Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain I want an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008 | 10:03 PM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
I want an exhaust

Well, I like my DDM intake so thats a check... (got 500miles on the estimated mileage thing...sweet)

Now that Alta has that exhaust deal, I want one...BAD.
Im one of the few (i guess) that like the oval style, I just don't have the funds at the moment =[

Anyways, anyone have problems with cutting the stock exhaust? I really don't want to, I just don't have the money for a down pipe if I do get the catback =[

Old 07-29-2008 | 11:44 PM
just1nsan3
1st Gear
Originally Posted by got.pho?
Well, I like my DDM intake so thats a check... (got 500miles on the estimated mileage thing...sweet)

Im one of the few (i guess) that like the oval style, I just don't have the funds at the moment =[

Anyways, anyone have problems with cutting the stock exhaust? I really don't want to, I just don't have the money for a down pipe if I do get the catback =[
I was looking at the deal too, I heard that you had to cut the stock pipe, but wasn't sure if it was still true? If thats the case I might just save up for the whole system.

Old 07-30-2008 | 05:04 AM
matty125
5th Gear
Pho, you will need to cut about 9-10 inches of the pipe. I didnt have the cash on hand for all at once turbo back too. Since then has become a full trubo back it. I took the old peices into the shop and weld it back togeather. With a excellent welder (pro) and some careful grinding its hard to notice....after you mimick road grime you know dirty it up! I did this because if I ever sell the car Im keeping my Exhaust. Im not a big fan of the oval tip, if it appeals to you awesome. If you have mixed feeling Im sure a shop can attach a different tip, Other than that, thats an awesome price, you wont get it any cheaper and as I always say, The alta sound is super nice.

Old 07-30-2008 | 09:03 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear

Invidia, Invidia, Invidia!

I know its not as cheap as the Alta Oval right now, but it's still cheaper than the Alta normally. $100 cheaper. And, you won't have to worry about all the cutting, no cutting involved! Oh, and you can actually hear it

You didn't listen to me on the intake and look what happened!

Old 07-30-2008 | 12:12 PM
sir5150
3rd Gear
I second that Invidia

Old 07-30-2008 | 12:16 PM
com3tojo3
3rd Gear
Whered you get your invidia exhaust?

Old 07-30-2008 | 01:18 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by com3tojo3
Whered you get your invidia exhaust?
www.JSCspeed.com

There is a link in the Vendor Group Buys forum...I'd PM them here first, I'm not sure, but they might give NAM members a discount. But don't quote me on that.

Old 07-30-2008 | 02:07 PM
got.pho?
|
4th Gear
Thump, you've got a point about the listening part....what are your plans for the downpipe? thats what appeals to me about the Alta exhaust, they have a downpipe that mates to their catback.

As far as sound goes, anything above stock is a plus, hell if it sounded like a sleeper-kitten Id get it if it gave me 10000000whp

O yea, have you hit the dyno like you planned yet???? Pm those numbers!!

back onto topic, my main debates on the choices are
price- Invidia is USUALLY cheaper, but alta's got that sale
Sound- pretty much like them both...loud isnt always best, Im running a test pipe on my 240, not always the best choice
Install-Invidia bolts right on, thats awesome...while Alta needs to be cut =[ I don't like cutting things. BUT alta has its own downpipe while so far nothing is available for the invidia.
Looks-anything aftermarket will look nice, too bad the invidia exhaust doesnt have the burnt tips like the invidia for the r53 =[

o and I feel sad, my buddy just waxed me with his evo =/ he got 27 whp off an intake and some piping... trying to play catch up =]

Last edited by got.pho?; 07-30-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2008 | 02:43 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Thump, you've got a point about the listening part....what are your plans for the downpipe? thats what appeals to me about the Alta exhaust, they have a downpipe that mates to their catback.

As far as sound goes, anything above stock is a plus, hell if it sounded like a sleeper-kitten Id get it if it gave me 10000000whp

O yea, have you hit the dyno like you planned yet???? Pm those numbers!!

back onto topic, my main debates on the choices are
price- Invidia is USUALLY cheaper, but alta's got that sale
Sound- pretty much like them both...loud isnt always best, Im running a test pipe on my 240, not always the best choice
Install-Invidia bolts right on, thats awesome...while Alta needs to be cut =[ I don't like cutting things. BUT alta has its own downpipe while so far nothing is available for the invidia.
Looks-anything aftermarket will look nice, too bad the invidia exhaust doesnt have the burnt tips like the invidia for the r53 =[

o and I feel sad, my buddy just waxed me with his evo =/ he got 27 whp off an intake and some piping... trying to play catch up =]
Nope, haven't been to the dyno yet...maybe this weekend. I kinda forgot about it, and plus its so hot out here, not very good dyno weather haha.

Trying to figure out a DP to work with the Invidia got put on hold. Was supposed to have someone designing one, at his own cost...but that got put on hold. And I'm tryin to save money for a change, so I won't be using any of my money for it anytime soon!

Might just have to cut the Invidia one day and get the Exhaust Depot DP. But who knows!

I wish Jan/RMW would get their stuff together and release their R56 DP/cat-back. The R56 needs some RMW lovin' too! That would just make life easy & happy.