Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Mr. Clean Autodry Carwash (Pro Series), does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
mataku
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, what I was worried about was that the Zaino sealant won't bond well to the paint if it has that "slippery surface" on it. From what I read, it has to be a pretty clean surface, even Dawn wash, before applying the first layer of Zaino.

Also, I've read somewhere else that someone was having problems with their mitts changing colors. If i were to use the system, I would probably only use the filter to be honest.

Originally Posted by scooterboy
I started using the Mr Clean system over a year ago, and it has its pros and cons. Weak pressure? Yes. Dripping connections? I had none.

At first I also thought that my mitt turned black because of removed dirt, but now I don't think so. The reason is that when I stopped using Mr Clean and went back to my Zaino shampoo, the black in my mitt disappeared. If it was truly just dirt, why didn't it wash out as easily with the Mr Clean shampoo?

And it really did look like the Mr Clean shampoo left a slippery film on the car's surface. Not saying that's bad, but it did seem, well, odd.

Oh, and the Mr Clean shampoo and zaino are indeed compatible. Not in the sense that you can use the zaino shampoo followed by the Mr Clean rinse and get the same self-drying results, but in the sense that they won't do any harm if you alternate between the two systems.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the Mr Clean system at this point. I will probably stick with the Zaino shampoo followed by the water blade and MF towels.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:07 PM
scooterboy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mataku
well, what I was worried about was that the Zaino sealant won't bond well to the paint if it has that "slippery surface" on it. From what I read, it has to be a pretty clean surface, even Dawn wash, before applying the first layer of Zaino.
When I said they were compatible, I was talking about the Zaino shampoo, not the sealant. You're correct - the surface should be clean of everything before applying the sealant.

Also, I've read somewhere else that someone was having problems with their mitts changing colors. If i were to use the system, I would probably only use the filter to be honest.
That's fine, but don't expect the filtered water to do as well without the Mr Clean shampoo. It's the combination of the two that makes for a spot-free result.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:10 AM
LeftyS7
4th Gear
Rain-X now has a similar system, I've heard. Anyone used it?