Factory Aero Kit updated for late 2008
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=MINITypeHeadline-Bold][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]
The factory aero kit (7AR) on the R56 has been[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]updated. It looks like it will come this September for[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]the start of the 2009 model year for both the Cooper[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]and Cooper S models. The wheel arches will come[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]matched to the body color and your roof and mirror[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]color choices are not affected as those rules stay the[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]same. For instance, you can build a Chili Red car like[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]this one shown here. Finally, the look is complete!
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeHeadline-Bold][SIZE=4]
Vinnie’s Daily drivers and how they influence MINI usa
[/FONT][/SIZE]

When gas was $1.25 a gallon, I never gave much thought as to how many liquefied lizards I was consuming.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]Like many Americans, the cost of keeping my four-wheeled friend happily fed was of little concern back in[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]1998. After a quick $40 fill-up, I’d drive 300 miles to a tank in my 1984 Suburban, which served as my[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]commuter five days a week for about a year. Based on those calculations, I averaged 9.4 mpg with the[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]carbureted 350 small block.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]Fuel prices were the last thing on my mind as exuberant convenience took precedence over rational thinking.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]After sucking the life out of me in nickel and dime increments, I decided it was time to get something that was[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]better on gas and didn’t make me smell like a gas can each time I drove it. From that moment on, I began to[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]realize what mattered to me, the environment and ultimately, our MINI customers. Nowadays, I average 27.3[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]mpg with my R56. That’s close to a 300% improvement in fuel economy and best of all, I now smell like[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]Lounge Leather and get more time to slap that Snooze button silly before I drag myself to work.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]The next time a prospective MINI customer touches on the subject of fuel economy, encourage your sales[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]team to find out what they used to drive and how much fuel they went through. The conversation could be[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular]quite fascinating. Good times ahead for us at MINI.
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Bold][SIZE=4]
LET’S MOTOR.
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Bold]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=1]®
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]
1998: 2008:
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by Sithor; 03-27-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Thanks for the information but your post is almost impossible to read with all of the
[SIZE=1][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=MINITypeRegular-Regular][SIZE=2]

Cut and paste leaves nasty residue!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:01 AM
edijak
2nd Gear
Whaaaaat??? Shish-that's mouthful of Regular Size sumpin or other???

Old 03-28-2008, 06:37 AM
bluesmini
6th Gear
ouch, my eyes hurt.