Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain M7's own Super-AGS thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008 | 06:02 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by goaljnky
I have to say, Nardo is the one bright point to this whole thing. Having met Peter a few times I can relate to what you're saying. I felt violated afterwards. Every time.
you felt violated?
Couldn't help myself

Old 06-09-2008 | 06:05 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
you felt violated?
Couldn't help myself
Well, you know, it only hurts if you fight it.

Old 06-09-2008 | 06:12 PM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
I completely agree with you on this. I have never demanded anything of you, but I have seen you over and over speak harshly to people here on NAM just because of what they belive. You seem to be the demanding one.
I didn't say you did.

I speak harshly to people that stand up for products with no basis. People try to defend parts they bought and clearly have no actual experience other than "It feels better".

A lot of the harshness comes from repeating things over and over again. NAM is very cyclic. Every few weeks we see the same threads pop up all over again. No matter how many stickies, or how good the search, people are just going to post questions.

I hear people talk about hearing me post the same crap all the time, guess what, new audience, same gripes! It's great that people are tired of reading it (/ignore?), but if I don't post it again, chances are nobody will have a clue. Yea, the posts are still up, buried on page 149 of the forums after just a few weeks. I think we all know search sucks, and even if it didn't, people don't know what to look for.

I don't keep posting this crap because I want to **** off Partsman, or Peter, or anyone else who's read it 43 times, I post it for the guy that waddles in with 11 posts under his belt and goes "Hey guys! What do you think about such and such's parts!". 9 times out of 10 everyone gets bent out of shape that I posted a negative review, then a $#@! slinging contest ensues between the people that do like their parts, and the people that don't.

I certainly don't "Demand" anything from anyone. Like I said, if people don't like what I have to say, again /ignore me, doesn't bother me one bit.

Cliff Notes:
Search Sucks
Nobody uses Search because it sucks
The "Reviews" section of the site is pointless
I'm Very Blunt

Old 06-09-2008 | 06:24 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Originally Posted by M7
When I was in the shop I just let them run the dyno and didn't do anything but jump up before each run to make sure "overboost" was on and the traction control was off.
I'm just curious how you make sure overboost is on ?
& also, how traction control is off, after any single dyno fwd run the traction control fault light comes on due to the front & rear wheel speed differences, so if the car's shut down, you need to unhook it & drive around until the light goes out again.

With the Alta Turbo-back exhaust I wasn't able to pull numbers remotely like what I'd seen posted & I suspect 'overboost' wasn't on ? any tips ?

I would really like to see a back to back comparison including your Super-AGS & your AGS-R, position the fans however you like, but it'd also be great to see the air temps to go with the HP/TQ...

Old 06-09-2008 | 06:48 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rustyboy155
I work with computers all day long, there's plenty I could do to a website if I wanted to push an agenda.
You know there are plenty of other people on here with a computer sciences degree & I'm sure a good portion of us have plenty more experience then you. Threatening to hack/meddle with NAM just goes to show what an immature little turd you are, maybe we ought to call your mother & have her ground you. BTW, living at home does not equal financial independence.

Thankfully NAM has a great little feature, click on rustyboy155's name above his post & you can add him to your Ignore list. While it might not block all the drama he creates, it may help lower overall blood pressure.

Old 06-09-2008 | 07:05 PM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by n1tr0
You know there are plenty of other people on here with a computer sciences degree & I'm sure a good portion of us have plenty more experience then you. Threatening to hack/meddle with NAM just goes to show what an immature little turd you are, maybe we ought to call your mother & have her ground you. BTW, living at home does not equal financial independence.

Thankfully NAM has a great little feature, click on rustyboy155's name above his post & you can add him to your Ignore list. While it might not block all the drama he creates, it may help lower overall blood pressure.
Hack? No... that'd be silly. I wouldn't waste my time trying to hack into an auto forum (Nor would I waste my time trying to learn how to). There are plenty of other ways to cause mayhem on the web, most of which have nothing to do with hacking.

Congrats on your (Or anyone else's) CS degree. I'd rather not waste 4 years of my life learning to write 15 year old programming languages and artificially intelligent pong games.

I'm interested in far more lucrative entrepreneurial ventures than sitting in front of a computer screen all day and writing code for 26 bucks an hour.

I have no doubt there are plenty far more knowledgeable computer employed members on NAM that myself (What that has to do with my comment I'm not sure).

I never said living at home equaled anything, other than in my mind, a wise financial decision. I'm not sure why I'm defending my choice to live at home, rather than living somewhere else and wasting money I could be saving or spending on other things.

My mother (Or father) couldn't give half a crap what I post on a forum, it's not their life to run, and they like some other people understand the concept of individuals running their own lives, and minding their own business. I'm nearly 22 not 13.

Not sure what's to be gained by calling me names, if I'm a turd, I'm apparently a turd that's logical and whimsical enough to argue a point without jabbing personal attacks at the other person.

As for blocking me, I've encouraged people on many occasions to block me if they don't like what I post. Sadly, I really don't care. *shrug*

Old 06-09-2008 | 07:11 PM
minimusprime
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rustyboy155
Congrats on your (Or anyone else's) CS degree. I'd rather not waste 4 years of my life learning to write 15 year old programming languages and artificially intelligent pong games.
offensive dood... and completely wrong... I won't go into specifics of what you are taught in cs school... i will say that this couldn't be further from the truth. plain and simple.

Old 06-09-2008 | 07:21 PM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minimusprime
offensive dood... and completely wrong... I won't go into specifics of what you are taught in cs school... i will say that this couldn't be further from the truth. plain and simple.
Challenging courses that have no bearing on my career.

COMP 111 - Introduction to Computer Science and Object-Oriented Programming (4)
COMP 121 - Object-Oriented Data Structures and Algorithms I (4)
COMP 201 - Principles of Computer Organization (2)
COMP 202 - Principles of Computer Languages (2)
COMP 203 - Principles of Operating Systems (2)
COMP 204 - Principles of Computer Networks (2)
COMP 205 - Survey of Computer Languages (4)
COMP 281 - Database Management Systems (4)
COMP 294 - Computer Science Practicum I (2)
COMP 311 - Object-Oriented Data Structures and Algorithms II (4)
COMP 321 - Application Server Programming (4)
COMP 325 - Human Computer Interaction (4)
COMP 394 - Computer Science Practicum II (2)
COMP 461 - Enterprise Software Architecture (4)
COMP 486 - Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (4)
COMP 495 - Computer Science Practicum III / Capstone (4)
MATH 170 - Discrete Mathematics (4)
MIS 300 - Management Information Systems (4)
MIS 320 - Technical Communication (4)
MIS 484 - Information Systems Security (4)
Major Area Elective (4)
Any course in the Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Sciences, or Web Development curriculum.
Any course, up to 4 credit hours, from another curriculum with approval from the Computer Science Program Chair.
Sorry if my post offended CS grads, it was more intended to illustrate the lack of a connection between what I posted and what a CS degree is for.

Old 06-09-2008 | 07:26 PM
minimusprime
6th Gear
look nick... while at a certain point i may share some sentiment on a few mini related topics with you... your inner need to have the last word detracts from your knowledge.

you know absolutely nothing about what you are taught in cs school. don't comment on it... don't assume you know because you simply don't. you want to bag on some vendor for not posting results... fair enough. but you get so caught up in battling over the internet that you can't even see that at points you start to look foolish. in this case whatever you have quoted there means nothing. you simply couldn't be more wrong then you are right now and you can't begin to know the depth of what is taught by those classes and the professors that teach them... until you have studied and extracted every little bit of knowledge from a top 10 researcher in that field.

step away from the keyboard... hit the preview button... and think to yourself... is it really necessary to respond to this post in the fashion i intend to. People will be idiots no matter what little tidbit of info you have learned and can interject in your two decades worth of experience... don't join them by just posting for the sake of posting.

Let... It... Go. And take a page from your own book... earn respect, don't just force it on people.

Last edited by minimusprime; 06-09-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2008 | 09:40 PM
NY_R56
2nd Gear
Can we get back on the M7 Super-AGS subject again?

Old 06-09-2008 | 10:24 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by NY_R56
Can we get back on the M7 Super-AGS subject again?
go for it....

you have one....talk about it, since no one else has

Old 06-10-2008 | 07:41 PM
silversmoke06
Banned
Oh no were not getting back on the Damn M7 Super-AGS subject just yet.
Because i have something to say.
They have to realise that provoking anyone is a badd badd idea.
most of the time anything he posts would'ent annoy or offend anyone if people didnt get a stick in there butt about how hes not polite.
Im well m not either.
This site has gone down hill.
Sure its a free forum and all but seriously grow up what color and what to name him/her.
Its like people will be asking for advice how to wipe in the bathroom.
Its really frustrating for someone like me to try to read.
everyone gets on the people who post reguarly on everything.
I do post on anything that catches my attention.
So its only natural that nick and others post on more topics
And seriously you guys pulling age into it, At what age do you stop calling eachother names Like Rustygirl. GROW UP AND MAN UP.
If you don't like it you leave. you ignore me or others.
Its suppose to be a free site. everyone should be able to post accordingly.
(yes even the name people)
This Is stupid. and we all need to grow up.
Also the bringing god up don't do it again. Thats not how religon is suppose to work. and don't make it be that way.

Colin

Last edited by silversmoke06; 06-12-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Because i felt like not getting banned yet.
Old 06-10-2008 | 07:54 PM
silversmoke06
Banned
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=101043
geeze now i know why partsman is such an M7 supporter.
He even feels the need to point out the random rusty bolts that are on the intercooler.
Seems to me that he wouldent need to if he wasent so worried about what everyone thinks of them.
M7 for life yall!

Last edited by silversmoke06; 06-10-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Gnatster made me....
Old 06-10-2008 | 08:01 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Silversmoke06

Want to edit that and not bash the person. Aren't we trying to have a civil discourse.

Why not something.

Gee, now I think I know why partsman runs in to defend M7. This thread is my reference.

Be the bigger man...

Last edited by gnatster; 06-10-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-10-2008 | 08:31 PM
silversmoke06
Banned
you umm never got back to me on the pm that i sent you

Old 06-10-2008 | 08:50 PM
Krut
6th Gear
I've been in the MINI Community since before the beginning - I'm extremely disappointed in the electronic thuggery that has developed on this forum. I suggest before you post a reply bashing a Vendor and/or a user (which is REALLY bad form) think about the reasons we are in this unique community and temper your responses.

If I were a newbie on this forum and saw these juevenile posts I would go back to MINI2 - have some respect for each other and allow that differences will occur.

Also learn to use the PM function if you're going to have an electronic cage fight with each other.

Since Gnatster is involved I'm not going to lock this thread just yet.

Old 06-19-2008 | 12:46 AM
Zimmy330
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Krut
I've been in the MINI Community since before the beginning - I'm extremely disappointed in the electronic thuggery that has developed on this forum. I suggest before you post a reply bashing a Vendor and/or a user (which is REALLY bad form) think about the reasons we are in this unique community and temper your responses.

If I were a newbie on this forum and saw these juevenile posts I would go back to MINI2 - have some respect for each other and allow that differences will occur.

Also learn to use the PM function if you're going to have an electronic cage fight with each other.

Since Gnatster is involved I'm not going to lock this thread just yet.
+1

I'm a noob to the MINI world...I came here to seek answers but all I see lately on this forum is hostility. Just head over to the exhaust thread and read the 2.5" vs 3" subject....man simpily unbelievable . It's ridiculous having to read through 9 pages of crap and still have no clue about a product. Feels as though I'm in a VTEC or Scion forum. Depressing

Old 06-19-2008 | 04:46 AM
ltjpunk7
4th Gear
wow, it is ridiculous how many people get off on this stuff. isn't that what ****'s for?

why hasn't this thread been shut down yet. i could give a **** about m7 or RMW, i just know this argument won't stop without a little lock next to its title.

Old 06-19-2008 | 04:48 AM
Krut
6th Gear
Well it's kind of dead.. if you note I last posted on June 10, 2008.

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:03 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Zimmy330
+1

I'm a noob to the MINI world...I came here to seek answers but all I see lately on this forum is hostility. Just head over to the exhaust thread and read the 2.5" vs 3" subject....man simpily unbelievable . It's ridiculous having to read through 9 pages of crap and still have no clue about a product. Feels as though I'm in a VTEC or Scion forum. Depressing
Boo hoo....

Every forum I've been on has debates and banter such as the 2.5" vs 3" debate on the exhaust thread. Ferrari, Audi, Porsche, BMW, MINI...they're all the same, just different things being discussed.

They are open DISCUSSION forums and people are having discussions. How boring would it be if we just had 1 vendor come in and make rediculous claims and no discussion that circles around those claims? I certainly wouldn't use that forum.

Theres a nice, peaceful MINI forum with lots of kind British folk...perhaps thats more up your alley. www.mini2.com

Old 06-19-2008 | 10:15 AM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ThumperMCS
Boo hoo....

Every forum I've been on has debates and banter such as the 2.5" vs 3" debate on the exhaust thread. Ferrari, Audi, Porsche, BMW, MINI...they're all the same, just different things being discussed.

They are open DISCUSSION forums and people are having discussions. How boring would it be if we just had 1 vendor come in and make rediculous claims and no discussion that circles around those claims? I certainly wouldn't use that forum.

Theres a nice, peaceful MINI forum with lots of kind British folk...perhaps thats more up your alley. www.mini2.com
They're peaceful because they just ban anyone that starts a disagreement... It's like Mr. Roger's World over there...

I know of at least 7-8 people that post regularly on here that are banned, along with several vendors.

Old 06-19-2008 | 10:25 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
What do you expect. Data gets posted that is so out of range with what others have posted it gets questioned. When there is no reply it gets questioned even more. I'm saying the past in this thread was perfect but shouldn't anyone that wants that thinks the data might be wonky ask for a clarification?

Old 06-19-2008 | 10:28 AM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
What do you expect. Data gets posted that is so out of range with what others have posted it gets questioned. When there is no reply it gets questioned even more. I'm saying the past in this thread was perfect but shouldn't anyone that wants that thinks the data might be wonky ask for a clarification?
A man of few words but great wisdom.

Nate

Old 06-20-2008 | 01:23 PM
got.pho?
4th Gear
is data so hard to ask for? =[ haha

Old 06-21-2008 | 10:50 AM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by got.pho?
is data so hard to ask for? =[ haha
Data was posted, and talked about.

Lets move on...