Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Vitesse Pro Tune on Danny's 250WHp car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:18 AM
VitessePro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vitesse Pro Tune on Danny's 250WHp car!

Hello everyone,
Well, this is a great day! Danny’s car hit 250 WHP with the Vitesse Pro tune with some additional hardware changes!

I’d like to point out a slight oversight on Danny’s post made last Thursday regarding his setup and results. This was the post made by Danny:

Hello I am Danny D owner of ******* in Van Nuys, Ca.
Many of you know my car as the "***** Mule" some of you don't here's the story.
I had bought it with a 15% pulley, MTH software, 2nd gen shrick cam, exhaust, intake, big bore thottle body.
And It dynoed @ 176 back over two years ago.
Then with a Gintani intercooler got 198.
After more research and develop ,different pistons ported head header and many many dollars still couldn't break 200h.p.on a respectable/credible dyno.
Just recently I installed ***** pistons, big valve head, and 3" header, helix 19% pulley, webb
motorsports intake, and kept alot of the previous modds like the shrick cam ,straight thru 3" exhaust (with a cat).
Emil from Vitesse Pro reset my tuning from what I had from the previous tuner. The dyno numbers you see are not a
tuned car.
There is still tuning to be done on the car. From what I know I have a stock tune with a raised rev limit.
I will update you all with the next dyno results. Be reminded that this is a car that would never pass 200whp no
matter what we did until we put *** parts on it. I will put a 15% on it and get it dynoed again. I will update you
tomorow of what the car does with the 15%. And soon with a final tune.
Thanks and enjoy,
Danny D

Danny’s ecu has one of my custom programs on it and it is far from a stock program with just a raised rev limiter.

I tuned Danny’s car on a dyno roughly around two months ago with his previous setup (Other vendor ported head) and if memory serves right it did register slightly over 200whp on his first dyno run even thought his engine was not healthy. I also made further adjustments with his New setup about 1.5 – 2 weeks ago.

Danny’s flash is similar to what MarioKart runs on his car for comparison sake. Mario made just about 234 WHP with a 17% pulley @ 7600 rpms the Other tuner’s stg2 head (stock crnk shaft pulley) and Danny made 235 WHP with a 19% pulley @ 7800 rpms (I think also stock crnk shaft pulley).

The tune on Danny’s car has not been finalized. There is room for improvement.

Vitesse Pro

Last edited by VitessePro; 06-30-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling edits
Old 06-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Johan
5th Gear
dude, please edit that!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 AM
VitessePro
Banned
Originally Posted by Johan
dude, please edit that!
Just did

Old 06-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Johan
5th Gear
Cool thanks!

Interesting...Welcome to NAM -- Johan

Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 AM
mozzarella
Banned
These claims are great but what does it cost to get to these levels. I would guess $12,000 plus in parts and labor that would be drivetrain only. It would be easy to get a $50,000 MINI and what I wonder is if your not better of buying a $50,000 dollar car to start with that is worth something if you wanted to sell it and would have a warranty. Because it seems to me that lots of people are throwing big bucks at HP with not a clue if it will last 6 weeks or 6 years.

Also looks like most of these companies are tiny and if there was a screw up they could never cover what it would cost to make it right.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:43 AM
VitessePro
Banned
Originally Posted by mozzarella
These claims are great but what does it cost to get to these levels. I would guess $12,000 plus in parts and labor that would be drivetrain only. It would be easy to get a $50,000 MINI and what I wonder is if your not better of buying a $50,000 dollar car to start with that is worth something if you wanted to sell it and would have a warranty. Because it seems to me that lots of people are throwing big bucks at HP with not a clue if it will last 6 weeks or 6 years.

Also looks like most of these companies are tiny and if there was a screw up they could never cover what it would cost to make it right.
Making Hp on smaller engines is much more expensive and difficult to do in comparison to a v8 for example. It's all risky business.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:44 PM
VitessePro
Banned
Cool thanks!

Interesting...Welcome to NAM -- Johan
Thank you Johan!

Old 07-01-2007, 12:56 AM
JSWMCS
3rd Gear
so did he make 250whp or 235whp????

Old 07-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Paul Webster
Banned
Originally Posted by VitessePro
Making Hp on smaller engines is much more expensive and difficult to do in comparison to a v8 for example. It's all risky business.
So did you do more tuning to get the 250whp he made the other day.

What sort of gains do you get with the exoctic stuff?just out of intrest.

Last edited by Paul Webster; 07-02-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:03 AM
VitessePro
Banned
Originally Posted by JSWMCS
so did he make 250whp or 235whp????
He made 235whp late last week with his old exhaust and intake system. Yesterday he made 250whp with most likely with a different exhaust and possibly different intake.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:58 AM
VitessePro
Banned
Originally Posted by Paul Webster
So did you do more tuning to get the 250whp he made the other day, good luck with tuning Longboards.

What sort of gains do you get with the exoctic stuff?just out of intrest.
He was running my custom program that he made 235whp with two days prior to that plus the hardware changes he made. My programming allows for much wider adaptation range than a stock ecu does, hence letting the engine make more Hp. The stock ecu settings will give you much more subdued results with just a plain raised rev limiter. The custom programs I've made for a few JCW's and one GP so far (without any hardware changes) have responded with very good hp gains. These gains are magnified even more when different hardware is bolted on, as demonstrated on some of the modified cars I've programmed, because of the certain things I've changed.

What exotics do you have interests in?

Last edited by VitessePro; 07-03-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:23 PM
JSWMCS
3rd Gear
emile

He was running my custom program that he made 235whp with two days prior to that plus the hardware changes he made. My programming allows for much wider adaptation range for the mass air flow, fueling, etc. than a stock ecu does, hence letting the engine make more Hp. The stock ecu settings will give you much more subdued results with just a plain raised rev limiter. The custom programs I've made for a few JCW's and one GP so far (without any hardware changes) have responded with very good hp gains. These gains are magnified even more when different hardware is bolted on, as demonstrated on some of the modified cars I've programmed, because of the certain things I've changed.

What exotics do you have interests in?
hey emile i enjoyed our long conversation yesterday. i'm sure sam will get in touch with you soon. i'm sure we will be talking soon as well.
we'll see what i want to do with my car and tuning.
thanks again, john@t-rexmotorsports.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:04 PM
MINICORSA
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He made 235whp late last week with his old exhaust and intake system. Yesterday he made 250whp with most likely with a different exhaust and possibly different intake.
No changes was made to the exhaust or intake what Jan has been working on is far from somthing as simple as that, no tuning modifications were made it's just going to take some paciance for us to do further testing on the car with the product and when it's finalized you will all know about it.

BTW, we are going to put the stock MINI tuning in the car and see what gains the car made with the RMW parts. I have removed what we put to make the 251 so my car has all the same things as it did when we got the 231 with the 15%. We will do a dyno run with the stock tuning first then do the testing of the new Revolutionary part from RMW. Then we will do a tune last to get the final gains. We will post as soon as we have the dyno runs complete. Stay tuned for interesting stuff from RMW.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:06 PM
davisflyer
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The custom programs I've made for a few JCW's and one GP so far (without any hardware changes) have responded with very good hp gains.
What kind of gains have you seen on the stock JCW?

Old 07-01-2007, 05:13 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So the Gintani IC made 22 hp? How?

Old 07-02-2007, 12:03 AM
VitessePro
Banned
Originally Posted by JSWMCS
hey emile i enjoyed our long conversation yesterday. i'm sure sam will get in touch with you soon. i'm sure we will be talking soon as well.
we'll see what i want to do with my car and tuning.
thanks again, john@t-rexmotorsports.
Same here. Talk to you soon.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:46 AM
trackster
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
What he said Would be interesting to see if something in the neighborhood of 20 hp out of the 250 was related to the Gintani ?

Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Johan
5th Gear
Yes, as Danny pointed out in a previous post before the Gintani cooler he was at 176hp after was 198. It is a water to air after-cooler with an integrated intake manifold that get's rid of un-necessary bends in the intake system...Less pressure drop and a more efficient way to cool down the super heated air from the charger..

So to put into context, without the Gintani after-cooler Danny's car would be around 230's right along with all the other RMW cars.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:54 AM
MINICORSA
Former Vendor
I don't understand what the confusion is. The car we are talking about never made more then 200whp with different heads, headers, exhausts and tunes. The whole time after we hit 198 the cooler has been on the car. All the numbers you see we are gettign is with the Gintani on the car and not because of it. The gintani's main thing is it eliminates heat soak.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM
MINICORSA
Former Vendor
You guys can't add horsepower like that. Certain parts make power but other make them work together. You can't go to a vendor and say ok crake pulley XXhp s/c pulley XXhp intake XXhp and say ok this is what my car should do.
I thought this has been covered on every board know to all car comunitys out there. Meaning If longboard before going to the Rotrex put a gintani cooler on the car he wouldn't of made 250. Thats not how motors work its not a bank account. This is true not for only Gintani's cooler but all aftermarket performance products.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:19 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Yes, as Danny pointed out in a previous post before the Gintani cooler he was at 176hp after was 198. It is a water to air after-cooler with an integrated intake manifold that get's rid of un-necessary bends in the intake system...Less pressure drop and a more efficient way to cool down the super heated air from the charger..

So to put into context, without the Gintani after-cooler Danny's car would be around 230's right along with all the other RMW cars.
So he spent $3500.00 for 22 hp. what a deal. Or am I not seeing this correctly?

Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Johan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minimaxi
Meaning If longboard before going to the Rotrex put a gintani cooler on the car he wouldn't of made 250..
Probably not b/c you car was tuned when it made 250. Are you going to remove your cooler and run all RMW Products? I'm sure it would sell quick!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Johan
5th Gear
So he spent $3500.00 for 22 hp. what a deal. Or am I not seeing this correctly?
Yes it is a great deal, Like Danny said there's no more heat soak, that's something that you can't really test on the dyno. It will allow you to keep the power that you have lap after lap. Or if you drive on the street, you will have the same power in the hot afternoon that you did in the cooler morning or evening. All of this is on top of the 22hp gain.

Last edited by Johan; 07-02-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:42 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Yes it is a great deal!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:36 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
GREAT JOB EMIL!!
I will call you as soon as my car gets out of the shop for the air condition problem. Like you said, I think there is more to be had with some tweeking. 234whp was great but I hope there is more.

I can't wait for my "Moses or "Jehovah" project tune
Talk to you soon
Mario

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp

Last edited by MarioKart; 07-02-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Vitesse Pro Tune on Danny's 250WHp car!