Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Vishnu PROcede for MINI

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 08:52 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rattmobbins
LMAO!!! That quote was from like 3 months ago!
Originally Posted by greystone
Why does that matter? Are you still bent out of shape about it?

considering there still haven't been any updates....

D.I.W. RIP?

Old 11-02-2007 | 07:57 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Why does that matter? Are you still bent out of shape about it?
WTF dude? Why would I give 2 sh*ts about this still? Quit digging up old threads and quoting old posts man. It's kind of a waste of time.

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:36 PM
greystone
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rattmobbins
WTF dude? Why would I give 2 sh*ts about this still? Quit digging up old threads and quoting old posts man. It's kind of a waste of time.
Settle down, hothead. You were bent out of shape and trashing a vendor, I simply offered a different perspective. The thread has activity from last week, it's relevant.

I don't know what Shiv's deal is with developing a solution for R56's but I suspect they will put something together and it will be worth looking into.

Old 11-02-2007 | 03:50 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Settle down, hothead. You were bent out of shape and trashing a vendor, I simply offered a different perspective. The thread has activity from last week, it's relevant.

I don't know what Shiv's deal is with developing a solution for R56's but I suspect they will put something together and it will be worth looking into.
Whatever. :impatient

Old 11-02-2007 | 05:27 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Hi guys,
We hope to have some early testing results up in the next 2-3 weeks.
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu
Hey Guys,

We are looking forward to diving into this car and keeping this forum in the loop every step of the way.
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
. Might have some dyno numbers for you within the next couple of weeks :]
Progress is coming along nicely. With more testing time, we will be able to confirm these assumptions, at which point we will let you guys in on the details.
Hey guys,

We are still working on it over here. We wont keep you in the dark.
That last post was almost 4 months ago...

Old 11-02-2007 | 05:59 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Not really interested as I have an R53 but why don't one of you that do have some interest pick up a telephone and call them to ask on progress.

Those of us that were alive before the internet did that sort of thing.

Old 11-02-2007 | 07:02 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
pick up a telephone.
is that related to a cell phone?

Old 12-02-2007 | 01:36 PM
Canvasmonkey
2nd Gear
Hey I know it doesnt mean much but I just e-mailed Vishnu and asked them to post a status on here, so hopefully they'll respond. I know these dudes are pretty busy with all them E90s plus he spends most of his time on e90post.com.

Old 12-03-2007 | 06:25 AM
lttletimmy
3rd Gear
I did the same a week or two ago and got a one sentence email reply saying they were working on it.

Old 12-04-2007 | 02:23 AM
Canvasmonkey
2nd Gear
So here the deal:

Hi Sean,

For the time being, we have put everything on hold. The biggest problem with the R56 development was the fact that we cannot source the connectors for the ECU. If we could, it would make a plug and play harness doable, but at the current time, we are unable to make such a harness. This obviously makes bringing a kit to market much more difficult, as we know that only a few customers would be excepting of the idea of having to cut their harness. Hopefully the connectors will be come available at some point.

On a side note, are their any other viable EM solutions for the car at the moment?

Dustin Bramell
Dustin@Vishnutuning.com
866-584-7531

So as of right now there wont be PROcede for the mini, sucks!

Old 12-04-2007 | 04:50 AM
MiniMacPR
5th Gear
Doesn't the Unichip use similar connectors? To an unrelated third party with no interest in this (R53) seems like a weird reason to put this on hold, meanwhile Alta is full steam ahead...

Old 12-04-2007 | 06:45 AM
a96bimmerm3
5th Gear
Vishnu would rather make money hand over fist with their 335 and 535 applications than do a mini program. I really wish apr or someone would do a true reflash. Piggybacks make me nervous.

Old 12-04-2007 | 10:06 AM
Event-Horizon
2nd Gear
Piggy backs are great. They leave the stock tune intact and they are plug-and-play. Easy to remove if you're taking it to the dealer. Easy to update on your own through your laptop or at your local tuner.

I had an XEDE piggy-back from Vishnu on my Evo and I loved it. With the ability to change maps at the flip of a switch or control boost to my likings. Plus they can be tuned to your mods. There is no need to send off a piggy-back, like a UniChip, for a new map. All you have to do is download the new map for a particular set of mods, plug in the laptop, upload, and you're done.

Old 12-04-2007 | 11:21 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Event-Horizon
Piggy backs are great. They leave the stock tune intact and they are plug-and-play. Easy to remove if you're taking it to the dealer. Easy to update on your own through your laptop or at your local tuner.

I had an XEDE piggy-back from Vishnu on my Evo and I loved it. With the ability to change maps at the flip of a switch or control boost to my likings. Plus they can be tuned to your mods. There is no need to send off a piggy-back, like a UniChip, for a new map. All you have to do is download the new map for a particular set of mods, plug in the laptop, upload, and you're done.
The problem is that nothing like that seems to exist for overcoming the adaptability of the MINI ECU.

Old 12-04-2007 | 11:36 AM
Event-Horizon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
The problem is that nothing like that seems to exist for overcoming the adaptability of the MINI ECU.
Not so, the mini ECU is essentially a BMW product. Vishnu has had great success with the PROcede on the BMW 335i. There is probably very little difference in how the BMW and Mini ECUs work. Also, adaptability is the very thing you do not want to overwrite. You want the ECU to be able to adjust to adverse conditions such as cold weather, hot weather driving, changes in fuel quality, etc. If you experience some sort of drop in performance due to the ECU changing its long term trims, then you more than likely have something else to worry about.

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:12 AM
Pocket_Rocket
4th Gear
Still not a word here or mention on their site.
Bigger fish to fry with the new Evo and STi out now.

Old 03-04-2008 | 09:37 AM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
2 more weeks

Old 03-09-2008 | 02:44 PM
baggerben
2nd Gear
i emailed them 2 months ago and no response. now the new evo is out, i highly dough there will be a piggy from them for the minis.
just my .02
i see terry is working on a juice box,should be some good hp gains,if its anything like what he offers the e90 guys.

Old 08-18-2009 | 06:14 PM
PRIMINISTAR
2nd Gear
Iv just stumbled upon this thread. Im sorry to bump it but this is just stupid. Do these companies realise that whether they are doing somethin else now for other cars they have still let a s**t load of people down in the process.

I am planning on getting a Scoob or an Evo once i can afford the insurance but i can tell you for sure i wont be using Vishnu for any of my tuning needs as they obviously dont know anything about good business.

Old 08-18-2009 | 06:38 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Welcome to the MINI community.

Old 08-18-2009 | 09:04 PM
Soni
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PRIMINISTAR
Iv just stumbled upon this thread. Im sorry to bump it but this is just stupid. Do these companies realise that whether they are doing somethin else now for other cars they have still let a s**t load of people down in the process.

I am planning on getting a Scoob or an Evo once i can afford the insurance but i can tell you for sure i wont be using Vishnu for any of my tuning needs as they obviously dont know anything about good business.
Vishnu has been very active in the BMW and EVO community!! I believe they don't have the man power to open another market at the moment. I have been using the tune for the last 2 years on my BMW 335i and its been rocking.

Old 08-19-2009 | 12:42 AM
PRIMINISTAR
2nd Gear
Shame they told everyone they would have something then really. I wish people would realise they couldn't take anything else on before they said they would.

What sort of power gain do you have with your 335i tune dude?

Old 08-19-2009 | 01:41 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear

Wow....

If you knew anything you'd know Vishnu tuning/procede is very well known and reputable. They were one of the first ones to come out with tuning for the 335. They attempted the MINI as a side project...

The aftermarket scene on MINI's is very small compared to the EVO and 335i markets, essentially not worth the time and money that would need to be invested for a tuner like Vishnu to tackle our ECU. The return is too small. I completely understand why they decided not to do it from a business perspective...it was the SMART business decision on their part.

Old 08-19-2009 | 02:24 AM
PRIMINISTAR
2nd Gear
Smart maybe, but business' should keep it to themselves before posting that they are going to do something, as i wouldn't buy from them now considering they like to make empty promises. And plus im sure the R56 Mini tuing world is bigger than that of the 335i considering most of Mini drivers Mod whereas my mates dad drives a 335i and the last thing he would do ti his business car is mod or chip it. I think people have the wrong end of the stick with the mini thinking its not a huge market seeing as there are tons of mini forums full of people eager to tune and mod.

Old 08-19-2009 | 06:24 AM
Soni
2nd Gear
Shame they told everyone they would have something then really. I wish people would realise they couldn't take anything else on before they said they would.

What sort of power gain do you have with your 335i tune dude?
I haven't had a chance to dyno my car, but with other members on the board that has the same mods as me, they dyno between 390whp to 400whp. FYR, the base line number on the car average 275whp.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Vishnu PROcede for MINI