Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008 | 06:01 PM
JAceMin
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Motodude
It's all too easy to blame Alta for our problems. Why not try to solve them ourselves. After all, we have more cars than they do. They do help us when they tell us their testing observations. I would actually buy their ECU if it would allow me to keep my excellent intake.

If the R56 has a problem with low restriction intakes, then it can be verified by simply removing everything upstream of the MAF. I know my car doesn't like it and that's very unusual. That's why I can't rule out the sensor on the valve cover vent which probably ensures there is sufficient vacuum for proper crankcase ventilation.

Alta has made it very easy to blame them some of my issues, that is what I hold them accountable for. That would be the quality of some the parts I have on my engine. The Chip just enhanced the failure.

I do blame them for the crappy manifold adapter that came with my boost gauge, see my notes from above. This was one of my more severe issues aside from the intake issue. Again the intake design is their's, granted I installed it. Also please note I did post that I was buried in CEL's half power, and other issues all due to Alta. I debugged, serviced, and repaired the engine myself. I am also continuing to resolve the issues myself.

It is becoming painfully apparent to me that as much as I enjoy and like the design of the UniChip I either need direct access to the MAP's or a competent interested tuner to move forward.

I am not blaming Alta for my problems, I am saying that there is a disconnect here.

Last edited by JAceMin; 08-01-2008 at 09:07 PM.