Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Mini Cooper Green Twister Intake Group Buy!! Open till July

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 03:44 AM
crischnak
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would shipping of the Intake be to Sweden / Stockholm

USD 190 + how much? in shipping

Considering getting in on group buy

Regards Crischnak

Old 07-07-2003, 05:41 AM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
>>What would shipping of the Intake be to Sweden / Stockholm
>>
>>USD 190 + how much? in shipping
>>
>>Considering getting in on group buy
>>
>>Regards Crischnak

I have sent you a PM..

Also to the people that paid, I have sent you a reciept Via E-mail. with the price of 190 + Shipping. If you paid the 210, you will see a check in the mail to make the difference back.

Thanks
Dan
Pilo Racing

Old 07-07-2003, 06:10 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
Hey All, I will be checking this forum a couple times more, but after that I will be gone until sunday. If you have any quesions regarding the group buy, ask them so that I can get you the answers before I'm gone all week. If not, I'll post some nice Vaca Pics when I get back. too bad the Mini can't fly with me

Happy Motoring All!

Thanks
Dan
Pilo Racing

Old 07-07-2003, 06:57 PM
MINIsota
1st Gear
>>-sota, You wouldn't be the first one here to buy parts before they took delivery. Is your LY on order yet?
>>

Harmini,
No, I haven't ordered mine yet. Due to some unforseen financial setbacks we decided it would be in the best interest of the family if I put it off a while longer. I've had my deposit in since January of '02, so I can order anytime and be guaranteed a spot on that month's allocation.
Probably right after the first of the year for a March delivery. Just 9 short months away.

Old 07-07-2003, 07:12 PM
sp767
1st Gear
Hey everyone!

This cold air intake looks like a promising mod.

I'm late in the game here, just read this thread tonight. For anyone who has installed the intake, can you tell us how it sounds? And do you FEEL any difference in engine performance improvement?

Steve
2003 MC 5spd

Old 07-07-2003, 08:04 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
we should be getting some initial reviews very soon. Keep tuned in, and you will get all the info. I will be gone soon, but I have sent out intakes that are going to be dyno tested and reviews will be posted.

Thanks
Dan
Pilo Racing

Old 07-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Miniphyter808
3rd Gear
bring this back to first page so other people can take advantage....

Old 07-09-2003, 04:14 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
Bump.. Iºm out of the country, but still in touch.. will get back to every one once I return... right now Iºm enjoying the beach, sun and drinks

Old 07-09-2003, 04:23 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
Just got my intake in today, installing it now. The instructions are awful, but it is just an intake install after all, should'nt be a problem

Liked the package, everything looks great, only thing is I didn't get the refund check in the box with it, not sure if it was supposed to be in the box or following later in the mail (mine was sent out early, so I'm not sure). I'm guessing mini pilo will make it resolved pretty quick though, as the intake was shipped very timely

Hopefully have it in very soon and will be back with some test drive results for everyone to enjoy.

Old 07-09-2003, 05:28 PM
dandp
6th Gear
emobob - very curious to hear how your install went. Since I'm going to be doing the dyno runs on my Cooper, it's got to start off stock. Keep us posted...

Old 07-09-2003, 05:47 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
<insert rant about install> Ya so basically the install is easy, just check out mini pilo's site first for the how to.

The sound is really amazing, I really love it. Smiled during the whole test drive. Of course my car now has an extra 50 hp and can beat any wrx that dares challenge.... or maybe not, but it did 'feel' faster

So hope you all get yours soon, and someone has a solution to my problems. Everyone should def get in on the group buy!

edited to make myself sound less st00pid

Old 07-09-2003, 06:16 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
I think I might see how to mount it correctly from looking at a picture of it, but its way too dark to do it now, so it wil wait until tomarrow. If it is what I think it is than its very simple and I should kick myself for not doing it in the first place.

Also I think the bottom part (the resonator box) of the old intake ducting isn't going to come out unless you 'force' it out. but it certainly doesnt hurt anything sitting there, and doesn't get in the way. So I guess if I wanted to put the stock filter back in for my 10k service in 300 miles, it would be super easy.

Old 07-09-2003, 06:22 PM
dandp
6th Gear
emobob - when you say resonator box, are you referring to the actual stock airbox? What did you hook the ducting up to? I found the ducting for the Twister to be rather large and very difficult to fit into the area near mid grill, unless you hooked it up differently...

BTW, if you go to Minipilo's site, there is a PDF in English for the install.

Old 07-09-2003, 06:43 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
Thanks for the heads up on the how to pdf, I guess I am a morons. Anyways, apparently I did everything correct, and the mounting is also how I figured I should do it. I guess if I installed it w/o instructions it must be pretty easy.

as for the resonator box, I mean the fairly large plastic peice that is attached to the front of the car and the original duct, right before the filter box. Its like a muffler for the intake. At least im 90% sure thats what it is. It wont come out, but doesn't get in the way of anything, so leaving it right there is a perfect option.

I stuck the new intake tube right where the old one use to be. Put the intake end of it through theold intake hole and just fastened it there, worked out really well.

Old 07-09-2003, 06:56 PM
jivanivan
4th Gear
Still waiting for mine...

Emobob,

I've never done any type of engine work, would you recommend me paying for it or get it done myself? I've installed all my mods myself except for the Nav. Never worked on an engine. From what you say it sounds pretty easy and straight forward. Does this intake really add 50HP?

Old 07-09-2003, 07:29 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
>>Still waiting for mine...
>>
>>Emobob,
>>
>>I've never done any type of engine work, would you recommend me paying for it or get it done myself? I've installed all my mods myself except for the Nav. Never worked on an engine. From what you say it sounds pretty easy and straight forward. Does this intake really add 50HP?

lol, no I was being completely sarcastic. It adds more like 5hp, but the sound hp it adds is like 20!!!

and I have no doubts you can do it by yourself, take off two bolts, pop off the front tubing, then slide and bolt on the new intake. simple enough.

Old 07-09-2003, 07:31 PM
jivanivan
4th Gear
hahahaha, I didn't know sound had HP, hahahaha, i know what you mean thought, you're making me anxious to get it already. I'll post up pictures when I'm done.

Old 07-09-2003, 09:59 PM
dandp
6th Gear
emobob - the resonator is what I thought you meant it was. Can I assume you disconnected the stock cloth hose that connects the mid grill air scoop to the resonator, then slid the ducting onto the part of the scoop where the stock ducting went - so it looks like the instructions? Thus leaving 2 holes in the resonator box? Only reason I ask - this is the route I was going , but found the ductwork for the Twister to be too big to fit in the space where the old duct work went.

The other thought I had was to fit the duct work onto the part of the resonator box that went into the stock airbox

If you guys could post any digital pics, it would be great. It seems like a very easy install. Although I was trying to figure out what purpose the resonator box played here, and if by taking it out of the air loop, if that caused any problems.

Old 07-10-2003, 06:56 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
Is the "resonater box" you are referring to the box that the stock air filter element is in? If so, that that should be removed.

I removed my Pipercross induction kit last weekend and have been driving with the stock intake so I can get a comparison over stock. Looking forward to getting my twister.

Andy

Old 07-10-2003, 08:41 AM
emobob
2nd Gear
>>emobob - the resonator is what I thought you meant it was. Can I assume you disconnected the stock cloth hose that connects the mid grill air scoop to the resonator, then slid the ducting onto the part of the scoop where the stock ducting went - so it looks like the instructions? Thus leaving 2 holes in the resonator box? Only reason I ask - this is the route I was going , but found the ductwork for the Twister to be too big to fit in the space where the old duct work went.
>>
>>The other thought I had was to fit the duct work onto the part of the resonator box that went into the stock airbox
>>
>>If you guys could post any digital pics, it would be great. It seems like a very easy install. Although I was trying to figure out what purpose the resonator box played here, and if by taking it out of the air loop, if that caused any problems.

Ya, thats all i did, pull the 'cloth' tube off the resonator box, and remove that plastic intake peice at the very front of the car. then the new tube just went 'above' the resonator box to the front of the car. It is a bigger tube, but had no problems fitting into the front of my car. Maybe you didnt take out all of the old intake piping ?

Taking the resonator out of the intake equation is what causes most of the sound increase. Like you I'm not sure what's going on down under the resonator, I couldn't see but could feel a tube. My guess is maybe it is pulling air from that location also. I'm certain that just leaving it in, and bypassing it with the new tube is a very acceptable way to go about things (as far as I know the best way too go abotu things).

asodestrom: no thats not the resonator, thats the old 'filter box', or whatever you want to call it. the resonator is right in front of that, but down about 4 inches. Air had to pass through the resonator before going into intake/filter box previously. When you installed your pipercross (I'm assuming it was just a cone filter), you didn't have to worry about all the old ducting.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:49 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:53 AM
dandp
6th Gear
emobob - so the new tube goes right into the front of the grill, replacing the plastic air scoop? How do you attach it to the air slot? Just shoehorn it in there?

I was looking at how the resonator box is attached, it is hooked into the lower part of the car, I agree that it may be pulling air in from below.

Old 07-10-2003, 10:20 AM
emobob
2nd Gear
>>emobob - so the new tube goes right into the front of the grill, replacing the plastic air scoop? How do you attach it to the air slot? Just shoehorn it in there?
>>

Yep, I just shoved it in.

Old 07-10-2003, 11:53 AM
jivanivan
4th Gear
I'm going to head to Kragen today and I wanted to buy tools to install the intake (I don't have that many tools in my garage) Emobob or anyone that knows, what tools are needed to install the intake? Thanks

Old 07-10-2003, 01:31 PM
retroom
4th Gear
Look on page two of this thread, there is a picture of the twister installed in a Cooper.

retroom

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Mini Cooper Green Twister Intake Group Buy!! Open till July