Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Milltek question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:07 PM
YseanY
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milltek question

i was wondering if the milltek turbo back exhaust with downpipe eliminates the second cat under the car or does it replace it with a sports cat?

also, is the video below with this setup? I am very afraid of drone and do not want something too loud.

http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=424

Old 07-04-2007, 06:41 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would be happy to help - I have this set up on our R56. The downpipe replaces the primary cat with a sport cat. The cat-back eliminates the secondary cat, which has no monitoring system (so no SES lights).

There is a slight drone with this system. I have been working hard at figuring out how to get rid of it, but so far, no luck. I mentioned it to Milltek as well, and I am not sure how they are handling it.

I hope that helps, and feel free to shoot any other questions you may have out there.

Randy

Old 07-04-2007, 08:01 PM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
Does anyone know what sort of power gains are coming from the downpipe and exhaust vs. stock down pipe and aftermarket exhaust. Everything I have seen is with both the new down pipe and new exhaust together. I already have an exhaust and was wondering if it is worth is to get the downpipe.

Thanks!

Old 07-05-2007, 05:04 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 265 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyBMC
I would be happy to help - I have this set up on our R56. The downpipe replaces the primary cat with a sport cat. The cat-back eliminates the secondary cat, which has no monitoring system (so no SES lights).

There is a slight drone with this system. I have been working hard at figuring out how to get rid of it, but so far, no luck. I mentioned it to Milltek as well, and I am not sure how they are handling it.

I hope that helps, and feel free to shoot any other questions you may have out there.

Randy
does the secondary cat elimination cause problems with emission tests? They test every year here

Old 07-12-2007, 07:21 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No - the second cat is not tested, and I would be extremely surprised if the testing station even knew the difference. It will pass emissions no problem. What state are you in?

Randy

Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 PM
danielo
4th Gear
Yes, i'm curious too.
I'm not into loud exhaust systems and will be keeping my oem muffler (it looks pretty unrestrictive anyway).

I have also read somewhere that the oem muffler flows pretty well and it would hard to improve onit, and if any improvements were to be had, they would be minimal, same with the airbox. So is it true then that the biggest restriction in the exhaust system are the 2 cats?

If they downpipe with cat will provide real power gains, i'm ordering it! Curious too if the tone and db of the exhaust will change with this single mod.