Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Vitesse Pro Tune on Danny's 250WHp car!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johan
Or if you drive on the street, you will have the same power in the hot afternoon that you did in the cooler morning or evening.
Can you post a link to where this data is displayed? Do you know what the IATs are in relation to the ambient? coolant temp?

According to the Gintani website, the water capacity is only 1.5 gallons, I find it hard to believe that little amount of water will give you "the same power in the hot afternoon that you did in the cooler morning or evening."

Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Johan
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PARTSMAN
Can you post a link to where this data is displayed? Do you know what the IATs are in relation to the ambient? coolant temp?

According to the Gintani website, the water capacity is only 1.5 gallons, I find it hard to believe that little amount of water will give you "the same power in the hot afternoon that you did in the cooler morning or evening."
You should try calling Gintani or Randy Webb themselves. There the ones that did the extensive testing at the track.

Randy Webb, winner of Mini Challenge in Vegas, Mar 25 2006

"Testing has proved Gintani after-cooler system runs at ambient temp at all times." That's a quote from the web site.

Last edited by Johan; 07-02-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
You should try calling Gintani or Randy Webb themselves. There the ones that did the extensive testing at the track.
If I had any interest in the unit, I would.
They are not the ones that made the statement, I was asking you if there was some actual numbers/data to prove your statement to be correct.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Johan
5th Gear
If I had any interest in the unit, I would.
They are not the ones that made the statement, I was asking you if there was some actual numbers/data to prove your statement to be correct.
Yes, unlike some, I do make phone calls and talk to people who know and therefore don't make assumptions and hide behind a keyboard. I had the luxury to chat with Randy for a couple of hours about this very subject. I also talked to the owner of Gintani about this in great detail. I am relaying from reputable tuners...If you were interested I’d see about getting some number to post, but since you said "If I had any interest in the unit, I would" then you’d do it yourself...Cheers and good luck keeping your IAT down

Old 07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Yes, unlike some, I do make phone calls and talk to people who know and therefore don't make assumptions and hide behind a keyboard.
Thanks for that, we need more people on here like you.
I had the luxury to chat with Randy for a couple of hours about this very subject. I also talked to the owner of Gintani about this in great detail. I am relaying from reputable tuners...If you were interested I’d see about getting some number to post, but since you said "If I had any interest in the unit, I would" then you’d do it yourself...Cheers and good luck keeping your IAT down
Thanks again, low IATs are a PIA but every little bit helps.

Are you considering a Gintani? or were you just curious about the unit and how it works?
Like I said in my Low IAT thread, i'd love for someone to post something street related about the Gintani.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Johan
5th Gear
Thanks for that, we need more people on here like you.

Thanks again, low IATs are a PIA but every little bit helps.

Are you considering a Gintani? or were you just curious about the unit and how it works?
Like I said in my Low IAT thread, i'd love for someone to post something street related about the Gintani.
Yes my mini is being fitted with a Gintani cooler along with some other Gintani goodies There are a couple of NAMers who are already running the cooler with great results. Maybe they'll pipe up as well.

Emil I'm sorry for this getting way off topic in your thread, it started on topic but morphed...Like it always does... -- Johan

Old 07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Yes my mini is being fitted with a Gintani cooler along with some other Gintani goodies There are a couple of NAMers who are already running the cooler with great results. Maybe they'll pipe up as well.
Please keep us posted after it's up and running. Do you have a ScanGaugeII or similar device to read IATs?
Emil I'm sorry for this getting way off topic in your thread, it started on topic but morphed...Like it always does... -- Johan
I apologize as well, and congrats on the numbers.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:19 PM
MINICORSA
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably not b/c you car was tuned when it made 250. Are you going to remove your cooler and run all RMW Products? I'm sure it would sell quick!
Even if I do remove it I would never sell it being that I have worked my a** of on that product. And we will see how we will pass 250 thats just the begining. And being that the tune on the car isn't final the parts on the car is what knocked us over the 200 mark which we couldn't do before even with two different tuners.

Last edited by MINICORSA; 07-02-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:48 AM
VitessePro
Banned
Originally Posted by minimaxi
And being that the tune on the car isn't final the parts on the car is what knocked us over the 200 mark which we couldn't do before even with two different tuners.
Welcome to NAM as a Vendor. Who are you referring to Danny?

Old 07-03-2007, 01:15 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by VitessePro
Welcome to NAM as a Vendor. Who are you referring to Danny?
Ok I am completely confused now. There are so many names being tossed around here. VitessePro- is this a vendor or a ECU flash as is GIAC? Is Emil the owner of MiniCorsa? Is Minimaxi M7? Who is Danny? Does he own MiniCorsa? Would really like to know so we know who to call. Thanks everyone.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
Ok I am completely confused now. There are so many names being tossed around here. VitessePro- is this a vendor or a ECU flash as is GIAC? Is Emil the owner of MiniCorsa? Is Minimaxi M7? Who is Danny? Does he own MiniCorsa? Would really like to know so we know who to call. Thanks everyone.
Danny = MiniCorsa
Emil = VitessePro

Longboard

Old 07-04-2007, 12:09 AM
SayGoodbye
6th Gear

Last edited by SayGoodbye; 10-03-2007 at 07:33 PM.