Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain M7 intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008 | 06:11 PM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
M7 intake

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?ascend...39%0D%0A%0D%0A

sweettttt its coming tomorrow! =]

anyways ill let you guys know what I like and don't like.
I wish I had a dyno near by, but i dont, so it will most likely be a while before dyno charts.
I know theres been lots of negative responses but hey, its life =]

btw, anyone want a forge bov spacer?

Old 07-10-2008 | 07:08 PM
fongaroos
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by got.pho?
http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?ascend...39%0D%0A%0D%0A

sweettttt its coming tomorrow! =]

anyways ill let you guys know what I like and don't like.
I wish I had a dyno near by, but i dont, so it will most likely be a while before dyno charts.
I know theres been lots of negative responses but hey, its life =]

btw, anyone want a forge bov spacer?

AWESOME! cant wait to hear your thoughts and read the review!

why are you getting rid of the BOV?

who was it running?

Old 07-10-2008 | 10:37 PM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
gettin rid of it because im looking for something more performance based =]

Old 07-10-2008 | 10:49 PM
fongaroos
2nd Gear
yah i understand what you mean. plus you're gonna have the sound already from the open filter

Old 07-11-2008 | 09:07 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Good choice

Old 07-11-2008 | 03:25 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
which m7 intake the super-ags or the ags-r ?
I'm still leaning towards the ags-r & a vortex scoop just so the hoodscoop has a real function ..

Old 07-11-2008 | 04:05 PM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
its the super ags.

so far just did like 1000000 hrs to install this system.
and currently: unimpressed =/ more details after a night out
also will try to make it "like-able"

Last edited by got.pho?; 07-11-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2008 | 05:50 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
its the super ags.

so far just did like 1000000 hrs to install this system.
and currently: unimpressed =/ more details after a night out
also will try to make it "like-able"

Haha, so you mean it doesn't give the advertised 25 ft-lbs to the wheels at 2800 rpm??

Bummer man! You shoulda got the DDM like I told ya too!

ps. Not pokin' fun at you at all...just M7. Definitely let us know if your impressions of it change anymore!

Old 07-11-2008 | 08:42 PM
samroberto
3rd Gear
^^ DDM

The M7 looked really interesting though.. hope you're happy with your choice regardless.. I'm sure it will have near the same results, *sound*, maybe slight power, and in fact- peace of mind that your hoodscoop is working 10% more than mine
I mean, I'm pretty sure our non-funneled hoodscoops serve SOME purpose right ?

POST PICS !!!!

Old 07-11-2008 | 09:54 PM
dunphyj
4th Gear
sorry to hear about your Super AGS problem... i've read on some other forums and threads that it's not that the upgrades don't work... it's that the Mini ECU actually compensates and starts putting it as close to stock performance as possible (even with piggy back systems like unichip). the only way to get around that is when people actually crack the ECU and make it like the upgrades rather than piggyback... i'm sure standalone is an option but that would be intense considering how amazingly smart the MINI ecu already is... i just got in my Alta Turboback exhaust (which sounds marvelous btw!!!!!) and have the M7 Vortex Scoop on already... it looks amazing...

but i am curious... how does the Super AGS sound??? any clips for us?? because even with the minimal gain (in some cases i heard it actually lost power :/ ) but anyway, iv'e noticed that a lot more BOV sounds come when an intake goes on... is that true?

Old 07-11-2008 | 10:01 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
"Unimpressed". A more comprehensive assessment would be appreciated as soon as you get the chance! Thanks.

Old 07-13-2008 | 05:46 AM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
thumper- you and your told you so's! i might be going that route hopefully =]
sorry i've been away but i've been occupied with taking the lady friend out and hot import night

anyways

sound- theres a slight growl, but no much due to the ''box'' of the intake itself
looks-it looks great, except for when its in my car, the tilt really irks me, i also have a slight vibration even after tightening down all clamps etc.
performance- on a nice subtle cruise no one will know that the car has an intake, or will care i guess
-on a hot day the performance was almost unnoticeable, almost like putting in a drop in KN filter in one of my older cars.
-when it cooled down (night time of course 77 degrees compared to 90ish) the volume o the growl grew, but performance didnt seem to match with the advertised 25hp, unless i just cant feel it.

for the money, I wished
-it fit better
-didnt tilt so much
-gave me more gains

Im not here to bash m7 in any way, just giving my review of their product. I talked to Nardo on the phone, he seemed like a nice guy, and hopefully I can get everything resolved and get what i want =]

Old 07-13-2008 | 09:15 AM
e30r56
4th Gear
Good luck getting things resolved. I had fitment issues with mine (elbow would stay contacted with the box on right). Was told I received the wrong elbow and to call and they will ship the right one to me. A month later I don't have anything, so I took it off.

Old 07-13-2008 | 09:57 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by e30r56
Good luck getting things resolved. I had fitment issues with mine (elbow would stay contacted with the box on right). Was told I received the wrong elbow and to call and they will ship the right one to me. A month later I don't have anything, so I took it off.

May I ask who you talked to at the office ? If you PM me your number I will get an answer back to you today Sunday 7/13/08

Randy
M7 tuning

Old 07-13-2008 | 11:11 AM
M7
Former Vendor
Hi everyone...

The fitment issue of the silicone hose has been an issue, so the manufacturer has stepped up and made a fixture that will guarantee a perfect fit every time
and we do apologize for the screw-up.
got.pho.... were have you seen a 25hp gain from our box? not from us, have you.

As for the issue of the box tilting up slightly, all you have to do is rotate the silicone hose approximately 15º upwards
tighten and re-install, this will solve the slight backward tilt of the box...

Here's the dyno readout

As for the missing hose, I will personally look in to the matter on Monday
please PM or email me at peter@m7tuning.com with a phone number and it will be resolved in a speedy manner.

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123

Last edited by M7; 07-13-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-13-2008 | 12:02 PM
The Greek
1st Gear
Peter, dont play the dumb naive card....

You know what he, along with so many people are talking about. Purely on a "hunch", I think he might be talking about the claimed 25 ft torque gain with your intake. The claim that defies psychics and makes your intake the highest gaining intake on the market.

Why get an Piggy Back ECU when I could just get your intake and be done....

Old 07-13-2008 | 12:10 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by M7
Hi everyone...

The fitment issue of the silicone hose has been an issue, so the manufacturer has stepped up and made a fixture that will guarantee a perfect fit every time
and we do apologize for the screw-up.
got.pho.... were have you seen a 25hp gain from our box? not from us, have you.

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123
Look at your own graph that you just posted. Between 2500 and 3000 rpm. There lies your answer, about your products "gains". I'd assume you can read a dyno chart?

Originally Posted by The Greek
Peter, dont play the dumb naive card....

You know what he, along with so many people are talking about. Purely on a "hunch", I think he might be talking about the claimed 25 ft torque gain with your intake. The claim that defies psychics and makes your intake the highest gaining intake on the market.

Why get an Piggy Back ECU when I could just get your intake and be done....
Thank you for being straight forward, more people need to!

Old 07-13-2008 | 12:27 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Our only " claim " in this case is an approx 9 hp increase and 13 ft lb and we stand by that . This was on a customers stock car and was a one day deal. The range you are specifying is unusual to say the least but it is not our claim as to what an individuals gain may or not be. All cars , especially minis , are different as are all dynos. It could have simply have been an oddity based only on the dyno's operation on that particular day. If we were claiming a 25 ft lb increase across the board you would certainly have something of substance to chat about

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 07-13-2008 | 01:04 PM
The Greek
1st Gear
Really Randy....

You sure about that? Are you really sure that YOU didnt claim the intake made those numbers, and that YOU DIDNT post a dyno plot representing the intake?

Reason I say this is because if you would be kind to click on the link below, you will CLEARLY see M7 Tuning posting a dyno graph, showing the numbers. And you will also see that there is NO INDICATION that it was just a "one day" deal. You posted it, you claimed the numbers.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...=137115&page=7

The absurdity that comes from your company is mind boggling. From your last post above, your basically denying all involvement with the dyno, and simply stating, "it was a customers car. Some mini's dyno different. We never represented that dyno was official results of the M7 intake."

If that was the case, Why didnt you just let the customer post the dyno himself, from his perspective? Its a joke.....

Old 07-13-2008 | 01:21 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Really Randy....

You sure about that? Are you really sure that YOU didnt claim the intake made those numbers, and that YOU DIDNT post a dyno plot representing the intake?

Reason I say this is because if you would be kind to click on the link below, you will CLEARLY see M7 Tuning posting a dyno graph, showing the numbers. And you will also see that there is NO INDICATION that it was just a "one day" deal. You posted it, you claimed the numbers.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...=137115&page=7

The absurdity that comes from your company is mind boggling. From your last post above, your basically denying all involvement with the dyno, and simply stating, "it was a customers car. Some mini's dyno different. We never represented that dyno was official results of the M7 intake."

If that was the case, Why didnt you just let the customer post the dyno himself, from his perspective? Its a joke.....

We claimed that the intake on this car made a gain of approx 9 hp and 13 ft lb torgue as is shown in the summation.

We were only there for one day.

We deny all involvment with the dyno. We do not own or even operate said dyno.

As hard as it is to beleive the customer is not a NAM member .

This was just one day , one car and a few runs. I am sure there will be more in the future and as with all things automotive " those results will vary ". Thanks for the discussion though.

Randy
m7 Tuning

Old 07-13-2008 | 01:44 PM
The Greek
1st Gear
Where do you deny involvement? Please show me? You posted the stupid dyno under M7 Tuning! There were NO specific claims. All it said was, "Here is the dyno, on a stock car" It sure looked like that post represented your product....

It makes no freakin sense!!!! How do you post a dyno that shows various 18+ ft lbs of torque points, and say, "well, the intake only makes 9 whp and 13 ft torque"

I hope to God fellow NAM users see that you make no sense. I really didnt care about this situation much, but you insulting our intelligence as car enthusiasts is just so obvious....

Old 07-13-2008 | 02:02 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Yes it does represent the product at that time , on that car.

It makes no freakin sense!!!! How do you post a dyno that shows various 18+ ft lbs of torque points, and say, "well, the intake only makes 9 whp and 13 ft torque"

Those are the totals in the summation shown on this particular car .

I hope to God fellow NAM users see that you make no sense. I really didnt care about this situation much, but you insulting our intelligence as car enthusiasts is just so obvious....[/quote]

As for fellow nammers most will realize this was just one isolated test and judge accordingly. As you spend more time here you will see all sorts of interesting things . Have a good remainder of the weekend

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 07-13-2008 | 03:25 PM
The Greek
1st Gear
Thank you Randy. I hope to have a great weekend...

Thank you also for showing me where you denied any involvement with the dyno.

Take care

Old 07-13-2008 | 07:27 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
We claimed that the intake on this car made a gain of approx 9 hp and 13 ft lb torgue as is shown in the summation.

Randy
m7 Tuning
Just cause it made 9 hp and 13 ft lb at the peak doesn't say jack about what it did in the rest of the rev range. That's all we are pointing out. The ludicrous gains on that dyno sheet between 2500 - 3000 rpm say something about the run as a whole. If the results are bogus at one range of the dyno run then they are most probably also incorrect for the rest of the experiment.

The fact that your company, M7, used that dyno run to represent the product is disappointing. Sure maybe YOU didn't but your company certainly did. You would think as a tuner, if you saw a dyno sheet like that from a customer, using your new product, you'd go out for yourself and dyno another car and see if you really did just create something that crazy.

I hope to God fellow NAM users see that you make no sense. I really didnt care about this situation much, but you insulting our intelligence as car enthusiasts is just so obvious....
Amen to that.

I'm happy to see that got.pho reported his honest, open-minded thoughts on it, since no one else has. I still look forward to hearing his further opinions on it, and heck, hopefully he ends up liking it. However, his initial feelings just confirmed what I've thought about the product from day 1. Lots of hype and "engineering", for an intake that produces the same basic results as any other one. Granted $200 more money.

Old 07-13-2008 | 11:48 PM
mnimule
3rd Gear
HEY thumper thinking very seriously bout purchasing the DDM intake how do you like it...? How does it sound and which version do u have race/w ram air or just the street version thanks for your honesty as well!!!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain M7 intake