Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Not Happy with Alta Tech Support and Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008 | 07:37 AM
PGT
Banned
Koulis - PM me what you need from Alta and we'll get you taken care of.

Old 07-22-2008 | 07:44 AM
ChrisMCS04
Peace Keeper
Originally Posted by koulis
dear ALTA

it seems that making laughs about the others problems is a nice way to overcome dissatisfaction,isn't it?

making good products is something you are good at, as good as being diplomatic.....

but your customer support is not good whether you like it or not....

i have contacted you several times and i have almost pleased you to send me staff in greece but everytime you answer that we have a local dealer there. although i have told you that i am not willing to pay double price (because this is the price your local dealer charges) you are willing to help me.

you dont answer to me, or even if you do, you continiously mention your dealer.

i will not allow me self to be fooled and pay double price .no matter your behaviour.
I personally have never had an issue with ALTA, that is why I have so many of their parts. But if PGT cannot help you there is another solution out there!

Get on ebay and buy from one of the ebay dealers! Wether or not they are approved(by ALTA) they are selling legit products that are authentic! And its cheaper than MSRP!!!

Find them here:
http://stores.ebay.com/BOOSTKITS_ALT...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
http://stores.ebay.com/To-The-Limit-...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I personally have not used these sellers...there was one on ebay a little bit ago I think his user name was highperformanceoutlet or something close to that...I bought a Short Shifter from him and it is great!

Last edited by ChrisMCS04; 07-22-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-23-2008 | 12:05 AM
koulis
Neutral
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
Koulis: I thank you for your post as well as your continued interest in ALTA Performance Products.
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI

I must disagree and that your situation must be excluded from this conversation as we have a contractual agreement with our local dealer in Greece not sell directly. That dealer has gone to great lengths to stock and support ALTA products and as such the local MSRP may be higher than bringing in product directly from the USA / ALTA.

That simply ISN'T a customer service issue at all. We never failed to help you, or failed to answer an e-mail ( I remember your e-mail specifically) I in fact even placed an e-mail to the local Greek dealer to see if he could help you.

While you may be frustrated that ALTA can't sell to you directly, that in no means is reflective of poor customer service.

Thank you again for your post. Noticing you only have 3 posts to your account as of this reply, you should really get farther into the NAM community. I know you as well as others would gain from higher participation.

Chat soon!

Adam thank you very much about your very quick reply

i never though that you would give the oppurtunity to ask you the following question.

on your post you wrote

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']That simply ISN'T a customer service issue at all. We never failed to help you, or failed to answer an e-mail ( I remember your e-mail specifically) I in fact even placed an e-mail to the local Greek dealer to see if he could help you.[/FONT]

Can you please answer what will happen if I present an email to the NAM members, an email send by one of your colleagues to me that says that YOU (alta) ARE GOING TO SEND ME THE STAFF I WANT.

please tell me how do you support your customers when they telll you that your local dealer sells staff 25%-50% more expensive than other dealers in europe? dont you believe me again? do you want me to post addresses here that proof that more than 5 different shops in five different countries around the Europian Union support my words?

Please tell me how do you support a customer when he says that he is not willing to pay extra money for something he can buy from somewhere else with less money.HOW DO YOU SUPPORT ME NOW?

Let me answer on the last question. YOU DONT. But its ok. i bought the staff i wanted from an other dealer in USA.
I received the staff.
I paid no fee to the local MSRR.

MY SITYATION MUST NOT BE EXCLUDED FROM THIS CONVERSATION.

YOU DID NOT SUPPORT ME AS YOU SAID (remember the email I mentioned previously)
YOU FAILED ANSWERING MY LATTER MAILS

YOUR LOCAL DEALER NEVER ANSWER TO THE EMAIL YOU SEND (I do you blame alta about that)

AND YOU DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR GREEK CUSTOMER BY ALLOWING YOUR LOCAL DEALER SELLING ALTA STAFF SO EXPENSIVE.

i am looking forward to your reply
thank you in advance

Old 07-23-2008 | 04:43 AM
kgardnez
4th Gear
Not Happy with Alta Tech Support and Customer Service

Koulis,

It could be things work differently in the European market (though I've never heard as such), however the US free market dictates the following:

1. Alta is NOT responsible for making sure a local dealer responds to you. It is nice for you to tell them their dealer is inadequate so they might improve this, but they are not required to flog the dealer for your response. This is like calling P&G because your local supermarket has a high price on soap.

2. Typical selling contracts through dealer will dictate minimum selling prices but not maximums as these are dictated by the local market. Alta is NOT responsible to force your dealer to sell you something at a certain price. Use the market and buy it cheaper elsewhere, through your actions the dealer should get the idea.

3. Alta's hands are tied by their contracts with their dealers, they cannot undercut your dealer without risking legal action. As you can expect, any lawyer fees would quickly be higher than the profits from your order.

If your emails to Alta have been as angry as your posts here, they have every right to not respond as you are being unreasonable.

Old 07-23-2008 | 05:05 AM
koulis
Neutral
Kgardnez
Thank you for you interest and participation
You are 100% right but I think you missed one point
I never blamed Alta because their local dealers are selling their products at very high price.
All I asked is them to send me some items. They answered me that they have a dealer in Greece and that I should target my willing to them
I replied to them that I do not want to buy from them for all the reasons I mentioned above and I insisted on buying from them. I never got an answer.
Then I send an email again to an other person in alta and the respond was positive. they answered that they will send me that staff in Greece and specifically they asked to specify the area to calculate shipping. I replied immediately but that was the last time I ever got a mail from alta.
You can see the emails if just Adam asks for.
And not just the words but print screens too...
I am quite disappointed because I was fooled and I want to express my disappointment through this fabulous website. If this is not bad customer support what is it?
Something more, Alta is one of the top worldwide and being on the top list means not just producing good products but supporting your customers worldwide. I was not supported. I lost time and hours in front of a computer screen.
I am not asking for refunds and staff like that. I just want alta to understand about my disappointment and become better.

Old 07-23-2008 | 05:20 AM
kgardnez
4th Gear
Koulis,

I can tell you what likely happened, but Adam should confirm.

A nice soul at Alta took your email and wanted to help, so they said "yes" before knowing the complications.

Once that person discussed the situation with their boss, they found out they could not sell you you directly but they forgot to email you back.

It is this "forgetting" that Alta does have challenges around, as they have done the same to me (and I've PMed Adam directly with suggestions). I don't know much about Alta, but I have a feeling Alta/Perrin is a pretty small business and they are busting a$$ everyday and things simply slip through the cracks.

Old 07-23-2008 | 05:38 AM
koulis
Neutral
Kgardnez

Even if what you decribes happens, I am offered to provide emails that friends have exchanged with alta about sending staff to greece...more than one.

more than that, if a company have a policy about sales, shouldn't the sales department be aware about that?i am asking you this question because the i am told that the person that gave me a positive answer was from the sales department...

however I want to see Adam's opinion about all the posts written and then we can continue

i think that it is unfair to discuss about a subject and making obligations on which answers are based. it is unfair for alta. so i ll be waiting Adam to answer then we can continue our discussion.

i hope that you agree on that

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:21 AM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
I'm just curious Koulis. What parts/costs are involved with your ALTA issues?

Jeremy

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:27 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by kgardnez
Koulis,

It could be things work differently in the European market (though I've never heard as such), however the US free market dictates the following:

1. Alta is NOT responsible for making sure a local dealer responds to you. It is nice for you to tell them their dealer is inadequate so they might improve this, but they are not required to flog the dealer for your response. This is like calling P&G because your local supermarket has a high price on soap.

2. Typical selling contracts through dealer will dictate minimum selling prices but not maximums as these are dictated by the local market. Alta is NOT responsible to force your dealer to sell you something at a certain price. Use the market and buy it cheaper elsewhere, through your actions the dealer should get the idea.

3. Alta's hands are tied by their contracts with their dealers, they cannot undercut your dealer without risking legal action. As you can expect, any lawyer fees would quickly be higher than the profits from your order.

If your emails to Alta have been as angry as your posts here, they have every right to not respond as you are being unreasonable.
THANK YOU! I agree 100% and I have passed his comments on to our international sales manager to follow up with the Greek dealer to be 100% sure there isn't a problem we need to address.

Thanks again!

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:33 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Kgardnez
Thank you for you interest and participation
You are 100% right but I think you missed one point
I never blamed Alta because their local dealers are selling their products at very high price.
All I asked is them to send me some items. They answered me that they have a dealer in Greece and that I should target my willing to them
I replied to them that I do not want to buy from them for all the reasons I mentioned above and I insisted on buying from them. I never got an answer.
Then I send an email again to an other person in alta and the respond was positive. they answered that they will send me that staff in Greece and specifically they asked to specify the area to calculate shipping. I replied immediately but that was the last time I ever got a mail from alta.
You can see the emails if just Adam asks for.
And not just the words but print screens too...
I am quite disappointed because I was fooled and I want to express my disappointment through this fabulous website. If this is not bad customer support what is it?
Something more, Alta is one of the top worldwide and being on the top list means not just producing good products but supporting your customers worldwide. I was not supported. I lost time and hours in front of a computer screen.
I am not asking for refunds and staff like that. I just want alta to understand about my disappointment and become better.
I again thank you for your business and your willingness to help us improve our customer service worldwide.

With that being said I can only assume that an e-mail was passed to another member of our staff and they dropped the ball. Even if they then realized they couldn't send the items to Greece they should have replied as such. Point taken and I will confirm that internally.

I must agree though with kgardnez that your tone here is REALLY rough and harsh. Might be partially a Greek to English cultural and translation issue, but this seems REALLY mean spirited your comments about ALTA. If you want me to improve our customer service a quick PM or e-mail would have been sufficient and we could have handled it. But it seems that even though you purchased the ALTA items though another source, that you want to attack me and my company regardless. I am lost a bit on why?

Thanks again though. Do appreciate the feedback!

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:35 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by kgardnez
Koulis,

I can tell you what likely happened, but Adam should confirm.

A nice soul at Alta took your email and wanted to help, so they said "yes" before knowing the complications.

Once that person discussed the situation with their boss, they found out they could not sell you you directly but they forgot to email you back.

It is this "forgetting" that Alta does have challenges around, as they have done the same to me (and I've PMed Adam directly with suggestions). I don't know much about Alta, but I have a feeling Alta/Perrin is a pretty small business and they are busting a$$ everyday and things simply slip through the cracks.
Again 100% agree! Even though we may be slightly larger than some might think, I want nothing more than to keep a home cooking, client relations, customer service driven approach to things. Your off forum comments were well thought out and taken as such. I have listened intently and working to meet your goal and suggestions as well.

Thank you for your tactful and helpful reply!

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:35 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
I'm confussed by all this.

please tell me how do you support your customers when they telll you that your local dealer sells staff 25%-50% more expensive than other dealers in europe? dont you believe me again? do you want me to post addresses here that proof that more than 5 different shops in five different countries around the Europian Union support my words?
Please tell me how do you support a customer when he says that he is not willing to pay extra money for something he can buy from somewhere else with less money.HOW DO YOU SUPPORT ME NOW?

Let me answer on the last question. YOU DONT.

AND YOU DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR GREEK CUSTOMER BY ALLOWING YOUR LOCAL DEALER SELLING ALTA STAFF SO EXPENSIVE.
I think kgardnez's analysis in post 367 is spot-on. The local market dictates prices -- if Alta's dealer is such a rip-off other companies can step in and sell their products in Greece. In order to secure local dealer support, Alta had to guarantee exclusive sales to the local dealer -- this is quite common. Alta cannot sell you the product directly without violating their agreement with the dealer. The fact that you got it from another source who doesn't have exclusive sales agreements with the local dealer doesn't really change anything. I'm just glad Alta sticks to their contractual agreements and doesn't circumvent them just to make a sale.

Bottom line is that it sounds like there was some miscommunication when the sales-rep initially told you they could deliver the stuff but couldn't. I would be more concerned if you had purchased a product and then your dealer and Alta both failed to support you with a problem -- that would be failed customer support . . . not selling a product at the price you want to pay is not failed customer support.
My 2 cents.

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:37 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Kgardnez

Even if what you decribes happens, I am offered to provide emails that friends have exchanged with alta about sending staff to greece...more than one.

more than that, if a company have a policy about sales, shouldn't the sales department be aware about that?i am asking you this question because the i am told that the person that gave me a positive answer was from the sales department...

however I want to see Adam's opinion about all the posts written and then we can continue

i think that it is unfair to discuss about a subject and making obligations on which answers are based. it is unfair for alta. so i ll be waiting Adam to answer then we can continue our discussion.

i hope that you agree on that
I think you have made your points, I have addressed them as well as other members of the forum here. Looking again at your post count currently 6, it appears that you created this account solely to poke holes in ALTA's reputation. Now that is perfectly within your right to do so. BUT, lets take this off forum to discuss further and not muck up these pages further.

What say you?

Old 07-23-2008 | 06:47 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Given that Alta has clearly gone out of their way (as have other generous NAM folk) to satisfactorily resolve this complaint--which seems to be an outlier--I propose that it's time for the mods to consider modifying this thread title. It's not fair to Adam and Alta to have potential customers perusing the mods forum and to see this red flag. Yes, if you dig down into the thread the true story is revealed, but how many potential customers might not bother to take that time?

Just drop the first three words in the title. It preserves the conceptual linkage to the original issue but eliminates the potential for false perceptions.

(Just for full disclosure, I have no ties to Alta other than the purchase of my fog light bar, with which I'm fully satisfied and I've avoided adding the nocturnal Bambi as a bonnet ornament on more than one occasion.)

Old 07-23-2008 | 07:03 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
Given that Alta has clearly gone out of their way (as have other generous NAM folk) to satisfactorily resolve this complaint--which seems to be an outlier--I propose that it's time for the mods to consider modifying this thread title. It's not fair to Adam and Alta to have potential customers perusing the mods forum and to see this red flag. Yes, if you dig down into the thread the true story is revealed, but how many potential customers might not bother to take that time?

Just drop the first three words in the title. It preserves the conceptual linkage to the original issue but eliminates the potential for false perceptions.

(Just for full disclosure, I have no ties to Alta other than the purchase of my fog light bar, with which I'm fully satisfied and I've avoided adding the nocturnal Bambi as a bonnet ornament on more than one occasion.)
First I agree completely!

Second: Can I quote the last portion on my website for that product? I love the Bambi reference!

Old 07-23-2008 | 07:40 AM
ChrisMCS04
Peace Keeper
+1 to the light bar
I had a rust/peeling of powder coat on the bar itself and they shipped me a new one, no questions asked

Love buying from you guys!

Old 07-23-2008 | 11:43 PM
koulis
Neutral
Adam thank you for you relpies

it was not nice at all when you claim that i created an account to to poke holes in ALTA's reputation. I am a member here since ferbuary 2007.....
and eventhough if i wanted to do that i would continiously say that alta is a top company....so please stop making such assumption as i did not do about alta's behaviour.

about the angry behaviour please believe that my intentions are not as presented. problably it is a greek to english translation effect and i am sorry about that. i am as calm as possible. however thank you for your comments about that too.

about service support i am perfectly sure that you are aware of my points, i will be happy to ALTA growing bigger and becoming even better

thank you for doing this conversation
take care

Old 07-25-2008 | 01:48 PM
JwBleek
Neutral
Top Notch Problem Resolution/Customer Service

Kudos to Adam and Ken at ALTA for lightning quick response and complete problem resolution in less than 24hours.

I bought my MINI on 6-30-08. A date dangerously close in proximity to ALTA's 7-4-08 sale. Man! A 10% discount is a darn good reason to spend 50% more than I'd originally planned. However, new to MINI moding as I was, I avoided a pulley purchase in fear of harming her or her warranty (only 9k miles.) Adam called to just to make sure it wasn't an accident. Maybe I just forgot to order the pulley along with other parts.... It was an easy sell.

Anyway. A week or so of calling home everyday to see if my toys had arrived and finally they had 7-24-08. I rushed, oh excuse me, "Motor'd" home to my delivery like a duck on a june bug. what. Only to find that the order wasn't correct. Kelly Clarkson! It was just wrong enough that I couldn't get started on any of the install (except the diverter). It's cool, accidents happen. I've screwed things up before, everyone has.

I sent a PM to Adam late last night 10:52PM ET.

He sent one back first thing this morning 9:47AM ET (6:47AM PST.)

Ken called explaining they would take care of it pronto 11:23AM ET.

Ken called back with a plan to fix the situation 1:38PM ET.

Ken called back to tell me he was executing the plan 3:41PM ET.

Ken called back to explain that he found an even better solution than previously thought 3:52PM ET.

Ken had the correct parts on the way 4:00PM ET.

That's how it is folks. That's customer service at ALTA. The personal service creates the illusion of a small slow family biz. No way. MINI's are as popular as diet coke these days and anybody with a new MINI and access to Google is trying to contact ALTA. Rapidly growing companies will make little mistakes. I have a feeling that more often than not, the situation is handled the way mine was today.

Thanks Ken, Adam.

Old 07-26-2008 | 07:39 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JwBleek
Kudos to Adam and Ken at ALTA for lightning quick response and complete problem resolution in less than 24hours.

I bought my MINI on 6-30-08. A date dangerously close in proximity to ALTA's 7-4-08 sale. Man! A 10% discount is a darn good reason to spend 50% more than I'd originally planned. However, new to MINI moding as I was, I avoided a pulley purchase in fear of harming her or her warranty (only 9k miles.) Adam called to just to make sure it wasn't an accident. Maybe I just forgot to order the pulley along with other parts.... It was an easy sell.

Anyway. A week or so of calling home everyday to see if my toys had arrived and finally they had 7-24-08. I rushed, oh excuse me, "Motor'd" home to my delivery like a duck on a june bug. what. Only to find that the order wasn't correct. Kelly Clarkson! It was just wrong enough that I couldn't get started on any of the install (except the diverter). It's cool, accidents happen. I've screwed things up before, everyone has.

I sent a PM to Adam late last night 10:52PM ET.

He sent one back first thing this morning 9:47AM ET (6:47AM PST.)

Ken called explaining they would take care of it pronto 11:23AM ET.

Ken called back with a plan to fix the situation 1:38PM ET.

Ken called back to tell me he was executing the plan 3:41PM ET.

Ken called back to explain that he found an even better solution than previously thought 3:52PM ET.

Ken had the correct parts on the way 4:00PM ET.

That's how it is folks. That's customer service at ALTA. The personal service creates the illusion of a small slow family biz. No way. MINI's are as popular as diet coke these days and anybody with a new MINI and access to Google is trying to contact ALTA. Rapidly growing companies will make little mistakes. I have a feeling that more often than not, the situation is handled the way mine was today.

Thanks Ken, Adam.
Thank you! And Good Job Ken!

PLEASE let me know if I can ever help further! Enjoy the new power!

Old 07-27-2008 | 07:16 PM
MINIFVR
6th Gear
Yeah that 10% discount screwed me over too. Bought $200 worth of stuff a year before I planned on it. Man I hate ALTA...

(Adam's on top of his stuff)

Old 07-28-2008 | 07:07 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MINIFVR
Yeah that 10% discount screwed me over too. Bought $200 worth of stuff a year before I planned on it. Man I hate ALTA...

(Adam's on top of his stuff)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I must be better than I thought!

Seriously though, thank you for the business and the kind words. Anytime I can help, let me know!