DC Metro MINIs (Archive) The old DC Metro MINIs club forum, now closed. Visit their new forums at www.dcmetrominis.org/forums

MTTS DC to NJ Alternate Route

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:33 AM
B&D
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by minitothemax
I also have some nice backroad ideas but we can only do so much. In an effort to actually arrive in Jersey City before the party starts

-Dan
INTERESTING FACT - Acccording to the MTTS official site, the "Wrap Party" in Jersey City will be taking place from 2:00pm until 9:00pm on Sunday.

It would be cool if we can get there "somewhat" on time, considering all the S.W.A.G., events, and MINI related happenings that MINI USA has been doing/planning all along the MTTS route...

-B

Old 09-01-2006, 03:38 AM
cycleguru
4th Gear
Not to mention B, How long its going to take you to clean the Wikked one.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:40 AM
Jerseygirl
5th Gear
Minitothemax, you're coming to Nutts? Cool! Haven't seen you for quite a while.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:21 AM
clarkdr81
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bluminiboy
so no backroads to philly? if ne one needs someone to lead backroads from Bmore to philly, i can do it. i know the scenic route.

i will be running wit u guys whichever route we take.
Yea, we were originally going to just go up US Rt 1. Although its more scenic than 95, I figured it would just end up taking more time. Its not like Rt 1 is a really exciting road to drive on anyway. So I figured we should get up to Its Nutts as quickly as possible and then we'll have more time to run on some of the great roads that cooper girl has planned for us And isn't the whole point to really hit some great twisties?

Old 09-01-2006, 07:26 AM
sprp85
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The important thing to keep in mind is!

Are we getting there on time (to the Jersey City). And how many are going (at least a brief number)

Old 09-01-2006, 07:37 AM
rough68fish
3rd Gear
thinking of doing this

IIs everyone planning on staying over somewhere up there? I would love to join in but I would have to drive back to Frederick same night. Anyone else making it a 1 day round trip?

Old 09-01-2006, 07:38 AM
krolyat
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rough68fish
IIs everyone planning on staying over somewhere up there? I would love to join in but I would have to drive back to Frederick same night. Anyone else making it a 1 day round trip?
We plan to do a one day round trip.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:46 AM
clarkdr81
6th Gear
It should be very doable as a one-day round trip back to the DC area. We will try to arrive in Jersey City around 3pm. The party goes until 9. So if you leave by 8 or 9, you could make it back to DC by 1 or 2am.

SPRP 85, I took an informal count and so far we have about 18 cars committed (some will join us enroute). I expect that we will have more than that though, probably about 25-30.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:14 AM
bluminiboy
8th Gear
one day trip for me, back to bmore.

yea, rt. 1 is scenic not that twisty. the only thing it's good for sometimes is missing some traffic. i have no problems using the 9-5 the first half of the leg.

the better part is since you guys are takin 95 up, can i join you in the middle as you're passing bmore, cuz i live right off of 95 on the southwest corner of 695. Might be easier for me than goin down to dc and then coming right back up to my house. Anybody i know runnin this run, if so pm me. so then maybe i could call you guys and see where you are exactly and just bump into everyone.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:26 AM
sprp85
6th Gear
I will tag along!

Plus, I will be heading down there from my GF's house which is in Germantown so people from Frederick may head down to DC together!

Old 09-01-2006, 10:41 AM
JDM
2nd Gear
It's looking like Sagworks and I are most probably going to join you on this leg, though we're not sure if we'll be 1 MINI or 2. Two people either way though. The two of will also be bailing out after Jersey City things are done and heading home Sunday night.

What's the planned departure route out of DC? NY Avenue to 295 to 95? Since both 295 and 95 go past us, we're thinking about joining you en route.

bluminiboy, I have to confess I too was a tad disappointed to see the Maryland drive be highway, since we've got some really great roads to drive here. But I'm also looking forward to learning some new roads from our NJ & PA friends, and besides, it gives us an excuse to have them down for a good MD run at a later date.

-James

Old 09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
bluminiboy
8th Gear
always! also now we can have a JC to DC run on the same day! for those of us who are going back the same day.

anyone looking to ride shotgun?

Old 09-01-2006, 11:20 AM
clarkdr81
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JDM
It's looking like Sagworks and I are most probably going to join you on this leg, though we're not sure if we'll be 1 MINI or 2. Two people either way though. The two of will also be bailing out after Jersey City things are done and heading home Sunday night.

What's the planned departure route out of DC? NY Avenue to 295 to 95? Since both 295 and 95 go past us, we're thinking about joining you en route.

bluminiboy, I have to confess I too was a tad disappointed to see the Maryland drive be highway, since we've got some really great roads to drive here. But I'm also looking forward to learning some new roads from our NJ & PA friends, and besides, it gives us an excuse to have them down for a good MD run at a later date.

-James
The plan for leaving DC is from P Street to go south on 23rd, take a right on M Street, cross the Key Bridge and then head north on the GW Parkway connecting onto the Beltway. I realize this route is not the most direct but its fairly simple and will minimize the risk of us all getting separated and lost (for those who aren't as familiar with DC). It will also keep us from having to trek all the way across the city. Let me me know where you might want to meet up with us JDM and we'll arrange something so you can join us enroute if you'd like.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:44 AM
minitothemax
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Minitothemax, you're coming to Nutts? Cool! Haven't seen you for quite a while.
Yes Robyn. I will be there! I have been PM'ing Alli and Dan with my plans to join the group in Delaware. It doesn't seem like you are going to Jersey City, Why not? I think I read somewhere that you are going to Watkins Glen next week. That's great, I love it up there! Also I'm going to meet up with BB before heading up to Lime Rock! See ya soon.
-Dan

Old 09-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Jerseygirl
5th Gear
Yes! We will be heading up to Watkins Glen next weekend, but in the Volvo not the MINI. We're meeting up with Charlie/Joan and Bill/Patty once we get up there.

OK, back on topic... Nope, not going to Jersey City. We're just going to tag along for a bit of the drive after everyone leaves Nutts.

See you on Sunday!

Old 09-02-2006, 01:30 PM
clarkdr81
6th Gear
Important Announcement

We just got word that the MTTS departure location will be at lot 7 at RFK Stadium. This will be the official MINIUSA meeting spot and those who wish to join us on the alternate route should meet us there as well. Please let me know if you would like to come along by sending me a PM. See you all there!

Old 09-02-2006, 06:58 PM
sprp85
6th Gear
Originally Posted by clarkdr81
We just got word that the MTTS departure location will be at lot 7 at RFK Stadium. This will be the official MINIUSA meeting spot and those who wish to join us on the alternate route should meet us there as well. Please let me know if you would like to come along by sending me a PM. See you all there!
Wow.. u gotta be kidding me. 7 am?!?!

Old 09-02-2006, 06:59 PM
benzamg
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sprp85
Wow.. u gotta be kidding me. 7 am?!
Lot 7, I think they are leaving at 8am? See everyone there.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:01 PM
sprp85
6th Gear
Originally Posted by benzamg
Lot 7, I think they are leaving at 8am? See everyone there.
O SNAP LOL!
Thank you for correcting me

Sounds alot better now. So EVERYONE, even the ones who's taking alternate route should meet at the RFK stadium???

Old 09-02-2006, 08:02 PM
MINInurse
Nationally Known Nurse
Originally Posted by sprp85
O SNAP LOL!
Thank you for correcting me

Sounds alot better now. So EVERYONE, even the ones who's taking alternate route should meet at the RFK stadium???
The departure place is RFK. At the hotel, there is NOOOOOO parking!!!!

Old 09-02-2006, 08:03 PM
miniglenn
2nd Gear
Website says the morning rally point is from 7-9am, but 9 am may not necessarilily be the planned departure time...

Old 09-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
I am expecting that none of the "groups" will be actually leaving until 9am, just like it was in Charlottesville. The "official activities" will need to be fully appreciated first, especially for those just joining us tomorrow!

Old 09-02-2006, 08:28 PM
sprp85
6th Gear
So we are all heading to the Exchange Pl. at JErsey City??

Old 09-03-2006, 10:17 PM
bluminiboy
8th Gear
Thanks to all for making the alternate route possible! Definately worth doing even if we couldn't get all the roads we wanted to. Never seen that many MINI's in one place.

It was good meeting everyone, i had a lot of fun! Nutts was pretty cool too.

On the way, thanks to the Italian Job crew for the run back to MD the same nite. You guys know who you are!

Congrats to Lastrega on your new GP! Thanks for letting me sit in it and check it out. I like it!

Sorry i couldn't stay, guys. Had to get back to the hood.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Jerseygirl
5th Gear
Greetings from one of your friendly Nutts parking lot attendants! Well, we did it. We crammed 46 cars into Nutts parking lot... and the adjacent business... and the post office and actually had room to spare!

I'm sorry that I didn't have more shirts made up for everyone, but that's pretty much all the shirts I had available (and I wasn't expecting 46 cars)!!!

I heard quite a few people were disappointed they didn't get one. So.... If anyone would like one of the shirts that I had made, here's the deal. I'll make more, but I'm going to ask that you at least cover my costs.

Shirt + Shipping to your house: $9.50
Shirt + delivery when I see you at a local event in NJ or PA: $5.50

Bear in mind the thread colors will remain the same two shades of blue. With that said, the available shirt colors can be seen HERE:

If you'd like a shirt, please Paypal the appropriate amount to robyn AT njbaglady DOT com. Specify: shirt color & size (S, M, L, XL) when you send payment.

If I get a lot of requests, please bear with me. It will take some time to get to everyone.

Quick Reply: MTTS DC to NJ Alternate Route