Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Silencer option in aftermarket exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008 | 02:40 AM
jerjer
|
4th Gear
Silencer option in aftermarket exhaust?

i'm just wondering if there are any sort of silencer i can purchase and used for my invidia exhuast. not that i don't love the sound, but trying to look for a more comforting ride, so muffle the sound alittle more would be perfect (possible it might able to add deeper tone too)..

o, anyone might now whats the piping diatmeter of the exhuast? specifically the flange at the last section of the exhuast (exhaust tip flange that joins the canister)

thanks guys!

Old 12-03-2008 | 03:09 AM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
When you say silencer, I assume you are talking about a resonator? I'm not too familiar with the Invidia, but as far as something to make the tone a little more subtle, you can try any place that sells exhaust parts to buy a resonator. Exhaust Depot is a vendor on here, and I'm sure they would have something. Try Jegs or Summit also.

Old 12-03-2008 | 06:26 PM
jerjer
|
4th Gear
well.. a resonator isn't exactly what i was thinking, and my exhaust already has 1.

i was thinking of those silencer that usually comes with those fart cans, like u install them on the tip, and it muffles the sound quite abit.

but will a 2nd resonator be another option? cause the invidia resonator is pretty much dead in the middle of the center pipe.. so dunno if i can afford to custom 1, since nothing custom/quality piece comes in cheap.

Old 12-03-2008 | 07:22 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
your talking about a baffle that you can put in the tips?
we had these on a race car at an old job. I dont think they sell them for that exhaust. I know alot of ricer mufflers have them...
maybe that is some sort of universal one that you can make fit... other than that, I'm not sure if you can get one for your exhaust...

Old 12-03-2008 | 07:53 PM
jerjer
|
4th Gear
yea, i was thinking of an universal type baffle i suppose
let me go check out some exhaust shop if they sell any, but they probably will think i have some mental problem or something. since i don't get why those muffler shops always are always so hard to deal with, like their ego are so high.. but it's just exhaust! ok, sorry for the rant! hahaha

Old 12-03-2008 | 08:00 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jerjer
yea, i was thinking of an universal type baffle i suppose
let me go check out some exhaust shop if they sell any, but they probably will think i have some mental problem or something. since i don't get why those muffler shops always are always so hard to deal with, like their ego are so high.. but it's just exhaust! ok, sorry for the rant! hahaha
your right.. whats up with that...
haha "its just exhaust!"

Old 12-04-2008 | 06:30 AM
drsilvermini
4th Gear
Does a resonator help silence the exhaust?

Old 12-04-2008 | 08:34 AM
blkkouki
4th Gear
Originally Posted by drsilvermini
Does a resonator help silence the exhaust?
yes

and chances are the first "resonator" in your invidia exhaust is just a straight through muffler,and doesnt really muffle the sound at all. i have a resonator i can install and remove when i please that i had fabbed for my custom exhaust for long highway trips and it totoally makes a difference i love it.