Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain DME Programming

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008 | 04:32 PM
fernflex
|
3rd Gear
DME Programming

Im not sure what I want to do!

Giac or Dimsport ????

Giac is a reflash trough the OBDII port
Dimsport have to open the DME

Giac is already proven
Dimsport I have to tune the car at the dyno.

They cost the same but I think Giac is safer than Dimsport but Dimsport is capable of producing more whp than Giac.

Help me please, I don't know what to do?

Last edited by fernflex; 08-02-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2008 | 04:54 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
How are you getting the Dimsport?

Also, as far as I have heard, the have only released maps for the Euro spec cars. I know you're in Puerto Rico, do you guys get Euro spec cars there?

And also, GIAC has to open the DME, it is not flashed through the OBDII port, unless they came out with something new?

If you can get a Dimsport tune, get that!! No questions asked. Also, make sure you find someone that really knows what they are doing though when they tune it. It will be safer than the GIAC, because it is tuned specifically for you're car, in real time on a dyno. For this reason, it will also produce more hp.

Dimsport is the tuning option I am waiting for. Nothing else is worth it in my opinion.

Old 08-02-2008 | 05:07 PM
fernflex
|
3rd Gear
Here in PR we have the US spec cars.

The local Giac dealer told me that he download the program by the OBDII but I am not happy with his service and treatment.

There are two tunner in PR with Dimsport program but one of them already has tuned lots of R53 and he has the program for mine R56 and he is well known in here.

He told me he got around 30whp in one of his R53.

Old 08-02-2008 | 05:22 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fernflex
Here in PR we have the US spec cars.

The local Giac dealer told me that he download the program by the OBDII but I am not happy with his service and treatment.

There are two tunner in PR with Dimsport program but one of them already has tuned lots of R53 and he has the program for mine R56 and he is well known in here.

He told me he got around 30whp in one of his R53.
Wow, thats awesome then! Go with Dimsport. It's what Jan with RMW uses, and has had GREAT success with.

Old 08-02-2008 | 06:10 PM
MiniMacPR
5th Gear
In any typical situation, if I had a choice between a "canned" tune and a custom dyno tune I would take a custom dyno tune. In this case, the only local Dimsport tuner that I know I can recommend with 100% confidence that you will be satisfied. Do the Dimsport custom tune.

<Insert recommendation in Spanish here:>

- Vete a Danny y a Devin (Only European Cars), ellos tunearon mi carro y estoy super satisfecho. El ha montado la mayoría de cosas en mi carro y se lo recomiendo a cualquiera con MINIs o BMWs. De verdad que si fuese yó, ni lo pensaría mucho. Dile que Mark te los recomendó...-

<End of Spanish recommendation>

If they actually do have the maps for the R56, it would VERY interesting to see what they can do with the car. I haven't heard of any Dimsport maps available for R56 before this.

Old 08-02-2008 | 06:17 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMacPR

If they actually do have the maps for the R56, it would VERY interesting to see what they can do with the car. I haven't heard of any Dimsport maps available for R56 before this.
Ya....according to Jan, they have only released maps for the European R56's. But hopefully its true! I've been patiently waiting for this....

Old 08-02-2008 | 06:19 PM
fernflex
|
3rd Gear
Danny and Devin (Only European) are the one with the Dimsport for my car, we started the other day to work with my dme but that day was raining and the electric service was shut down in his garage.

I have to go back!!

Old 08-02-2008 | 08:07 PM
SlowB00st
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fernflex
Danny and Devin (Only European) are the one with the Dimsport for my car, we started the other day to work with my dme but that day was raining and the electric service was shut down in his garage.

I have to go back!!
I don't know them by name but if these are the guys that are tuning minis with Ivan Rabbit... then I would recommend that route. I have been there while there were tuning a car and you know Ivan's reputation A+++++

Let me know when your getting the tune I want to see the results of the mods you have and tune

Deberiamos de echar un pase a ver como le han bregado los mods vs la mia que esta stock

Old 08-03-2008 | 11:14 AM
MiniMacPR
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SlowB00st
I don't know them by name but if these are the guys that are tuning minis with Ivan Rabbit... then I would recommend that route. I have been there while there were tuning a car and you know Ivan's reputation A+++++

Let me know when your getting the tune I want to see the results of the mods you have and tune

Deberiamos de echar un pase a ver como le han bregado los mods vs la mia que esta stock
Esos son ellos