Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain M7's own Super-AGS thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:22 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by PARTSMAN

Seeing that your sig states that you have an R53, and not an R56, then why come in here and sling your crap about a part that doesn't even fit your car?
Your sig also states R53, not R56. Then why are you here slinging your crap for products that don't fit your car?

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:24 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by M7
Nardo here again.
Take the numbers for what they're worth. As I've said, many people have their reservations about M7 and will stand on one side of the company no matter what gets posted or what doesn't get posted.

For that, I'm sorry. No matter who I work for, I would want the respect of people that potentially trust your work and opinions... especially considering the time and effort going into something. I'm not so much worried about the sale... but perhaps someday we can regain whatever respect you offer... otherwise my time and effort working and writing is just a wash.
Thanks It's to bad some still will not belive. They did the same thing 2000 years ago too

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:24 PM
6th Gear
Everyone on here has noticed, about 1,000 posts ago.

Seeing that your sig states that you have an R53, and not an R56, then why come in here and sling your crap about a part that doesn't even fit your car?
Because you hate Peter and M7, that's why. Every M7 thread you come across has to have you talking crap about something they post. The only reason you do it is because Jan and Peter don't get along. You like Jan, and hate Peter, so BAM, here's rustygirl slinging crap again.
Yea, we know you've had M7 stuff that didn't work for you, IT'S IN THE PAST NOW. You've made changes now that you're happy with, so grow up, get over it, and move on.

The friggin' kids these days... don't friggin' listen.
I was ticked off with M7 before I even knew who Jan was...

Nice set of assumptions yet again though.

If you don't like what I post, block me! That's what the "Ignore" button is for. You do realize that you're arguing for me to stop doing exactly what you're doing. I run in and badmouth something that i've tested, and know doesn't work, you run in and clean house, and make me look bad. I could say the same of you, grow up! If you don't like what I'm posting, then stop reading it. Wouldn't that be a lot more "Mature" than the sophomoric point by point I get every time I post something that doesn't look like I'm bending over for Peter?

Lastly, if you honestly think that age puts you in a position to talk down to other people, get a clue. I don't give a crap how much older than me you are, I'll make my OWN decisions and do what I want.

If you demand respect you damn well better have earned it. Having a few more birthday's than I doesn't mean you've attained some supreme level of respect from all the inferior "Kids".

(Before you take a jab at me for the above comment, I NEVER demanded respect from anyone on these forums, and frankly couldn't give a crap what anyone thinks about me because of what I post.)

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:25 PM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
Thanks It's to bad some still will not belive. They did the same thing 2000 years ago too
And still do. Keep god out of car forum discussions please?

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:29 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Well explained Nardo

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:29 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Your sig also states R53, not R56. Then why are you here slinging your crap for products that don't fit your car?
I couldn't care less about the product this thread was started on, and never slung anything. Just tired of rustygirl having to be in every M7 thread talking crap about said product. Just like you do.

Last edited by Partsman; 06-09-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2008 | 05:30 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by rustyboy155
And still do. Keep god out of car forum discussions please?
Why do you think i'm talking about GOD? Feel something stirring in you?

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:31 PM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by M7
Nardo here again. I've been out of the loop lately. I haven't had as much time to read through the forums as I used to (when I get home from work the last thing on my mind is MINI-anything). Peter asked me to read through and post something as I was the only one at the dyno when we ran the tests. I'm going to lay out as much as I can on the table so take it for what it's worth. It's gonna be long (insert "the Office" joke here) so bear with me. I know some people already have their reservations as far as the M7 image and I respect your choice whether good for the company or not. It's cool.

I honestly didn't pay much attention to this thread (or any thread for that matter) until I came back to the office with the dyno results so I apologize for delays and what not. As far as these latest results... here's the deal:
Peter didn't want to go back to the dyno we were originally using for reasons most people already know about. I won't go into it because you can probably use the search function and find out about it if it bothers anyone that much. Bottom line is we needed a new place and (because of the requests) we needed it fast. I was riding shotgun from a business meeting on a Thursday afternoon and tried calling 4 different places on the way back to the office. I was trying to make a next-day appointment so you can understand the trouble I ran into. At some places, the techs just didn't have time to do a comparison as they had appointments. One place was moving and dismantled their dyno. Another shop wouldn't be set up for another month. Anyone else I could think of off the top of my head was just too far as the car couldn't be in my possession for the whole day to drive somewhere. Anyways, I finally found a place that could accommodate the time we needed to run our tests.

Well... that's sort of like apples and oranges, isn't it?

I'll be honest, the torque gain at low RPM is odd. That's the first thing the dyno techs pointed out to me. So I had them run the intake a few more times and still got that bump. It was consistent, so I said "that's that then".

When I was in the shop I just let them run the dyno and didn't do anything but jump up before each run to make sure "overboost" was on and the traction control was off. The car was allowed to cool before both the aftermarket and oem intakes. The oem intake had a bit more time to cool as there were customers coming into the shop with emergency situations that needed the staff's attention.

The dyno was set up with two large scale fans. One was blowing head on. The other was blowing above this fan at an angle onto the engine bay. They ran consistently and constantly with the exception of the head-on fan dying during one of the Super AGS runs (this run obviously gave slightly lower numbers, but that spike at low RPMs was still present). Engine temps were monitored during the tests to ensure that both intakes were performing under equal conditions.

Take the numbers for what they're worth. As I've said, many people have their reservations about M7 and will stand on one side of the company no matter what gets posted or what doesn't get posted.

For that, I'm sorry. No matter who I work for, I would want the respect of people that potentially trust your work and opinions... especially considering the time and effort going into something. I'm not so much worried about the sale... but perhaps someday we can regain whatever respect you offer... otherwise my time and effort working and writing is just a wash.
Glad to know M7 actually has some employees that know how to post logically instead of getting into shouting matches and attacking anyone who doesn't believe them.

Still, 25 lb-ft of torque from an intake is too hard to swallow.

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:32 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor

Still, 25 lb-ft of torque from an intake is too hard to swallow.
Insert "the office" joke, again

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:33 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
I was ticked off with M7 before I even knew who Jan was...

Nice set of assumptions yet again though.

If you don't like what I post, block me! That's what the "Ignore" button is for. You do realize that you're arguing for me to stop doing exactly what you're doing. I run in and badmouth something that i've tested, and know doesn't work, you run in and clean house, and make me look bad. I could say the same of you, grow up! If you don't like what I'm posting, then stop reading it. Wouldn't that be a lot more "Mature" than the sophomoric point by point I get every time I post something that doesn't look like I'm bending over for Peter?

Lastly, if you honestly think that age puts you in a position to talk down to other people, get a clue. I don't give a crap how much older than me you are, I'll make my OWN decisions and do what I want.

If you demand respect you damn well better have earned it. Having a few more birthday's than I doesn't mean you've attained some supreme level of respect from all the inferior "Kids".

(Before you take a jab at me for the above comment, I NEVER demanded respect from anyone on these forums, and frankly couldn't give a crap what anyone thinks about me because of what I post.)
You just don't get it, maybe when you grow up you'll understand, but I won't hold my breath.

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:35 PM
goaljnky
Banned
I couldn't care less about the product this thread was started on, just tired of rustygirl having to be in every M7 thread talking crap about said product. Just like you do.
Oh, you mean kind of like the opposite of you being in every M7 thread. Or kind of exactly the same thing you were doing in every Webb thread. What a clown.

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:37 PM
goaljnky
Banned
That's what she.... nm...

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:38 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Oh, you mean kind of like the opposite of you being in every M7 thread. Or kind of exactly the same thing you were doing in every Webb thread. What a clown.
I think you need another round.

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:40 PM
JIMINNI
Banned

Wow, just wow. Do you hold open doors for little old ladies or do you just walk thru first? Do they "have to earn respect"?

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:42 PM
goaljnky
Banned
I think you need another round.
About as much as you need a clue.

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:42 PM
6th Gear
Belief and 2000 years ago rarely don't have something to do with god...

Definitely nothing stirring, I'm pretty against religion of any sort. Causes too many problems in the world...

It just gives people something else to argue about.

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:44 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
About as much as you need a clue.
Actually, I would like to know how much a box of wine costs these days?

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:46 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
That's what she.... nm...
HAHAHA....Funny stuff. I dislike M7 because Peter has blown me off a few times at multiple AMVIV's. Randy is cool and so is Nardo but I will NEVER buy one of their products even if it put down 1000 bajillion HP...that company can suck it...

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:48 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor

Definitely nothing stirring, I'm pretty against religion of any sort. Causes too many problems in the world...
Besides....none of the religions offer dyno graph proof to back up their claims

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:51 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Actually, I would like to know how much a box of wine costs these days?
Slightly more than the price of Peter's integrity.

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:52 PM
6th Gear
Wow, just wow. Do you hold open doors for little old ladies or do you just walk thru first? Do they "have to earn respect"?
I hold open doors for most people (Not just little old ladies), because I like to think I'm generally a nice guy.

Most certainly, anyone who demands something is going to lose major points with me, I don't care if they're a little old lady or a 14 year old kid.

The logic that age dictates respect is a little too 19th century for me. For me, people start with no points, flatline, open slate. Walking in and demanding all sorts of things as if you're somehow better than me = negative points. Asking nicely and talking rationally = positive points.

It's really not a difficult concept, and it's rather like how things work out in the real world. Ever walk into a bank and DEMAND that everyone get out of line and let you go first? Why? I don't know you?

You might think that example is different, but it's no different than some random internet big-shot demanding that I ask how high every time he says jump simply because he read in a few posts that I'm younger than he is.

I once heard a businessman explain to me how he doesn't just ask for special treatment, he expects it. I wondered in my mind how the hell someone expects to be treated special simply because. Now I understand that some people just think that they're extraordinary.

The reality is we're all equal, and having money, or age, or even a vast level of intellect doesn't make you any better than anyone else.

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:55 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
Besides....none of the religions offer dyno graph proof to back up their claims
Jesus Head does...

/runs for cover

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:57 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by UKSUV
HAHAHA....Funny stuff. I dislike M7 because Peter has blown me off a few times at multiple AMVIV's. Randy is cool and so is Nardo but I will NEVER buy one of their products even if it put down 1000 bajillion HP...that company can suck it...
I have to say, Nardo is the one bright point to this whole thing. Having met Peter a few times I can relate to what you're saying. I felt violated afterwards. Every time.

Old 06-09-2008 | 06:00 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
I hold open doors for most people (Not just little old ladies), because I like to think I'm generally a nice guy.

Most certainly, anyone who demands something is going to lose major points with me, I don't care if they're a little old lady or a 14 year old kid.

The logic that age dictates respect is a little too 19th century for me. For me, people start with no points, flatline, open slate. Walking in and demanding all sorts of things as if you're somehow better than me = negative points. Asking nicely and talking rationally = positive points.

It's really not a difficult concept, and it's rather like how things work out in the real world. Ever walk into a bank and DEMAND that everyone get out of line and let you go first? Why? I don't know you?

You might think that example is different, but it's no different than some random internet big-shot demanding that I ask how high every time he says jump simply because he read in a few posts that I'm younger than he is.

I once heard a businessman explain to me how he doesn't just ask for special treatment, he expects it. I wondered in my mind how the hell someone expects to be treated special simply because. Now I understand that some people just think that they're extraordinary.

The reality is we're all equal, and having money, or age, or even a vast level of intellect doesn't make you any better than anyone else.
I completely agree with you on this. I have never demanded anything of you, but I have seen you over and over speak harshly to people here on NAM just because of what they belive. You seem to be the demanding one.

Old 06-09-2008 | 06:02 PM
6th Gear
I have to say, Nardo is the one bright point to this whole thing. Having met Peter a few times I can relate to what you're saying. I felt violated afterwards. Every time.
Yup, I've never met Nardo but I've met Randy, and he seems like a fairly nice guy (Aside from all the personal attacks). Every time I meet Peter I feel like I'm watching one of those infomercials on some random foreigner that made millions using some convoluted scheme and is here today to "tell you how he did it!".

Quick Reply: Drivetrain M7's own Super-AGS thread