Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain ECU and Piggyback for R56

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:52 AM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU and Piggyback for R56

Anybody got any updates for us? I know there are a few copanies working on it but no has anything available yet. I am sure there is more power to be had. I keep reading posts about testing.

PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE!

Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
tommy_zito
5th Gear
i think that the 08 JCW will have a different ECU, but i've also herd a few things through the grape vine about a few other companies...ill keep looking for info for you if you'd like.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
danjmcs
Coordinator :: Dynamic MiNi Collective
Originally Posted by mikeg4572
Anybody got any updates for us? I know there are a few copanies working on it but no has anything available yet. I am sure there is more power to be had. I keep reading posts about testing.
PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE!
Geez, your such an upgrade whiner Mike

Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
I know. It's just no fun with the R56 like it was with the R53. There were SOOOOOOOOO many mods.

p.s. Dan, I think you are worried that I will have one of the quickest MINI's in the club....lol

Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
We should be ready to beta test our ecu starting next week, assuming our next tuning session goes as planned. We are in the final tuning phases to get some more power and better drivability. I will post some more updates soon.

Might not be exactly the kind of update you were looking for, but its all thats available right now.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 AM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
It works for me At least you guys are paying attention. Thanks for the update!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
Hey Mike,

What am I chopped liver? I'm working on something(s) as well. But can't be coy with teaser stuff until we have a horse picked and trained if you know what I mean!

Thanks for the thread though!

Adam

Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 PM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
I just hope this thread does not get too long. Are you guys running into issues or does a good tune really take a while? I know I am super impatient and I would not want a product that was not tested. But I am antsey!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 PM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
It isn't just the "tune" it is the software and interface to talk to motor, the body module and the factory ECU. So if we all RUSH to get this done, the end user suffers with reduced drivability, performance, mileage etc. Pateince is most definately a virtue here!

Thanks again!

Adam

Old 09-18-2007, 03:56 PM
danjmcs
Coordinator :: Dynamic MiNi Collective
I know. It's just no fun with the R56 like it was with the R53. There were SOOOOOOOOO many mods.
p.s. Dan, I think you are worried that I will have one of the quickest MINI's in the club....lol
"Will have"??? All i saw going up Wolf Creek Pass was the back of your car... hehe... I'd say your already WELL on your way...

Old 09-18-2007, 04:51 PM
scott48
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I can say is, I'm really curious to see the power output of on my car with Alta intake, exhaust, intercooler when combined with their ECU tune

Old 09-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Dave@ddmworks
Manufacturer
We have tuned our UNIchip to work with our intake and exhaust already. Just waiting on UNIchip to get the plug and play harness ready so there is no cutting and splicing needed like we had to do on our car.

There are some great gains with the UNIchip, especially when you put the whole system together with intake, exhaust and tuning, it really has turned our little mule into quite the beast.

Dave

Old 09-19-2007, 05:44 AM
a96bimmerm3
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ALTAPerformance
It isn't just the "tune" it is the software and interface to talk to motor, the body module and the factory ECU. So if we all RUSH to get this done, the end user suffers with reduced drivability, performance, mileage etc. Pateince is most definately a virtue here!

Thanks again!

Adam

BETA TESTER HERE!!!!!!!! PICK ME PICK ME

Old 09-19-2007, 11:29 AM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
you bet!~)

Originally Posted by a96bimmerm3
BETA TESTER HERE!!!!!!!! PICK ME PICK ME
HAHAHA I know you are chomping at the bit! More info soon. Sorry for the perpetual delays, we don't want to say we have something that we don't have. And we want actual dyno results to back it up, not just "WE made a TON of power!) But the in house Dyna-Pack will certainly help solve that ASAP!

Thanks again!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Tony bag of donuts
Neutral
Helix is just about done. They are beating the mule and haven't been able to make her break. They put in 89 octane and she got faster with no Knock. All that is left is some fine tuning on the dyno and packaging. If you are local to Helix give them a ring and ask about beta testing the box at a reduced price. Also there is a big tubo kit in the works.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:56 AM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
?

Originally Posted by Tony bag of donuts
Helix is just about done. They are beating the mule and haven't been able to make her break. They put in 89 octane and she got faster with no Knock. All that is left is some fine tuning on the dyno and packaging. If you are local to Helix give them a ring and ask about beta testing the box at a reduced price. Also there is a big tubo kit in the works.
I hate to poke, but something doesn't make sense. Do you mean that the map they developed with 89 octane is faster than stock mapping on 89 or what? It isn't possible to have more power with less energy (89 vs. 92 oct.) Knock is a function of fuel and timing. So with less fuel energy, then less timing (as well as boost) is required to prevent knock. Thus less power.

Can you clarify what you mean? A bunch of us are now curious. (Do you have this on your car?)

adam@altaminiperformance.com

Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Bhatch
4th Gear
I hate to poke, but something doesn't make sense. Do you mean that the map they developed with 89 octane is faster than stock mapping on 89 or what? It isn't possible to have more power with less energy (89 vs. 92 oct.) Knock is a function of fuel and timing. So with less fuel energy, then less timing (as well as boost) is required to prevent knock. Thus less power.

Can you clarify what you mean? A bunch of us are now curious. (Do you have this on your car?)

Octane does not dictate the engery level in a fuel if they have the same amount of hydrocarbons. Octane only dictaes the auto ignition properites of the combusions of that fuel.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 AM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
What I meant was the higher octane rating allows for more aggressive timing, boost thus more power. Sorry for the confusion I created now.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Gardus
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you mean that the map they developed with 89 octane is faster than stock mapping on 89 or what?
I think that's it...

How much is the helix box? Does it come with custom map for exhaust-intake?

Old 10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Prices and options will be released shortly: we're still logging miles on it.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
HURRY!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
CaMiniMe
2nd Gear
So does anyine have any updates for us regarding the ECU chips? I don't know if this will be answered but with 91 octane are there any knocking issues with the ECU tune? I am certainly in the market for more power but will there be any reliability issues in the future with a more aggressive tune?
thanks

Old 10-16-2007, 01:06 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
were there many mods for the r53 in 2002?

I bet a year from now there will be many many mods including ECU stuff

Old 10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
Wait a second!!!

Originally Posted by MotorMouth
were there many mods for the r53 in 2002?

I bet a year from now there will be many many mods including ECU stuff
There are TONS of mods for the R56 now (ECU's included, but pending release from most tuner types) but I feel that there are MORE mods for the R56 in 2007, than there were for the R53 in 2002. I know looking at my catalog, we have FAR more now than we did back then.

Again, my two cents. Also, agreed you can never have too many mods right?

Adam@altaminiperformance.com

Old 10-16-2007, 01:51 PM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor
We will offer both:

Originally Posted by CaMiniMe
So does anyine have any updates for us regarding the ECU chips? I don't know if this will be answered but with 91 octane are there any knocking issues with the ECU tune? I am certainly in the market for more power but will there be any reliability issues in the future with a more aggressive tune?
thanks
ALTA Mapping on our ECU tunes will be available in lower octane versions as well as higher (93+). This will be for both the R53 and R56 variants. Versions of our system being released in November to the general public, will allow in car switching of maps, and in spring of 2008 the same kits will allow individuals using a wideband O2 to do there own personalized tuning (within reasons, but best for dramatic changes in fuel, options, altitude.)

Stay tuned!

Adam@altaminiperformance.com

Quick Reply: Drivetrain ECU and Piggyback for R56