Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain AmD One Click ECU upgrade-Anyone try it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 02:48 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
I heard this is now available.
http://www.stratmosphere.com/mini_oneclick.htm

Anyone try it yet-costs $549? Sounds like more levels than offered by the shark injector (similar-lower price only $399- less options). You choose a level based on your upgrades then if you add more upgrades you can for a fee, swap programs via your OBD using your AmD One click device.

From the stratmosphere site:
Mini OneClick Tuning by AmD

Here's your peek at the AmD OneClick system for the Mini. We have already tested Stage One and Stage 2 tuning successfully. We will be reporting on the further stages soon. Products will be available in September 2003. MSRP only $549. What do you get? The OneClick device with tuning loaded for your car.

How does it work?

1) You own the device for $549. You keep it. It can hold your stock program and the AnD modified program. You can switch at will. We load it here and send it you based upon your ECU number. All stages are the same price and we will upgrade your OneClick as you move up in stages for a small upgrade fee.

Stages:

1- Up to 171hp. For cars that are otherwise stock. OneClick tuning for 5-8hp improvement along with throttle re-mapping.

2- Up to 209hp. Includes OneClick tuning and 15% reduction pulley. Click image to see dyno chart on left.

3- Tuning software, pulley, Milltek catback exhaust.

4- Up to 223hp. Tuning software, pulley, Milltek catback, Milltek header and cat. Click image to see dyno chart on left.

5- Tuning software, pulley, Milltek catback, Milltek header, large bore throttle housing.

6- Adds Gas Flowed cylinder head.

7- Adds further tuned head and lightened flywheel.

Old 09-28-2003, 06:26 AM
IQQIMINI
Coordinator :: Mid-Ohio Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to these guys on Friday, and the AMD piece will NOT be sold because it apparently violates a patent owned by the Shark Injector.

They are the same thing, essentially.

On Monday, I will be speaking with them about how much it is to REPROGRAM after a new mod is added (I intend to do a Pulley in December), and that is the only question left for me. The Shark Injector is done by a well respected BMW tuner, so the confidence is there.

The advantage is the ability to swap TUNED with STOCK for visits to the dealer (if you so desire). Everything else appears to be comparable with other ECUs.

I'm almost certainly going to get one...

Old 09-28-2003, 02:42 PM
minihune
>>I spoke to these guys on Friday, and the AMD piece will NOT be sold because it apparently violates a patent owned by the Shark Injector.
I know someone that ordered it directly last week. Let's see if it actually comes.

>>They are the same thing, essentially.
While they might work in a similar manner and be packaged similarly there must be differences.
First the price difference- Shark $399 and the AmD $549. Shark is tuned but limited choices- stock, intake, pulley, exhaust- or combo of these-simple-effective-limited, Less cost=less choices for tuning.

>>On Monday, I will be speaking with them about how much it is to REPROGRAM after a new mod is added (I intend to do a Pulley in December), and that is the only question left for me. The Shark Injector is done by a well respected BMW tuner, so the confidence is there.
Yes, I agree. Let us know more details when they become available.

>>The advantage is the ability to swap TUNED with STOCK for visits to the dealer (if you so desire). Everything else appears to be comparable with other ECUs.
Actually right now the ECUs are mostly all or nothing. Once you get the current version that is it and there is no further software option until maybe a later release. Ask anyone that has gotten the early version of the Evotech. Is it optimized for a rebored throttlebody? For an exhaust header specifically? I don't know. I thought for this type of ECU upgrade you have a choice of letting the manufacturer know what is your set up and then they program the appropriate software for your hardware. Then you have the choice to load that software or your original stock software at will. Not that I would change back to stock software just for a trip to the dealer. Heck I didn't pull my intake or swaybar for my coolant bottle leak and the dealer was cool on it.

>>I'm almost certainly going to get one...
Let us know about this as you learn more. Nice concept. Lets also see some head to head comparison and some real product dyno done by an independent source on the same one dyno machine.

Old 10-10-2003, 07:29 PM
XAlfa
Banned
Old 10-11-2003, 01:48 AM
minihune
I am hearing that this product may not make it legally to the US due to conflicts with patents.
Initially it looked promising but I think that the programs are still be developed and it may take more time.
The price is higher but there an exchange rate taking place as well which usually means VAT tax which adds to the price.

So will have to wait and see and monitor how the shark injector does since this is the closest thing we have in the US.

Old 10-11-2003, 05:13 AM
cristo
Alliance Member
Received 207 Likes on 171 Posts
Since I have a MC (not MCS), I'm waiting for the Shark injector to come out in
that version, or for the OneClick's MC version to make it to the states. I emailed
amdtechnik (UK site), and they told me to check out the soon to be US amd site
http://www.amdtechnikusa.com/index.html
I don't want to have to drive far or send off my ecu to install, revise, remove, or
reinstall an ecu upgrade, so hopefully something one of these will become
available.

Old 10-12-2003, 07:21 AM
minihune
>>Since I have a MC (not MCS), I'm waiting for the Shark injector to come out in
>>that version, or for the OneClick's MC version to make it to the states. I emailed
>>amdtechnik (UK site), and they told me to check out the soon to be US amd site
>>http://www.amdtechnikusa.com/index.html
>>I don't want to have to drive far or send off my ecu to install, revise, remove, or
>>reinstall an ecu upgrade, so hopefully something one of these will become
>>available.

Both the AmD One Click and the Shark injector make it easy for owners to change ECU software from stock settings to modified at will. I don't think that the MC version of either is ready but maybe in the future it might be. Check with Pete at Stratmosphere in NY and see if he can let you know when and if an MC version of the Shark will arrive anytime soon. I know the MCS version of the shark is doing well but we are just waiting for some comparison dyno testing of various ECU upgrades.

Certainly the concept of changing programs easily is quite good and desirable.

Old 10-12-2003, 08:25 AM
bob421
1st Gear
>>Both the AmD One Click and the Shark injector make it easy for owners to change ECU software from stock settings to modified at will. I don't think that the MC version of either is ready but maybe in the future it might be. >>

Jim Conforti has done some work on a shark injector for the MC but he needs some Utah MC owners to help with evaluation and find tuning. Any Utah MC owners out there??

Old 10-12-2003, 10:49 AM
cristo
Alliance Member
Received 207 Likes on 171 Posts
Here's my email to AmD (UK) and the reply.
I gather that in the UK, they have the OneClick for the One, the
Cooper, and the Cooper S.

-----Original Message-----

Does the OneClick ecu programmer com in a version
for the Mini Cooper (non-S)?
If so, can you give me some details on it, and can
you ship to a US address?
Thanks. Chris

In a message dated 9/29/2003 6:56:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sales@amdtechnik.com writes:

Hi Chris,

The OneClick is available for the Mini Cooper I have attached a copy of the