Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain M7 intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008 | 08:49 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mnimule
HEY thumper thinking very seriously bout purchasing the DDM intake how do you like it...? How does it sound and which version do u have race/w ram air or just the street version thanks for your honesty as well!!!
I love the DDM, and I highly recommend it. I have the street version. Fit with no issues, sounds great, like the design of it (uses the bottom half of the stock box), price is what the price of an intake should be, and it probably added a little bit of power. It definitely added a new level of smoothness that was missing with my DIY K&N which I had clamped directly to the MAF.

Get one, you'll like it!

Old 07-14-2008 | 08:26 PM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
hey peter. can i just get a scoop and a shift **** for the intake? I talked to Nardo few days ago and it seemed pretty good to go, then I got on the phone with (dont know her name) and got pretty upset..... Its just the simple fact that I am not satisfied with the product, but I do want a vortex scoop and a shift ****.
*sigh

Old 07-15-2008 | 02:12 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Hi there..

You are trying to return an intake that is used, and to top it of asking to return it to us after you bought it from someone else. Please talk to your vendor regarding returning the unit.

Peter
M7 tuning
562-608-8123

Old 07-15-2008 | 02:32 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by M7
Hi there..

You are trying to return an intake that is used, and to top it of asking to return it to us after you bought it from someone else. Please talk to your vendor regarding returning the unit.

Peter
M7 tuning
562-608-8123

^^^Great customer support right there

Old 07-15-2008 | 03:00 PM
benfica09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by M7
Hi there..

Peter
M7 tuning
562-608-8123
thanks for posting this.
and to think i was seriously considering ordering a strut tower bar & aerogel heatshield from you guys today.

Old 07-15-2008 | 03:09 PM
DjR53
4th Gear
Originally Posted by benfica09
thanks for posting this.
and to think i was seriously considering ordering a strut tower bar & aerogel heatshield from you guys today.
whats wrong with what he said? it's like buying an Iphone from at&t then complaining to apple and trying to return it for an Ipod, he is trying to return it to the wrong person.

Old 07-15-2008 | 03:15 PM
PGT
Banned
it's not the vendor who sold him the intake's fault it doesn't fit or perform. as the buyer expected.The vendor won't want to take the hit on it either.

Old 07-15-2008 | 03:27 PM
benfica09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DjR53
whats wrong with what he said? it's like buying an Iphone from at&t then complaining to apple and trying to return it for an Ipod, he is trying to return it to the wrong person.
ok, not a great analogy but I'll go with it.

so do you also believe the president of Apple would go on a message board and essentially tell a customer sorry, you're SOL, i don't even want to try and work this out.

.....even after the customer had already spoken to another Apple rep. and had been told it should not be an issue getting this worked out.
All this while only owning the product for 3-1/2 days?

infact, Apple has done things in the past to keep customers happy...like the $100 rebates for initial iphone buyers.
ontop of that, you actually can return a used iphone for your full refund in the first 30days.

Last edited by benfica09; 07-15-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2008 | 03:40 PM
DjR53
4th Gear
Originally Posted by benfica09
ok, not a great analogy but I'll go with it.

so do you also believe the president of Apple would go on a message board and essentially tell a customer sorry, you're SOL, i don't even want to try and work this out.

.....even after the customer had already spoken to another Apple rep. and had been told it should not an issue getting this worked out.
All this while only owning the product for 3-1/2 days?

infact, Apple has done things in the past to keep customers happy...like the $100 rebates for initial iphone buyers.
ontop of that, you actually can return a used iphone for your full refund in the first 30days.
ya i get where your coming from that is pretty true he is kind of leaving him in the dust

Old 07-15-2008 | 03:54 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT
it's not the vendor who sold him the intake's fault it doesn't fit or perform. as the buyer expected.The vendor won't want to take the hit on it either.
That's the issue right there... you can't buy an M7 product and expect it to perform...sigh...

Old 07-15-2008 | 04:55 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DjR53
The problem is that they aren't standing behind their product when someone is blatantly disapointed in it's fit and performance. Even if he bought it from some other vendor, perhaps M7 could have worked with them to get the intake back from got.pho? for an exchange, which is all he wanted. He even wanted 2 other M7 products! Got.pho also seemed very nice and open about the whole thing too.

I'm suprised anyone can take M7 seriously at all based on how they appear on these forums.

Old 07-15-2008 | 05:26 PM
M7
Former Vendor
I never said we wouldn't work something out, we just asked him to talk to the vendor (who received the money for the part) not us. We are known for fantastic customer service, we always answer the phones, email etc.

Again call your vendor and he will take care of you.

Peter
M7 tuning
562-608-8123

Old 07-15-2008 | 05:36 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
From this:

Originally Posted by M7
Hi there..

Peter
M7 tuning
562-608-8123
To this:

Originally Posted by M7
I never said we wouldn't work something out, we just asked him to talk to the vendor (who received the money for the part) not us. We are known for fantastic customer service, we always answer the phones, email etc.

Again call your vendor and he will take care of you.

Peter
M7 tuning
562-608-8123
Interesting change in tone. Are we to ignore your insinuation about got.pho, who is trying to return a "used" intake...and trying to pass it off to YOU and not your vendor? Before everyone's very eyes, too! The attitude in your statements is thinly veiled (or is it just uncleverly calculated?).

I suppose that M7 must be threatened by the backlash that is upon them... since both Peter and maxmini are sacrificing their oh-so-important development time to hit the boards tonight .

Old 07-15-2008 | 05:50 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Change in tone? You've got to be reading way too deep into the first post. It's two simple sentences....neither of which has any sort of rude or harsh language that could lead you to believe that he was being negative towards the customer.

1st sentence: Explains why it would be a good idea to refer to the original vendor first due to the fact that it was purchased through them and the part is used. (the product being used plays a great deal in the return process as it can't be re-sold in the same fashion).

2nd sentence: Politely asks that the customer speaks to the original vendors first. Peter never says anything that could lead you to believe that he is going to refuse to handle the issue further.....he just asks to talk to the vendor first. A valid request....asked in a polite manner.

I hardly see the negative insinuations that you mention. Peter was simply saying "you are returning a used product....please take this concern to the original vendor first".

People try so hard to find things to complain/whine about these days People have convinced themselves that there's some hidden veil or hidden meaning behind his posts. It's just a simple post handling a return process...it was just two sentences.

Old 07-15-2008 | 06:14 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
neither of which has any sort of rude or harsh language that could lead you to believe that he was being negative towards the customer.
I hardly see the negative insinuations that you mention. Peter was simply saying "you are returning a used product....please take this concern to the original vendor first".
People have convinced themselves that there's some hidden veil or hidden meaning behind his posts. It's just a simple post handling a return process...it was just two sentences.
Originally Posted by M7
You are trying to return an intake that is used, and to top it of asking to return it to us after you bought it from someone else.
Bad grammar withstanding, he is clearly stacking charges by using the conjunction "and to top it of."

Rally- I love you man, but don't bend over backwards to defend Peter, even if he treats you well. I did, and I lost a lot of credibility and personal respect a couple of years back. As my sig says, I'm making amends. You should, too.

FOR THE RECORD, Peter used to call me up and ask me to post good things in threads that were criticizing his products. I did. There, I said it... I too spun s@#$ for M7. (For the record, I never got anything free from M7 and I did the above simply because Peter seemed like a good guy who needed a break, but that does not absolve me. Hell, he even called once to tell me how his doctor was concerned about his high blood pressure, which Peter himself attributed to the heated environment of the NAM community).

Old 07-15-2008 | 06:29 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ingsoc
Bad grammar withstanding, he is clearly stacking charges by using the conjunction "and to top it of." Rally- I love you man, but don't bend over backwards to defend Peter, even if he treats you well. I did, and I lost a lot of credibility and personal respect a couple of years back. As my sig says, I'm making amends. You should, too.
I'm not trying to defend Peter...he'll handle his company as he sees fit....I'm just pointing out that IMO, you're taking that 2-sentence post WAY too seriously. You're worrying yourself over a little conjunction in which YOU'VE inferred the negativity. People were jumping up and saying "Oh wow, M7 just totally brushed off a customer" when all he was asking was that the customer speak with the origincal vendor first.

"Even if he treats me well"? I'm not pro-M7....just anti-complaining. I have no amends to make...I've always called it like I saw it. Until about 2 weeks ago when I installed a set of front coilover struts for a custom project I'm working on....I had never even owned/bought an M7 part over my 6 years of modding my mini...and I still haven't made a post going on and on about the part, put their name in my sig, or done any other fanboy/hype action that would be worth amending.

And besides, spelling 'off' with one 'f' isn't poor grammar, it's a spelling error or typo

Old 07-15-2008 | 06:50 PM
Eddie@1FastMINI
Banned
Originally Posted by got.pho?
hey peter. can i just get a scoop and a shift **** for the intake? I talked to Nardo few days ago and it seemed pretty good to go, then I got on the phone with (dont know her name) and got pretty upset..... Its just the simple fact that I am not satisfied with the product, but I do want a vortex scoop and a shift ****.
*sigh

Why not just call me??? I'm the guy who sold it to you.....

Ask anyone who deals with me, I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy.

You just have to make the call 321-284-4772 or Email me Service@1FastMINI.com

Old 07-15-2008 | 06:58 PM
PGT
Banned
I'm not trying to defend Peter...he'll handle his company as he sees fit....I'm just pointing out that IMO, you're taking that 2-sentence post WAY too seriously. You're worrying yourself over a little conjunction in which YOU'VE inferred the negativity. People were jumping up and saying "Oh wow, M7 just totally brushed off a customer" when all he was asking was that the customer speak with the original vendor first.
in a vacuum, yes, you are 100% correct. Still, more than one person took those comments to have the same dismissive tone. All we have are the words on the screen....a responsibility exists to say what we mean and to say it in a way that's not so ambiguous as to let others infer meanings not clearly intended.

kudos for the selling vendor for stepping up....nothing worse than spending money and not being happy with the purchase.

Old 07-15-2008 | 07:26 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PGT
All we have are the words on the screen....a responsibility exists to say what we mean and to say it in a way that's not so ambiguous as to let others infer meanings not clearly intended.
Good luck with that.....writing all of your sentences perfectly so that no one can read anything into it or have a misunderstanding about the tone.

Since that's nearly impossible to do, I think we should also take the responsibility of not reading too deeply into the posts made by others since WE ALL KNOW that the complexities of tones, sarcasm, and other language characteristics do not transmit well over the internet That would probably solve the problem a bit better than asking everyone to try stringing together perfect sentences void of any possibility of misunderstanding

And yes....props to fastmini. Well handled.

Old 07-15-2008 | 07:32 PM
PGT
Banned
wow, way to take it to an absolute there Rally. there's a lot of room between your statement and what we have here in Peter's post. All I suggest is something in the middle which ain't hard to do if one reads over what is written before hitting 'submit'.

Old 07-15-2008 | 07:35 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
<sarcasm>

Come on Rally...get it right....

1FastMINI not fastmini

I read into this that you are demeaning Eddie@1FastMINI by consciously misspelling his name.

</sarcasm>

Old 07-15-2008 | 07:36 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Hmm? So where is Gnatster now? He just was in the AGS thread? Oh but there is M7 bullying here. Guess thats ok Edit, wow your ARE good

Old 07-15-2008 | 07:45 PM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
eddie ill give you a call tom!

Old 07-15-2008 | 07:46 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gnatster
I read into this that you are demeaning Eddie@1FastMINI by consciously misspelling his name.

You're on to me!! Secretly, I removed the 1 from his company's name in an attempt to infiltrate his company! I have a secret agenda that I hide within the subtle word selections of short one sentence comments.

Old 07-16-2008 | 05:21 AM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
You're on to me!! Secretly, I removed the 1 from his company's name in an attempt to infiltrate his company! I have a secret agenda that I hide within the subtle word selections of short one sentence comments.
wow.... you guys are goofy haha

Quick Reply: Drivetrain M7 intake