Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain R56 custom tuning by RMW

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009 | 04:40 PM
DNadar
3rd Gear
post a new thread if you want to talk about m7's blowing up motor.

i want to hear about the numbers on a JCW

Old 05-04-2009 | 05:10 PM
miniwhat?
Neutral
things never change do they are we going back to the old days where all that used to happen on NAM was Jan and his group bashing the M7 guys? Man i seem to remember Jan getting banned from nam for the things he said back then and now he doesnt do it he has one of his followers do it for him. Funny how you brought up M7 and then bash on randy for posting in a RMW thread. If you didnt want to talk about it why bring it up? Why not keep this thread going about the R56 tune and forget about all the BS all of you RMW guys love to bring up and then complain about when people attack you. Seems to happen in all of the threads you post in if it isnt you bringing up and bashing on M7 its bashing on mynes i mean really it gets old all the flame wars you guys cause.

Old 05-04-2009 | 05:42 PM
richi0207
4th Gear
Hmm, first people start bashing on unichip and how bad it is and made up a story of m7's engine blowing. Then when m7 comes here to defend and tell facts, people start saying lets talking about the tune only? M7 is not the one that was picking the fight, they are spitting out facts because of people posting rumors.

Old 05-04-2009 | 08:02 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by richi0207
Hmm, first people start bashing on unichip and how bad it is and made up a story of m7's engine blowing. Then when m7 comes here to defend and tell facts, people start saying lets talking about the tune only? M7 is not the one that was picking the fight, they are spitting out facts because of people posting rumors.
First off buddy, I didn't make up the story. I made that remark based off of what I have heard from numerous folks down here and *falsely* accepted as common knowledge...and yes it was a smart a** remark, quite frankly I intended it to be. My bad there. But luckily for everyone's health here, Randy cleared it all up for us. Case closed.

Second of all, with the UniChip...maybe I and few others were bashing it. I know you have one, and its one of the few working, and I know you like it. That's all that should matter to you then really. Reason I always bring it up though, is because most people don't even bother to see how their motor is running...they just install it and go "oh wow, that gives it some serious power." Just like to give an honest reminder for people to look at the whole picture when tuning. However, you have said that you did infact know things like your AFR's with the UniChip and that they didn't seem to be an issue. So...props to you for doing your homework and hopefully you can continue to enjoy your UniChip issue free.

I personally will still feel that its a half-assed "tuning" solution...always have, always will...and I will not speak highly of it if anyone asks me my opinion on it. Again though, nothing against you...if you're happy with it and works for you, then thats wonderful and all that counts!!

Originally Posted by miniwhat?
things never change do they are we going back to the old days where all that used to happen on NAM was Jan and his group bashing the M7 guys? Man i seem to remember Jan getting banned from nam for the things he said back then and now he doesnt do it he has one of his followers do it for him. Funny how you brought up M7 and then bash on randy for posting in a RMW thread. If you didnt want to talk about it why bring it up? Why not keep this thread going about the R56 tune and forget about all the BS all of you RMW guys love to bring up and then complain about when people attack you. Seems to happen in all of the threads you post in if it isnt you bringing up and bashing on M7 its bashing on mynes i mean really it gets old all the flame wars you guys cause.
Really Mr. 1 Post? Wonder who you could be...

Jan didn't tell me anything, or have me say anything. It was MY doing, MY thoughts, MY opinion...see above. I am NOT RMW, not affiliated, not paid by them, heck I dont even have an RMW sticker on my car haha. I like Jan's work and respect his experience and knowledge and personally feel RMW's products are superior to most others in every way, shape, and form. <---MY opinion, get over it.

And you better not be accusing me there of bashing on Mynes....I have never. So you can go head and run along. Thread doesn't need to be de-railed anymore.

--- --- ----

Feel I have explained myself and my thoughts clearly and will not take anymore thread space about the above issues. If people want to keep bringing it up, have at it. I will only be posting in regards to the original nature of the thread, as it really is one of the most exciting things to come for us in the R56 world. I don't know who else has been tuned as of now...I'm guessing if its anybody, they are not on NAM....or we would have heard from them by now.

Carry on.

Old 05-04-2009 | 08:11 PM
miniwhat?
Neutral
it is what it is thumper.... you run around calling people out and flame them for responding i mean what was your goal bringing up the m7 car? if you werent going to tell the story you heard from whomever you did then why stir the pot. randy didnt post in here first you brought him up them flamed him for posting if you didnt want his response dont bring him up make sense... mr 1 post is right idc just because you have 1309 posts are you god? just fyi it doesnt matter 1 or 1 if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its probably a duck... i was just calling it like i see it mr fanboi keep drinking the jan flavor of the month and flaming other vendors just as jan used to. you may not be affiliated but you learn from you leader.

you may have come up with everything that you said here on your own however the apple never falls from the tree and it just seems nothing has changed if it isnt jan running around calling out vendors and then bashing them for a response it is one of his followers so whatever.

my only point is if you dont want to hear the response or you werent going to share your story then dont bring it up... especially if it is hearsay and you have no idea what really is going on with their R56. keep in mind i dont know if the car is running or not heck i dont even care

Old 05-04-2009 | 08:27 PM
dez
4th Gear
man I was excited to log into NAM and see 2 new pages on this thread... wow, was I disappointed... can we get back to the tuning please?

Old 05-04-2009 | 08:44 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dez
man I was excited to log into NAM and see 2 new pages on this thread... wow, was I disappointed... can we get back to the tuning please?
+1
I can't believe I had to read through all that hoping for a shred of info on the new tune ..

I just want to give someone some money for a good custom tune of my R56, and (like a broken record) I've got no problem paying a little extra if they can bring out the British personality with all it's pops, farts, and burbling ...

Old 05-04-2009 | 11:23 PM
silversmoke06
Banned
it is what it is thumper.... you run around calling people out and flame them for responding i mean what was your goal bringing up the m7 car? if you werent going to tell the story you heard from whomever you did then why stir the pot. randy didnt post in here first you brought him up them flamed him for posting if you didnt want his response dont bring him up make sense... mr 1 post is right idc just because you have 1309 posts are you god? just fyi it doesnt matter 1 or 1 if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its probably a duck... i was just calling it like i see it mr fanboi keep drinking the jan flavor of the month and flaming other vendors just as jan used to. you may not be affiliated but you learn from you leader.

you may have come up with everything that you said here on your own however the apple never falls from the tree and it just seems nothing has changed if it isnt jan running around calling out vendors and then bashing them for a response it is one of his followers so whatever.

my only point is if you dont want to hear the response or you werent going to share your story then dont bring it up... especially if it is hearsay and you have no idea what really is going on with their R56. keep in mind i dont know if the car is running or not heck i dont even care
Holy rude batman...
This is kinda rediculous, Reported.

Old 05-05-2009 | 12:02 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
just fyi it doesnt matter 1 or 1 if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its probably a duck... i was just calling it like i see it mr fanboi
If a 1 post poster looks like a troll and talks like a troll it's probably a troll.

a fanboi in his own right...

please exit this thread - or at the very least don't hide behind a fake account.

Old 05-05-2009 | 12:04 AM
Krut
6th Gear
All (including Vendors) -

Some of us (myself included) would actually like to see some dyno results of what RMW has produced.

Could we please refrain from making this a finger pointing argument and focus on adding some constructive comments and not the juvenile behavior seen on here.

VENDORS - you have your own area to air your own dirty laundry - do it here before I lock this thread - for your convenience I've included a link.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...or-lounge-243/

Old 05-05-2009 | 09:16 AM
D Unit
4th Gear
Thanks for not closing down the thread Krut and letting it continue since there is still a lot of good info on here...

That being said, was there an official answer to what happens if the dealer reflashes your CPU after an RMW tune? Do "tuned" cars pass SMOG in Cali?

Old 05-05-2009 | 09:23 AM
chakraj
5th Gear
No answer yet, but Im sure Jan will have your tune saved so you can just get it reflashed by him. Yes with a good tune you should pass emissions

Old 05-05-2009 | 09:35 AM
D Unit
4th Gear
Aside from trying to break the HP world record, what are some best bang for the buck mods to go along with a tune that can easily pass smog? I apologize for the newb-like questions, but I am just trying to figure out a conservative upgrade path with performance and reliability in mind...
  • intake
  • JCW inlet tube
  • Boost tubes vs Hard Pipes?
  • 2.5" exhaust

Old 05-05-2009 | 10:14 AM
chakraj
5th Gear
D-Unit, You should start a new thread with that question. I am sure you will get lots of answers that way.

Old 05-05-2009 | 10:28 AM
old81
M6
Good to see this back on track.

D-Unit, a suggestion for another thread is a good idea.

I would love to see some dyno results on the R56, I'm sure since the tune is a work in progress folks are not posting.

As noted by many, A/F is a concern as well as solid tune which will pass emissions.

I will wait on the tune when it is solid and the flashing tool is available, so I can refresh after my dealer messes with my ECU or I reflash before I take it to the dealer. At least I hope the flash tool has some of those features.

Currently trying to get a group of Colorado folks interested in the Denver area. Utah (Intense) has a list growing, too.

Don

Old 05-06-2009 | 07:01 PM
DNadar
3rd Gear
updates please!

Old 05-06-2009 | 07:09 PM
PoktRokt
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DNadar
updates please!
+1

Old 05-06-2009 | 08:36 PM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
More maps on the way

Old 05-07-2009 | 12:51 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
Old 05-07-2009 | 01:11 PM
BostonJohn
3rd Gear
Sorry i'm new to this so i've gotta ask the questions:

Somewhere earlier in this thread someone asked if the dealer reflashes and removed the RMW tune will RMW replace it. If so will there be a small fee for each reflash?

Also, can the dealer detect the tune and void warranty?

Ultimately the discussion of a handheld device to do the reprogramming would solve the issue, but in the interim i'm just curious how this will be handled.

I live down in San Diego so Irvine is a short drive for a quality tune. My R56 is stock right now, but that ~40whp gain for $800 sounds like the most bang for your buck.

We've already seen numbers for a stock R56 tuned. Were dyno results available for the R56, with aftermarket exhaust and intake, post tune?

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:02 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BostonJohn
I live down in San Diego so Irvine is a short drive for a quality tune. My R56 is stock right now, but that ~40whp gain for $800 sounds like the most bang for your buck.

We've already seen numbers for a stock R56 tuned. Were dyno results available for the R56, with aftermarket exhaust and intake, post tune?
I'm sure there are some dynos somewhere around. Just be assured that a simple tune can unleash an incredible amount of power that you will more than notice. It also helps gas mileage to boot (after you get past YOUR break-in period)! It IS well worth it.

Old 05-11-2009 | 01:31 PM
old81
M6
Updates if any.

Jan,

Any new updates to dyno sheets, progress on the tune, installation successes or failures?

News on the personal flashing tool?

This thread has been quiet much to long.

Old 05-12-2009 | 03:26 PM
richi0207
4th Gear
Hmm, just out of curiosity, for those who have an RMW tune, how is 40hp gain done with only a .5 psi increase in boost?

Old 05-12-2009 | 04:52 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by richi0207
Hmm, just out of curiosity, for those who have an RMW tune, how is 40hp gain done with only a .5 psi increase in boost?
You are probably way off base on your boost assumption. You may want to look up what the stock boost levels are.

Also, boost is not the only factor in how much power the engine puts out.

Think about it.
How can Jan get big gains on a R53 that he doesn't change the boost levels at all on?

Old 05-12-2009 | 04:58 PM
DNadar
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
You are probably way off base on your boost assumption. You may want to look up what the stock boost levels are.

Also, boost is not the only factor in how much power the engine puts out.

Think about it.
How can Jan get big gains on a R53 that he doesn't change the boost levels at all on?

Answer the question or correct him if he's wrong on the boost levels.

I hate these kind of posts.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain R56 custom tuning by RMW