Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain ***OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD for FLASH TOOL***

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010 | 11:34 AM
david in germany
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
MAKE SURE EVERYONE UPDATES THE SOFTWARE FIRST

THEN THE TOOL...............

thanks
New link Jan?

Old 04-19-2010 | 12:04 PM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by david in germany
New link Jan?

just open the software and go to internet update

Old 04-19-2010 | 01:01 PM
Eds not-so-red MINI
5th Gear
just open the software and go to internet update
It works. Plug the tool into your computer's USB, start up the My Genius client, and click the Update button. It will update the tool and the client software.

I had gotten errors loading the tune into the ECU with the earlier version of the software; after the update, the tune loaded successfully without issue. My MINI seems very happy with it. So happy, in fact, that it's now asking for more mods.

I also fear that my mileage is going to go in the toilet, because it's also begging me to put my foot in it much more than it did before.

'such a thrill when your radials squeal ...'

Old 04-19-2010 | 01:36 PM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by Eds not-so-red MINI
It works. Plug the tool into your computer's USB, start up the My Genius client, and click the Update button. It will update the tool and the client software.

I had gotten errors loading the tune into the ECU with the earlier version of the software; after the update, the tune loaded successfully without issue. My MINI seems very happy with it. So happy, in fact, that it's now asking for more mods.

I also fear that my mileage is going to go in the toilet, because it's also begging me to put my foot in it much more than it did before.

'such a thrill when your radials squeal ...'

Old 04-19-2010 | 01:46 PM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
Tuning tool "How-To"

Originally Posted by PoktRokt
Jan, you really need to spend the time to do a FAQ on your website for stuff like this.

+1

I would like to know the affects of the sport button on the tune, how aftermarket parts affect how the tune is configured, when the pop & burble will be available - A FAQ would be great![/quote]

For those WITH the tuning tool and using it, please take a moment to send me info on your experience with the tool. I'm going to re-write the instructions and include your inputs to make a "How-To" (with photo's) for setting the tool up and using it - end-to-end. The quicker you can send me your inputs, the quicker I can put this all together. To keep the thread a little cleaner, please email your inputs to cmcveay@yahoo.com and make the subject line "RMW Tool Input".

Thanks,
Craig

Old 04-19-2010 | 01:46 PM
PoktRokt
3rd Gear
THE NEW SOFTWARE IS NOW UP ...........for those that have that software, update your software for it to work properly[/quote]

This is only for people that have a newer ECU and had trouble loading the tune on, right?

Old 04-19-2010 | 01:50 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Eds not-so-red MINI
Mine already has. I went from between 28 to 31 MPG to 24.7. I will need to look at this a bit closer when I take my next business trip on Thu. I have a 1.5 hour drive each way on Thursday. Might need some better gas too.

Old 04-19-2010 | 02:41 PM
mikemc
3rd Gear
MY EAGLE HAS LANDED! WE ARE IN THE GREEN AND READY TO GO!

Old 04-19-2010 | 03:14 PM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
Originally Posted by onefish2
Mine already has. I went from between 28 to 31 MPG to 24.7. I will need to look at this a bit closer when I take my next business trip on Thu. I have a 1.5 hour drive each way on Thursday. Might need some better gas too.
If you're constantly driving as shown in that video you posted, I can see why!

Old 04-19-2010 | 04:02 PM
MattB_CO
Neutral
Can anyone point me to actual increases for a bone stock Mini Clubman S? I can't do any mods as I some times take it to NASA TT track days. I'm interested in the tune if it can get some more power

Old 04-19-2010 | 04:12 PM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned

everyone I have talked to is reporting better gas mileage

are you driving around floored now?

Old 04-19-2010 | 04:13 PM
Revolution Mini Works
|
Banned
Originally Posted by MattB_CO
Can anyone point me to actual increases for a bone stock Mini Clubman S? I can't do any mods as I some times take it to NASA TT track days. I'm interested in the tune if it can get some more power

most are seeing 20-30whp gains

Old 04-19-2010 | 04:24 PM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MattB_CO
Mines pretty much bone stock and I gained 29HP and 16 lb/ft TQ.

Old 04-19-2010 | 05:10 PM
Dwight Walhood
5th Gear

Hate to break it to you this way, but mpg is in inverse proportion to the weight of your right foot, LOL. Just did a +100mi. club run and got 26.5mpg. On sustained long trips (+500mi) at +75mph, I'm still getting ~33mpg. Gotta admit that since Jan's tune, it takes enormous willpower to keep my foot off the loud pedal!

Old 04-19-2010 | 05:53 PM
CCM
4th Gear
This tune kicks ***. Very pleased.
Rips like mad in 2nd gear through red line.
Will know more when it's on the highway tomorrow.
I've been sorely disappointed in the 2nd gen MCS performance (coming off a well modified '06 STi and an '02 twin-charged MCS) but this, coupled with the correct suspension modifications, finally makes the 2nd gen worth owning.
Many thanks and kudos to Jan.

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:57 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Originally Posted by thevelourfog
If you're constantly driving as shown in that video you posted, I can see why!
Not constantly .

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:00 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
everyone I have talked to is reporting better gas mileage

are you driving around floored now?
Its a combination of that and driving around in NYC for a few days. I am driving down to south Jersey on Thursday. I will reset the gas gauge on the OBC to see how I do. I did average about 31MPG on my way up to Boston after I left you in Philly a couple of weeks ago.

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:04 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dwight Walhood
Hate to break it to you this way, but mpg is in inverse proportion to the weight of your right foot, LOL. Just did a +100mi. club run and got 26.5mpg. On sustained long trips (+500mi) at +75mph, I'm still getting ~33mpg. Gotta admit that since Jan's tune, it takes enormous willpower to keep my foot off the loud pedal!
Let me say it this way. The RMW tune has not made my overall MPG decrease, I know I have done this by driving much more aggressively.

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:22 PM
richi0207
4th Gear
thanks, I'm working as fast as possible on cars. Spent the whole weekend getting caught up on some of the cars. The next batch of tools is landing at everyone's home so it's going to be tough. Be patient everyone I'm working as fast as possible. If you have NOT received your tool please email me at:

jan@revolutionmini.com
Wow, IMO you are superman, literally!! The amount of work you get done within a short time period is incredible. Also, your customer support is TOP NOTCH customer support compared to any other company. It even makes it more fascinating how ONE person is able to produce top of the line support as well as quality work. I will wait as long as I have to patiently for tune updates, I have so much respect for a hardworking person like yourself.
A++ for you Jan!

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:30 PM
killerfox
4th Gear
Originally Posted by richi0207
Wow, IMO you are superman, literally!! The amount of work you get done within a short time period is incredible. Also, your customer support is TOP NOTCH customer support compared to any other company. It even makes it more fascinating how ONE person is able to produce top of the line support as well as quality work. I will wait as long as I have to patiently for tune updates, I have so much respect for a hardworking person like yourself.
A++ for you Jan!
I couldn't have said it any better, It is very rare to get such great support and products.

Old 04-19-2010 | 08:41 PM
Gilboyto
4th Gear
So...my car is fast. haha. I cant wait for an FMIC so I can get a more aggressive tune!

Im boosting right around 15-17 psi with just an intake and turboback (will be catless soon). All I can say is wow.

Even with me getting on it, since I filled up 2 days ago my average MPG has gone from 29.9 to 32-36 in the CITY

Old 04-20-2010 | 06:45 AM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
I'm working through some issues with my tuning tool because I'm one of the "lucky ones" with the new ECU software. I've gone through the update process for the software and the tool and now, when I try to go through the "PRT IDENTIFY" steps, I get a protocol error.

Would any of you mind sending me information from your updated tuning tool?

I'm looking for what your device says for the following that can be found under Device Info and Protocol pages:
Bootloader ver:
GOS ver:
GMP ver:
Protocol info (the protocols and the flash info).

With this, I should be able to tell if my device isn't updating correctly. {EDIT: Just in case anyone is wondering, Jan is all over this with me and he's providing his usual awesome customer service.}

Thanks,
Craig

Last edited by cmcveay; 04-20-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2010 | 07:19 AM
killerfox
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cmcveay
I'm working through some issues with my tuning tool because I'm one of the "lucky ones" with the new ECU software. I've gone through the update process for the software and the tool and now, when I try to go through the "PRT IDENTIFY" steps, I get a protocol error.

Would any of you mind sending me information from your updated tuning tool?

I'm looking for what your device says for the following that can be found under Device Info and Protocol pages:
Bootloader ver:
GOS ver:
GMP ver:
Protocol info (the protocols and the flash info).

With this, I should be able to tell if my device isn't updating correctly.

Thanks,
Craig
Here is what mine looks like, hope this helps.

Bootloader ver: 2.000.008
GOS ver: 3.060 Build 0003
GMP ver: 4.2.2
PROTOCOL INFO:
M5228
C5228
WRITE
FLASH_0302 v 1.001

Old 04-20-2010 | 07:38 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Do we have a build date which this "new ecu" was introduced to the production line? That way we can inticipate any complications.?

I believe my tool has arrived. I got a a post office yellow card in my mail box. Going to run up to the post office tomorrow morning to get the tool!!

Old 04-20-2010 | 07:47 AM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
I don't know that the software version can be tied to build date. I had my 09 at the dealership about a month ago to resolve an issue with the window dipper and they kept it overnight and reflashed the system. I suspect they flashed the ECU at the same time.

Good luck with the tool if that's it!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain ***OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD for FLASH TOOL***