Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain O2 Sim / P0420 code delete

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009 | 01:07 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Riss is taking awhile huh guys?

My car was recently hit in a hit and run and I'm looking for a new exhaust. I wanted to go to them for everything, but it seems that people are dissatisfied with the length of time without the product after purchase...I obviously can't wait that long.

Old 10-28-2009 | 05:58 PM
tfuhst
2nd Gear
I spoke to rissracing about ordering their exhaust and how long would it take them to ship it out to me, they said friday or monday if i ordered today.

Old 10-29-2009 | 04:15 PM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
RISS Racing turn around

I was in their shop Monday evening and today. Their products are now in stock and shipping.

I have my car back and geez - what a performance kick from the cat-less, no resonator, full exhaust!
Faster and earlier turbo spool with no sudden drop-off before red-line (my inter-cooler also helps here; however, this released some previously un-tapped performance). The final production version has replaceable tips, the polished dual 3.5" rolled tips fill the exhaust opening and properly complete the tail of the car.

The cat-less resonator-less exhaust will turn heads when you roll on the throttle and sounds amazing - race, not rice or fart pipe. It is loud, outside and in the cabin. If you'd like a reasonably quiet interior I suggest the resonator pipe with a cat-less DP. The catted pipe is, of course, quieter even without the resonator pipe section. Every configuration sounds terrific, adding the cat and a resonator simply reduces the sound level.

The oil catch can fits the car and is a clean install - it has a very unique mounting bracket that mounts to stock bolts and eliminates the need to drill any holes.

The BOV pipe is a perfect-fitting hard pipe with rolled lips to prevent leaks or blow-off a connection. I don't have the BOV installed on the hard pipe yet as mine was sacrificed for shipping to other customers. In development it worked flawlessly. I also have noticed that the turbo spool-up whine is more evident after the install of the BOV hard pipe. Not loud, but it can now be heard.

The O2 sim works flawlessly. NO MORE CELS!
I have duplicated multiple times each condition that previously guaranteed a CEL to be triggered on my car and no longer get a CEL. My car was VERY sensitive and would always trigger a CEL under specific conditions with a Alta catted DP.

Old 10-29-2009 | 05:35 PM
etalj
6th Gear
can someone post a sound clip of a RR DP with a stock factory JCW catback?

Old 10-30-2009 | 06:37 AM
got.pho?
4th Gear
dtsss buy my invidia/ragazzon combo =]

anyways! good hearing good things about the cel delete!

Old 11-04-2009 | 10:15 AM
Riss Racing
Banned
Hey guys,

Sorry the price is higher than expected. We did everything we could to keep the price low. But once it went from a voltage divider to a very complex micro controller everything changed. There is a reason a SIM has not been released for this car. It is very expensive/hard to make. Kevin has a working SIM on his car we are leaving it on his car while we wait for IC chips. We have everything finished and ready to go on our end. Once they come in we program them and start shipping.

If you guys can get a group of people together I may be able to help on the price. No promises however I'll do anything I can! Guys from the GROUP BUY with catted DPs we will be sending you the SIM fix FREE. Thank you!

PS thanks for the review Kevin glad your happy with the products!

Old 11-04-2009 | 02:34 PM
MINIutia
3rd Gear
I used to drive around with a Code Reader in the car to re-set a CEL from my prior catted after-market DP. I took the reader out of the car yesterday because I don't have CELs triggered anymore!! and I have done (multiple times) everything that used to trigger a CEL.

Old 11-04-2009 | 05:25 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dtsoccer6
Riss is taking awhile huh guys?

My car was recently hit in a hit and run and I'm looking for a new exhaust. I wanted to go to them for everything, but it seems that people are dissatisfied with the length of time without the product after purchase...I obviously can't wait that long.
Come on Steve....you know what exhaust you're supposed to be waiting for

Old 01-20-2010 | 05:43 AM
turtle343
4th Gear
so if i buy a riss racing cat less DP will it come with the cel eliminator for free of will i also need to purchase one?

Old 01-20-2010 | 01:00 PM
Adam@RissRacing
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by turtle343
so if i buy a riss racing cat less DP will it come with the cel eliminator for free of will i also need to purchase one?
The downpipes come with all the hardware but not the o2 sim. If you would like to keep the CEL out of the dash, you most likely will need the o2 sim!

Old 01-20-2010 | 02:31 PM
turtle343
4th Gear
thank you

Old 01-20-2010 | 09:14 PM
Riss Racing
Banned
Hey guys,

The boards on the first 20 are completed. Software is being uploaded and we're going to check each system to make sure they match up! I'll keep giving you guys updates!