DC Metro MINIs (Archive) The old DC Metro MINIs club forum, now closed. Visit their new forums at www.dcmetrominis.org/forums

New Member here

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 07:59 PM
BrtshRceGr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member here

Greetings everyone!

I'm a new club member, and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian Gallo, and I'm a freshman at George Washington in DC, and yes, I absolutely could not think of spending a year away from home without my MINI, so it's here with me. Hopefully some of you don't think I'm TOO crazy...

I'm originally from Bay Village, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, and I was involved with a pretty active club up there. I'm looking forward to any rallies, track time, or just get-togethers that you guys do, and it seems like there's some nice roads around here for motoring!

I guess that's about it, let me know if you have any questions, and my e-mail is bgallo@gwu.edu.

Cheers, and Happy Motoring!

Brian

Old 09-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard my friend!!:smile: And good luck with school. We moved to CA from that area last year....you'll love it...

Check out www.dcmetrominis.org - it's the local club there. Great club to join - very active and lots of great people...

Also, keep an eye on this forum. Events are posted here as well....:smile:

Chow!

Donna

Old 09-24-2004, 04:27 AM
Paul!
6th Gear
Welcome!

First of all though, we would think that you were crazy if you DID spend a year away from your MINI!!

The DC Metro MINIs club is very active around here, and like Donna said, it's full of good people. I'm relatively new to the club, and I already feel like that I've been part for years!

If you want to meet a bunch of us, can you come to Tate MINI (it's just outside of Annapolis, about an hours drive from DC) this Saturday? Details are in this thread.

Hope to motor with ya soon!

-Paul!

Old 09-24-2004, 04:31 AM
Jen
6th Gear
Hi Brian. Welcome aboard.

We have events the next two weekends on Saturday if you feel like coming out.

This weekend at Tate MINI in Annapolis we are having a car show and BBQ - weather looks good. There is a thread on this forum about it.

The following weekend, we are getting a "behind the scenes" look into a working garage specializing in MINIs and learning how to change out oil and brake pads at Glenelg Service Center in Glenwood MD. Again, there is a thread here with all the information.

We meet every third Saturday at Tate MINI for breakfast and typically get together once per month for dinner.

I work down the street from GW at the Four Seasons, and I have been thinking we should do a "lunch in Georgetown" someday to see if we can round up all the MINIs I see daily in the area.

Jen

Old 09-24-2004, 05:25 AM
3neMini
1st Gear
Welcome.....I work on Wisconsin Avw at Sidwell friends:smile:

Old 09-24-2004, 08:24 AM
NekoWoman
5th Gear
Location: Fulltime RVer - R53 towed behind a vintage 1979 35' MCI MC-5C Saudi
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, Brian!

Come out and play as you as your studies allow... Bring a friend! The more the merrier!

Deb

Old 10-01-2004, 01:16 PM
BrtshRceGr
1st Gear
Thanks for the welcome....I'm going to the Orioles game tomorrow so I can't make the tech session, but I can't wait for the next event.

....and I'm glad ya'll don't think I'm crazy for bringing my MINI!!!

Cheers

Brian