Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Stoners Invisible Glass

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:29 PM
lwr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stoners Invisible Glass and Cleaning Supplies

Where can one find Stoners Invisible Glass? It's been mentioned so much here that I'd like to try it. :smile:

Which is better Stoners Invisible Glass or Einszett Glass Cleaner?

Also, which microfiber towels are the best for cleaning window glass?

Last edited by lwr; 07-26-2004 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Panganiban
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by lwr
Where can one find Stoners Invisible Glass? It's been mentioned so much here that I'd like to try it. :smile:

Pep Boys has Stoners...

Old 07-26-2004, 09:36 PM
lwr
1st Gear
Stoners Invisible Glass and Cleaning Supplies

Thanks. I'll check there :smile:

Old 07-26-2004, 10:02 PM
tontobird
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Walmart has it as well.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any microfiber towel should be just fine for cleaning glass. Since glass is so durable and easy to clean, it should not matter much which ones you use.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I purchase my Invisible Glass from my local auto parts store "Murray's", however I use it so much, I just might start buying it by the case!

also, moving to Detailing 101 Forum

Old 07-26-2004, 10:34 PM
lwr
1st Gear
Looks like Stoner's is the way to go. We've got something on our windows that, even after cleaning is leaving streak (wipe) marks, both on the inside and outside of the windows. Don't know what it is but hoping that Stoner's will remove it.

Does Stoners build up after repeated use? Also we have lots of minerals in our water. It's well water.

Old 07-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Aqualung
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lwr

Dunno where Citrus Heights is...do you have a BJ's Wholesale Club nearby? I pay ~$8 for 3 cans at the one near me. You can also buy by the case off their website.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:40 PM
BradB
6th Gear
Absolutely hands down 1Z (Einszett) is the best I have ever used. I have used Stoners for years and love it. You can't go wrong with it, But 1Z puts it to shame!!!!!

It cleans better, faster. It cuts film and grime better. Zero streaks or haze FIRST time. No re-applying to be sure. No double stroking. And no foam overspray to deal with. I am so stoked with this stuff, it's silly.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:50 PM
BradB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by YuccaPatrol
Any microfiber towel should be just fine for cleaning glass. Since glass is so durable and easy to clean, it should not matter much which ones you use.
Actually, it does make a big difference which MF you use. Cheap MF's lint like crazy! Really, really tiny fibers that end up all over the glass and are noticable but hard to wipe off. Better quality MF do not "digest" their fibers as readily. Also, towels made for glass cleaning have a much shorter nap. This helps in the shedding department and also this means they trap less water (or cleaner) so they streak less.

I have several glass only towels in my arsenal.:smile:

Old 07-27-2004, 01:53 PM
bee1000n
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Newspaper

Originally Posted by BradB
Actually, it does make a big difference which MF you use. Cheap MF's lint like crazy! Really, really tiny fibers that end up all over the glass and are noticable but hard to wipe off. Better quality MF do not "digest" their fibers as readily. Also, towels made for glass cleaning have a much shorter nap. This helps in the shedding department and also this means they trap less water (or cleaner) so they streak less.

I have several glass only towels in my arsenal.:smile:
If you really hate lint, you can always go the newspaper route. No lint at all. Plenty of black ink on your hands, but no lint.

Old 07-27-2004, 04:53 PM
lwr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Aqualung
Dunno where Citrus Heights is...do you have a BJ's Wholesale Club nearby? I pay ~$8 for 3 cans at the one near me. You can also buy by the case off their website.
Citrus Heights is small town less than 5 minutes outside of Sacramento. We have Walmart, Lowes, OSH, Home Depot, Sam's Club and Cosco near us.

Last edited by lwr; 07-28-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:57 PM
lwr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bee1000n
If you really hate lint, you can always go the newspaper route. No lint at all. Plenty of black ink on your hands, but no lint.
I don't think they use the old style newspaper ink anymore. Isn't it soy based? That doesn't work as well, does it?

Also, what are the best brands of microfiber towels? As you can all tell, I'm new to the wanting to keep my car very clean. The MCS is making me do it

Old 07-27-2004, 05:34 PM
bee1000n
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think the ink matters

Originally Posted by lwr
I don't think they use the old style newspaper ink anymore. Isn't it soy based? That doesn't work as well, does it?

Also, what are the best brands of microfiber towels? As you can all tell, I'm new to the wanting to keep my car very clean. The MCS is making me do it
It's not the ink, it's the paper. You could use blank newsprint, too, but no one will deliver that to my door every morning. The Invisible Glass label actually recommends (to some degree anyway) that you use newspaper because it is lint-free. Cleaning glass is more about polishing it than scrubbing it clean, or something to that effect.

Microfiber Tech (see first sticky thread in this forum for link) has specific towels for glass. I just got mine in the mail today.

Old 07-27-2004, 11:09 PM
zgokart
5th Gear
Stoners Invisible Glass is excellent. Leaves no marks at all. I got mine at Autogeek.com but yes, they're available elsewhere.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:44 AM
Aqualung
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bee1000n
It's not the ink, it's the paper. You could use blank newsprint, too, but no one will deliver that to my door every morning. The Invisible Glass label actually recommends (to some degree anyway) that you use newspaper because it is lint-free. Cleaning glass is more about polishing it than scrubbing it clean, or something to that effect.

Microfiber Tech (see first sticky thread in this forum for link) has specific towels for glass. I just got mine in the mail today.
If you live close by a newspaper printing plant, stop by sometime and pose as a schoolteacher....many times they give the ends of the rolls for free. My wife does this occasionally for her pre-school class and I've been known to snarf some paper for myself

Old 07-28-2004, 05:11 AM
holdenontoit
6th Gear
ok, so where does one get this stuff you're so crazy about?I've never heard of it,let alone seen it.COUGH!(source please )

Absolutely hands down 1Z (Einszett) is the best I have ever used. I have used Stoners for years and love it. You can't go wrong with it, But 1Z puts it to shame!!!!!

It cleans better, faster. It cuts film and grime better. Zero streaks or haze FIRST time. No re-applying to be sure. No double stroking. And no foam overspray to deal with. I am so stoked with this stuff, it's silly.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:48 AM
BradB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by holdenontoit
ok, so where does one get this stuff you're so crazy about?I've never heard of it,let alone seen it.COUGH!(source please )
Right here!

Old 07-28-2004, 04:21 PM
lwr
1st Gear
Washing Towels

Thanks for the help all.

Here's a question:
What's the best way to wash the microfiber towels after use? After all, we wouldn't want any laundry detergent residue left on the towels. I've used All in the washing machine and dryer dried them. Good enough?

Old 07-28-2004, 10:10 PM
tontobird
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wash all of your car detailing towels and cloths in hot water, no bleach, liquid detergent.

Do not use fabric softener or a dryer sheet. Do not dry the microfiber towels in the dryer. Let them air dry.

Old 07-29-2004, 11:37 AM
BradB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tontobird
Wash all of your car detailing towels and cloths in hot water, no bleach, liquid detergent.

Do not use fabric softener or a dryer sheet. Do not dry the microfiber towels in the dryer. Let them air dry.
To be a little more specific, use "warm" water, not hot. Hot water can damage the polymide core of the fibers. And you can safely dry on the cool down mode in the dryer, just not full hot cycle. In fact, using the dryer is recommended because it re-fluffs the fibers.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:29 PM
lwr
1st Gear
To be a little more specific, use "warm" water, not hot. Hot water can damage the polymide core of the fibers. And you can safely dry on the cool down mode in the dryer, just not full hot cycle. In fact, using the dryer is recommended because it re-fluffs the fibers.
Thanks. I read the instructions that came with the Mr. Clean car wash system and they say to air dry but I like the idea of being able to use the cool down mode of the dryer.

Well, time to go out and get some Stoners and glass microfiber towels :smile:

Old 08-23-2004, 07:50 PM
CFMINI
4th Gear
1Z Windscreen Clear

After using Stoners Invisible Glass for the last two years and not being totally satisfied with it, I bought a bottle of 1Z (Ein zett) Windscreen Clear. (Scheibenklar) OMG what a product!! 100% better than Stoners or anything else I have ever tried!!

I had a 3/4 full can of Stoners Invisible Glass and I tossed it into the trash!! I am a freak for clean windows and the 1Z product absolutely blew me away. You HAVE TO TRY this stuff. Get it here - http://www.autopia-carcare.com/glass---plastic.html $5.95 a bottle, I got it locally in SoCal at AutoBacs in Stanton for $4.95 I tried their chrome/metal polish too - outstanding. I can't wait to run out of my other M****ar detailing products so I can try more 1Z stuff and no I do not work for this company.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:56 PM
BradB
6th Gear
Cool! I knew if someone tried it they would like it!

Try this also! 1Z Plastik Reiniger is the most incredible interior cleaner you will ever use. Those kick panels (lower door panel scuffs) that never come clean, sides of consoles, pedals, mats, etc. This stuff cleans like crazy and protects, too.

No, I don't sell this stuff either!

Old 08-24-2004, 03:58 AM
Aqualung
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CFMINI
After using Stoners Invisible Glass for the last two years and not being totally satisfied with it, I bought a bottle of 1Z (Ein zett) Windscreen Clear. (Scheibenklar) OMG what a product!! 100% better than Stoners or anything else I have ever tried!!

I had a 3/4 full can of Stoners Invisible Glass and I tossed it into the trash!! I am a freak for clean windows and the 1Z product absolutely blew me away. You HAVE TO TRY this stuff. Get it here - http://www.autopia-carcare.com/glass---plastic.html $5.95 a bottle, I got it locally in SoCal at AutoBacs in Stanton for $4.95 I tried their chrome/metal polish too - outstanding. I can't wait to run out of my other M****ar detailing products so I can try more 1Z stuff and no I do not work for this company.
CFMINI, can you expand on the differences you found? What was 'wrong' w/ Stoner's and how does 1Z compare? I've been happy w/ Stoner's, but have found you really have to polish...so I'm willing to try this 1Z....

Quick Reply: Stoners Invisible Glass