Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain M7's own Super-AGS thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008 | 05:28 PM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
The thing is, people buy it just for the sound it makes. If that is what they want, then it's worth it.
I wasn't addressing those people, I was commenting on the lack of any dyno results despite the fact that some were promised to the rest of the people in here that care about performance.

Old 05-13-2008 | 05:34 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by rustyboy155
I wasn't addressing those people, I was commenting on the lack of any dyno results despite the fact that some were promised to the rest of the people in here that care about performance.
You must have had a bad childhood .

Old 05-13-2008 | 05:37 PM
6th Gear
You must have had a bad childhood .
By many accounts I'm still a child. I like to think my life is pretty good though.

Old 05-13-2008 | 05:44 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
And I think it has been hashed out many times already that all intakes are not much different in numbers than any other, for the R53.

Old 05-13-2008 | 05:46 PM
6th Gear
And I think it has been hashed out many times already that all intakes are not much different in numbers than any other, for the R53.
I'm aware of that, that doesn't mean people don't want to see dyno results.

Hence my comment, that they're probably not going to see any.

Sounds like M7 promised some or they wouldn't all be sitting around waiting for some info.

Old 05-13-2008 | 06:52 PM
spam052
2nd Gear
what i want to know is when am i going to get the one i ordered!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2008 | 07:06 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
[quote=rustyboy155;2229096]The AGS-"R" is for the R56.

The AGS (I think they went through 3 versions) is for the R53, and was the first intake M7 sold, before they hijacked Randy Webb's design on the DDM HDI box. M7 stopped selling the DDM/HDI box (At least the original one that looked exactly like Randy's) after their M62 project blew up.

Rusty you are really a piece of work sometimes . We took on the HDI box only after DDM severed ties with Randy because he was not paying his bills . DDM had a bunch of product backing up and no outlet for them . He first asked us to take them on while he was still dealing with Webb and we refused saying that once he was done with him we would help him move them. We were making approx $ 10 a piece on them so there is no way we would have bothered with " highjacking " a design. We now have our own system and no longer sell the DDM box. Do your self a favor and get all the facts before typing what you think you know in a public forum. We see each other around too much not to.

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 05-13-2008 | 07:14 PM
The Greek
1st Gear
I made my comment out of frustration, but in no way wanted to question the credibility of M7 Tuning. Everyone knows they are a great company, but the last few posts by M7 stated that they had indeed dynoed the intake, and had results....

I know that all intakes get the same performance gains, but I believe that particular theory doesnt pertain to this intake. It is a completely different design that the rest of the field, so I am curious as to the power gain, and most important, the power/torque curve.

Can anyone from the M7 camp reply directly to my question??

Old 05-13-2008 | 08:52 PM
M7
|
Former Vendor
I never stated we had a dyno sheet of the final version...period

The Super-AGS is a very complex product indeed, and it has taken longer than we expected to get it to the market place, and for that I do appologize.

We are starting to deliver the product this week, but the list of pre ordered
units is very long so some of you might have to wait just a little bit longer.

And yes we will have some dyno sheet shortly.

Peter
M7 tuning
562-608-8123

Old 05-13-2008 | 09:14 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
gah... woops wrong button LOL.... carry on...

oh and Rustboy... the "webb" box was never the webb box.. it was always DDMs.... people can call it what they will... change it how ever they want... it's still the DDM box... just copied....

Old 05-13-2008 | 09:18 PM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tüls
gah... woops wrong button LOL.... carry on...

oh and Rustboy... the "webb" box was never the webb box.. it was always DDMs.... people can call it what they will... change it how ever they want... it's still the DDM box... just copied....
Good to know...

Old 05-13-2008 | 09:19 PM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
The AGS-"R" is for the R56.

The AGS (I think they went through 3 versions) is for the R53, and was the first intake M7 sold, before they hijacked Randy Webb's design on the DDM HDI box. M7 stopped selling the DDM/HDI box (At least the original one that looked exactly like Randy's) after their M62 project blew up.
Rusty you are really a piece of work sometimes . We took on the HDI box only after DDM severed ties with Randy because he was not paying his bills . DDM had a bunch of product backing up and no outlet for them . He first asked us to take them on while he was still dealing with Webb and we refused saying that once he was done with him we would help him move them. We were making approx $ 10 a piece on them so there is no way we would have bothered with " highjacking " a design. We now have our own system and no longer sell the DDM box. Do your self a favor and get all the facts before typing what you think you know in a public forum. We see each other around too much not to.

Randy
M7 Tuning
Then it's good you set the record straight.

Old 05-14-2008 | 07:16 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Yes it is, but to late for the slander to get out. The Bible says it this way: James 3:5 Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.

Old 05-14-2008 | 07:19 AM
PGT
Banned
Yes it is, but to late for the slander to get out. The Bible says it this way: James 3:5 Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.
bible ref's FTL

Old 05-14-2008 | 07:21 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Hmm, I guess you are not the only one that needs to get their facts straight. There is always the other side of the story. Such as not receiving the products the payment was demanded for.

Old 05-14-2008 | 08:00 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by PGT
bible ref's FTL
Don't understand that 1?

Old 05-14-2008 | 08:05 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Don't understand that 1?
It means there is enough monkey poop being thrown around without adding a religious aspect to it.

Old 05-14-2008 | 08:31 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by goaljnky
It means there is enough monkey poop being thrown around without adding a religious aspect to it.
But it made sense didn't it .

Old 05-14-2008 | 08:41 AM
PGT
Banned
sorry, I don't speak Middle English

Old 05-14-2008 | 08:43 AM
goaljnky
Banned
The problem with quotes from The Bible is that it makes different sense to different people. I say we should have plenty to disagree about just by discussing how [The Super-AGS is a] very complex an air filter can get.

Old 05-14-2008 | 08:50 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by PGT
sorry, I don't speak Middle English
The problem with quotes from The Bible is that it makes different sense to different people. I say we should have plenty to disagree about just by discussing how [The Super-AGS is a] very complex an air filter can get.
How about this one: Loose lips, sink ships . P.S. sorry M7 for all this .

Last edited by JIMINNI; 05-14-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2008 | 09:19 AM
6th Gear
Wow...
Politics are a controversial topic but Religion is ok? This forum gets more and more confusing every day.

Old 05-14-2008 | 09:21 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Wow...
Politics are a controversial topic but Religion is ok? This forum gets more and more confusing every day.
Wasn't a topic, just a quote.

Old 05-14-2008 | 09:21 AM
6th Gear
I'd tend to agree, we have enough to debate (How complex air filters are) without throwing scientifically irrelevant (and unprovable), all powerful deities into the mix...

Old 05-14-2008 | 09:22 AM
goaljnky
Banned
How about this one: Loose lips, sink ships . P.S. sorry M7 for all this .
I like that one. I always thought that applied to keeping secrets. Are you saying there are secrets to be kept here? I mean, except for the dyno results, of course.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain M7's own Super-AGS thread