Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 AM
dlanolin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please

Hi,

I need some help. I have a 2004 Mini with sport seats and they are the black/gray leatherette. A small tear has appeared on the driver side and I wanted to know if there was any product on the market for me to patch it with. I know they sell leather ones, but didn't know if they would work for the leatherette. I don't want to have to replace the entire seat, does anyone have any suggestions? Let me know, thanks!!!

Bests,
Marik

Old 05-22-2008, 09:24 AM
rc'S
5th Gear
Food for thought, a kit like this might work, if not take it an upholstery shop specializing in autos. They can replace the panel.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rc'S
Food for thought, a kit like this might work, if not take it an upholstery shop specializing in autos. They can replace the panel.
ummmmm... link please?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Jughead
4th Gear
The upholstery shop can be expensive. My boss got a quote to fix his leatherette seats in his Audi and the shop wanted $270. Covers & Interiors in Highland Park.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:28 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was browsing PlastiDip's website today after seeing a person use it to paint his headlight rings. While at the site, I found a product that's for repairing vinyl.

Thought it was kind of intriguing.

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/VLP

Leather & Vinyl Repair
VLP is a clear, high strength, flexible adhesive, designed for leather and vinyl repair to mend small rips, tears and holes on most types of vinyl & leather material. A repair made with VLP is stronger than the original vinyl or leather material. This air dry formula dries clear and blends with colored materials and is easy to use. VLP actually dissolves the surface of the vinyl creating an excellent bond.

or

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Vyna_Bond

Originally Posted by dlanolin
Hi,

I need some help. I have a 2004 Mini with sport seats and they are the black/gray leatherette. A small tear has appeared on the driver side and I wanted to know if there was any product on the market for me to patch it with. I know they sell leather ones, but didn't know if they would work for the leatherette. I don't want to have to replace the entire seat, does anyone have any suggestions? Let me know, thanks!!!

Bests,
Marik