Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain How I removed lots of mods and made lots more power… (Warning - long & detailed post)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:30 PM
hornguys
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PGT
yup. he also deleted all my posts here apparently at LDG's bidding (contending they were 'off-topic').
Do you know this for a fact?

Are you formally stating that the removal of posts was at LDG's request?

Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
mbcoops
6th Gear
Blah blah blah back to removing mods to make power...

mb

Old 08-03-2007, 06:38 PM
hornguys
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mbcoops

mb

Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 PM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hornguys

dictionary.com - look up 'apparently' please. given the PM sent by LDG to another member who's posts were edited here by Sam, I'd say chances are good.

Who knows...maybe I'm wrong. I'll be happy to delete my own posts should that not be the case by why else would a non-moderator vendor mgmt person come in to this thread and censor comments from two dissenting opinions? You do the math.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:52 PM
hornguys
5th Gear

mb

Old 08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
PGT
Banned
here, use this

Old 08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
PGT
Banned
I put an Alta V1 TMIC on my car. Car felt slower. Took it off and sold it. Go figure.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:31 PM
gnatster
6th Gear

mb
If we removed all the mods (from NAM) then we find the ultimate power lays with the people.

Bwahahahahaha

If you are funny challanged please note this post is supposed to be a funny.

No electrons to my knowledge were offended by this post, some however; were quite excited.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by Sam
I have returned PGT's posts to the thread but would like all to know that his accusation of Bait and Switch is a serious and damaging statement. It is an inaccurate description of what occurred.
Originally Posted by PGT
feel free to correct me then Sam...what exactly was it?

I was lured in with one price and then charged another without the benefit of being told beforehand.
Originally Posted by PGT
Seems if the advertised price was not an 'out the door' price for 90% of owners then bait and switch is clearly accurate (note LDG said that 90% of the cars they see need a belt for a 15% pulley swap).
While I believe the situation was not handled in the most... appropriate manner (a point being discussed behind the scenes), I can understand where both sides of this issue are coming from.

By strict definition, what PGT felt occurred to him (bait and switch) did not happen, because he was sold the product (& service) he came in to buy... it just was more expensive than he was led to believe. I believe a closer term to have used is "false advertising" based upon the unexpected price change. However, I do not know the full details of where the higher price came from, so I am not actually agreeing with certainty that it actually WAS false advertising. I'm merely trying to differentiate between that term and "bait and switch".

It seems to me that it would be in the best interest of LDG, its customers and the entire NAM community if all future advertised offers (from ANY vendor) were more specific about what is, and is not, included. However it should also be understood and accepted that every car is different, and there will be occassions where additional parts or labor are needed to complete the job satisfactorily... the key then is that the vendor needs to properly and fully communicate with the customer when those occassions come up.

Please note that the above is simply me stating my opinion on the entire thing. It is not an "official NAM policy". That only truly comes from Mark and his employees (which Sam is).
Originally Posted by hornguys

Originally Posted by PGT
given the PM sent by LDG to another member who's posts were edited here by Sam, I'd say chances are good.
I believe I can comfortably say that LDG did not play a direct role in the moderation action on this matter with PGT, although I can completely understand why it appears that way. As I stated above, I do believe the entire situation could have been handled much better, and hopefully this has been a learning experience for all involved.

That being said, I'd like to suggest we try now to put this ugly incident behind us and try to focus on the original topic!
Exactly!
Originally Posted by gnatster
If we removed all the mods (from NAM) then we find the ultimate power lays with the people.
LOL - nice reinterpretation.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:00 PM
RedSkunk
6th Gear

Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Strghtowned
Neutral
I love the MINI community. We're all a great bunch of people - I tell myself that everytime I try to read a thread without any drama. But at times like these, It just feels like we're a bunch of grown-ups acting like kids. If you have any counter points - as some may call it - do so in an objective manner. All this chest thumping and slandering and such is childish. Lets further our MINI experience and share the good times and lets not revert to our first grade antics.

Drunken banter over.....

Old 08-04-2007, 03:22 AM
mozzarella
Banned
Originally Posted by Strghtowned
I love the MINI community. We're all a great bunch of people - I tell myself that everytime I try to read a thread without any drama. But at times like these, It just feels like we're a bunch of grown-ups acting like kids. If you have any counter points - as some may call it - do so in an objective manner. All this chest thumping and slandering and such is childish. Lets further our MINI experience and share the good times and lets not revert to our first grade antics.

Drunken banter over.....
" He may have a lot of mechanical knowledge or whatever, but he still smells like an As-----donkey. If he's so great and can bash everyone for pushing the envelope and trying to make the MINI a better driving experience, why can't he just shut up and produce something that the MINI community can appreicate? Sort of like that troll under the bridge...."

Your quote ... now what where you saying again.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:30 AM
PGT
Banned
pwnt

Old 08-04-2007, 06:30 AM
MINIFVR
6th Gear
Old 08-04-2007, 07:47 AM
luckydoggarage
3rd Gear
I had nothing to do with PGT's posts getting pulled. I didn't even notice until way after the fact.

How about this idea. All the vendors on NAM should provide some info on their operation, a bio so to speak. Pictures of the facility, history, community involvement, equipment and capabilities, staff and post this on NAM. I'm talking about the things that established businesses have and do. This way it will be easier for our potential customers to see what is going on behind the scenes and this may shed some light on why vendors have different overheads. One would think that other information providers like MC2 magazine,for example, would do an article on where all these ideas and products come from and from whom rather than just infomercials for their advertisers. I've talked with other vendors about this and there seems to be quite a bit of interest in this idea. Let's see what happens.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
I removed my top mount IC and made power

I removed my 15% to a stock and made power

I removed my UUC exhaust and made power...

but I added a front mount, turbo and made a new 3" exhaust.... LOL

Old 08-04-2007, 09:48 AM
hornguys
5th Gear
Hey, that's kewl!

At least you're on topic!!!

Old 08-04-2007, 09:57 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
I removed my wife and made power...

Old 08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MSFITOY

Old 08-04-2007, 10:25 AM
MINIFVR
6th Gear
Oh boy......

Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 AM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders
Yikes!

Did you make more power or free up power you already had?

Either way, I wouldn't tell her.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:04 AM
glnr13
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by luckydoggarage
I had nothing to do with PGT's posts getting pulled. I didn't even notice until way after the fact.

How about this idea. All the vendors on NAM should provide some info on their operation, a bio so to speak. Pictures of the facility, history, community involvement, equipment and capabilities, staff and post this on NAM. I'm talking about the things that established businesses have and do. This way it will be easier for our potential customers to see what is going on behind the scenes and this may shed some light on why vendors have different overheads. One would think that other information providers like MC2 magazine,for example, would do an article on where all these ideas and products come from and from whom rather than just infomercials for their advertisers. I've talked with other vendors about this and there seems to be quite a bit of interest in this idea. Let's see what happens.
sounds like an excellent idea! why don't you be the first? i'd love to see LDG's operation. i've browsed your site and i see 2 pics of your shop, small images but enough to get an idea. maybe you can provide more info/pics?

Old 08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
LMAO!!!

Old 08-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Big Daddy
5th Gear
I've met your wife, Sid. I don't believe you.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:48 PM
CmdrVimes
Stuck in Reverse
Originally Posted by glnr13
sounds like an excellent idea! why don't you be the first? i'd love to see LDG's operation. i've browsed your site and i see 2 pics of your shop, small images but enough to get an idea. maybe you can provide more info/pics?
I made some stitched panoramas during some visits of mine to the shop. You can see them Here

Quick Reply: Drivetrain How I removed lots of mods and made lots more power… (Warning - long & detailed post)