Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Mini Cooper Green Twister Intake Group Buy!! Open till July

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 03:34 PM
jivanivan
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to Dan from Pilo. I got my refund in the mail today.
$20 BIG ONES I'm going to buy me my stubby antenna now. THANKS DAN!

Old 07-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Miniphyter808
3rd Gear
Hey Ivan jus wondering what monitor is that on your signature?

Old 07-10-2003, 06:05 PM
jivanivan
4th Gear
It's the same displau on the Euro Tuner MINI (where I got the idea), it's a Pioneer AVH-P6400 and I have it with the AVIC-90 DVD Navigation & player (stored in the glove box)

Old 07-11-2003, 05:03 AM
fairmont
2nd Gear
Got my twister yesterday. Sorry, but can someone leave more detailed instructions? How do you get the clamp off the original hose? Is the whole box removed? There are parts in the box that don't seem to match up with any previous instructins on here? I know it can't be very hard, but I'm not too good with printed instructions, especially some as vague as these. Any help greatly appreciated.

Old 07-11-2003, 05:05 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
got my check today, yay!

Also, after 2 days or so with the intake in, I'm ready to commit to it, giving it a definite thumbs up in all categories.

I'm not afraid to say, before dyno runs come out, that my car now has more power.

I'm interested in a heat soak issue that these intakes 'MIGHT' have that was brought up to me by another member, but I'm not too concerned about it. And after driving my cart today in the evening, it just felt like it was pulling harder than ever. I was impressed. And I still love the sound.

unfortunately we are still takling about a butt dyno here, and thats not very accurate. I'm really curious what happened to the runs we were originally supposed to see ??

If it is found out that heat soak is an issue, thats nothing a little heat repelant covering over the filter casing wont fix up (and for a savings of 80 bucks over the 'competitor' I see this as a very reasonable thing).

Old 07-11-2003, 05:13 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
I just thought of why I wasn't feeling the power increase as much before....my ecu probably just now adjusted to the increase air.

Thats my guess anyways.

Old 07-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Yeagy
2nd Gear
How long does it take to ship to 75028? I have a roadtrip on the 24th and want to charge it on the 18th so i can pay it off next next month :smile:
-yeagy

Old 07-11-2003, 10:09 PM
dandp
6th Gear
emobob - my car is the dyno test mule - I'll be going down to Helix on Wednesday, was the soonest Eric could get me in. Since we'll be testing the car stock first, I went back to the OEM setup so the ECU can adjust and I can get a feel for how "normal" is. I had another test filter setup for the past several weeks on the car, and was used to the sound and feel of it. Going back to stock is depressing.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:38 PM
retroom
4th Gear
>>I just thought of why I wasn't feeling the power increase as much before....my ecu probably just now adjusted to the increase air.
>>
>>Thats my guess anyways.

Emobob,

Thanks for your seat-of-pants analysis. I can't wait to get the Twister installed. Any performance gain, real or perceived, is a good thing. It's nice to have dyno results, but if the car doesn't feel faster the numbers don't mean anything.

Have you installed other performance mods?

retroom

Old 07-12-2003, 08:17 AM
MINIsota
1st Gear
>>MiniPilo has kindly offered to let me test out the Twister on my CVT. It will be shipped out this week. I should be able to do the testing along with dandp on his 5 speed the following week. Stay tuned for a full review.
>>
Harmini,
Have you gotten your Green Twister yet?
From what emobob is saying, it sounds like a good product. I'm just waiting for confirmation that it will fit the CVT before I order.
Thanks

Old 07-12-2003, 08:55 AM
HARMINI
5th Gear
>>>>MiniPilo has kindly offered to let me test out the Twister on my CVT. It will be shipped out this week. I should be able to do the testing along with dandp on his 5 speed the following week. Stay tuned for a full review.
>>>>
>>Harmini,
>>Have you gotten your Green Twister yet?
>>From what emobob is saying, it sounds like a good product. I'm just waiting for confirmation that it will fit the CVT before I order.
>>Thanks
>>

On Thursday, I met up with dandp and took a look at the intake (still in the box). We looked at the engines bays of both the CVT and the 5speed and due to the adjustable nature of the Twister clamp, I would say with about 95% certainty that the intake will fit.

Old 07-12-2003, 11:03 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
>>emobob - my car is the dyno test mule - I'll be going down to Helix on Wednesday, was the soonest Eric could get me in. Since we'll be testing the car stock first, I went back to the OEM setup so the ECU can adjust and I can get a feel for how "normal" is. I had another test filter setup for the past several weeks on the car, and was used to the sound and feel of it. Going back to stock is depressing.
>>
>>
What exhaust do you have on?

Old 07-12-2003, 11:10 AM
dandp
6th Gear
asodestrom - same as you - the Rogue!

Old 07-12-2003, 11:34 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
That's what I thought you had. Did you put your stock exhaust back on also?

Andy

Old 07-12-2003, 11:40 AM
dandp
6th Gear
asodestrom - no way. I've had the Rogue on for almost 14,000 miles now, when I meant stock, I meant the air filter and air box. Not sure I could handle going back to the stock exhaust at this point

Old 07-12-2003, 03:19 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
>>>>I just thought of why I wasn't feeling the power increase as much before....my ecu probably just now adjusted to the increase air.
>>>>
>>>>Thats my guess anyways.
>>
>>Emobob,
>>
>>Thanks for your seat-of-pants analysis. I can't wait to get the Twister installed. Any performance gain, real or perceived, is a good thing. It's nice to have dyno results, but if the car doesn't feel faster the numbers don't mean anything.
>>
>>Have you installed other performance mods?
>>
>>retroom

nope, broke college student...but that ends in exactly 3 weeks when I officially join the real world (oh boy ). After that its gonna be one heck of mod hey day, big plans...big plans indeed!

Old 07-12-2003, 11:05 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
Hey All,

Seems like some good comments so far about the intake. I'm glad to hear that. I have just got in from my trip, and am tired of a long flight, customs, and a driver that didn't show up until we called at the airport. Tomorrow morning when I'm refreshed I will look every thing over, and respond to the questions that need answering.

Thanks
Dan
Pilo Racing

Old 07-14-2003, 05:33 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
>>emobob - my car is the dyno test mule - I'll be going down to Helix on Wednesday, was the soonest Eric could get me in. Since we'll be testing the car stock first, I went back to the OEM setup so the ECU can adjust and I can get a feel for how "normal" is. I had another test filter setup for the past several weeks on the car, and was used to the sound and feel of it. Going back to stock is depressing.
>>
>>

E-mailed Eric today asking him to make an extra copy or 2 of the Dyno sheets for your Dyno Runs. I also want to get down there to evaluate some new things that I am working on. I am looking into a total Ignition upgrade that will work on the cooper as well as the S. It will include the Coils, Wires and a choice of spark Plugs (Std or Nitrous Compatable). that and a couple other things that I will keep quiet for now.

Emo I'm glad that you are liking the install.. post some pics when you get a chance.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Yeagy
2nd Gear
How long will it take to ship to zip code 75028? Just want to know if I will receive it before a road trip I have coming up.
Thanks
yeagy

Old 07-15-2003, 12:38 PM
retroom
4th Gear
Dan,

Any news on CARB certification and when it's expected to pass?

When can we start ordering the intake?

Thanks,

retroom

Old 07-15-2003, 02:24 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
No News on the carb yet. I will ask them about it again. Unfortionalty it is not my product design, and I can not do the carb testing for them. Regarding Shiping, I am holding off a little. I am going tonight to address some fitament issues that have been experienced. I will take lots of pictures so that we can make some better install instructions.

Thanks
Dan
Pilo Racing

Old 07-15-2003, 06:39 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
Here are some images for those of you having problems, I hope this helps.

Ill try to get a good picture of the resonator box area soon.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:00 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
Best pic of the resonator I can muster in the dark....

Old 07-15-2003, 07:01 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
Emobob, Thanks for the pictures. I have gone through the install again tonight, and have come up with a couple of suggestions. You can use the stock resonator, and attache the tube to the air outlet that it is part of, Or you can just leave the resonator in place, but remove the fabric tube and the origional intake piece and leave it the way that emo has it, but you could zip tie the end in place so that it does not move. I am also going to look into a silicon replacement for the fabric tube that will dress the engine bay up. I will be talking to green filter tomorrow to see what they say about these install options. Also Dandp will ge getting it dyno tested tomorrow with the different configurations to see how it does. and will get some ides from the helix crew on the install as well.

Thanks
Dan

Old 07-15-2003, 07:08 PM
emobob
2nd Gear
Leaving the resonator as a part of the intake path would be a no no (at least to me because I love the sound, I have no idea if it degrades performance any noticeable amount). Removing the resonator is probably the single biggest contributor the the increased intake sound.

2cents...

edit: I guess angelfire is crappy, and the pics arent loading RIGHT now, due to bandwidth limitations...give it a few hours I guess

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Mini Cooper Green Twister Intake Group Buy!! Open till July