Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain My ALTA 3in CATBACK Then and NOW....FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008 | 07:50 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by provofam
the tune I specified is for the Alta CAI and the Alta Cat Back, maybe I don't. How about it Adam, is it okay to install the PNP prior to the Cat Back exhaust installation?
Thanks for asking. As I mentioned in your PM where you asked the same question that I would go ahead and mount the PNP with the parts that you do have, then set it to Map O for a bit. (O is the UniChip Map I is the ALTA Map you requested.) Either one should be a-ok!

Also, the dual tip is on B/O for a bit in one of the colors Stealth I think. So if you want to switch to the Oval to get it sooner, let us know.

Thanks again for the business and the patience! You will love it!

Old 07-20-2008 | 08:14 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Don't know whether anyone has posted pictures of the Alta "Stealth" dual tip installed, so here are a few on my Astro Black MCS. Really looks great and sounds great, too. Bought it through Coast to Coast. Thanks, Cliff.

Old 07-20-2008 | 08:47 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
JC_SCOOPER: Looks great! Glad Cliff was able to help you out!

Thanks again.

Old 07-21-2008 | 06:17 AM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Thank you too, Adam. This morning was my first highway commute with it and I really enjoyed the sound. Very nice, only slightly louder than OEM cruising, but when I stepped on it, it gave me and those around me a nice loud growl on up through each gear. Feels like there is a noticeable added kick, too.

Old 07-21-2008 | 10:57 AM
TBMINI
2nd Gear
Hey love the look! Can't wait to here it!

Old 07-22-2008 | 08:29 AM
cliff@coasttocoastusa
Former Sponsor
Thanks for your business and I'm glad you are pleased with the results. Looks great on the astro black. Who wants to polish their exhaust every wash anyway?

Old 07-22-2008 | 12:20 PM
Astro S
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cliff@coasttocoastusa
Who wants to polish their exhaust every wash anyway?
I do !! LoL
And I'll start right after I get Alta's polished dual tip CB installed on July 30!

Old 07-22-2008 | 01:44 PM
TBMINI
2nd Gear
Cliff great ALTA prices!!!

Expect to see more of me!!!

Old 07-22-2008 | 08:53 PM
donuttang
3rd Gear
Adam@alta,

i am checking with NA motoring for international ordering, mine is a UK right hand drive model, any differences with the parts for UK model? i saw that must use Alta downpipe in your site, why can't i just cut the pipe just like the US model? any harm or issue if not changing the downpipe at the same time? i talked to the dealer and they said that error will be shown if changed to any performance cat...isn't it true?

can you share some idea here? or PM me...

in the realome page of the exhaust, RealOEM.com Home => Select another car => EXHAUST SYSTEM => CATALYTIC CONVERTER/FRONT SILENCER - there are actually 2 pipes listed, isn't is one for UK and one for US?? I have chosed UK\RHD while doing the search....

Last edited by donuttang; 07-23-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2008 | 06:51 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JC Scooper
Thank you too, Adam. This morning was my first highway commute with it and I really enjoyed the sound. Very nice, only slightly louder than OEM cruising, but when I stepped on it, it gave me and those around me a nice loud growl on up through each gear. Feels like there is a noticeable added kick, too.
PERFECT! That is exactly what we want!

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:53 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by donuttang
Adam@alta,

i am checking with NA motoring for international ordering, mine is a UK right hand drive model, any differences with the parts for UK model? i saw that must use Alta downpipe in your site, why can't i just cut the pipe just like the US model? any harm or issue if not changing the downpipe at the same time? i talked to the dealer and they said that error will be shown if changed to any performance cat...isn't it true?

can you share some idea here? or PM me...

in the realome page of the exhaust, RealOEM.com Home => Select another car => EXHAUST SYSTEM => CATALYTIC CONVERTER/FRONT SILENCER - there are actually 2 pipes listed, isn't is one for UK and one for US?? I have chosed UK\RHD while doing the search....
Thanks for asking! Good news bad news. The exhaust WILL fit REALLY will on the EU models. The only difference is on the EU model they replaced what we have as a secondary catalyst with a resonator. Your resonator is in a slightly different position that makes the included coupler difficult to install. It can be done and there are a ton of people on NAM that have done it successfully. Worst case a local muffler shop may have to trim a bit fo pipe for you, but that is it!

Let me know if I can help further!

Old 07-23-2008 | 07:27 AM
donuttang
3rd Gear
what kind of trimming is needed? can it be done by myself? please give me more info on what needs to be done?

Old 07-24-2008 | 06:50 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by donuttang
what kind of trimming is needed? can it be done by myself? please give me more info on what needs to be done?
You can likely do it yourself. Trying to find the photos sent to me by another client overseas that would help here. Let me try my work computer later today!

Old 07-24-2008 | 07:03 AM
donuttang
3rd Gear
really appreciate...really want to squeeze some more power and sound from alta kit......

Old 07-24-2008 | 02:09 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cliff@coasttocoastusa
Thanks for your business and I'm glad you are pleased with the results. Looks great on the astro black. Who wants to polish their exhaust every wash anyway?
Well, it's been raining for 24 hrs and my exhaust tips really are dirty today! I don't think the polished tips showed the dirt this way. Of course, I've learned that's true of anything finished in black! So I will certainly be polishing the stealth tips this weekend! Seems like they are getting a bit louder too, already. I'll have to go underneath just to make sure everything is still tight!

Old 07-25-2008 | 07:25 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JC Scooper
Well, it's been raining for 24 hrs and my exhaust tips really are dirty today! I don't think the polished tips showed the dirt this way. Of course, I've learned that's true of anything finished in black! So I will certainly be polishing the stealth tips this weekend! Seems like they are getting a bit louder too, already. I'll have to go underneath just to make sure everything is still tight!
Keep me posted if I can help further! Thanks again for the business!