DC Metro MINIs (Archive) The old DC Metro MINIs club forum, now closed. Visit their new forums at www.dcmetrominis.org/forums

MTTS info

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Scavenger
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got a sticker!!!

"The MINI TransAmerican Motortastic Road Trip to End All Road Trips Rally"

Old 08-04-2006, 08:41 AM
CooperCops
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xcaligali
I plan to do the Charlotteville to DC leg however I don't plan to stop at KD. Is anyone else skipping KD?
We're also gonna skip the KD stop.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:01 AM
JustJAY
6th Gear
We to are skipping KD. Just don't want to deal with the traffic on 95. Got our MTTS "kit" today Still haven't received the "Black Box" though.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
lastrega
6th Gear
[quote=JustJAY]
Still haven't received the "Black Box" though.
Which Black Box.. the one w/ the secret code? I am told for that one only new MINI owners are receiving it, like only new owners received their Welcome Box. But, I am not sure...

MD STREGA2

Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
MINInurse
Nationally Known Nurse
Originally Posted by JustDandy
Is it still just 3 hours if you take Skyline Drive? I was figuring 4 - 5 given the non-directness and non-highway speeds.

On the KD thing - I saw that, too, about first-come, first-served. But I've got to think that MINI wouldn't want to wind up with it's MTTS participants showing up from Charlottesville and not getting some of the tickets. (I imagine, with 500 tickets, I'm probably worried about nothing).

john
Are you thinking of driving down to Cville through Skyline? I was just going to go the straight route and take 66 to 29 and go down there that way. It is just a straight shot, even quicker I think. I went to school down there and C-ville is 45 minutes north of that school, so it is really easy to get to. I was planning on just taking the scenic roads to come home with the crew.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:56 PM
kgdblu
6th Gear
got my MTTS package today! cool stuff

Old 08-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Frankie323
1st Gear
Got the MTTS goodie bag in the mail - awesome stuff! I'm wearing my bracelet to the law firm I work at pretty much daily haha. I had to explain it to the attorneys, but as soon as they understood it was for Frankie, they all just laughed and thought it was cool : )

--Karen

Old 08-05-2006, 05:41 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniNurse
Are you thinking of driving down to Cville through Skyline? I was just going to go the straight route and take 66 to 29 and go down there that way. It is just a straight shot, even quicker I think. I went to school down there and C-ville is 45 minutes north of that school, so it is really easy to get to. I was planning on just taking the scenic roads to come home with the crew.
That's what I thought. I'm going to take the scenic way down because I'm coming back via KD. Oh well...

Old 08-05-2006, 05:41 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Where is everyone staying? Does anyone know if the cheaper hotels are within walking distance of the main hotel/headquarters?

Old 08-05-2006, 10:35 PM
MINInurse
Nationally Known Nurse
Anyone wanting to go down to C-ville on Friday with us? We are going to leave probably 12n/1p and are going to go down rte 29 (straight shot to C-ville)? Let me know, and we can motor together!

Old 08-06-2006, 07:25 AM
jrgaston
1st Gear
Where are people staying?

Janie and I have reservations at the Hamton Inn on Friday night. It was one of the two places on the web site.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:15 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
I will be staying at:
Mariott in Charleston
Omni Charlottesville
Palomar Hotel in DC
Doubletree in Jersey City
Mountain Cabins near Lime Rock

Old 08-07-2006, 08:24 AM
xcaligali
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mmatarella
Yes, I thougth the Skyline drive route would be more fun motoring wise than the whole 95 thing. I for one will skip KD

Yeah, I was at KD this weekend and I doubt I will be returning. The traffic on 95 was annoying and the park ... well, lets just say I was not impressed.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by xcaligali
Yeah, I was at KD this weekend and I doubt I will be returning. The traffic on 95 was annoying and the park ... well, lets just say I was not impressed.
You would have been more "impressed" (OK, maybe just "pressed"... against your seat) if you actually rode on the "big" coasters

Old 08-07-2006, 01:34 PM
RHinaHBMCSC
4th Gear

Hey Everyone! Just joined DCMM today, but I registered for MTTS and received my kit on Friday. My husband and I will be driving down to Cville on 9/1 but probably later in the afternoon and staying at the Doubletree in Cville, it was listed on MINIUSA. We will be leaving from DC/Arl, Va if anyone is interested, not sure how we will be going down though...I'm sure I95S is going to be a mess as usual.

But I'm happy just be be going!! Wendy

Old 08-07-2006, 04:01 PM
kgdblu
6th Gear
Hey Wendy..welcome to the club

Old 08-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Scavenger
6th Gear
Unless I've missed it, I haven't found any "Coordination Points" posted yet. I'll be settling on a place to stay in Charlottesville soon. I may or may not stay at or near a hotel of some of you all, but I would like to know ~generally~ where to meet up when we hit the road. Also, have not seen the "TBD" location for the BBQ yet. This also applies to the remaining legs/days.

I'm not trying to pester anyone, and if the club needs any assistance collecting a schedule and posting it somewhere (NAM or dcmetrominis.org) let me know, I could lend a hand.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:35 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
I have to talk to MiniNurse, but we are NOT taking 95 there or back. We will be taking 66 there and Skyline back. Forget 95, it is horrible anytime.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
ssallykat
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Scavenger
Unless I've missed it, I haven't found any "Coordination Points" posted yet. I'll be settling on a place to stay in Charlottesville soon. I may or may not stay at or near a hotel of some of you all, but I would like to know ~generally~ where to meet up when we hit the road. Also, have not seen the "TBD" location for the BBQ yet. This also applies to the remaining legs/days.

I'm not trying to pester anyone, and if the club needs any assistance collecting a schedule and posting it somewhere (NAM or DCMM.org) let me know, I could lend a hand.
GOOD IDEA!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 05:05 AM
RHinaHBMCSC
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kgdblu
Hey Wendy..welcome to the club
Thanks, can't wait to start participating in the DCMM events.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Jen
6th Gear
Hello

Some good news and some bad news on MTTS.

Let's get the bad overwith first.

MINI of Towson won't be able to sponsor a Sunday morning event with us. It was just too much work and too hard to find somewhere to park +/- 500 MINIs in a short time. There are not too many places around them that fit the bill and are close to 95. The one that would have been perfect (Ripken Stadium) did not work out.

A big thanks to the folks at MINI of Towson for wanting to be part of this event and trying so hard!

MINIUSA is working on Plan B for the starting point for the Sunday morning drvie.

MINI of Sterling has been successful for the Saturday night event. We're going to a National's Game! They have 500 parking spaces at RFK arranged. We'll tailgate and hit the game together. There will be a per person charge for this (which I do not know yet) and they are waiting for confirmation on the total number of game tickets that will be held for MTTS. (It should be very close to if not over 500)

Exact time and details will be forthcoming and MINIUSA hopes to get this up on the web site before the kick off of the drive in California.

I will start a new thread once I have all the details and we will get it up on the DC Metro MINIs web page too.

Now, the game is at 7:00 pm. I would like to plan a DCMM led driving tour of DC (hitting the major sites) for post game and probably ending in the neighborhood of the host hotel. The route needs to be kind of self serve - because with traffic lites we won't be able to keep a group together. Especially if even 1/4 of the total cars come. Anyone up for putting this together and giving it a test run (at night) sometime between now and the end of August? We can combine with some bar hopping.....

Old 08-08-2006, 06:53 PM
MINInurse
Nationally Known Nurse
We're looking into an alternate alternate route from DC to JC. Don't want to go up to Gettysburg nor sit on 95, but are looking for some fun twisties! So stay tuned for that as well...
From W DC to JC NJ by JJ and MN. will get this to you ASAP (STAT!!) RTE TBA for MTTS!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Scavenger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniNurse
We're looking into an alternate alternate route from DC to JC. Don't want to go up to Gettysburg nor sit on 95, but are looking for some fun twisties! So stay tuned for that as well...
From W DC to JC NJ by JJ and MN. will get this to you ASAP (STAT!!) RTE TBA for MTTS!
Yeh! We found some interesting roads on the map last night . If you're coming to MBTB3, bring an atlas... or laptop! Maybe we can go over some stuff.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:23 AM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Yeh! We found some interesting roads on the map last night . If you're coming to MBTB3, bring an atlas... or laptop! Maybe we can go over some stuff.
Can't go to MBTB3. Got to paint! Moving in on Monday!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
andrsncpr
Coordinator :: River City Minis
Hey, I was just looking to see who was going from DC, and I saw this. I grew
up in new jersey (jackson). If you have any questions, I might be able to help out. Hope to see you all in Charlottesville.

Quick Reply: MTTS info